The Official AVS 3D Console Games Topic! - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 955 Old 02-24-2011, 02:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I can't wait for Motorstorm Apocolypse 3D for the PS3. The trailer and youtube gameplay demos look awesome. I think it comes out April 10, 2011 in the US.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 955 Old 02-25-2011, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebat68 View Post

There is an indie game on XBOX Live that you can download called 3D Infinity that will blow your mind. It shows what 3D is really all about. There is also Invincible Tiger that you can download from Live.

Damn! That Infinity 3D game is unbelievable!! I had to dig out your post just so I could come back & thank you. My wife & I were playing it last evening and we couldn't let it go. She kept asking me to get more games like that & it broke my heart to tell her there aren't any.

Thanks man! I think anyone with an XBOX 360 & a 3D TV needs to get that game.

7.1: Polk RTi12 Fronts, RTi8 Surrounds, Monitor70 Surround Backs, CSi A6 Center + Outlaw LFM-1 EX Subwoofer.
Yamaha RX-A2000 AVR
Epson 5010 3D Projector
Intel Sandy Bridge 3D HTPC / Blu-ray Player
post #453 of 955 Old 02-25-2011, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey79 View Post

Damn! That Infinity 3D game is unbelievable!! I had to dig out your post just so I could come back & thank you. My wife & I were playing it last evening and we couldn't let it go. She kept asking me to get more games like that & it broke my heart to tell her there aren't any.

Thanks man! I think anyone with an XBOX 360 & a 3D TV needs to get that game.

No problem, glad you enjoyed it. I wish all the 3D games and movies were more like that. I am getting tired of "depth", I want 3D.
post #454 of 955 Old 02-25-2011, 01:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
Will have to get that game. Thanks for the heads up!
post #455 of 955 Old 03-01-2011, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

No problem, glad you enjoyed it. I wish all the 3D games and movies were more like that. I am getting tired of "depth", I want 3D.

Right On! It's sad but even some of the newer 3D Movies have integrated "Depth" as opposed to "Pop Out". Resident Evil Afterlife & Saw Final Chapter being classic examples. There was no more then 2 seconds of pop out in either of the 2 films. The rest was 100% depth.

I picked up Avatar The Game for XBOX 360, haven't played it yet. I'm curious about some of the new PS3 games coming out ... like MotorStorm & Killzone and what kind of 3D experience they are shelving out. I don't have a PS3 but I'm contemplating getting one considering the 3D titles that are coming out exclusive to PS3. The 360 is lacking behind in that arena.

7.1: Polk RTi12 Fronts, RTi8 Surrounds, Monitor70 Surround Backs, CSi A6 Center + Outlaw LFM-1 EX Subwoofer.
Yamaha RX-A2000 AVR
Epson 5010 3D Projector
post #456 of 955 Old 03-01-2011, 12:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:

Depth IS 3D. Whether it occurs in positive parallax or negative parallax (beyond or before the screen), all that matters for a healthy 3D experience is, are the objects distanced from the viewer in a believable way. You also have to realize that if something comes out of the screen but is being partially cropped by one of the edges of the screen, it's not going to look pleasing. A lot of popout that occurs in movies has to be small objects like swords and guns (Pirates of the Caribbean 4) and ninja stars (Resident Evil) and flying bottle caps (Green Hornet), because these all fit inside the frame. The frame is like a portal that separates the real world from the TV one. If they touch the edges of the portal they risk ripping the illusion, so they just have to find small objects to float through the portal and then pull them back and off screen. That or they can make the Ninja stars fly off screen through the portal so fast that you don't notice the glitch, which would probably be what that 360 game does with everything coming at you so fast you don't notice the problems on the edge of the screen.
post #457 of 955 Old 03-01-2011, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member

I actually really enjoy the depth that goes into the screen. The objects that come out are fun also, but I get more immersed with the inward depth. It's like you can see miles into the screen. That's why I sit way closer to the screen in 3d versus 2d because your eyes aren't focusing at the screen, but more so further back into it.
post #458 of 955 Old 03-02-2011, 09:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefoo View Post

