Comcast 3D topic - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 734 Old 08-20-2010, 09:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm in Rockford Illinois and I don't have ESPN3D till September 29th is what they have told me but I do have the 3d movies listed and the PGA Championship content as well. I'm really pleased with them on this one way to go Comcast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 734 Old 08-20-2010, 09:56 AM

Did anybody else have to change the left/right glasses swap setting to make it look right or am I just backwards?

I only watched a little bit of each last night but that Earth coming out at the beginning of African Adventure blew my mind.
post #93 of 734 Old 08-20-2010, 10:14 AM
Advanced Member

Just Called Comcast here In Illinois ..THEY HAVE NO CLUE UNREAL
post #94 of 734 Old 08-20-2010, 11:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdhart View Post

All of these showed up after midnight for Portland, OR:

SOS Planet 3d
Haunted Castle 3d
African Adventure 3d
Siegfried and Roy: The Magic Box 3d
PGA Championship 3D (8 hours worth!)

That is a step in the right direction for Comcast. There still isn't any content showing up for channel 897 3D Event Channel or 898 ESPN 3D though.

Indeed, have it all here but not that impressed with most of it. I give them credit for getting some content however.

Jason
post #95 of 734 Old 08-20-2010, 07:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajibo View Post

Did anybody else have to change the left/right glasses swap setting to make it look right or am I just backwards?

I only watched a little bit of each last night but that Earth coming out at the beginning of African Adventure blew my mind.

OK; are you saying that the reason the movies didn't look right is because we have to hit "reverse" on the 3D setup?
post #96 of 734 Old 08-21-2010, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmalter0 View Post

OK; are you saying that the reason the movies didn't look right is because we have to hit "reverse" on the 3D setup?

It's called left/right swap on the VT25 but, yeah.
post #97 of 734 Old 08-21-2010, 03:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajibo View Post

It's called left/right swap on the VT25 but, yeah.

Thanks!
post #98 of 734 Old 08-21-2010, 05:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

Thanks!

I still cannot get it here in the D.C. Area. They are listed in the OD 3D listing but an error message keeps coming up that "sufficient resources are not available, please try again in after a brief period". The PGA is still available and the messages are still playing on ch's 980 & 980. Hope it is rollout problems and not my older DCT DVR box.
post #99 of 734 Old 08-21-2010, 05:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post

I still cannot get it here in the D.C. Area. They are listed in the OD 3D listing but an error message keeps coming up that "sufficient resources are not available, please try again in after a brief period". The PGA is still available and the messages are still playing on ch's 980 & 980. Hope it is rollout problems and not my older DCT DVR box.

Try again--it's working in Annapolis.
post #100 of 734 Old 08-21-2010, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Try again--it's working in Annapolis.

Nope! We always lag behind the Baltimore area, usually about a week. I'm going to assume rollout delay and give it to Monday. If not on before, I'll call Comcast ----ugggg! Maybe I'll have to change out my DCT box for one of the new one. It is my understanding I am ok with the DCT DVR. I've been getting the other 3D stuff. That's why I think it is a rollout delay for our area.
post #101 of 734 Old 08-21-2010, 11:59 AM

Well, as promised, the free 3D movies appeared yesterday but in TtB format that is not supported by by Mitsubishi 73838 TV. Aware that comcast was going to broadcast ESPN 3D in TtB format, I ordered the Mitsubishi 3D adapter and installed it between the cable box and the TV. I wired it up as per the instructions and, NOTHING HAPPENED. The adapter turned on and passed the 3D and other TV signals through but did not change them to checkerboard. In fact, the damned 3D mode button seems to have no functionality at all. The instructions that came with the adapter indicate that I Should be selecting the adapter's 3D normal mode. The problem is that the instructions don't advise just how you know if you are in that or any other mode. A call to Mitsubishi did not resolve the problems. I changed the HDMI port on the TV but nothing happened.

