Best budget subwoofer for yamaha sound bar? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-07-2007, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I've been looking for a sub woofer to match up with my yamaha ysp-800 I bought at best buy for $170 (marked down from $800) while they had a clearance for them. As you can imagine, for 170 it sounds great. Everyone has said the sound quality doubles with dedicated sub.
So Im looking for subs around the same I paid for the sound bar. The Dayton SUB-100 10" for $100 seems to be the best bet from what i've researched. People have reported the sub that yamaha makes for there soundbars pairs really well, but Id imagine a more dedicated speaker manufacturer would make a better sub. Now whats important to remember is the system is a surround sound bar, so anything more than a 10 inch sub would probably be too overpowering. Not looking to spend more than $200. Will mostly be used for gaming and movies, but music is important too as I play music games like rock band or guitar hero.Thanks for any help or advice in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-07-2007, 04:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmannc View Post

So Im looking for subs around the same I paid for the sound bar. The Dayton SUB-100 10" for $100 seems to be the best bet from what i've researched.

Now whats important to remember is the system is a surround sound bar, so anything more than a 10 inch sub would probably be too overpowering.

There is no such thing as an overpowering subwoofer. They have a volume control knob for a reason. That said, you should also consider the Dayton SUB-120, too.

"All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it."
Reply Soundbars

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page