Depth IS 3D. Whether it occurs in positive parallax or negative parallax (beyond or before the screen), all that matters for a healthy 3D experience is, are the objects distanced from the viewer in a believable way. You also have to realize that if something comes out of the screen but is being partially cropped by one of the edges of the screen, it's not going to look pleasing. A lot of popout that occurs in movies has to be small objects like swords and guns (Pirates of the Caribbean 4) and ninja stars (Resident Evil) and flying bottle caps (Green Hornet), because these all fit inside the frame. The frame is like a portal that separates the real world from the TV one. If they touch the edges of the portal they risk ripping the illusion, so they just have to find small objects to float through the portal and then pull them back and off screen. That or they can make the Ninja stars fly off screen through the portal so fast that you don't notice the glitch, which would probably be what that 360 game does with everything coming at you so fast you don't notice the problems on the edge of the screen.

Don't get me wrong - I like the inward depth myself just as johnsmith808 pointed out; that first scene in Avatar where they are in the capsules in this huge Space Ship ... it goes inward for miles and it was one of the most captivating 3D visuals in recent times! And you're probably quite right from a technical standpoint; about the problems of the edges.

But I still do think that when you're inviting an Audience to watch a 3D Flick; advertising heavily the 3D nature of the visual - there should be more pop-out. I can't say that I enjoy the inward depth "more" then the outward pop-out. I can definitely acknowledge the technical aspect of it; and that every second of the film cannot have something pop out ... however, I think my complain stems from the fact that for a 1 & half hour feature film like Resident Evil Afterlife, I only recollect 1 instance of pop out ... the big humongous Axe that the big humongous guy threw at the girls which came out of the screen. I just wish they had more of that - for 1 & Half Hours of 3D visuals ... I wish they had quite a bit more of that. Same thing was with Saw Final Chapter. One or Two instances of shrapnel/glass popping out.

But I will give you credit; you are correct from a technical standpoint.

I do hope they make more games like Infinity 3D. I can't imagine an FPS like COD looking like that because they are 2 different format games ... but I think they can capitalize on the technology ( and methodology that Infinity 3D used) to create more such fun arcade games in 3D.

Yamaha RX-A2000 AVR
Epson 5010 3D Projector
post #459 of 955 Old 03-02-2011, 11:22 AM

I'm thinking of picking up Killzone 3 (PS3). What do you guys think of it overall? 3D over 2D, multilayer, and how adaptable is it to be able to get used to?
post #460 of 955 Old 03-02-2011, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decrypticshadow View Post

I'm thinking of picking up Killzone 3 (PS3). What do you guys think of it overall? 3D over 2D, multilayer, and how adaptable is it to be able to get used to?

2D is great..... but 3D on my c7000 plasma is riddled with crosstalk. Its almost double vision in some parts. I have to turn the view point to -5 just to get the least amount of crosstalk.
post #461 of 955 Old 03-06-2011, 09:33 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I can't get 3D to play on the Ps3 for movies or games. I have the lastest update. 3D HDTV. Connected with a 1.4 cable. In the game settings it says "no 3D tv detected". My HDTV signal is 1080i. Do you need 1080p for 3d? In game system says connection display at 480p SD. Movie display says 1080p/24.

Thks for any help
post #462 of 955 Old 03-06-2011, 09:43 PM
AVS Special Member

I just posted this elsewhere:

I had a similar problem. What worked for me (besides the system updates) is to go into the display options in the ps3 menus. When choosing screen resolution choose auto. The ps3 then should have an option to set screen size for 3d. If you manually try to set resolution, it won't have the screen size option, thus not setting up 3d. I had this problem when I was trying to select a certain resolution. Took me a while to finally select auto and it worked. Hope this helps. I have an old ps3 20 gig.

I just edited this post. I cut and pasted my post from another thread and it came out wacked!
post #463 of 955 Old 03-06-2011, 11:17 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thank you very much it worked. The 3D movie is awesome!!!!!
post #464 of 955 Old 03-07-2011, 04:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Glad it worked!
post #465 of 955 Old 03-07-2011, 07:32 PM

anyone lose 3d for black ops on ps3? after the last updates it doesnt seem to work anymore

edit: nvm
post #466 of 955 Old 03-08-2011, 01:10 PM

Quote:

I do have this and on playstation3 and the 3D is awesome I do NOT get any crosstalk but I am viewing it on A Sony HX 55" 3D LCD with 3D settings on "auto" using Sony 3D glasses. The only 3D issue is if you tilt your head to far the 3D effect will go away but as far as cross talk I don't see any and have played killzone3 for hours in 3D....just way COOL!!