Any ideas on how to get this poc to work?
post #102 of 734 Old 08-21-2010, 02:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynful View Post

Well, as promised, the free 3D movies appeared yesterday but in TtB format that is not supported by by Mitsubishi 73838 TV. Aware that comcast was going to broadcast ESPN 3D in TtB format, I ordered the Mitsubishi 3D adapter and installed it between the cable box and the TV. I wired it up as per the instructions and, NOTHING HAPPENED. The adapter turned on and passed the 3D and other TV signals through but did not change them to checkerboard. In fact, the damned 3D mode button seems to have no functionality at all. The instructions that came with the adapter indicate that I Should be selecting the adapter's 3D normal mode. The problem is that the instructions don't advise just how you know if you are in that or any other mode. A call to Mitsubishi did not resolve the problems. I changed the HDMI port on the TV but nothing happened.

Any ideas on how to get this poc to work?

Make sure your cablebox is outputting HD.
post #103 of 734 Old 08-21-2010, 05:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Did you set your Mits TV to 3D mode per the adapter instructions?
What 3D channel are you watching on Comcast?
Did you cycle through the different 3D mode options on your adapter's remote to change the output to Checkeboard.
AFAIK only ESPN-3D programs are in in 720p TnB fomat and all other programs are in 1080i SbS format from Comcast.
What does the image on your TV look like?
post #104 of 734 Old 08-21-2010, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walford View Post

Did you set your Mits TV to 3D mode per the adapter instructions? Yes
What 3D channel are you watching on Comcast? On demand. Free HD movies, of which there are now 4.
Did you cycle through the different 3D mode options on your adapter's remote to change the output to Checkeboard. The adapter did not recognize 3D mode. There was no indication of 3D even when I turned the TV 3D on and off. That light never went on.
AFAIK only ESPN-3D programs are in in 720p TnB fomat and all other programs are in 1080i SbS format from Comcast. These 3D movies were all TtB.
What does the image on your TV look like?

. The screen splits into two identical images, one on top of the other.

In addition, I changed the hdmi from input 1 to input 2. Then I tried input 4 and named it DVD. For whatever reason, the din cable that connects the 3D glasses emitter on the TV to the 3d glasses emitter in on the adapter did not wake up the adapter when the tv was in 3D mode or when the cable box transmitted 3d content.

I am waiting a call back from Mitsubishi support.
post #105 of 734 Old 08-22-2010, 06:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

Indeed, have it all here but not that impressed with most of it. I give them credit for getting some content however.

Jason

After I reversed the image(thanks rajibo), I was super impressed with the two I watched last night. IMAX Africa was GREAT--better than GC. It was a bright as as any 2D--better than the theater Avatar. If you weren't impressed, try watching it on a large Mits
post #106 of 734 Old 08-22-2010, 06:23 AM
Advanced Member

Anyone In Illinois Know when we might see this new content
post #107 of 734 Old 08-22-2010, 07:13 AM

I haven't seen the African Safari yet, but the others listed were pretty lame in my opinion. Siegfried and Roy was really cheasy and Planet OS was pretty boring. Hope they continue to add more quality content.
post #108 of 734 Old 08-22-2010, 07:33 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Flnyful,
Did you try changing the output from the adapter by using the 3D mode button on the adapter's remote to checkerboard since it is apparently outputting Tnb.
post #109 of 734 Old 08-22-2010, 07:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynful View Post

. The screen splits into two identical images, one on top of the other.

In addition, I changed the hdmi from input 1 to input 2. Then I tried input 4 and named it DVD. For whatever reason, the din cable that connects the 3D glasses emitter on the TV to the 3d glasses emitter in on the adapter did not wake up the adapter when the tv was in 3D mode or when the cable box transmitted 3d content.

I am waiting a call back from Mitsubishi support.

Make sure your cablebox is set to 1080; unless the 3D light on the adapter is on, you're not getting 3D from the cablebox. 3D is NASTY--there are so many setting that have to be right.
post #110 of 734 Old 08-22-2010, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt2184 View Post

I haven't seen the African Safari yet, but the others listed were pretty lame in my opinion. Siegfried and Roy was really cheasy and Planet OS was pretty boring. Hope they continue to add more quality content.

