The Official AVS 3D Film (First Run In Theaters) Topic! - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 06-29-2011, 03:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 36
The 3D trailer for Captain America is playing in front of Transformers, and it's said to look bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2011, 04:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I saw the trailer theatrically and also on 3net's "In the Cube" and it loooked impressive to me both times; miles ahead of other recent conversions (I'm thinking of you, "Thor")
Old 07-07-2011, 05:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Shouldn't "TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON" say that a big part of it has been converted to 3D? The real/fake link in the OP put's it in their "fake 3D" section saying 1/3 to 1/2 of it is converted, and that the robots are all converted. It might even be more than that that is converted.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs View Post

Shouldn't "TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON" say that a big part of it has been converted to 3D? The real/fake link in the OP put's it in their "fake 3D" section saying 1/3 to 1/2 of it is converted, and that the robots are all converted. It might even be more than that that is converted.

It was 60% native live action, 15% native CG, and 15% conversion- some of which was a conscious decision for closeups, and some of which was simply because one of the two cameras would have debris or something that didn't look right in stereo.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:42 AM
AVS Special Member

John Carter articles:
http://collider.com/john-carter-vide...railer/101317/
http://collider.com/andrew-stanton-i...carter/101272/

Quote:

The film wasn’t shot in 3D and Stanton says he had no say over whether the film was 3D or not. Disney is post-converting to 3D. Producer Jim Morris says because there’s so much CG in the film, a lot of the elements of stereoscopic 3D are inherently in place. They pulled in Pixar’s stereographer Bob Whitehill to do 3D work on John Carter.

Quote:

Stanton: It was hard enough to leap to this medium and learn all these other things, and it was the same reason I didn’t do (3D) on Wall-E: It wasn’t that I was so against it; it was more like I have enough to worry about—I’m worried that it will be one more plate to distract me from trying to get the job done. It may just be the limitations of my brain, but it was the most I could handle.

Old 07-11-2011, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member

An international trailer for Tintin

http://collider.com/adventures-of-ti...railer/101584/

Much excitement, can't wait.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Tight! I'm excited to see the 3D films still comin! Hopefully they will be good, solid films that get the public back on board wit 3D
Old 07-12-2011, 10:22 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 39
2D movies are outselling 3D movies by a good margin now and that's a sad commentary on the industry. Conversions and higher box office costs are killing 3D. 3D will probably survive as an added margin of profit to 2D, and thus be reserved for huge blockbusters like Avatar, Star Wars, etc, and conversions. So instead of seeing more native and less conversions, you'll see more conversions because they are cheaper to produce. The killer was Pirates OTC. Too dark even though shot native, and people didn't claw to see it--only 46% saw it in 3D first two weeks. Don't get me wrong, I want it to succeed, and I own a 3D projector with a 144" screen, but I'm watching more and more 2D now.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:47 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by threed123 View Post

2D movies are outselling 3D movies by a good margin now and that's a sad commentary on the industry. Conversions and higher box office costs are killing 3D. 3D will probably survive as an added margin of profit to 2D, and thus be reserved for huge blockbusters like Avatar, Star Wars, etc, and conversions. So instead of seeing more native and less conversions, you'll see more conversions because they are cheaper to produce. The killer was Pirates OTC. Too dark even though shot native, and people didn't claw to see it--only 46% saw it in 3D first two weeks. Don't get me wrong, I want it to succeed, and I own a 3D projector with a 144" screen, but I'm watching more and more 2D now.

