Originally Posted by buonforte View Post

First let me start off by saying that I have the following 3D movies:

Cirque Du Solei-Journey Of Man(Imax)
Drive Angry
The Lion King
How To Train Your Dragon
Yogi Bear
Open Season
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (1 & 2)
Journey To The Center Of The Earth
Mega Mind
Under The Sea (Imax)
Rio

And my prized movie that blows them all away for 3D is called:
A Turtle's Tale, Sammy's Adventure

The 3D in this animated movie is beyond words. It blows away every one of the movies listed above and puts Avatar to shame. I just can't tell you how incredible the 3D is. The whole movie basically takes place out of the screen and in your living room.

If there is one and only one movie that was ever made to Demo 3D, this is the one. It's 3D done right! It's also got a DTS Master Audio Sound Track.

Yes, some of my other movies listed above do have some good 3d moments but Sammy's Adventure is consistant from start to finish. It's just plain awesome. This is the movie that would make me go out and buy a 3D TV if I didn't already have one. Not many movies can make you feel that you're actually part of it...this one will! You must own this one at any price! It is worth it.

Of all the 3D movies I have seen, including Toy Story 3 in the Theater (not very impressive), A Turtle's Tale, Sammy's Adventure is hands down the best I've seen yet. This is my new reference material.

You must see alot more popout in this movie than I do.
I like the animation , the depth( story line isnt the best, but not horrible) . I dont think I saw more than 2-3 actual popouts throughout the entire movie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 1882 Old 02-20-2012, 04:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2D3D View Post

I like the animation , the depth( story line isnt the best, but not horrible) . I dont think I saw more than 2-3 actual popouts throughout the entire movie.

Wow! I have a Toshiba Passive 3D TV and it looked great on it. Even my wife was amazed and usually this stuff doesn't phaze her. I guess everyone see's things differently.
post #633 of 1882 Old 02-20-2012, 05:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

Wow! I have a Toshiba Passive 3D TV and it looked great on it. Even my wife was amazed and usually this stuff doesn't phaze her. I guess everyone see's things differently.

This movie by far has best 3d but the story is 1D ....horrible....simply horrible
post #634 of 1882 Old 02-20-2012, 06:02 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by falafala View Post

This movie by far has best 3d but the story is 1D ....horrible....simply horrible

Depth-wise yes. But not too many popouts if you ask me
post #635 of 1882 Old 02-20-2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:

First let me start off by saying that I have the following 3D movies:

Cirque Du Solei-Journey Of Man(Imax)
Drive Angry
The Lion King
How To Train Your Dragon
Yogi Bear
Open Season
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (1 & 2)
Journey To The Center Of The Earth
Mega Mind
Under The Sea (Imax)
Rio

And my prized movie that blows them all away for 3D is called:
A Turtle's Tale, Sammy's Adventure

The 3D in this animated movie is beyond words. It blows away every one of the movies listed above and puts Avatar to shame. I just can't tell you how incredible the 3D is. The whole movie basically takes place out of the screen and in your living room.

If there is one and only one movie that was ever made to Demo 3D, this is the one. It's 3D done right! It's also got a DTS Master Audio Sound Track.

Yes, some of my other movies listed above do have some good 3d moments but Sammy's Adventure is consistant from start to finish. It's just plain awesome. This is the movie that would make me go out and buy a 3D TV if I didn't already have one. Not many movies can make you feel that you're actually part of it...this one will! You must own this one at any price! It is worth it.

Of all the 3D movies I have seen, including Toy Story 3 in the Theater (not very impressive), A Turtle's Tale, Sammy's Adventure is hands down the best I've seen yet. This is my new reference material.

How will I know if it will play in my Blu ray player. I have a Sony E770. Will I have region coding issues?
post #636 of 1882 Old 02-20-2012, 08:11 PM

Quote:

same here. on my set, there are a few scenes where the pop out is really really far out (im talking in your face pop out), but there is always a scene with some pop out, like 2-3 feet. it might be a branch of a palm tree or some other ocean plant. overall, it has a lot of pop out.

im using a LG plasma and it came with 2 active glasses.
post #637 of 1882 Old 02-20-2012, 08:17 PM

Quote:

Depth-wise yes. But not too many popouts if you ask me

I don't know how you can say that. Like I said, you weren't just watching it, you were experiencing it. The movie was consistantly beyond the screen. Like the movie was taking place in your living room and not on your TV. There might be something wrong with your set-up somewhere. This has got to be one of the best, if not THE best 3d movie out there. We're not talking about the story, that's subjective, I thought it was cute and my wife liked it, too. But not everyone will.

But, we're talking strictly about the 3D, and that's where this movie shines. And the sound accompanies the visuals beautifully. All in all, a class act presentation that everyone should own to "Demo" their system.
post #638 of 1882 Old 02-20-2012, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddster25 View Post

How will I know if it will play in my Blu ray player. I have a Sony E770. Will I have region coding issues?

