post #752 of 955 Old 02-22-2012, 09:29 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDP View Post

On my setup I was able to get thru the entire first chapter without recalibrating once. Accuracy seemed solid and consistent throughout the level and my biggest issue was my arm cramping up a bit because of the shape of the move controller; hopefully a gun shell will remedy that somewhat.

Awesome... unfortunately my fat PS3 bit the bullet and I had the YLOD when I tried to start up today. I didn't back up my HDD recently so all my data is lost. Going to get a slim tomorrow but pissed I am losing SACD playback.

Bit by the upgrade bug, limited by the WAF
post #753 of 955 Old 02-23-2012, 04:57 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just played Child of Eden on PS3 yesterday in 3D with Move.........Ridiculously AWESOME....I can't even begin to explain what it is like to play that game on a 120' screen in 3D. I actually forgot where I was and with surround sound it just is a feast for the senses. I can't imagine what this game would have been like in my college days when I was....nevermind. Game is really cool.
post #754 of 955 Old 02-23-2012, 02:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by jddcp View Post

Just played Child of Eden on PS3 yesterday in 3D with Move.........Ridiculously AWESOME....I can't even begin to explain what it is like to play that game on a 120' screen in 3D. I actually forgot where I was and with surround sound it just is a feast for the senses. I can't imagine what this game would have been like in my college days when I was....nevermind. Game is really cool.

Thanks for the heads up! I'm definition going to check this out tonight. Oh wait - is there a demo available?
post #755 of 955 Old 02-23-2012, 03:04 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingdvd View Post

Thanks for the heads up! I'm definition going to check this out tonight. Oh wait - is there a demo available?

I may have to check that out. I was looking to see if any additional visualizations (music) were available or in the pipeline for the PS3, and I came across Pixeljunk 4AM, which will be some sort of music creation game utilizing Move, and then found Auditorium HD, which is a music/light puzzler in 3D with Move support. I was planning on getting that tonight to see how it is.

EDIT: Tried Auditorium HD, wasn't too impressed. Each puzzle takes about 10-15 seconds, and there's no flow between puzzles. The music doesn't keep building or getting more intricate. There also isn't all that much going on visually, so although the 3D effect is there, it's rather static...

Enjoying BF4 on the PS4, bugs and all.
post #756 of 955 Old 02-23-2012, 06:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 45
I had Child of Eden for the PS3 a while ago; visually it was a great game with some really nice stereoscopic 3D but the difficulty was pretty steep and unforgiving. When you died you were brought back all the way to the start of the level so unless you're really into shooters you may get a little frustrated with it. I also found the storyline, cinemas and some of the music to be on the corny side but that's more personal preference.
post #757 of 955 Old 02-24-2012, 08:33 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
I was extremely excited to try out the new SSX game and looking forward to seeing it in 3D.

Sadly, the demo does not support 3D. In a way, I feel this could have pushed me in to the buy category had it been done well in the demo.

Oh well, now I'll just wait for a significant pricedrop and feedback from others.
post #758 of 955 Old 02-24-2012, 10:56 AM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billbofet View Post

I was extremely excited to try out the new SSX game and looking forward to seeing it in 3D.

Sadly, the demo does not support 3D. In a way, I feel this could have pushed me in to the buy category had it been done well in the demo.

Oh well, now I'll just wait for a significant pricedrop and feedback from others.

As a big SSX fan, I really wanted it to be in 3D too. I don't think it was ever confirmed that the full retail game will support 3D though--just a rumor. EA certainly hasn't advertised for it in any of their feature sets, so I doubt it will be.
post #759 of 955 Old 02-24-2012, 11:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange11 View Post

As a big SSX fan, I really wanted it to be in 3D too. I don't think it was ever confirmed that the full retail game will support 3D though--just a rumor. EA certainly hasn't advertised for it in any of their feature sets, so I doubt it will be.

They confirmed in early February that the game will support stereoscopic on the PS3. I'm just sad it wasn't implemented in the demo. I think it's going to be amazing!!!
post #760 of 955 Old 02-24-2012, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billbofet View Post

They confirmed in early February that the game will support stereoscopic on the PS3. I'm just sad it wasn't implemented in the demo. I think it's going to be amazing!!!

February 2011 or 2012? All I've seen is a couple of articles from a year ago. My guess is that 3D didn't make it into the final game or else we would have heard more about it. Hope I'm wrong though.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...will-be-in-3d/
http://www.nowgamer.com/features/921...interview.html
post #761 of 955 Old 02-26-2012, 09:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange11 View Post

February 2011 or 2012? All I've seen is a couple of articles from a year ago. My guess is that 3D didn't make it into the final game or else we would have heard more about it. Hope I'm wrong though.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...will-be-in-3d/
http://www.nowgamer.com/features/921...interview.html

You're probably right. I was excited since I saw the announcement was in February, but probably missed the fact that it was 2011.

