Best 3d Bluray Movie so far????3d effects - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 1893 Old 04-02-2011, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 24
there are some 3d stuff on the third disc from the collectors edition. it has a the trailer in 3d. you have to click to the right on the main page for disc 3. and click right after the bdlive connection or something and then it will bring up the 3d stuff.

Jacob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 1893 Old 04-02-2011, 10:47 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks Jacob, the Pandora 3D Tour was nice. Even being mostly stereo blind I was able to see a number of the effects. That was rather hidden if you didn't happen to scroll all the way right in the menus.
post #273 of 1893 Old 04-02-2011, 11:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudley07726 View Post
I cannot imagine any movie having better 3D than Avatar right now.
Get Hubble 3D and report back to us. Until I saw Hubble, I would agree that Avatar was the best(Tahiti, 2nd best); now, I think Avatar is 2nd.
post #274 of 1893 Old 04-02-2011, 11:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmalter0

Get Hubble 3D and report back to us. Until I saw Hubble, I would agree that Avatar was the best(Tahiti, 2nd best); now, I think Avatar is 2nd.
Wow really? Hubble is a best buy exclusive or something right? I'ma definitely swoop that then..
post #275 of 1893 Old 04-02-2011, 12:54 PM

I personally like Under the Sea the Most followed by Avatar & Tahiti. I saw space station but was not that blown away by it. Will need to watch Hubble next. I've seen some parts of Yogi Bear and the mix of CGI and live action is quite good too.
post #276 of 1893 Old 04-02-2011, 09:26 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 32
Well, I built up enough courage and the wife and I rented Step Up 3D, 480p only in Vudu.

Glad we did, hands down the best live action 3D movie out there.

Yeah, the story might be silly and hokey but it was fun and the dancing was insane, especially with the 3D!

Went from not wanting to watch it to now buying the Blu-ray 3D.
post #277 of 1893 Old 04-03-2011, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J y E 4Ever View Post

Well, I built up enough courage and the wife and I rented Step Up 3D, 480p only in Vudu.

Glad we did, hands down the best live action 3D movie out there.

Yeah, the story might be silly and hokey but it was fun and the dancing was insane, especially with the 3D!

Went from not wanting to watch it to now buying the Blu-ray 3D.

Yep. I agree. Once I watched I was on the fence about which movie had better 3D, Step Up or Avatar.
post #278 of 1893 Old 04-19-2011, 10:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVSF President View Post

Those who have ACC say it's the best animated 3d wonder.

I can't figure out what ACC stands for...What movie is this ?

See My AVS Classified Ad .
post #279 of 1893 Old 04-19-2011, 11:02 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Rain View Post

I can't figure out what ACC stands for...What movie is this ?

i think its
"a christmas carol"
post #280 of 1893 Old 04-20-2011, 06:30 PM

I still think avatar is better than hubble, and I own them both. Just my opinion.
post #281 of 1893 Old 04-20-2011, 09:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazed View Post

i think its
"a christmas carol"

Thanks..I was racking my brains out trying to figure out what it was

Thanks again

See My AVS Classified Ad .
post #282 of 1893 Old 04-21-2011, 08:12 AM

Anybody compare PQ and 3D effect between the Imax films over Directv and on Blu-ray? I assume Blu-ray is better, but how much better?
post #283 of 1893 Old 04-22-2011, 05:01 AM

Anyone see that HBO has on demand 3D? I was surprised to see 3d Avatar available, does anyone know if it's the same experience as the disc? I'm loving it, especially since I don't have to hunt down the damn disc
post #284 of 1893 Old 04-22-2011, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyorandy View Post

Anyone see that HBO has on demand 3D? I was surprised to see 3d Avatar available, does anyone know if it's the same experience as the disc? I'm loving it, especially since I don't have to hunt down the damn disc

Yeah...has been out and discussed here for a couple of weeks. If you're a subscriber, Starz has a few 'free' 3D titles as well.
post #285 of 1893 Old 04-22-2011, 07:14 AM

