Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 155 Old 09-23-2010, 01:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by almostinsane View Post

The copying doesn't strip out anything, you create an ISO of the disc and then burn it to a BD50. Its a direct copy of the original minus AACS.

The only other things that were removed were BD Live, and any trailers or adverts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 155 Old 09-23-2010, 08:30 PM

I have the same problem except I don't have a blu ray burnet. Is it possible to make the blu ray into a .mkv file?
post #93 of 155 Old 09-23-2010, 10:41 PM

I have the 80 Gb fat PS3 into my Mits adapter into my Mits 82737 and all the 3D movies look GREAT! Including Monsters vs. Aliens.

You may have to go into Display Settings on you PS3.

After you click on Display Settings, then click on the first item that comes up(I can't remember the name off the top of my head).

Go through that setup and somewhere during the setup there will be a page that will have the different formats (480i, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, 3D 1080i and 3D 1080p) with a checkbox beside. Make sure all the boxes have a check in them. Then finish going through the rest of the setup.

Just an idea
post #94 of 155 Old 09-24-2010, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyRed View Post

I have the 80 Gb fat PS3 into my Mits adapter into my Mits 82737 and all the 3D movies look GREAT! Including Monsters vs. Aliens.

You may have to go into Display Settings on you PS3.

After you click on Display Settings, then click on the first item that comes up(I can't remember the name off the top of my head).

Go through that setup and somewhere during the setup there will be a page that will have the different formats (480i, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, 3D 1080i and 3D 1080p) with a checkbox beside. Make sure all the boxes have a check in them. Then finish going through the rest of the setup.

Just an idea

Whilst your suggestion is made in good spirits I'm sure - WE KNOW!!!!!

if you have one of the bad discs it doesn't even show up on the XMB, and my PS3 Slim makes some pretty funky noises as it tries and fails to read it.

This is not a settings issue (AFAICT), it's a PS3-just-not-reading-the-damned-disc issue.
post #95 of 155 Old 09-24-2010, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratanddragon View Post

whilst your suggestion is made in good spirits i'm sure - we know!!!!!

if you have one of the bad discs it doesn't even show up on the xmb, and my ps3 slim makes some pretty funky noises as it tries and fails to read it.

This is not a settings issue (afaict), it's a ps3-just-not-reading-the-damned-disc issue.

+1
post #96 of 155 Old 09-24-2010, 06:47 AM

So, am I safe to assume that if my MvA disc is not even showing up in my XMB, it will probably not work in ANY PS3?

I need to try it on my brothers, just have not had a chance.

I was going to try and rip it to a single mkv file or something, but I don't think that would work.

Based on the title structure of the disc, not sure which title is dedicated to the 3D aspect of the movie.
post #97 of 155 Old 09-24-2010, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledown88 View Post

So, am I safe to assume that if my MvA disc is not even showing up in my XMB, it will probably not work in ANY PS3?

yes
post #98 of 155 Old 09-24-2010, 07:39 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
So hardware is out; Sounds like different dyes or something for the disks. I did read somewhere that mva didnt read on ps3 before the update... Maybe some did?

I want to die in my sleep like grandpa... not kicking and screaming like the people in his car.
post #99 of 155 Old 09-24-2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metric View Post

So hardware is out; Sounds like different dyes or something for the disks. I did read somewhere that mva didnt read on ps3 before the update... Maybe some did?

My disc NEVER worked on my PS3. I tried before the update and after. I contacted Samsung again via e-mail, but I suppose I will have to call to see if I can get a replacement. Good luck on that happening though.
post #100 of 155 Old 09-24-2010, 12:41 PM

Quote:

My disc NEVER worked on my PS3. I tried before the update and after. I contacted Samsung again via e-mail, but I suppose I will have to call to see if I can get a replacement. Good luck on that happening though.

Mine did not work either before the update or after. I just doesn't recognize it.

It works on my PC just fine and my Samsung bluray player.

:)
post #101 of 155 Old 09-25-2010, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatAndDragon View Post

Whilst your suggestion is made in good spirits I'm sure - WE KNOW!!!!!

if you have one of the bad discs it doesn't even show up on the XMB, and my PS3 Slim makes some pretty funky noises as it tries and fails to read it.

This is not a settings issue (AFAICT), it's a PS3-just-not-reading-the-damned-disc issue.