What a bummer. This game would be insane in 3D.
post #762 of 955 Old 02-26-2012, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jddcp View Post

Your post caused me to search for a few reviews of COE on the internet. The 3D sounds fantastic. For 19.99 at Futureshop or online I think I'm definitely picking this one up this week.
post #763 of 955 Old 02-26-2012, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectdark View Post

How can you put avatar (which does have good 3D) above Killzone 3, Motorstorm Apocalypse or Ucharted 3
Especially Uncharted 3 which IS the best 3D game to date period

I agree that UC3 is a "better" 3D game overall than Avatar. But the 3D in Avatar is still the best I've seen (too bad the game itself is not). Unfortunately you have to play the game for a while to really appreciate the 3D since it gets better as the game goes on. It's the only game I've played where I keep pausing the game just to appreciate the 3D.
post #764 of 955 Old 02-27-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny905 View Post

I agree that UC3 is a "better" 3D game overall than Avatar. But the 3D in Avatar is still the best I've seen (too bad the game itself is not). Unfortunately you have to play the game for a while to really appreciate the 3D since it gets better as the game goes on. It's the only game I've played where I keep pausing the game just to appreciate the 3D.

100% agree. Avatar the Game has the best 3d I have seen in any game, period. This includes Uncharted 3 and all the others I own which is most/all of the games released in 3d.
post #765 of 955 Old 02-28-2012, 07:44 PM
AVS Special Member

I was all fired up to check our Child of Eden tonight, but couldn't find it in the PS3 store. First I was looking for it as a demo, but didn't see it? Is it not available? Then I was looking in the PS3 Store for a way to purchase and play the full game, but couldn't find it in there either. Are these things not available in there? Or if they are, can someone tell me where to go specifically to find them?

Also is this game any good without the Move controller? I'm mainly looking for the cool 3D experience you guys are talking about... Thanks!
post #766 of 955 Old 02-28-2012, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco240 View Post

100% agree. Avatar the Game has the best 3d I have seen in any game, period. This includes Uncharted 3 and all the others I own which is most/all of the games released in 3d.

I also agree about the 3D, I just wish the actually game was more fun to play.
post #767 of 955 Old 02-28-2012, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingdvd View Post

I was all fired up to check our Child of Eden tonight, but couldn't find it in the PS3 store. First I was looking for it as a demo, but didn't see it? Is it not available? Then I was looking in the PS3 Store for a way to purchase and play the full game, but couldn't find it in there either. Are these things not available in there? Or if they are, can someone tell me where to go specifically to find them?

There's no demo for Child of Eden. I'm not sure if there's a PSN version, but I know there is a blu-ray disc retail version.
post #768 of 955 Old 02-29-2012, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtationx View Post

I also agree about the 3D, I just wish the actually game was more fun to play.

I thought the gameplay was really good. The game just had a great vibe about it that really felt you were on Pandora, accentuated by the tremendous 3d effects. I have been gaming for almost 40 years and think Avatar is one of the most critically under appreciated games I have ever played. Overall, it was just fantastic.
post #769 of 955 Old 02-29-2012, 09:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Is Child of Eden still fun to play without the Move controller? I mainly want the game to experience the great 3D that you guys are talking about, but at the same time I don't want it to be a weak gameplay experience it the Move controller is a huge part of the game. Thanks!
post #770 of 955 Old 02-29-2012, 09:33 AM

Liked: 12
I plyed Avatar over 80 hours as it was my first 3D experience. It was great and I played both sides.
post #771 of 955 Old 02-29-2012, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX1992 View Post

I plyed Avatar over 80 hours as it was my first 3D experience. It was great and I played both sides.

Thanks. I'm going to need to check this out. Is there a demo to give me a taste or do I need to purchase it for that?
post #772 of 955 Old 03-01-2012, 06:08 PM

So I bought Child of Eden last night (19.99 at Future Shop!).

I've played it for about 15-20 min so far.

Verdict: I'm not sure I get it. The 3D is decent, but the gameplay seemed pretty monotonous. And wasn't particularly impressed with the audio. I could have been that it was 1am and I just got home after having a few drinks and didn't have the patience or energy to give it a fair shot.

I'll try again over the weekend and see if it grows on me or not.
post #773 of 955 Old 03-01-2012, 07:39 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny905 View Post

So I bought Child of Eden last night (19.99 at Future Shop!).

I've played it for about 15-20 min so far.

Verdict: I'm not sure I get it. The 3D is decent, but the gameplay seemed pretty monotonous. And wasn't particularly impressed with the audio. I could have been that it was 1am and I just got home after having a few drinks and didn't have the patience or energy to give it a fair shot.