This is not yet released in America. So, you will buy it as an import. You can find it on-line as a region free disc, or you can buy a region free player such as one from Oppo and buy the Disc from Amazon. Those are your choices. I personally bought a region free disc and it plays beautiful in my Panasonic 210.
post #639 of 1882 Old 02-20-2012, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalDistortion View Post

same here. on my set, there are a few scenes where the pop out is really really far out (im talking in your face pop out.

Like the snake for example, right?? Man, if you thought the Potato Cod fish scene from Imax's Under The Sea was out there, the snake from Sammy's Adventure was right in your face. I mean, it was just about touching your face! Awesome effect.
post #640 of 1882 Old 02-20-2012, 08:34 PM

Quote:

This is not yet released in America. So, you will buy it as an import. You can find it on-line as a region free disk, or you can buy a region free player such as one from Oppo and buy the Disc from Amazon. Those are your choices. I personally bought a region free disc and it plays beautiful in my Panasonic 210.

Thanks I'll look for the region free version.
post #641 of 1882 Old 02-21-2012, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddster25 View Post

Thanks I'll look for the region free version.

I found it on vudu for $21.99 ( HDX) to own. If you're a first timer you get $5 credit.
post #642 of 1882 Old 02-21-2012, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsmith808 View Post

Just to answer the thread question, Megamind has been a favorite of a lot of my guests. Many liked it better than Avatar.

Anything was better than Avatar. It's so over-rated. I would put Avatar near the bottom of the list as far as a Demo worthy 3D disc. You're right, Mega Mind blows it away.
post #643 of 1882 Old 02-21-2012, 04:19 AM

Quote:

I found it on vudu for $21.99 ( HDX) to own. If you're a first timer you get $5 credit.

Yes, I forgot about Vudu. Good deal. Just make sure you choose HDX and of course, the 3D version. Remember, you're not buying the actual physical disc, rather the movie is stored on their servers for you. But at 16.99 I would do it unless you would rather own the actual disc. I know that Vudu is a quality service so I'm sure that the streamed version (HDX) should be just as good as having the disc. Just make sure you have a high speed internet connection. Cable is good, DSL is too slow for streaming 1080P full HD.
post #644 of 1882 Old 02-21-2012, 09:34 AM

Quote:

Yes, I forgot about Vudu. Good deal. Just make sure you choose HDX and of course, the 3D version. Remember, you're not buying the actual physical disc, rather the movie is stored on their servers for you. But at 16.99 I would do it unless you would rather own the actual disc. I know that Vudu is a quality service so I'm sure that the streamed version (HDX) should be just as good as having the disc. Just make sure you have a high speed internet connection. Cable is good, DSL is too slow for streaming 1080P full HD.

Plus if you have a bluray player with hard drive, you can download the full thing and always have access to it without internet connection !
post #645 of 1882 Old 02-21-2012, 10:39 AM

Quote:

I don't know how you can say that. Like I said, you weren't just watching it, you were experiencing it. The movie was consistantly beyond the screen. Like the movie was taking place in your living room and not on your TV. There might be something wrong with your set-up somewhere. This has got to be one of the best, if not THE best 3d movie out there. We're not talking about the story, that's subjective, I thought it was cute and my wife liked it, too. But not everyone will.

But, we're talking strictly about the 3D, and that's where this movie shines. And the sound accompanies the visuals beautifully. All in all, a class act presentation that everyone should own to "Demo" their system.

Agree completely, the definitive must see for 3d.
post #646 of 1882 Old 02-21-2012, 01:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Plus if you have a bluray player with hard drive, you can download the full thing and always have access to it without internet connection !

except that you cant sell it off if you hate the movie !
post #647 of 1882 Old 02-21-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:

except that you cant sell it off if you hate the movie !

I was adding it to the previous posters advice in regards to VUDU, which means you can not sell it either if you stream it Pay attention to whom I quoted
I guess for $16 I took a chance , knowing that if I didnt like it I was gonna be stuck with it lol
post #648 of 1882 Old 02-21-2012, 02:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I was adding it to the previous posters advice in regards to VUDU, which means you can not sell it either if you stream it Pay attention to whom I quoted
I guess for $16 I took a chance , knowing that if I didnt like it I was gonna be stuck with it lol

I am stuck with it, I cant sell it Just letting others know
post #649 of 1882 Old 02-21-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:

I am stuck with it, I cant sell it Just letting others know

We're in the same boat then
post #650 of 1882 Old 02-21-2012, 03:40 PM

Quote:

Like the snake for example, right?? Man, if you thought the Potato Cod fish scene from Imax's Under The Sea was out there, the snake from Sammy's Adventure was right in your face. I mean, it was just about touching your face! Awesome effect.

yes, the snake & the crab were really in your face, but the movie overall was popping out.

when i first saw this movie i couldn't get over how good the 3d is. im talking strictly 3d, not the story or anything.
post #651 of 1882 Old 02-22-2012, 12:49 AM

Do not see what the attraction is with Megamind - I though it was less than average. I have just under 50 3D BR's and would have to rate it in the bottom half for 3d.
post #652 of 1882 Old 02-22-2012, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajleske View Post

Do not see what the attraction is with Megamind - I though it was less than average. I have just under 50 3D BR's and would have to rate it in the bottom half for 3d.