I may have responded in the wrong thread about this issue

It seems to me that not everyone is reading through the whole thread.
You see someone ask a question, they get an answer and then you see the same question and answer a few posts down, go figure..lol
post #102 of 155 Old 09-26-2010, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metric View Post

Ok so I had a starter kit where the 3d glass cases were black and MvA would not load. I had amazon send me a replacement starter kit which included the blue glass cases and MvA now works. So it appears the batch with the black cases may be the issue. Also, the box with the blue cases was a different size and design from my original starter kit.
post #103 of 155 Old 09-26-2010, 09:44 PM

I just received Monsters vs. Aliens the other day. Bought it on Ebay due to the fact that I have a Sony Bravia 3D TV and not a Samsung. Well, I tried it on my PS3 and the 3D looks great! All my 3D blurays look the same on the PS3. Great. And again, even on a standard HDMI cable.

Must be the fact that both are Sony systems.
post #104 of 155 Old 09-27-2010, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy71 View Post

Ok so I had a starter kit where the 3d glass cases were black and MvA would not load. I had amazon send me a replacement starter kit which included the blue glass cases and MvA now works. So it appears the batch with the black cases may be the issue. Also, the box with the blue cases was a different size and design from my original starter kit.

Is the Blu-Ray "sealed" in the Starter Kit? I'm so fed up Samsung right now, I may buy/return a starter kit....I know, it is wrong, but I am a bit upset that Samsung will do nothing for me.
post #105 of 155 Old 09-27-2010, 09:31 AM

Quote:

Is the Blu-Ray "sealed" in the Starter Kit? I'm so fed up Samsung right now, I may buy/return a starter kit....I know, it is wrong, but I am a bit upset that Samsung will do nothing for me.

Yes, the Blu Ray is shrink wrapped.
post #106 of 155 Old 09-27-2010, 12:21 PM

Same issue as others, have the $400 kit, bluray doesn't load in my ps3 (an older model), nor does it work in my neighbors brand new slim model. Each has the latest updates.

Called support, got India, they weren't helpful, told me there is nothing that can be done if it doesn't work, they only support samsung players. I explained that when Samsung licensed the word "3d bluray" to put on their disc, it meant that it would work in all 3d bluray players that were similarly licensed. She told me to contact Sony. Yeah, cause Sony will be able to send out a replacement disc.

After much pushing, they escalated it to a US/Canadian call center.

I was told that it is not a Samsung disc, that it is promotional, that the retailers put the disc in the case, and that Samsung doesn't warranty it.

I explained the implied warranty of merchantability, I pointed out that the disc itself says "brought to you by Samsung" that the box and everything in it (except for the batteries) are stamped Samsung. The rep did not care.

I was instructed to return it to my retailer. This was a gift from my in-laws when we got the new tv. Now I need to involve them, some out-of-state retailer, and explain why I want a replacement disc that comes out of a $400 dollar box. This won't be a simple exchange, I bet.

I was extremely surprised to find how inappropriate they treat a customer who just spent thousands of dollars for their products - failing to swap out a disc would cost them nothing more than a few bucks. I will not buy samsung in the future seeing how even the smallest of issues could be blown out of proportion and remain unresolved.
post #107 of 155 Old 09-27-2010, 02:47 PM

I don't know if this issue has been resolved already, but my MvA WORKS fine in my PS3.
This is my setup:

UN55C8000
PS3 FAT (80Gb Metal Gear)
Onkyo HT-S3300 ( I think it also works directly connect to the tv, though)
MvA from Starter kit (With 9ish languages to choose from)

I watched the whole movie yesterday, no issue.
post #108 of 155 Old 09-28-2010, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montesinnos View Post

I don't know if this issue has been resolved already, but my MvA WORKS fine in my PS3.
This is my setup:

UN55C8000
PS3 FAT (80Gb Metal Gear)
Onkyo HT-S3300 ( I think it also works directly connect to the tv, though)
MvA from Starter kit (With 9ish languages to choose from)

I watched the whole movie yesterday, no issue.

Nah, not resolved. It all seems to depend on exactly which batch you got, if you have the 'good' batch it will work. The 'bad' batch seem to work on any 3d BD player that isn't a PS3.
post #109 of 155 Old 09-28-2010, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatAndDragon View Post

Nah, not resolved. It all seems to depend on exactly which batch you got, if you have the 'good' batch it will work. The 'bad' batch seem to work on any 3d BD player that isn't a PS3.

Ahhh, ok.
I was just sharing my experience because somewhere in this thread somebody said that no PS3 will play it.
It's working fine in here and I just watched the bonus video (Bob's big breakout).
Everything is great (well, except that I dont know how to set up my receiver properly)
post #110 of 155 Old 09-30-2010, 05:02 AM

Buydig.com would NOT replace my disc for me (I wasn't expecting them to). They said Samsung should be more than willing to swap it out....we'll see.
post #111 of 155 Old 09-30-2010, 07:02 AM

Quote:

Buydig.com would NOT replace my disc for me (I wasn't expecting them to). They said Samsung should be more than willing to swap it out....we'll see.

