Best 3d Bluray Movie so far????3d effects - Page 52 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1531 of 1882 Old 10-16-2013, 07:52 AM
Newbie
 
DJones410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mscibek View Post

Art of Flight is on NetFlix in 3d....just got done watching it.... =)

I started watching this last night but only got through the first 5-10 minutes. It just seemed like a long intro - at what point would you say the best 3D scenes occur?
DJones410 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1532 of 1882 Old 10-16-2013, 08:18 AM
Newbie
 
mscibek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Wichita Falls, TX
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJones410 View Post


I started watching this last night but only got through the first 5-10 minutes. It just seemed like a long intro - at what point would you say the best 3D scenes occur?

I went half way through it or so before the audio lag started bugging me the first time.  I didn't pay attention to where I picked it back up but the first 30 minutes or so, I want to say, had some cool stuff.  There are several scenes with them filming next to a guy and the snow spray looks cool.  The flights through the mountains are nice too.  I'm sure some others on here will be able to give you some more info on the times in the movie and better examples

mscibek is offline  
post #1533 of 1882 Old 10-16-2013, 11:40 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Josh Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Planet Boston, source of the spice, Melange.
Posts: 20,032
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Re: Art of Flight
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJones410 View Post

I started watching this last night but only got through the first 5-10 minutes. It just seemed like a long intro

The whole movie is like that. It has no narrative or structure or characters. It's just one long, seemingly endless montage of snowboarding stunt footage. What you see in the first 10 minutes is exactly what you'll continue to see for the next 70.

I watched this at the Dolby reference screening room at deafening volume with enough bass to kill a charging rhinoceros. It was just about the longest 80 minutes of my life. I felt like I'd been pummelled into a puddle of goo by Mike Tyson by the end of it.

Josh Z
Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
Curator, Laserdisc Forever

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.

Josh Z is online now  
post #1534 of 1882 Old 10-16-2013, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member
 
damelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Posts: 1,703
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsmith808 View Post

That countdown in the beginning of imax presentations is so fun! Never get tired of it!

Agree, it's pretty amazing. I did notice that the countdown before Gravity was a little different than the one I'm used to. Not much, but it ended different.
damelon is online now  
post #1535 of 1882 Old 10-16-2013, 11:49 AM
Newbie
 
mscibek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Wichita Falls, TX
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post

Re: Art of Flight
The whole movie is like that. It has no narrative or structure or characters. It's just one long, seemingly endless montage of snowboarding stunt footage. What you see in the first 10 minutes is exactly what you'll continue to see for the next 70.

I watched this at the Dolby reference screening room at deafening volume with enough bass to kill a charging rhinoceros. It was just about the longest 80 minutes of my life. I felt like I'd been pummelled into a puddle of goo by Mike Tyson by the end of it.

LMAO!!!   ah come on now, its not that bad.  I was just looking for the 3D stuff and the flights were cool I thought and the first person stuff was cool.  But I will admit it got a little old after awhile.

mscibek is offline  
post #1536 of 1882 Old 10-16-2013, 03:18 PM
AVS Special Member
 
TonyDP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,846
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 50
I can only take about 10 minutes of Art of Flight at a time; after that I quickly start to get drowsy. I've gotten thru about half the movie but feel little desire to finish it. The lack of a narrative or any kind of a goal makes it a very boring film for me. As far as the 3D, depth is good (especially the helicopter flybys thru the mountains) but there are a lot of examples of snow and ice being sprayed towards the camera yet never seeming to break the plane of the screen and to me that was a big missed opportunity to further immerse the viewer into the movie.
TonyDP is offline  
post #1537 of 1882 Old 10-16-2013, 08:08 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,994
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 416
Good to hear Art of Flight has good 3d depth at least. Funny reading the last few posts as AoF is one of my favorite blus! tongue.gif I am (was) a snowboarder which I guess helps and I am just glued to the screen for the entire run time. What these guys do on snowboards is absolutely insane. I think both the audio and video are incredible and I am looking forward to seeing the 3d. You guys are right though, this is pure snowboard porn which is not for everyone apparently which is fine of course. Personally, I can't get enough of my 2d disc and it never gets old. cool.gif Different strokes though and its all good.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Toe is online now  
post #1538 of 1882 Old 10-17-2013, 04:44 AM
Advanced Member
 
CheYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 613
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 50
I'd have to agree about Madagascar 3 being the best out there. Rise of The Guardians is another one of my favorites along with The Great Gatsby.