It couldn't be the three bucks they charge you for the glasses everytime you see one.

mark
Old 07-12-2011, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Old 07-13-2011, 07:22 PM
AVS Special Member

"Nurse 3D"

Source w/ NSFW concept art: http://collider.com/paz-de-la-huerta...pt-art/102247/
Old 07-15-2011, 05:31 PM
AVS Special Member

DOROTHY OF OZ - 2012
Quote:
DOROTHY OF OZ is an animated feature film based on the adventure books by Roger Stanton Baum, the great-grandson of L. Frank Baum. The Roger Stanton Baum books are a continuation of one of the world’s most popular and beloved fairy tales, “The Wonderful Wizard of Oz” by L. Frank Baum. Produced with state-of-the-art computer graphics and the latest 3-D stereoscopic techniques for animation, DOROTHY OF OZ, the latest chapter in the Oz legacy, will be entertaining to a whole new generation of fans!

In DOROTHY OF OZ, Dorothy returns to Kansas to find it devastated by the tornado that had whisked her away to Oz. The home to which she has been so desperate to return was severely damaged, and the townspeople are packing and moving out. But shortly after arriving in Kansas, Dorothy is magically transported back to Oz.

She finds out that Oz is in trouble, and the people there need her help. Dorothy’s old friends – the Scarecrow, Tin Man and the formerly Cowardly Lion – have disappeared and Oz is in a state of decay. As Dorothy journeys to find her friends, she encounters a number of new companions and problems including a man made of marshmallows who can’t think for himself, a china doll princess whose bossiness is a cover for her fragility, and a tugboat with as many personalities as he has pieces. Dorothy must help this odd group band together against a new villain – a wicked Jester who thinks all of Oz should be under his control.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Old 07-19-2011, 11:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Here's how things have looked since Green Lantern:

Old 07-21-2011, 03:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Old 07-21-2011, 03:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Release date has changed from 12/2012 to 6/14/2013
Old 07-21-2011, 03:46 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 44
Dirty Dancing 2012 (3D)

Quote:

Producer Robbie Long announced that the title of the movie will be "Dirty Dancing 2012 (3D)". They are hoping to have a 2012 summer release date, which means they need to hurry up with production. On Bieber Long said that "he is a natural choice for the role. We were looking for a modern-day individual who has a deep understanding of love and romance. Listening to his songs, he exudes a natural empathy towards feminine sensitivity."

http://www.hdguru3d.com/index.php?op...news&Itemid=59
Old 07-21-2011, 05:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Ridley Scott: "I'll never work without 3D again"

http://news.yahoo.com/ridley-scott-i...232519070.html
Old 07-21-2011, 07:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Look at all those negative user comments in that Yahoo article. It's a shame so many people are ignorant.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Probably hard to keep up, but John Carter is 2D-3D, obviously.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Dredd is now scheduled up to 9/21/2012
Old 07-22-2011, 08:02 AM
Advanced Member

What is dredd?
Old 07-22-2011, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmathers View Post

What is dredd?

The remake of Judge Dredd
Old 07-22-2011, 11:02 AM
Advanced Member

O ok. In 3d? I'm wit that!
Old 07-22-2011, 10:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Adam of Collider likes what he saw, and Peter Jackson could direct a sequel if the movie's successful.
Quote:

While I was previously a bit hesitant to accept Tintin with open arms, fearing an uncomfortable ride into the uncanny valley, the footage today has me wildly anticipating the full film. The 3D works very well with the animation (much like Avatar), and the sense of adventure and tension was palpable. It’s outstanding stuff, and Spielberg and Jackson is a dream-team collaboration.

When asked about his camera work, Spielberg said that he was able to film a lot handheld, pulled off some footage that looks like steadicam. He was using new tools to tell the story. Speaking specifically about performance capture, he said it’s not a medium that’s right for every film, but it was right for this film. What’s more, he confirmed that a Jackson-directed sequel is planned and hinges on the success of this first film saying, “If you decide it’s worth seeing, then Peter gets to make the next one.”