Please let me know your experience. Samsung flat out refused and told me to go back to the store. I escelated the issue, and pushed for nearly an hour. It would have been cheaper for them just to send me a new disc than to spend an hour telling me why they won't.
post #112 of 155 Old 10-01-2010, 07:49 AM

Another one here that the disc won't play.

Unlike others though, my disc does show up on the XMB, and when I select the disc, the "Put on your 3D glasses" message pops up on the lower left of my TV (Sammy C8000), and the glasses turn on. After that, nothing happens and Im stuck at a black screen. Have to unplug the PS3 to be able to do anything, the entire system locks up. I have 2 PS3s, and 80 gig fat for my wife to watch NetFlix, and a 120 gig SLIM for me in the living room. Both systems do the same thing...

Ah well...
post #113 of 155 Old 10-01-2010, 11:08 AM

yours is an entirely new problem. Samsung really needs to do something about the disc problems. Luckily I bought mine thru Amazon and they exchanged the entire kit for me.
post #114 of 155 Old 10-01-2010, 11:27 AM

I've already mentioned that mine did the same thing OkeeDoke's (back on page 2). I get the disc icon, but when I choose to play it, it goes to black, tries to load something, then my TV prompts the "No input detected" since the PS3 froze. It's a bad batch of discs, simple as that. The hard part will be trying to get Samsung to replace them.
post #115 of 155 Old 10-01-2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingfan191 View Post

I've already mentioned that mine did the same thing OkeeDoke's (back on page 2). I get the disc icon, but when I choose to play it, it goes to black, tries to load something, then my TV prompts the "No input detected" since the PS3 froze. It's a bad batch of discs, simple as that. The hard part will be trying to get Samsung to replace them.

Best Buy won't take it back becasue they say it is a part of a $400 package, and not subject to the swap out a defective disc policy. They said take it up with samsung as a warranty issue. Samsung has refused my requests.
post #116 of 155 Old 10-02-2010, 10:48 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
MvA worked fine on my ps3 slim Move bundle ps3 and my UN55C8000 tv but I get the ratio borders on the top and the bottom of my screen. Is it the movie to blame or a ps3 setting?

EDIT: Monster house also has the same black bars on the top and bottom.

Fronts: Polk Audio Monitor70 Series II
Center: Polk Audio CS2 Series II
Surrounds: Polk Audio Monitor50 Series II
Sub: 2x Polk PSW505
Reciever: Pioneer VSX-80
TV: Samsung 3D UN55C8000
post #117 of 155 Old 10-04-2010, 09:15 AM

I wonder if Best Buy would realize that they have an opened MvA disc if I bought/returned the starter kit so I can get a "working" copy of the disc. I still have yet to call Samsung.
post #118 of 155 Old 10-04-2010, 08:50 PM

I would try going to bb, or whatever store is near you, and ask if they would trade your disk for their demo. I think if you explained the problem they might go for it. Bring your ps3- you can test their disk and show them that yours won't play.
post #119 of 155 Old 10-05-2010, 05:49 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by oni222 View Post

MvA worked fine on my ps3 slim Move bundle ps3 and my UN55C8000 tv but I get the ratio borders on the top and the bottom of my screen. Is it the movie to blame or a ps3 setting?

EDIT: Monster house also has the same black bars on the top and bottom.

Both movies are in the letter box format so the black bars would be visable on any TV
post #120 of 155 Old 10-07-2010, 03:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hey, we just got a Samsung 1080p 3D HDTV at work (for testing our HDMI cables' FHD3D support) and it came with the Samsung 3D starter kit, including Monsters vs Aliens 3D. Unfortunately it's the black glasses-case version, and the disc is not recognized at all in our PS3 Slim.

Has anyone gotten Samsung to actually replace the disc? This is clearly their responsibility, as the kit is their product and the disc has their name on it. I don't know why they'd hesitate since they've already solved the problem (blue glasses-case version).

Worst case, we'll wait a month for some retail 3D Blu-rays to come out. But it is just so lame that Samsung would put out a disc that isn't recognized at all on the most popular Blu-ray player available..

I tried sending an email support request through their terrible website (twice), but I have no idea if it actually got through.

Samsung BD-UP5000 (1.3), Samsung 4671 (1013.1), Denon AVR-3808CI, HTD Level 3 5.1
Denon AVR-3300, Denon PMA-700V, Advent Loudspeakers
Reply 3D Content

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page