The female is the most complicated thing on the planet
post #467 of 955 Old 03-08-2011, 01:13 PM

Has anyone seen A clip or had the opportunity to play Crysis 2 in 3D?? There is A lot of talk about this game and the Graphics are suppose to be top notch, so I would hope the 3D would also be right up there too. It should be released on march 22 2011 from what I read.

The female is the most complicated thing on the planet
post #468 of 955 Old 03-11-2011, 03:27 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm wondering if anyone here has played the XBOX 360 "Avatar: The Game" on a Samsung PNxxC8000. Inside the 3D options for the game ... I get 5 options, Checkerboard, Sensio, RealD, Interlaced & Side-By-Side.

On my Samsung PN63C8000, both RealD & Side-By-Side work and work well! But I'm wondering which one is better - which one I'm supposed to use. I tried running around in both options and while sometimes the better 3D & less Ghosting/Crosstalk appeared with the RealD option; other times it was Side-By-Side. I just can't seem to figure out which one is better.

They may be the same with on difference; I don't know. BUt I'm just wondering what most of you guys are using. RealD or Side-By-Side?

Yamaha RX-A2000 AVR
Epson 5010 3D Projector
post #469 of 955 Old 03-11-2011, 04:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzo7883 View Post

Has anyone seen A clip or had the opportunity to play Crysis 2 in 3D?? There is A lot of talk about this game and the Graphics are suppose to be top notch, so I would hope the 3D would also be right up there too. It should be released on march 22 2011 from what I read.

I briefly tried the 360 multiplayer demo and was really disappointed. Hopefully the single player campaign will look better but the visuals in MP were very bland and simple and really didn't make use of 3D at all. Again, it could be that the visuals were simplified for the MP but the demo has convinced me not to blind buy the game until I can try the single player campaign (on a console at least).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey79 View Post

I'm wondering if anyone here has played the XBOX 360 "Avatar: The Game" on a Samsung PNxxC8000. Inside the 3D options for the game ... I get 5 options, Checkerboard, Sensio, RealD, Interlaced & Side-By-Side.

On my Samsung PN63C8000, both RealD & Side-By-Side work and work well! But I'm wondering which one is better - which one I'm supposed to use. I tried running around in both options and while sometimes the better 3D & less Ghosting/Crosstalk appeared with the RealD option; other times it was Side-By-Side. I just can't seem to figure out which one is better.

They may be the same with on difference; I don't know. BUt I'm just wondering what most of you guys are using. RealD or Side-By-Side?

I have the Avatar game (360 version) and the same TV as you; I ended up using side-by-side as I found that gave me the most consistent 3D effect from level to level. Closeups of characters in the in-game cinemas have some visible ghosting to them but the game itself looked fine and I'd gotten about 1/3 of the way thru it before getting sidetracked to other stuff. Its been a while since I played the game but I don't recall RealD giving me any 3D effect at all; going to have to revisit that at some point.

My only real complaint with the game is that the health bars and map are not removable from the main game screen; an option to make them translucent would have been nice.
post #470 of 955 Old 03-12-2011, 05:23 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:

Game is excellent in 2d and 3d. Even better using the new "Move" controller.

Sets new standards for "first person shooting" games on a console. Almost equate to a mouse and a keypad for us PC users.
post #471 of 955 Old 03-12-2011, 05:30 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:

I can't wait for Motorstorm Apocolypse 3D for the PS3. The trailer and youtube gameplay demos look awesome. I think it comes out April 10, 2011 in the US.

