Old 08-25-2010, 05:06 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriss2d View Post

I never realized that Christmas Carol was going to be $50. That's a ridiculous price and no doubt something that will really piss everyone off. Most people are only interested in one version to begin with, so forcing them to pay almost double for a version they don't even want is a brilliant idea. If 3-D survives it'll be in spite of the studios, not because of them. They're doing some stUUUUUpid things. You can always count on studio greed.

It's only $28 on Amazon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2010, 05:08 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenisG View Post

It's only $28 on Amazon.

Maybe they decided to lower the price. That article Lee posted said retailing for $50 which is ridonkulous. It could be just a fake "retail" price like everything else though. Doesn't matter...I'm glad to hear the price down to earth.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 44
Quote:

Maybe they decided to lower the price. That article Lee posted said retailing for $50 which is ridonkulous. It could be just a fake "retail" price like everything else though. Doesn't matter...I'm glad to hear the price down to earth.

The MSRP is $49.99

Amazon is selling it for $28. Which BTW is $2.50 more than the BD only version:

http://www.amazon.com/Disneys-Christ...2777701&sr=8-7

Best Buy on the other hand . . . well just bend over and hand them your wallet
Old 08-25-2010, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post

The MSRP is $49.99

Amazon is selling it for $28. Which BTW is $2.50 more than the BD only version:

http://www.amazon.com/Disneys-Christ...2777701&sr=8-7

Best Buy on the other hand . . . well just bend over and hand them your wallet

Well, that's still a problem then, since most folks still do their shopping in stores. They'll see that insane price and scoff it. 3-D will be blamed no doubt and it isn't helping.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Well, that's still a problem then, since most folks still do their shopping in stores. They'll see that insane price and scoff it. 3-D will be blamed no doubt and it isn't helping.

3DTV is an early adopter series of products. EA's almost always put having the tech before the cost. The nonsense at Ebay with 3D BDs is proof of this.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:34 PM - Thread Starter

James Cameron talks Avatar's theatrical, Blu-ray Special Editions

Quote:
This weekend Avatar comes back for more in theaters, packing an extra 8 and a half minutes and only available in 3D. According to director James Cameron, part of the reason is there are so many more 3D cinemas now than there were before, especially internationally. If you're still holding out for the (next) home release, expect even more footage with an extra 16 minutes added onto the original cut, which Cameron hopes will help hold fans over while they work on sequels that could take years to make. Oh, and the Blu-ray 3D release? The Hollywood Reporter says that's still on hold for 2011, while Cameron & Co. hold out for a larger installed base of 3D-ready displays.

http://hd.engadget.com/2010/08/25/ja...ecial-edition/
Old 08-25-2010, 08:36 PM

Quote:

3DTV is an early adopter series of products. EA's almost always put having the tech before the cost. The nonsense at Ebay with 3D BDs is proof of this.

I'm actually referring to the 2d buyers. They're being forced to buy both versions if they want a copy when it comes out and they'll be pissed if they have to pay almost double the usual rate because there's a 3-D version included. Know what I mean? It's potentially just another excuse for people to turn on 3-D.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I'm actually referring to the 2d buyers. They're being forced to buy both versions if they want a copy when it comes out and they'll be pissed if they have to pay almost double the usual rate because there's a 3-D version included. Know what I mean? It's potentially just another excuse for people to turn on 3-D.

Disney said a while ago that they were going to raise the price of their releases but in turn use "value added" features to justify the price increase. Adding a DVD and a Digital Copy (and in the case of a 3D BD release - add the 2D copy) is what they are doing.

Sony on the other hand is just releasing a 3D BD for it's 3D title(s)
Old 08-26-2010, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUJayhawk20659 View Post

Looks to me that the site JUST went up as of the 20th, yet you already have one of the movies?
Fishy

Went to the site this morning. Her's what it says:

"Store closed down, and updates coming soon."
Old 08-26-2010, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by everyperson View Post

Went to the site this morning. Her's what it says:

"Store closed down, and updates coming soon."

So they not only pirated the DVD's but now they'll take the early adopters money and run. And that's after coming on here and touting the website to us. Sheeesh.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:57 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 182
This should come as a surprise to no one. It was probably just a straightforward rip off, but if they thought they had a leg to stand on, they were crazy.

Joe Clark

Old 08-26-2010, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcdon7230 View Post

So they not only pirated the DVD's but now they'll take the early adopters money and run. And that's after coming on here and touting the website to us. Sheeesh.

I saw that last night, and emailed Mr 3d, and he just said he couldn't keep up with the orders and needed to slow down to get more bd-r in's. Anywho he said all orders were going to be shipped today. If he doesn't, you guys can just dispute with paypal, but I received my discs fine.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Oh, and the Blu-ray 3D release? The Hollywood Reporter says that's still on hold for 2011, while Cameron & Co. hold out for a larger installed base of 3D-ready displays.

