AVS Forum banner

No sound Comcast

3K views 14 replies 3 participants last post by  Ray/Rod 
#1 ·
So the espn channel had a preview of stuff tonight in illinois..uP AND BELOW 3D ..But no SOUND ..Sure its just a loop but wheres the sound comcast ..All other channels have sound except my 3d espn ..What setting am i missing thanks

#5 ·
Well i just contacted comcast and espn....Comcast obvious didnt know ****...Espn will send me a email on what they find out .But he said they didnt here of any reports on it ..TIL Just now....So i just hope i have sound tonight..Or the world will end Lol

#8 ·
So I called the Comcast CMC and they said that they were receiving it from ESPN that way. Then I contacted ESPN and they said they were sending out audio. So I called back the CMC and told them what ESPN told me.

CMC looked into it further and verified they weren't getting the audio. They also verified that the uplink they pull it in from wasn't getting audio from ESPN either.

After some hairpulling and handwringing they discovered ESPN was doing testing with the channel, but will be done by the X-Games tonight.

So yeah, should be cool by 8....

#9 ·
Icerat, how do you reboot the system? What kind of cable box you have? I called Comcast on Monday and they said I needed the new black touch screen cable box for 3D. So I drove about 45 mins in traffic to the Comcast center and tell them what I was told. They look at me like I'm a f****** idiot and say they do not have any in stock. I called Comcast again on Tuesday and ask about 3D and they say my box is compatible. I have a grey HDMI DVR.

#10 ·
If your system is sending the mpeg2 signal you can use your old box, if they are sending the mpeg4 signal you'll need a new one. If you tune to the channel a see a picture, you should be good (Assuming you've been authorized). Everyone here in the East is using the mpeg2 signal. I believe they will switch to mpeg4 when then want to free up bandwidth.

#13 ·
My box i have now new is all black..The guy said i needed an upgraded box to get the correct mpeg sound to work..I am uploading a new box right now so stay tuned here will know in 45 mins if that did the trick...to reboot you unplug and wait 30 seconds then plug power back into the cable box...

O my new box is touch screen on the front neat...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.