Alice in Wonderland 3D Blu ray - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 82 Old 10-04-2010, 08:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I watched it this weekend and I thought it was pretty well done. The scenes before she falls into Underland were not so great in 3d, but once she hit Underland the 3d really pops. Most of those scenes were all done via CG. Overall a very good watch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 82 Old 10-04-2010, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Yeah, this movie looks great in 3D after the first 20 minutes.
post #63 of 82 Old 10-04-2010, 10:36 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Doesn't anyone remember there was a news story that came out when Alice was being filmed stating Jim Cameron was bashing Tim Burton for converting this film instead of just filming it in 3D. Love Tim Burton's work but he's a tool for not shooting this in real 3D!
post #64 of 82 Old 10-12-2010, 03:35 PM

I have a copy of the movie if someone wants to buy it from me. PM for details
post #65 of 82 Old 10-12-2010, 04:07 PM

if you guys havent watched the 3d blu-ray on this dont compare the conversion to COTT this is leaps and bounds better than that movie. There are scenes with pop out of the screen type of 3d, unlike COTT or Airbender. I was really impressed by this conversion looks nothing like when it was in the movies........
post #66 of 82 Old 10-12-2010, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUJayhawk20659 View Post

I have a copy of the movie if someone wants to buy it from me. PM for details

How much u looking for it
post #67 of 82 Old 11-17-2010, 07:05 PM
Advanced Member

If anyone wants the USA version of Alice 3D, i'm selling my copy on Ebay.
New, factory sealed. I do not have use for it at this time.
PM me if you want to buy it, or just search for Item number: 230552188209 on Ebay.
post #68 of 82 Old 12-08-2010, 05:21 AM

Got it yesterday and watched it last night and WOOHOO! I love it! There are no bars, it's a great quality transfer, and no ghosting or anything with good pop, great depth. I think this is my fav Blu-Ray 3D thus far!
post #69 of 82 Old 12-08-2010, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurtinpeeps420 View Post

if you guys havent watched the 3d blu-ray on this dont compare the conversion to COTT this is leaps and bounds better than that movie. There are scenes with pop out of the screen type of 3d, unlike COTT or Airbender. I was really impressed by this conversion looks nothing like when it was in the movies........

Blurays are no different than 3D Blurays. They all look ten times better than they did when shown in movie theaters. And as for all the negative 3D conversion nonscene, 3D conversions can look just as great as using 3D cameras. Just like Clash of the Titans and U2's 3D Concert Film.

All the negative talk comes from Jim Cameron who's just pissed off because they didn't use his 3D cameras to make the movie. Therefore he couldn't make any BLING $$$ BLING $$$ out of it.
post #70 of 82 Old 12-08-2010, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexx1 View Post

Blurays are no different than 3D Blurays. They all look ten times better than they did when shown in movie theaters. And as for all the negative 3D conversion nonscene, 3D conversions can look just as great as using 3D cameras. Just like Clash of the Titans and U2's 3D Concert Film.

All the negative talk comes from Jim Cameron who's just pissed off because they didn't use his 3D cameras to make the movie. Therefore he couldn't make any BLING $$$ BLING $$$ out of it.

Very true sadly. Just before Shrek 4 came out in theaters my wife and I went to see some movie (can't remember name) at a Muvico 4K Theater and they must have very recently changed the bulb cause the preview for Shrek 4 was stupid stunning. It was by far the best image I've ever seen anywhere. Bright, pristine and super sharp. I wish it were like that all the time. I saw Predators at a different theater and it was dark n muddy. It's a relief to know it won't be like that on the BD.
post #71 of 82 Old 12-08-2010, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug View Post

Very true sadly. Just before Shrek 4 came out in theaters my wife and I went to see some movie (can't remember name) at a Muvico 4K Theater and they must have very recently changed the bulb cause the preview for Shrek 4 was stupid stunning. It was by far the best image I've ever seen anywhere. Bright, pristine and super sharp. I wish it were like that all the time. I saw Predators at a different theater and it was dark n muddy. It's a relief to know it won't be like that on the BD.

I know exactly how you felt. When I went to see the last Harry Potter film, the film looked dark and muddy. No doubt it was time to change the bulb on the projector but of course no one even cared to bother. It's a shame that people pay top dollar these days to go see a movie and yet they get this type of service. Sometimes it's not even worth going to the movies these days.
post #72 of 82 Old 12-09-2010, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexx1

I know exactly how you felt. When I went to see the last Harry Potter film, the film looked dark and muddy. No doubt it was time to change the bulb on the projector but of course no one even cared to bother. It's a shame that people pay top dollar these days to go see a movie and yet they get this type of service. Sometimes it's not even worth going to the movies these days.
If you're close to a Meijer they have 3D Alice for $34.99 and today you can save another $6 with a "Santa Buck" located at the greeter stands.