But the Starz and HBO stuff is not available via Directv, correct?
post #286 of 1893 Old 04-22-2011, 07:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 100
So far I've watched Avatar 3D, Tangled, Meatballs and bits of Tahiti, Tron, and Megamind. Megamind has impressed me the most. Pretty much every shot has AMAZING depth. I was seriously considering selling it since I already have the 2d version and the 3d version going for about $100 on ebay; after watching parts of it last night, I'm keeping it.
post #287 of 1893 Old 04-24-2011, 10:54 AM

I watched Megamind last night and was very impressed. It has moved up to number 2 on my list, only behind Avatar.

IMO it is the best animated 3D by far.
post #288 of 1893 Old 04-25-2011, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenc64 View Post

I watched Megamind last night and was very impressed. It has moved up to number 2 on my list, only behind Avatar.

IMO it is the best animated 3D by far.

ok, but the movie itself...
post #289 of 1893 Old 04-25-2011, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach View Post

Don't know why it gets so much hate--I loved it. I thought it was funny, entertaining AND original. I see a lot of comparisons (in the negative) to Despicable Me, but I think that's just absurd. Funny how you can have a film whose storyline has been done and done and done (anything with a Romeo and Juliet or Mr. Darcy storyline) and nobody complains about unoriginality, but you get one film that seems slightly familiar to another that deviated from the norm and everyone goes all crazy. Sorry, rant over.
post #290 of 1893 Old 04-25-2011, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member

OK, what is the deal with people ranting and raving about Ultimate Wave: Tahiti?? Are people impressed by the WHOLE movie or just the 3d animations and the underwater scenes?--'caused that's all about it that I thought was extremely well done, the rest was... meh. It was plagued by that over-exaggerated 3d that I find fake and distracting. Now maybe some people like that, but, to me, that's the equivalent of making your subwoofer 10db hotter than the rest of the system and going "OMG, that sounds AWESOME!!!
post #291 of 1893 Old 04-25-2011, 09:18 AM

Quote:

I liked the movie, Will Ferrell cracks me up even as a large blue headed cartoon. Kids and wife enjoyed it as well.
post #292 of 1893 Old 04-25-2011, 11:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by javanpohl View Post
Don't know why it gets so much hate--I loved it. I thought it was funny, entertaining AND original. I see a lot of comparisons (in the negative) to Despicable Me, but I think that's just absurd. Funny how you can have a film whose storyline has been done and done and done (anything with a Romeo and Juliet or Mr. Darcy storyline) and nobody complains about unoriginality, but you get one film that seems slightly familiar to another that deviated from the norm and everyone goes all crazy. Sorry, rant over.
+1 . I loved it and was far better than Despicable Me (IMHO).
The 3D presentation was spectacular! Easily on my top 3 list...

A Never Ending Quest Τowards Visual Nirvana..
post #293 of 1893 Old 04-25-2011, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by javanpohl
OK, what is the deal with people ranting and raving about Ultimate Wave: Tahiti?? Are people impressed by the WHOLE movie or just the 3d animations and the underwater scenes?--'caused that's all about it that I thought was extremely well done, the rest was... meh. It was plagued by that over-exaggerated 3d that I find fake and distracting. Now maybe some people like that, but, to me, that's the equivalent of making your subwoofer 10db hotter than the rest of the system and going "OMG, that sounds AWESOME!!!
Couldn't agree more. I was underwhelmed by the movie.
post #294 of 1893 Old 04-25-2011, 01:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I just watched Megamind and would have loved if I knew that the bad guy was going to shout that the Easter Bunny and Tooth fairy don't really exist. Thank god my kids weren't paying close attention. That was a stupid line for them to put in this movie.
post #295 of 1893 Old 04-25-2011, 01:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickels55 View Post
I just watched Megamind and would have loved if I knew that the bad guy was going to shout that the Easter Bunny and Tooth fairy don't really exist. Thank god my kids weren't paying close attention. That was a stupid line for them to put in this movie.
I've seen people say this a few times and I can never tell if they're joking or not. I mean, after all, you have chosen to outright LIE to your children for their entire lives. Don't blame the movie, blame the man... or woman... in the mirror for deciding to trick your children into believing in the existence of mythological creatures.
post #296 of 1893 Old 04-26-2011, 04:43 AM