BT, I watched the Africa and Siegfried and Roy today. At first, the Siegfried and Roy had reverse depth, but then I changed the swap left right setting on the VT25 as per other posts in this thread. Worked like a champ! What TV are you watching on, is your comment on the filming, or just on the available titles?

Also, I was cool watching the Africa piece with 4 elephants in the family room. Effect was very cool!

I do give credit to comcast for having ANY 3D content on demand! Hopefully they will make a bunch available!

Robotten
post #111 of 734 Old 08-22-2010, 11:46 AM

Thanks Rajibo for the tip, on my t.v. it is not called "reverse" or anything but I figured it out.

For those of you that have a samsung 3d tv and the new content does not look right, try going to menu, then scroll down to 3d click 3d then click picture correction and that would make it look so much better.
post #112 of 734 Old 08-22-2010, 11:48 AM

But still not getting the "comcast event" channel here in atlanta (790), tips anyone?
post #113 of 734 Old 08-22-2010, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotten View Post

BT, I watched the Africa and Siegfried and Roy today. At first, the Siegfried and Roy had reverse depth, but then I changed the swap left right setting on the VT25 as per other posts in this thread. Worked like a champ! What TV are you watching on, is your comment on the filming, or just on the available titles?

Also, I was cool watching the Africa piece with 4 elephants in the family room. Effect was very cool!

I do give credit to comcast for having ANY 3D content on demand! Hopefully they will make a bunch available!

Robotten

I agree its better than nothing and a step in the right direction. I didn't have any problem with the setting on my TV, everything worked like it's supposed to. The Haunted Castle had a good 3D effect, but the show itself was not very interesting, as were the others. Hopefully tonight I will get a chance to watch the African Safari and hopefully that will be better than the other titles.
post #114 of 734 Old 08-22-2010, 01:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by icerat4 View Post

Anyone In Illinois Know when we might see this new content

All of them were available for me as of yesterday.

XBL = jackalopes

PSN = ChitownJackalope

post #115 of 734 Old 08-22-2010, 01:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by melman26 View Post

But still not getting the "comcast event" channel here in atlanta (790), tips anyone?

Try on demand-- "free movies" then "3D" if that doesn't work, move further north.
post #116 of 734 Old 08-22-2010, 02:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt2184 View Post

Gee...I thought the Haunted Castle was cool. Sitting up close it was like a good haunted house ride at an amusement park--not good though if you have a problem with ghosts.
post #117 of 734 Old 08-22-2010, 04:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Anybody getting these with the moto dct 6414 dvr? I can get the preview but when I select "watch movie" it goes to the error message, cannot process your request, try later".
post #118 of 734 Old 08-22-2010, 04:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Anybody getting these with the moto dct 6414 dvr? I can get the preview but when I select "watch movie" it goes to the error message, cannot process your request, try later".

I thought that only the 3400 series is mpeg 4 (3D).
post #119 of 734 Old 08-22-2010, 04:47 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Quote:

Yes. And I had called Comcast to do a specific 3-D "activation" to try to resolve this issue. That was on Friday. I'll try to check it again the next time I'm at home.
post #120 of 734 Old 08-22-2010, 06:40 PM

I figured out my problem with the Mitsubishi adapter and the culprit is comcast. it only took two days of playing around with the adapter. By accident I was playing with the adapter while on a high def channel that was not broadcasting in 3D. Son of a gun, the adapter gave me top and bottom and side by side options. When I went to the on demand channel and loaded the 3D movies (I tried all four) the adapter would not "adapt". In frustration I checked the resolution of the supposedly HD on demand movies and discovered that I was receiving them in 480i. I then tried the PGA 3D on demand replay, which was in high def and the adapter worked.

So, I called comcast and asked if they were aware that these movies were being broadcast, at least here in south Jersey, in 480i. The service rep who I talked to said he would look into the problem and get back to me. Hopefully, the movies will be transmitted in HD.

The user manual that came with the adapter advises that for automatic detection of HDMI 1.4a 3D signals I should use 3D mode Normal. Well, the choices I have are SbS, TtB and 3d off, which I suppose is the normal mode. I guess I will find out soon enough.
Reply 3D Content

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page