CheYC is offline  
post #1539 of 1882 Old 10-17-2013, 08:00 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Jedi2016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,432
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Pacific Rim's pretty damned good. There's not a lot of pop-out given the scale, but it's very well executed otherwise.

Welcome to Rivendell, Mister Anderson.
Jedi2016 is offline  
post #1540 of 1882 Old 10-17-2013, 09:08 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Josh Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Planet Boston, source of the spice, Melange.
Posts: 20,032
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by mscibek View Post

LMAO!!!   ah come on now, its not that bad.  I was just looking for the 3D stuff and the flights were cool I thought and the first person stuff was cool.  But I will admit it got a little old after awhile.

Like TonyDP says, it's a fine demo disc if you break it up into small chunks. But sitting through the whole thing in one go quickly becomes tedious, IMO.

Josh Z
Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
Curator, Laserdisc Forever

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.

Josh Z is online now  
post #1541 of 1882 Old 10-17-2013, 09:30 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,994
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 416
Pacific Rim had some suprisingly great and consistent 3d depth, and even a few pop moments here and there. Great 3d title IMO!

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Toe is online now  
post #1542 of 1882 Old 10-17-2013, 09:58 PM
Member
 
peterfram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Kirkland, WA
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

Pacific Rim had some suprisingly great and consistent 3d depth, and even a few pop moments here and there. Great 3d title IMO!

Not IMO, it was too dark most of the time. Hollow empty script, half assed acting and simply painful and fatiguing to watch. One total failure of a movie. Clearly something upset Guillermo del Toro enough for him to let the movie fail in nearly every way. Nice sound editing, but nothing else worth your time here. Don't ever spend a dollar to watch this crap.
ferl, eyalas and old corps like this.
peterfram is offline  
post #1543 of 1882 Old 10-17-2013, 10:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
phildaant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: An Ant Farm
Posts: 2,499
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterfram View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

Pacific Rim had some suprisingly great and consistent 3d depth, and even a few pop moments here and there. Great 3d title IMO!

Not IMO, it was too dark most of the time. Hollow empty script, half assed acting and simply painful and fatiguing to watch. One total failure of a movie. Clearly something upset Guillermo del Toro enough for him to let the movie fail in nearly every way. Nice sound editing, but nothing else worth your time here. Don't ever spend a dollar to watch this crap.
So visually for 3D not worth seeing even if too dark? Let's ignore the script, bad actings, etc. We know this movie is action based and not supposed to be one of the best movies.
phildaant is online now  
post #1544 of 1882 Old 10-17-2013, 10:45 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,994
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterfram View Post

Not IMO, it was too dark most of the time. Hollow empty script, half assed acting and simply painful and fatiguing to watch. One total failure of a movie. Clearly something upset Guillermo del Toro enough for him to let the movie fail in nearly every way. Nice sound editing, but nothing else worth your time here. Don't ever spend a dollar to watch this crap.

Totally disagree. This puppy is a FUN check your brain HT thrill ride and pretends to be nothing more. If you don't have a rockin system though, you are missing a huge part of what makes this one great. 3d was certainly not too dark at all in my setup using a BenQ 7000, 2.8 9' wide HP screen......looked fantastic. What display are you using?

This disc is great HT fun and a great buy. I have watched it twice since Tues and it was great in both 2d and 3d, but 3d is the way to go between the two if you can.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Toe is online now  
post #1545 of 1882 Old 10-17-2013, 10:45 PM
Member
 
peterfram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Kirkland, WA
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Why not see a good movie with better 3D? There are so many. Really, to me anyway, the visual things I wanted to see were all too dark throughout the movie. It was as if they were cutting corners in special effects. I had high expectations for Guillermo del Toro and felt he was either constrained by budget, schedule, or some other movie politics. He didn't even try to make this movie visually satisfactory IMO. Sure, some shots were good, but much of the detail your eyes wanted to see was hidden by shadows through the majority of the movie. A few shots just ain't enough to satisfy me. I just think it lacked enough to not be worthy of recommending in any situation. They really could have done better. Something about this project lead to a significant underachievement in movie making for whatever reason. It's happened before and it will happen again. I don't like to reward poor performance by recommending other people to spend their hard earned money on it.
peterfram is offline  
post #1546 of 1882 Old 10-17-2013, 11:00 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,994
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 416
Sounds to me like you have a display issue. This transfer looked incredible on my calibrated JVC in 2d and looked fantastic on my 7000 in 3d as well.