See if you can find "Sammy's adventures" on 3d blueray. I've seen almost all 3d releases (except the crappy horrorflix) and this has by far the best effects. The scene with the "Happy People" track is my favourite demo to impress people. Avatar is a good second.
post #297 of 1893 Old 04-26-2011, 06:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

Megamind besides not being funny, has far deeper issues than the Easter Bunny line. It is the perfect postmodern film in that the good guy is worthless and the bad guy is "good". My three-year-old cannot process bad guys that are good or good guys that are bad. He needs a solid foundation of good and bad before you can start introducing ideas that not all people are all bad or all good. In his mind things are either black or white...and that's good for his moral foundation. It's an important concept but not one that my three-year-old is mature enough to understand. Maybe when he is a few years older. I'm done.
post #298 of 1893 Old 04-26-2011, 07:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by javanpohl View Post

I've seen people say this a few times and I can never tell if they're joking or not. I mean, after all, you have chosen to outright LIE to your children for their entire lives.

I am guess you don't have kids. If you do, they must be the jerks that ruin Xmas and Easter for the other kids who do believe. Sorry for letting my kids have a childhood and not destroying their fantasy world. I lied to my children about Santa, the Easter Bunny, and the tooth fairy... quick someone call the cops!!!
post #299 of 1893 Old 04-26-2011, 08:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Megamind besides not being funny, has far deeper issues than the Easter Bunny line. It is the perfect postmodern film in that the good guy is worthless and the bad guy is "good". My three-year-old cannot process bad guys that are good or good guys that are bad. He needs a solid foundation of good and bad before you can start introducing ideas that not all people are all bad or all good. In his mind things are either black or white...and that's good for his moral foundation. It's an important concept but not one that my three-year-old is mature enough to understand. Maybe when he is a few years older. I'm done.

I found it very funny, but it has a more adult sense of humor.
I thought the reversal of the good/bad character was quite refreshing (and had more "heart" that Despicable Me), but I am not sure it would be appropriate for very young kids. I am pretty certain though that older kids will enjoy Megamind.

A Never Ending Quest Τowards Visual Nirvana..
post #300 of 1893 Old 04-26-2011, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I am guess you don't have kids. If you do, they must be the jerks that ruin Xmas and Easter for the other kids who do believe. Sorry for letting my kids have a childhood and not destroying their fantasy world. I lied to my children about Santa, the Easter Bunny, and the tooth fairy... quick someone call the cops!!!

Hey, I'm not telling anyone how to raise their kids. I just think it's silly to get upset when the whole world doesn't decide to play along in your little game of deception.

Well, I think the whole concept of lying to children on a continuous basis is silly (weird how teenagers don't usually have an open, trusting relationship with their parents... coincidence??), but that's beside the aforementioned point.
Reply 3D Content

Tags
Under The Sea Imax 3 D Blu Ray , Oz The Great And Powerful Blu Ray 3d Digital Copy , Rise Of The Guardians Blu Ray 3d , Star Trek Into Darkness Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , A Turtles Tale Sammys Adventures Blu Ray , Tron Legacy Tron The Original Classic Five Disc Combo Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Life Of Pi 3d Blu Ray , Jurassic Park 3d 3d Blu Ray Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy Ultraviolet , Blu Ray Movies , Ice Age Dawn Of The Dinosaurs Blu Ray 3d , Monsters Vs Aliens Blu Ray
Gear in this thread - Life by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page