I'll try again over the weekend and see if it grows on me or not.

I got it this week also. Similar feelings about it. I may give it another shot. I tried it after rock climbing, so waving the Move around while my arms were shot from climbing was tiring, and the music was annoying after a while. Disappointed that the intro movie wasn't in 3D, it probably would have looked cool. I got into the gameplay a bit, but didn't feel like playing anymore after about 20 minutes. It was visually better than Auditorium HD, different gameplay though. Are the echochrome games 3D? I'll have to check those out, I remember hearing they were good with Move I think.

Enjoying BF4 on the PS4, bugs and all.
post #774 of 955 Old 03-03-2012, 06:02 PM

Batman Arkham city in 3d is an great experience. Although playing for an extended period of time could cause eye strain.
post #775 of 955 Old 03-03-2012, 09:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symtex View Post

Batman Arkham city in 3d is an great experience. Although playing for an extended period of time could cause eye strain.

I beg to differ. The 3D was too subtle, and used reprojection, a form of 2D-to-3D conversion on par with some of the earliest Hollywood postconversions.

My Videos

A movie with good 3D does not necessarily equal a good 3D movie!

post #776 of 955 Old 03-04-2012, 09:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefoo View Post

I beg to differ. The 3D was too subtle, and used reprojection, a form of 2D-to-3D conversion on par with some of the earliest Hollywood postconversions.

I agree; the reprojection method just doesn't give the same experience as a true stereoscopic game. The sense of depth is very minor, even at the maximum setting, and there is no 3D pop out of the screen at all. I've played several games the use this design (Arkham City, Assassin's Creed Revelations and the Crysis games) and in each case, I always wound up turning the 3D off and playing the game in 2D. Personally, I'd rather have put up with a slight drop in resolution and get a true stereoscopic game than play games that use reprojection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mounta1n View Post

I got it this week also. Similar feelings about it. I may give it another shot. I tried it after rock climbing, so waving the Move around while my arms were shot from climbing was tiring, and the music was annoying after a while. Disappointed that the intro movie wasn't in 3D, it probably would have looked cool. I got into the gameplay a bit, but didn't feel like playing anymore after about 20 minutes. It was visually better than Auditorium HD, different gameplay though. Are the echochrome games 3D? I'll have to check those out, I remember hearing they were good with Move I think.

I had the same experience; the 3D is actually pretty good (true stereoscopic) but the music, difficulty level and oddball story and cinemas with the girl are all off-putting. I also tried the game with a standard controller and it was simply too slow and not accurate enough to make any meaningful progress. I ended up selling the game back after a few weeks as it just didn't hold my interest.
post #777 of 955 Old 03-04-2012, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symtex View Post

I had the exact opposite experience (on my PS3).

At first I was impressed at the resolution and the fact that there was absolutely zero crosstalk. But then I started to realize that maybe that was because the 3D effect was so subtle.

The game is great. One of my favorites of all-time for the PS3. But there was a huge missed opportunity to maximize the 3D effect.

There were numerous parts of the game that would have been absolutely incredible if the 3D was more noticeable. Even just gliding/flying over the city could have been so much more immersive if the 3D effect was stronger.

Like I said, I loved the game. Just wish the 3D added more to the experience.
post #778 of 955 Old 03-04-2012, 09:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 307
SSX was a BIG missed opportunity to utilize 3D. Still great from the demo experience though.
post #779 of 955 Old 03-05-2012, 04:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambesolman View Post

SSX was a BIG missed opportunity to utilize 3D. Still great from the demo experience though.

Played the demo and also thought so. Although not sure of the execution since there is a lot of similarly colored areas the 3D may not have worked that well. But for HUD, depth and other effects would've been great.

Bit by the upgrade bug, limited by the WAF
post #780 of 955 Old 03-05-2012, 12:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambesolman View Post

From an interview in April 2011 it looks like they originally planned to support 3D, but I guess those plans got scraped along the way:
Quote:

In the latest issue of PSM3, EA Sports creative director Todd Batty revealed several new tidbits about SSX: Deadly Descents, the newest game in the popular snowboarding series.

Batty did reveal it would be in stereoscopic 3D on the PlayStation 3, which would take advantage of the game's "200+ real world tracks mapped using NASA topography data.".

http://www.strategyinformer.com/news...re-3d-support:

In addition to being disappointed there was no 3D, I was even more disappointed to learn there was no split screen. Not sure if this was scraped due to frame rate / processing concerns or what. Either way I got to vote by not purchasing the game as a result of these let downs.
Reply 3D Content

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , Playstation 3 160gb System , Microsoft Xbox , Xbox 360 250gb Console With Kinect
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page