No Panasonic Demo disc with my Dmp-Bdt300 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 Old 08-26-2010, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
jtmcalpin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

So I bought the Panasonic 65 inch Vt25 and the Bdt300 3d bluray player, I read on some other threads that people were saying they got the Panasonic 3d demo disc with their player. I did not. I am starving for 3d content and was looking forward to seeing the demos at home. I bought everything from HHgregg and when I went back to the store they said the player does not come with any sort of demo disc.

I posted on a few threads and searched around, but found no details. I wanted to see I could get a better answer here.

Not sure if HHgregg just dosnt include the disc or Panasonic stopped including the disc recently.

Did anyone else who bought their BDT 300 in the past month get the 3d demo disc?? If so where did you buy your player from?

thanks in advance.
jtmcalpin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 20 Old 08-26-2010, 04:20 PM
Newbie
 
bhedrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
300 does not come with the disc. The 350 has the disc
bhedrich is offline  
post #3 of 20 Old 08-26-2010, 04:23 PM
Member
 
chriss2d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtmcalpin View Post

Hello,

So I bought the Panasonic 65 inch Vt25 and the Bdt300 3d bluray player, I read on some other threads that people were saying they got the Panasonic 3d demo disc with their player. I did not. I am starving for 3d content and was looking forward to seeing the demos at home. I bought everything from HHgregg and when I went back to the store they said the player does not come with any sort of demo disc.

I posted on a few threads and searched around, but found no details. I wanted to see I could get a better answer here.

Not sure if HHgregg just dosnt include the disc or Panasonic stopped including the disc recently.

Did anyone else who bought their BDT 300 in the past month get the 3d demo disc?? If so where did you buy your player from?

thanks in advance.

The player box should say right on it that it comes with the demo. I know the ones at Best Buy have a sticker or is printed right on it. The ones I saw had it. A friend bought one and inside there was a spot where the bd case fit inside. Not much help I know hehe.
chriss2d is offline  
post #4 of 20 Old 08-26-2010, 04:24 PM
Member
 
chriss2d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhedrich View Post

300 does not come with the disc. The 350 has the disc

Ah, well there you go.
chriss2d is offline  
post #5 of 20 Old 08-26-2010, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
jtmcalpin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:


300 does not come with the disc. The 350 has the disc

Well that could explain it. I was under the impression they both came with the disc. Not sure why one would come with it and the other wouldnt.

Quote:


The player box should say right on it that it comes with the demo. I know the ones at Best Buy have a sticker or is printed right on it. The ones I saw had it. A friend bought one and inside there was a spot where the bd case fit inside. Not much help I know hehe.

Yeah my box definately does not have a sticker on it or say anywhere that it should come with it. I guess I may be out of luck. I really want a copy of it but I am not willing to pay the crazy prices they are going for on ebay.
jtmcalpin is offline  
post #6 of 20 Old 08-26-2010, 04:58 PM
Senior Member
 
KUJayhawk20659's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: St marys county MD
Posts: 463
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtmcalpin View Post

Well that could explain it. I was under the impression they both came with the disc. Not sure why one would come with it and the other wouldnt.



Yeah my box definately does not have a sticker on it or say anywhere that it should come with it. I guess I may be out of luck. I really want a copy of it but I am not willing to pay the crazy prices they are going for on ebay.

Trust me, that disc is not worth $5. Your not missing anything
KUJayhawk20659 is offline  
post #7 of 20 Old 08-26-2010, 05:49 PM
AVS Special Member
 
almostinsane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 4,027
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
The Sony Demo disc is worth $5
almostinsane is offline  
post #8 of 20 Old 08-26-2010, 06:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Nimo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: WLA CA
Posts: 2,403
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhedrich View Post

300 does not come with the disc. The 350 has the disc

My flea bay BDT300 came with the demo disc, I threw away the box but iirc it did have a sticker on it.
Nimo is offline  
post #9 of 20 Old 08-26-2010, 06:28 PM
Senior Member
 
bad1550's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 418
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhedrich View Post

300 does not come with the disc. The 350 has the disc

My BDT-300 came with a demo disc purchased at Best Buy
bad1550 is offline  
post #10 of 20 Old 08-26-2010, 06:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
almostinsane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 4,027
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Well it does say limited time only on the box.
almostinsane is offline  
post #11 of 20 Old 08-27-2010, 06:51 AM
Advanced Member
 
DenisG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 928
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Oh, I hope my Dads doesn't show up with a disk. Then I'll have have to explain to him 10 different ways that he can't watch 3D with his current TV.
DenisG is offline  
post #12 of 20 Old 08-27-2010, 08:51 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
jtmcalpin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:


Oh, I hope my Dads doesn't show up with a disk. Then I'll have have to explain to him 10 different ways that he can't watch 3D with his current TV.

Well if your dads comes with the disk and he does not have a 3d tv I would be willing to buy it from you. Let me know.
jtmcalpin is offline  
post #13 of 20 Old 08-27-2010, 09:36 AM
Advanced Member
 
DenisG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 928
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtmcalpin View Post

Well if your dads comes with the disk and he does not have a 3d tv I would be willing to buy it from you. Let me know.

I don't see that as a problem since he could borrow mine if he dose go with a 3DTV later.
DenisG is offline  
post #14 of 20 Old 08-27-2010, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member
 
PaulGo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North Potomac, MD
Posts: 3,634
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 19
My 300 came wih a demo disk.
PaulGo is offline  
post #15 of 20 Old 08-27-2010, 01:06 PM
Newbie
 
bhedrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimo View Post

My flea bay BDT300 came with the demo disc, I threw away the box but iirc it did have a sticker on it.

The 300 came out first and it came with the disc but when the 350 came out all new production of the 300 removed the disc offer to promote the sales of the 350. You may find some of the early 300 with the disc but most are gone.
bhedrich is offline  
post #16 of 20 Old 08-27-2010, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
jtmcalpin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhedrich View Post

The 300 came out first and it came with the disc but when the 350 came out all new production of the 300 removed the disc offer to promote the sales of the 350. You may find some of the early 300 with the disc but most are gone.

Hmm so has anyone bought a 300 within the past month and did it come with the disc.
jtmcalpin is offline  
post #17 of 20 Old 08-28-2010, 11:13 PM
Senior Member
 
StillwaterTownie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Stillwater, OK
Posts: 393
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad1550 View Post

My BDT-300 came with a demo disc purchased at Best Buy

Mine that I just purchased from Amazon did not. Perhaps because Amazon is selling them for a $100 lower.
StillwaterTownie is offline  
post #18 of 20 Old 08-28-2010, 11:14 PM
Senior Member
 
StillwaterTownie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Stillwater, OK
Posts: 393
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhedrich View Post

300 does not come with the disc. The 350 has the disc

But the 350 has gotten hard to find and may be discontinued.
StillwaterTownie is offline  
post #19 of 20 Old 09-08-2010, 11:19 AM
Senior Member
 
advocate2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vegas, baby
Posts: 391
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got the Demo Disc with my BDT-350. The production quality was great but after watching 3 times I'm putting mine up on the great E. They are still snatching a good price on E*.
advocate2 is offline  
post #20 of 20 Old 10-03-2010, 03:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
PaulGo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North Potomac, MD
Posts: 3,634
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I just got another BDT300 from Best Buy and it had the demo disc. Since I already have one I put it up for sale on E*.
PaulGo is offline  
Reply 3D Content

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off