Spielberg's thoughts on 3D:
Quote:

“I’m certainly hoping that 3D gets to the point where people do not notice it because once they stop noticing it it just becomes another tool and an aid to help tell a story. Then maybe they can make the ticket prices comparable to a 2D movie and not charge such exorbitant prices just to gain entry into a 3D one, with the exception of IMAX, where we are getting a premium experience in a premium environment, but to show a 3D movie in a similar theater in a multiplex next to another similar theater showing a 2D movie hoping someday there will be so many 3D movies that the point of purchase prices can come down which I think would be fair to the consumer.

Not every movie, in my opinion, should be in 3D. There’s a lot of stories I wouldn’t shoot in 3D. But, you know, there are movies that are perfect in 3D. I think the last great 3D movie I saw that really enhanced the experience for me, you’ll have to excuse me for mentioned a film I co-produced, it was the last Transformers which I think is the most amazing 3D experience I’ve seen since Avatar. But, 3D needs a trained eye. It can’t be done by everybody. People who just do 3D just for the sake of commercializing their movie another five or six percent and they don’t know really how to do it, they should care how to do it better by bringing other directors and collaborators into their lives to help teach and instruct how you really make a 3D movie because it’s not just like putting a new lens on a camera and forgetting it. It takes a lot of very careful consideration. It will change your approach to where you put the cameras. So, 3D isn’t for everybody.”

The writer also says he'll be posting excerpts of Peter Jackson on 3D too.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

While I still think the teaser looks a little too dour, the 3D really makes the POV sequence at the end work much better.

Quote:

I’m finally interested in this movie. The 3D could seriously work for this film. If it’s projected correctly in regards to brightness, it could be an awesome looking film. The shots from the sky are incredible as we can see from the top of skyscrapers all the way down to the street. More importantly, Marc Webb has answered the question about how The Amazing Spider-Man will stand on its own and apart from Sam Raimi’s universe. I don’t know if it will all come together, but it certainly has the potential to take the franchise in an interesting new direction.

http://collider.com/amazing-spider-m...ic-con/100257/
Old 07-22-2011, 10:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The focus of the footage was the action and gore, but the 3D is incredibly annoying. It singles out the CG effects making everything look overtly fake. The action seems fine, with Beckinsale wielding a switchblade and slashing throats left and right. And yet again, everything is super blue.

When asked about the 3D, Marlind said they came into the film not planning to do 3D, but when they made the decision to do 3D they settled on doing it right. He said it affected everything in the filmmaking process, as they framed every shot thinking about 3D.

http://collider.com/underworld-4-awa...ic-con/104370/
Old 07-22-2011, 10:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Peter Jackson: “The audiences have now come to realize that there are bad movies that can be in 3D as well and on top of that you being charged an extra $5 to see a movie that was as bad as one you saw in 2D. [The increased ticket prices] are starting to backfire a little bit.”

http://screenrant.com/steven-spielbe...-mikee-125010/

^ includes video
Old 07-23-2011, 12:37 AM

Liked: 10
Amazing Spider-Man Trailer In HD - REDUSER

Quote:

There is a lot more to be excited about, but most of it will have to wait until more official trailers come out. The POV in this is not Epic. We shot RC 5:1 on 90% of the movie. It's good to see the first Epic movie start making it's way through the post pipeline. John Schwartzman and Peter Collister shot some beautiful material.

MarketSaw - Ridley Scott Will NEVER Work Without 3D Again!! Video Added!
Old 07-24-2011, 04:08 AM

Liked: 10
I can't wait until August 5th,Rise of the Planet of the Apes will start in theatres nation wide.

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , Finding Nemo Three Disc Collectors Edition Blu Ray Dvd In Blu Ray Packaging , Silent House Blu Ray , Monsters Inc Blu Ray , Alice In Wonderland Blu Ray , How To Train Your Dragon Two Disc Blu Ray 3d Dvd Combo , Clash Of The Titans Blu Ray , Shrek Forever After Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , Toy Story 3 Blu Ray , Avatar Three Disc Extended Collectors Edition Bd Live Blu Ray , Thor Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy
Gear in this thread - Monsters by PriceGrabber.com