Agreed. I'm not crazy about MegaMind either. Despicable Me and Monsters vs. Aliens are still my top two fave animated 3D movies.
post #653 of 1882 Old 02-22-2012, 12:02 PM

Liked: 16
I found this 3D YouTube video recently, and I highly recommend it for some fun pop-out. If you don't own a DLP, there might be a bit of ghosting thanks to YouTube's crappy compression, but it's still well worth it. I believe it's a theater commercial for some French gummies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f19YzSbXMOQ
post #654 of 1882 Old 02-22-2012, 01:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange11 View Post

I found this 3D YouTube video recently, and I highly recommend it for some fun pop-out. If you don't own a DLP, there might be a bit of ghosting thanks to YouTube's crappy compression, but it's still well worth it. I believe it's a theater commercial for some French gummies.

looks awesome even on my laptop ! Cant wait to check it out on my 120"
post #655 of 1882 Old 02-22-2012, 01:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 101
For you 3d gurus, can showing a 3d film in the wrong ar mess up its effects? Saw hugo last night and thought the film was 1.85 but the theater had it in 2.35. The effects seemed "distorted" on the sides of the screen (curve screen too)

No subwoofer I've heard has been able to produce the bass I've experienced in the Corps!

Must..stop...buying...every bluray release...
post #656 of 1882 Old 02-22-2012, 06:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Quote:

That's anaglyph 3D (for the red/green glasses), not like a true BR 3D. I was trying to figure out how that was going work over YouTube. LOL Fun, though, I'll have to dig up some cardboard glasses and try this via a YouTube applet on my BR, ATV or TV.

Haribo is the German company that invented gummi bears, and sells the original ones worldwide, but the commercial happens to be for the French market.
post #657 of 1882 Old 02-22-2012, 06:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalani View Post

That's anaglyph 3D (for the red/green glasses), not like a true BR 3D. I was trying to figure out how that was going work over YouTube. LOL Fun, though, I'll have to dig up some cardboard glasses and try this via a YouTube applet on my BR, ATV or TV.

Haribo is the German company that invented gummi bears, and sells the original ones worldwide, but the commercial happens to be for the French market.

Dude you need to click on the "3D" pop up menu of Youtube and select "cross-eyed" option which allows you to see in full color
post #658 of 1882 Old 02-22-2012, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalani View Post

The video is natively SBS. You just have your YouTube settings set to view all 3D videos in anaglyph mode. I usually rip the SBS videos to a flash drive and watch them on my PS3 in 3D, but my TV also has a YouTube app that works in 3D.
post #659 of 1882 Old 02-23-2012, 01:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Quote:

The video is natively SBS. You just have your YouTube settings set to view all 3D videos in anaglyph mode. I usually rip the SBS videos to a flash drive and watch them on my PS3 in 3D, but my TV also has a YouTube app that works in 3D.

Never watched anything in 3D on YouTube before, so that must be the default. I'll have to play with it, though, now that I know it's there. I wonder if the YouTube app in my Panny ST30 will show it correctly...
post #660 of 1882 Old 02-23-2012, 07:10 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

After reading the hype on Sammy's Adventure, I decided to buy it on Vudu. Unfortunately I'd have to agree with 2D3D on this movie. There was decent depth and pop-outs, but overall I was disappointed. Maybe I was expecting too much. Some of the 3D was, dare I say, distracting?

Under the Sea ( imho ) is so much better than this movie as a 3D demo. Depth, color, clarity, and pop-outs were much better. At times it was like having a live aquarium in your house...and nothing touches the Potato Cod scene as far as pop-out is concerned!
Reply 3D Content

Tags
Under The Sea Imax 3 D Blu Ray , Oz The Great And Powerful Blu Ray 3d Digital Copy , Rise Of The Guardians Blu Ray 3d , Star Trek Into Darkness Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , A Turtles Tale Sammys Adventures Blu Ray , Tron Legacy Tron The Original Classic Five Disc Combo Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Life Of Pi 3d Blu Ray , Jurassic Park 3d 3d Blu Ray Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy Ultraviolet , Blu Ray Movies , Ice Age Dawn Of The Dinosaurs Blu Ray 3d , Monsters Vs Aliens Blu Ray
Gear in this thread - Life by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page