1Likes
  • 1 Post By West822

post #1 of 4 Old 09-16-2017, 08:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Bose vs Vizio

I am new to forum and Vizio. Just bought M70 and loves their smart cast.
I am considering one of the best sounding sound bar from which I can stream you tube audio without turning on the TV? So which model is the best from 2016 or 2017?
How is Vizio's top line compared to Bose sound touch 300? are they comparable products when it comes to sound?
Planning to stream you tube (without video) music through soundbar and watch movies at night.

I do have a 5.1 Yamaha AVR with Mirage's tiny speaker set up at my up stairs attached with my projector.

Any advise will save the planet by minimizing the returns.

If you have time to read. I went to Best Buy and hear several sound bar including the above bose and I was not impressed at all. The one I really liked was Klipsch which I do not think it was 5.1.
Then very next day I went to Fry's where they had Bose in a studio which sounded really amazing but it was not just soundbar but sub ($699 :-( ) and rear speakers ($300:-().
The point is that at BB, Bose did not sound well on an open floor and my living room is open so this virtual surround may not work for me.
Another one impressed at frys was JBL 450, Again it is a 2.1 but sounded really good.
Any advise is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-16-2017, 11:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 432 Post(s)
Liked: 93
The Bose 300 has a feature called Adaptiq which examines the sound of 5 seating positions then optimizes the audio to best perform in your room. The Bose 300 Soundbar coupled with the optional Acoustimass 300 wireless bass module is amazing. I highly recommend these products. I'm not a sales person with Bose nor any store. Just a regular person. Here is a link for more information.
https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/...300_pkg_st_300

LG OLED 55EG9100 HDTV, DirecTV HD DVR Genie HR44, DirecTV AM21 OTA Receiver, Sony BDPS6500 Blu-Ray, Bose Soundtouch 130 HTC (Sound Bar), Panamax MR5100 Power Manager, Harmony Elite Remote, Monoprice AV Cables

LG OLED 55EG9100 Calibrated by Best Buy Geek Squad
post #3 of 4 Old 09-17-2017, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49Merc View Post
The Bose 300 has a feature called Adaptiq which examines the sound of 5 seating positions then optimizes the audio to best perform in your room. The Bose 300 Soundbar coupled with the optional Acoustimass 300 wireless bass module is amazing. I highly recommend these products. I'm not a sales person with Bose nor any store. Just a regular person. Here is a link for more information.
https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/...300_pkg_st_300
I bought Vizio to try it out. Surprising it is damn good product. I compare it with Bose Computer speakers. Vizio has better vocal clarity. Will get a Bose soundbar and try out apple to apple.
I bought 36inch and there are 2 issues and one dislike so far.

1. Youtube is not supported to cast directly to Soundbar. Only audio apps like iHeart is casatable. Anyone able to cast Youtube audio to soundbar and work around?
2. Youtube cast to TV which connected through ARC as well as in second attempt through optical cable to Sound bar did not produce 5.1 surround. On the other hand Netflix has no issues for the same set up to pass 5.1 channel. I have a dedicated 5.1 channel which takes input from youtbe using my computer and no issue with 5.1 channel.
Any help is appreciable

now to dislike
Left and Right channel audio seperation is not great and kind of expected. Not sure if 45inch model will help but I kind of doubt for additional 9 inch separation for someone sitting 10-15 feet away.
Let me know any soundbar can overcome this channel separation issue besides the left and right speaker close proximity within a soundbar.

Your feedback is awaited and really appreciate.

post #4 of 4 Old 09-22-2017, 06:16 AM - Thread Starter

Since no feedback. I went ahead and bought bose 300 to compare (no sub and surround). some songs sounded better on Vizio and others on Bose. For e.g. Justin Lake Timberlake Sexy back sound awful on Vizio but Katie Perries Roar sounded better on Vizio. I have a list of songs which sounded better on Bose vs Vizio. The only slight edge I gave to bose is even when bose lost to Vizio on many songs, it did not feel as terrible when Vizio lost to bose. Vizio's only issue it lost in few songs where i noticed kind of volume going up and down, not sure if it is a setting or the speaker could not deliver certain sound. Most songs are pretty close too..Movie beats bose especially without bose sub. In a day, I was able to overcome the hype of bose (I have been bose fan) and realized that paying higher does not always give the best. Bose is headed for return. I got 29 more days in case if anyone would like to compare.

Comparison is done with $170 full package 36inch vizio vs Bose soundbar.
49Merc likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page