Brad
post #73 of 82 Old 12-09-2010, 03:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoz23 View Post

If you're close to a Meijer they have 3D Alice for $34.99 and today you can save another $6 with a "Santa Buck" located at the greeter stands.

Thanks for the heads up on the coupons- (you can print them out on meijer.com)
.... i went to my local Meijer though, and they had ZERO 3D movies
plus their selection sucked ... oh well. thanks for the info though.
post #74 of 82 Old 12-09-2010, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joels1010 View Post

I watched it this weekend and I thought it was pretty well done. The scenes before she falls into Underland were not so great in 3d, but once she hit Underland the 3d really pops. Most of those scenes were all done via CG. Overall a very good watch.

I agree. Wonderland looks fantastic in 3D Bluray.
post #75 of 82 Old 12-09-2010, 10:49 PM

I have the chinese version and am wondering if the US released version is any different. Has anyone here seen both? I was contemplating on getting US version and reselling the chinese one on Ebay if it's a better release.
post #76 of 82 Old 12-10-2010, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magowin View Post

I have the chinese version and am wondering if the US released version is any different. Has anyone here seen both? I was contemplating on getting US version and reselling the chinese one on Ebay if it's a better release.

Just curious, how would they be any different? I assume any Chinese version would be a copy.
post #77 of 82 Old 12-10-2010, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magowin View Post

I don't know if the disc region is the same but I'm sure the disc content is.
If you pop in your chinese version and the first thing you see is a long list of languages with English up on top (first on the list) then you have the same content on the disc and therefore the same quality 3D Bluray disc.

If it's 3D quality your hoping to improve by changing discs then maybe it's the 3D TV your watching it on. I have a Sony Bravia 3D TV and the movie looks fantastic. All my 3D movies look great. Everything from Avatar, Clash of the Titans, Ice Age 3, Christmas Carol, Alice in Wonderland and more. So far no problems with Sony.
post #78 of 82 Old 12-10-2010, 05:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Just got thru watching this and I found it to be a thoroughly enjoyable movie. Tim Burton's sensibilities really seemed to mesh well with the material and even though I usually don't gravitate towards fantasy films like this, I was engaged from start to finish.

In terms of 3D, this movie should really kill any arguments that 2D>3D conversions aren't viable. The sense of depth was excellent throughout and it looked like Burton managed it incrementally, with the strength and frequency of the 3D effects gradually growing as the film progressed. In addition to an excellent sense of depth there were also plenty of great examples of objects appearing to come out of the screen. Ghosting was also all but non-existent as I only notice one or two very very faint double-images.

As for James Cameron's comments, he can kiss my butt. While Burton isn't always the most coherent filmmaker, Alice runs circles around Avatar in terms of sheer entertainment values, likable characters and not beating a message over your head.
post #79 of 82 Old 12-11-2010, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDP View Post

Just got thru watching this and I found it to be a thoroughly enjoyable movie. Tim Burton's sensibilities really seemed to mesh well with the material and even though I usually don't gravitate towards fantasy films like this, I was engaged from start to finish.

In terms of 3D, this movie should really kill any arguments that 2D>3D conversions aren't viable. The sense of depth was excellent throughout and it looked like Burton managed it incrementally, with the strength and frequency of the 3D effects gradually growing as the film progressed. In addition to an excellent sense of depth there were also plenty of great examples of objects appearing to come out of the screen. Ghosting was also all but non-existent as I only notice one or two very very faint double-images.

As for James Cameron's comments, he can kiss my butt. While Burton isn't always the most coherent filmmaker, Alice runs circles around Avatar in terms of sheer entertainment values, likable characters and not beating a message over your head.

I couldn't agree more. I have both Avatar and Alice in Wonderland on 3D Bluray and Alice in Wonderland is a lot more entertaining to watch. Avatar looks great on 3D Bluray but after watching it a couple of times in theaters it just gets boring to re-watch after that. I remember when it was re-released with extended secenes a few months back. I saw it twice and twice I fell asleep watching it. And now having it on 3D Bluray it just doesn't get anymore exciting than that.

It's a good movie. But again just very long and boring after you've already seen it. People who don't own Panasonic 3D TVs really aren't missing much. Maybe just a good deep sleep if you need one. Avatar could in fact be the break through cure to insomnia.
post #80 of 82 Old 12-11-2010, 10:57 AM
Advanced Member

i cannot get this to play on my PS3. Anyone else have this problem?
post #81 of 82 Old 12-11-2010, 11:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by akadennis View Post

i cannot get this to play on my PS3. Anyone else have this problem?

ok i got this to work after the 4th try
post #82 of 82 Old 12-12-2010, 04:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Plays fine on my PS3 and I agree, most fun 3D movie yet!

E.B. White said, "I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
Reply 3D Content