AVS Forum banner

Vizio Smartcast soundbars vs non Smartcast

492 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Jexiel Aviles 
#1 ·
Hello.

I don't know if anyone with these sound bars have ever experienced this is but it's strange. First I decided to buy the vizio sb3821-c6 for my room which is a non smart cast device. I fell in love with it the sound quality was mind blowing. So I decided to purchase another one for the living room, but instead I chose the 3.1 smart cast mainly for the movies smart cast and also it was rated at higher db than the other one at 101db. Well while it did sound great for movies, not much for music. And I've read here on these forums that 2.1 Will sound the best when it comes to music. So I said too myself, alright I will purchase the 2.1 instead but smart cast. Well I just plugged it in today And what know, still disappointed with the sound quality it was about the same as the 3.1. Now the only thing left is, I guess it must the built in smart cast in these devices that's causing some kinda audio loss in General. Because the regular 2.1 sounds A LOT better, I mean by a pretty big margin. So I'm really not sure just looking to see off anyone has come across And notice these same issues. Thank you!

#3 ·
No the one's I've tested where all 38" soundbars. It's just very odd to me the smartcast one's aren't nearly as loud as the one's without it. I wonder if it's some kind of bug in the firmware or something. Why would they rate the 5.1 version 104 db, when the one that's rated 100 db sounds a lot louder? don't understand that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.