I don't get this. For a tentpole 3D movie such as Avatar, why not release ASAP to encourage people to try out 3D in the home? Surely it has such pull that pretty much everyone that buys a 3DTV and bluray player will buy a copy, so there isn't any loss of sales by launching early, they just sell slowly but surely alongside 3DTV growth.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipfit View Post

I saw that last night, and emailed Mr 3d, and he just said he couldn't keep up with the orders and needed to slow down to get more bd-r in's. Anywho he said all orders were going to be shipped today. If he doesn't, you guys can just dispute with paypal, but I received my discs fine.

I just got an email with a tracking number, whatever that's worth. We'll see in a few days.

Thanx,
Paul
Old 08-26-2010, 11:45 AM

yea that's so dumb, if they release it, there will definitely be an incentive push for folks to hop on the 3d train. By not giving us content will slow down 3d tv sales.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

yea that's so dumb, if they release it, there will definitely be an incentive push for folks to hop on the 3d train. By not giving us content will slow down 3d tv sales.

Panasonic must be thinking differently - that they will sell more 3DTVs when they give away a free copy of Avatar wih each purchase.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Panasonic must be thinking differently - that they will sell more 3DTVs when they give away a free copy of Avatar wih each purchase.

Well there head Market people are idiots.IMO....MO Content Mo tvs Sold ...What dont they get..I hate corprate people..Lamers....
Old 08-26-2010, 01:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Cameron's and Panasonic's strategies on Avatar's release would seem to be at odds. If Cameron is waiting for a larger installed base that would suggest he's not planning on having any exclusive bundles involving Avatar. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

Good to hear that you received your discs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul S Penny View Post

I just got an email with a tracking number, whatever that's worth. We'll see in a few days.

That's also good to hear. But if it IS legit, then it's sad to see the store closed down...I was seriously thinking about buying some of those today when I discovered the store closed down. I'm getting the feeling I may never be able to get this content...

Samsung KN55S9C OLED TV
LG EL9500 OLED TV
Sony XEL-1 OLED TV (x2)
Samsung UN55C8000 3D LED TV
Samsung BD-C6900 and BD-F5900 3D Blu-ray players
Onkyo HT-S770 home theater system
Old 08-26-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:

You got yours fine from a CL ad. Then you "emailed Mr. 3D" and he told you the inside deal. Yep, still fishy
Old 08-26-2010, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUJayhawk20659 View Post

You got yours fine from a CL ad. Then you "emailed Mr. 3D" and he told you the inside deal. Yep, still fishy

Agreed. No offense, Vipfit.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDP View Post

Cameron's and Panasonic's strategies on Avatar's release would seem to be at odds. If Cameron is waiting for a larger installed base that would suggest he's not planning on having any exclusive bundles involving Avatar. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I believe (??) he doesn't have any say in the matter on the video release. That is all Fox's decisions. Not like Speilberg. He may be the spokesman though.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:05 PM

Received the 2 disks today (Grand Canyon and Under the Sea), however there are severe ghosting issues with both, rendering them unwatchable. Don't know if the incompatibility is in the BD-R replay of the Sony S570 I have (the factory Cloudy w Meatballs and Monsters v Aliens, play perfectly). But until there's some update from Mr3D or Sony, I can't recommend the BD-R copies to anyone.

"Perfection is unobtainable" -Kevin Costner in "Tin Cup"
"However Kate Beckensale, Charlize Theron, and Liv Tyler come damn close"- Sam54
Old 08-27-2010, 12:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam54 View Post

Received the 2 disks today (Grand Canyon and Under the Sea), however there are severe ghosting issues with both, rendering them unwatchable. Don't know if the incompatibility is in the BD-R replay of the Sony S570 I have (the factory Cloudy w Meatballs and Monsters v Aliens, play perfectly). But until there's some update from Mr3D or Sony, I can't recommend the BD-R copies to anyone.

Have you tried playing them in 2D? Any problems there?
Old 08-27-2010, 08:01 AM

Quote:

I should be getting my copies of IA3 and Coraline in the next day or so, i will report back if there is any issues as well. I have a samsung tv and bluray player.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Mr3D = Printing money

My mom works for Sony, and she brought home a copy of "Starhawk BETA"
I quickly slipped it into my trusty PS3, and started playing.

GOOZEX Game/Movie Exchange
Old 08-27-2010, 05:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:

Received my copy of Under the Sea. Played it for a few minutes and it had artifacts on the screen. Ripped it and burned it to a BD-RE and it plays perfectly. There were also fingerprints on the disc so that could have been the issue but I've had really good luck with using BD-RE for playback.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:02 PM

you guys got under the sea? or deep sea? if under the sea, I need that one...pm me

yea, make the disc is wiped and clean of fingerprints i would say if it had any
Old 08-27-2010, 07:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Err, Deep Sea, not under the sea.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter

3D Blu-ray Offers New Packaging Opportunities

http://www.homemediamagazine.com/3-d...tunities-20441

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo Blu Ray , Monster House Blu Ray 3d Version , My Bloody Valentine 3d Blu Ray 3d , A Christmas Carol Blu Ray , Wrath Of The Titans Blu Ray , Clash Of The Titans Blu Ray , Toy Story 2 Two Disc Special Edition Blu Ray Dvd Combo W Blu Ray Packaging , Toy Story 3 Blu Ray , Toy Story Four Disc Combo Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy
Gear in this thread - Toy by PriceGrabber.com