+1 and Crysis 2 will rule on the PS3 and PC in 3D.
post #472 of 955 Old 03-14-2011, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDP View Post

I have the Avatar game (360 version) and the same TV as you; I ended up using side-by-side as I found that gave me the most consistent 3D effect from level to level. Closeups of characters in the in-game cinemas have some visible ghosting to them but the game itself looked fine and I'd gotten about 1/3 of the way thru it before getting sidetracked to other stuff. Its been a while since I played the game but I don't recall RealD giving me any 3D effect at all; going to have to revisit that at some point.

My only real complaint with the game is that the health bars and map are not removable from the main game screen; an option to make them translucent would have been nice.

I ended up choosing Side-By-Side myself; Crosstalk & Ghosting seems to appear less in SBS then RealD. Also, the 3D has a little more "pop-out" using SBS in my opinion.

There is still visible Ghosting & Crosstalk; especially in cut-scenes. Sometimes it's quite visible in gameplay; sometimes not so much. Not sure what causes it to aggravate at certain visuals & not so much on others.

And I'm completely agree with you about the health bars & maps; they are a major hinderance especially to the 3D aspect.

Thanks.

Yamaha RX-A2000 AVR
Epson 5010 3D Projector
post #473 of 955 Old 03-15-2011, 01:21 PM

Enjoying Killzone 3 on the PS3 ... takes a bit to get used to 3D, but then it's fine.

Just got Top Spin 4 in today ... 3D will definitely take some getting used to. Not sure yet if it enhances game play - as the most noticeable effect is the "scoreboard" siting on the top of the screen. Gameplay is good.
post #474 of 955 Old 03-17-2011, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazza View Post

Just got Top Spin 4 in today ... 3D will definitely take some getting used to. Not sure yet if it enhances game play - as the most noticeable effect is the "scoreboard" siting on the top of the screen. Gameplay is good.

I just played Top Spin 4 on 360 and enjoyed it. 3D isn't really necessary though. I mean, it doesn't hurt to have it on and looks better on replays but on actual gameplay, 3D doesn't enhance anything. Still appreciating the developers for putting it in there.

Really enjoying the game so far. Especially doubles play. I had some 53 volley point once and that was crazy. Much better than Top Spin 3.
post #475 of 955 Old 03-17-2011, 08:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by shazza View Post

Enjoying Killzone 3 on the PS3 ... takes a bit to get used to 3D, but then it's fine.

Where did you get top spin 4? I don't have ant 3d games yet and am anxious to try one. Is it a downloadable game?
post #476 of 955 Old 03-17-2011, 08:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmathers View Post

Where did you get top spin 4? I don't have ant 3d games yet and am anxious to try one. Is it a downloadable game?

I'm not sure if you can download it, but it's a full game that is likely available at most retailers that sell games.

http://www.amazon.com/Top-Spin-4-Pla...0371400&sr=8-1

PSN - Mr_Frisch
XBL - Mr Frisch
Steam - Sneaky Pete
post #477 of 955 Old 03-17-2011, 08:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjb16 View Post

I'm not sure if you can download it, but it's a full game that is likely available at most retailers that sell games.

http://www.amazon.com/Top-Spin-4-Pla...0371400&sr=8-1

Ok great. Thanks!
post #478 of 955 Old 03-17-2011, 10:28 AM

After a couple more days with Top Spin 4, I'm really enjoying the game. As said above, 3D doesn't do anything really for the gameplay, but it's fine once you get used to it. I have a Sony setup, so just have to make sure I don't move my head a lot.

I've played all the other Top Spin and Virtua Tennis games - TS4 is definitely worth it if you are a tennis fan - game play is very realistic. Gotta try some doubles - have been concentrating on taking my career player up the ladder.
post #479 of 955 Old 03-17-2011, 01:10 PM
AVS Special Member

I haven't really played tennis games since the original Virtual Tennis on the Sega Dreamcast. I will give Top Spin 4 a try. Thanks for the review!
post #480 of 955 Old 04-01-2011, 08:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I don't have it yet, but I guess Dynasty Warriors 7 (at least on PS3) is a 3D game.

PSN - Mr_Frisch
XBL - Mr Frisch
Steam - Sneaky Pete
Reply 3D Content

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , Playstation 3 160gb System , Microsoft Xbox , Xbox 360 250gb Console With Kinect
Gear in this thread - 160gb by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page