AVS Forum banner
474K views 2K replies 484 participants last post by  rural scribe 
#1 ·
ok so whats the best 3d bluray movie to get so far?? i plan on buying one today. i did a little research but its between cloudy,monsters vs aliens , and monster house unless i hear different from u guys.

#27 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostinsane /forum/post/19223017

Its not a demo, the disc has 3 IMAX 3D films on it. It's in the Samsung 3D Starter Kit.

Should there have been a seperate disk in the Samsung Starter Kit in addition to Monsters vs Aliens? Friend of mine purchased a Samsung 8000 around 4 weeks ago and only got the MvA disk.

#29 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by khee mao /forum/post/0

quick review of the 6 3D movies I have:

Ice Age 3 - good fun and great 3D

Coraline - this is a love it or hate it movie, but I love it. good 3D

Cloudy - fun, good 3D

Monsters vs Aliens - fun, great 3D

Monster House - kind of disturbing overall, but has its moments. great 3D

Clash of the Titans - not particularly fun though it has its moments, awful 3D

not sure if I'll ever watch Clash or Monster House again (once each), but the rest I've seen several times and still consider good investments.

Are the Coraline and Ice Age you mention new full 3D discs, or the ones that came out a while ago with their own glasses?

Omar

#33 ·
So far I have watched M vs. A, Cloudy w/ a Chance of Meatballs, Coraline, IceAge 2 and Monster vs. Aliens.

The 3D winner, IMHO, as far as pop out goes is to M vs. A.

However, watching M vs. A on my Panasonic 58 " Plasma, I have notice a large amount of ghosting. More in this DVD than the other 3D options. It gets the "bridge scene" correct, no ghosting on the red suspension cables (of which I have been very critical of the Samsung, which shows a lot of ghosting on the red suspension cables) but on the heroine's white hair against a dark blue sky which shows an exceptional amount of ghosting; very distracting .

I am now somewhat convinced that the major cause of ghosting are context based and the SLOW response time of our first generation active shutter glasses.

Where are the new ASG from Monster and XpanD.????

What is your opinion.

#36 ·
hi,

i rented from Time Warner on the High Def Channel on Demand, Under the Sea 3D, it was by far the best 3D content i have ever seen thus far.

there were a lot of scenes that were just spetacular, the one that stands out for me is the scene wit hthe fish called a Potato Cod, it looked like it was floating in my living room, i was like, HOLY CHIT
lol. i sit 12 feet away from my Samsung 55"

#37 ·
i too have time warner cable, ill check it out if its around my services, i bought cloudy w/a chance, and the 3d is fun, but i didnt notice any "pop-out" 3D, i went to a local Best Buy, and they had some underwater demo on an LG 3D tv, there is one scene where this fish pops out, it might be what was said here, but ill probably go for m vs a as my next purchase since its been said it has good pop-out 3d, i have a 65c9 with the glasses and converter thru my ps3.

#38 ·
I received my Despicable Me Blu-Ray 3D today. From the start to the finish and beyond it is the first 3D I would recommend to anyone who has never seen 3D at home. I tried each one of my 3D glasses to see which ones my visitors might be most comfortable with my Mits 65735 3D-ready DLP HDTV.

1st XpanD 103 excellent, resilent construction(black),brighter, more color, depth, multi use.

2nd XpanD 102 excellent, resilent construction(red), bright, depth

3rd Samsung 2100AB excellent , depth, cold (black)plastic, but very fragile lens(second set), Not for kids, adult kids or rugged handling, backup only.

Look forward to more 3D content like this title.

#39 ·
Have to agree on Despicable Me. There's a few scenes that are obviously geared toward 3d (pulling up close to a building, carnival game, and of course the end credits) Best display of 3D I've seen so far.

Tony

Mits 65737, IR Emitter, xpand 103

#41 ·
Question: Are there any 3d bluray movies that were originally shot as tru3d movies (not 2d-3d conversion) that was filmed with real actors? The closest thing I can think of is Avatar of course, but that uses a ton of CGI and after effects to create the beautiful imagery, and I am looking for a different live action movie that was shot with 3d in mind. For example, Alice in Wonderland 3d is a decent example of what I am talking about, however its a 2d - 3d conversion (albeit a job well done from what I have seen so far)

#43 ·
im also looking for something in that area, have you tried Avatar: The Last Airbender? there is like 10 cg to 1 live-action movie.

on the other hand, man i really want to get another 3d movie, and i want something that pops out of the screen, now im between dispicable me, Avatar: TLA and M vs A

#45 ·
Live Action native 3-D feature movies available on Blu-ray 3D now or shortly: STEP UP 3-D, AVATAR, RESIDENT EVIL: AFTERLIFE, THE HOLE, THE CHILD'S EYE, MY BLOODY VALENTINE, SAW 3D, STREET DANCE. DARK COUNTRY is playing on N3D also.

Several major ones being released in 2011, like DRIVE ANGRY, PIRATES 4, TRANSFORMERS 3, SANCTUM and others.

#47 ·
well, i found out and tested a few episodes they have in 3D, and most of them have very good depth, specially the nature ones, there is a spectacular video where some guy talks about 3D and its features, for whom ever has twc give it a watch, its good and informative, and watch out for the snake on that one.

#50 ·
I'm getting tired of animated 3D movies and am tempted to get RE just because it's "real." Looking for some 3D "pop!" And, for me, 2--->3D works only about 1/4 of the time, although I have yet to try any of the Star Wars movies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.