http://www.amazon.de/Shock-Labyrinth...ref=pd_sim_d_3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2010, 07:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Why are all of the releases coming out overseas first? I have ordered and received the Grand Canyon 3d bluray ?(love it by the way) and would order these in a hard beat... will they be English versions?
Old 07-27-2010, 07:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 268 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Because Germany has a long legacy of 3d film making and 3d optics (Dolby Cinema System) and they have decided to own the bragging rights of doing the transfers themselves.

Clash has an English track the other Shock Labyrinth is in Japanese.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:10 AM
Advanced Member

Its say bluray not 3DBluray..Maybe i am missing something i did the german translate to english..I got the grand canyon move and the cover is different see the differnce in the pics on amazon de...also will this play in all zone ..Grand canyon has a 0 ON THE FRONT cover clash has a 12 ..Any clue o that...I just want to make sure before i buy like i did the grand canyon ..Thanks in advance
Old 07-27-2010, 08:21 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

that is not zone, that is viewing age.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:22 AM
Advanced Member

FSK Number on the front is age related..ayy ha..i see ..but the cover dosnt look like the other 3dbluray covers ...With the logo for true 3D BLURAY MOVIE...
Old 07-27-2010, 08:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

From Blu-ray.com:

The first day-and-date 3D Blu-ray release in the world will come from an unlikely studio, with an unlikely title - and outside the US. On August 10, the German branch of Warner Home Video is releasing Clash of the Titans in a two-disc edition, with one disc for the 2D version and another for the 3D. There is no information regarding region coding, but WHV doesn't usually region-lock its titles.

In the US, this movie comes out next Tuesday in a 2D-only edition. There is no information regarding a 3D release. In Japan, this movie will be bundled with 3D-compatible Sharp Aquos TVs.

It must be noted that this movie was not shot in native 3D, but rather it was converted at a very late stage. The quality of the upconversion was widely criticized and some 3D proponents went as far as decry it as detrimental for the adoption of the format.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:53 AM

I wasted my time and $'s and went and saw Clash of the Titans in 3-D in the theater. Not only was the movie mediocre, but the 3-D was almost not even noticeable. Very similar to watching a non 3-D movie with the 2D-3D conversion on a Samsung.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Yep and the film still did good at the box office if I remember correctly. I liked the movie itself but the 3D was wierd. I'd like to see it again on 3D BD as I found the image in the theater on the dark side.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

The movie was carried decently by the actors, the cgi were mediocre (too lossy looking to portray reality in a large screen) but once a lover of the original COT the plot and the actors made it watchable.

Yes the shooting gallery duck row effect of the 2-3d conversion was noticeable but still you could look away from the artifacts( double silhouette when a character or the unicorn turned sideways) there was a certain amusement to the overall effect.

Not everyone has a Samsung TV, from what I hear they are not there yet. So for me and my research with digital cinema projectors it makes A LOT OF SENSE since I am trying to recreate OR SURPASS the theater experience due to double the contrast the excellent visual presentation I saw with a Sony Real D double lens system on a compound curved TORUS screen.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syngefinger View Post

I wasted my time and $'s and went and saw Clash of the Titans in 3-D in the theater. Not only was the movie mediocre, but the 3-D was almost not even noticeable. Very similar to watching a non 3-D movie with the 2D-3D conversion on a Samsung.

Wasn't Clash of the Titans filmed in 2D and converted to 3D?
Old 07-27-2010, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjruby View Post

Wasn't Clash of the Titans filmed in 2D and converted to 3D?

Yes, it was a 6 week rush job. which is why only around 10% of the shots are great and the rest aren't so good.

Once you've gone Buttkicker, you can't go back.

Old 07-27-2010, 12:21 PM

Liked: 44
The Shock Labyrinth
Senritsu meikyu (Japan)

Quote:

Billed as the first Japanese film shot in HD 3D, "The Grudge" series helmer Takashi Shimizu's "The Shock Labyrinth" has a lot more schlock than shock. This occasionally campy and not very frightening yarn about a group of kids trapped in a deadly haunted house attraction sports a fairly audacious (though utterly confusing) structure, making for a pop-style J-horror experiment mixing elements of "Final Destination" with the narrative complexities of "Last Year at Marienbad." Less exportable than Shimizu's previous pics, "Labyrinth" will reach a B.O. dead end, though trap doors may open for overseas homevid.

It takes at least an hour to figure out how the dead and buried Yuki (Misako Renbutsu) has come back to life to pursue her former best buddies, and even then it's not clear who's dead or alive, what's past or present, and why a floating bunny rabbit backpack keeps popping up and out of the screen (or why anyone would find that scary). Too caught up in its own shuffled storytelling to evoke the slightest of shivers, the hokey production receives little enhancement from 3D, which looks to be there for marketing purposes only.

http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117...&cs=1&nid=2562