To me this is a good movie IF watching on a good system which again is needed to get the full experience as this one relies heavily on the A/V factor which is huge. Amazing special effects/visuals and one of the best 3d movies on the format. The movie is meant to be a FUN action romp and it delivers from that perspective. What exactly were you expecting?

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Toe is online now  
post #1547 of 1882 Old 10-18-2013, 05:05 AM
AVS Special Member
 
phildaant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: An Ant Farm
Posts: 2,499
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterfram View Post

Why not see a good movie with better 3D? There are so many. Really, to me anyway, the visual things I wanted to see were all too dark throughout the movie. It was as if they were cutting corners in special effects. I had high expectations for Guillermo del Toro and felt he was either constrained by budget, schedule, or some other movie politics. He didn't even try to make this movie visually satisfactory IMO. Sure, some shots were good, but much of the detail your eyes wanted to see was hidden by shadows through the majority of the movie. A few shots just ain't enough to satisfy me. I just think it lacked enough to not be worthy of recommending in any situation. They really could have done better. Something about this project lead to a significant underachievement in movie making for whatever reason. It's happened before and it will happen again. I don't like to reward poor performance by recommending other people to spend their hard earned money on it.
Which 3D movies do you recommend on BR discs then?
phildaant is online now  
post #1548 of 1882 Old 10-18-2013, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Jedi2016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,432
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterfram View Post

Really, to me anyway, the visual things I wanted to see were all too dark throughout the movie. It was as if they were cutting corners in special effects.
Are you talking about the Blu-ray or the theatrical release? I never saw it in theaters, but the review on HDD said the theatrical release was dark as hell, as you describe, but the BD was significantly brighter and easier to see than it was in theaters (apparently the 3D version has even been brightened over the 2D version to compensate for the dimming from the glasses). So if you can suffer through the "horrible mess" that is a movie about giant robots fighting giant monsters (seriously... what were you expecting?), then maybe you want to give this one another go.

Welcome to Rivendell, Mister Anderson.
Jedi2016 is offline  
post #1549 of 1882 Old 10-18-2013, 10:10 AM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,994
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi2016 View Post

Are you talking about the Blu-ray or the theatrical release? I never saw it in theaters, but the review on HDD said the theatrical release was dark as hell, as you describe, but the BD was significantly brighter and easier to see than it was in theaters (apparently the 3D version has even been brightened over the 2D version to compensate for the dimming from the glasses). So if you can suffer through the "horrible mess" that is a movie about giant robots fighting giant monsters (seriously... what were you expecting?), then maybe you want to give this one another go.

Oh, was he commenting on the theatrical experience? I cant comment to that and obviously this is going to depend on the theater you watched it in to a large degree. My comments are ALL in relation to the actual blu ray as I never watched this in the theater.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Toe is online now  
post #1550 of 1882 Old 10-18-2013, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Jedi2016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,432
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Maybe, I don't know. I only brought it up because HDD mentioned it in their review, that the 3D presentation in the theater was really dark and hard to make out details, which is pretty much what Peter's saying.

I didn't have any problems with brightness when I watched the BD the other day.

Welcome to Rivendell, Mister Anderson.
Jedi2016 is offline  
post #1551 of 1882 Old 10-18-2013, 05:10 PM
Newbie
 
alipas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I saw Pacific Rim in theater in IMAX 3d, not happy, it was dark, it also was shot a very up close shots. Have seen 3d IMAX in very same theater and great viewing, so it was this film also I rented it and watched on my tv, same, dark too much close ups, not good movie period.
alipas is offline  
post #1552 of 1882 Old 10-18-2013, 07:57 PM
Advanced Member
 
ferl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 687
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by alipas View Post

I saw Pacific Rim in theater in IMAX 3d, not happy, it was dark, it also was shot a very up close shots. Have seen 3d IMAX in very same theater and great viewing, so it was this film also I rented it and watched on my tv, same, dark too much close ups, not good movie period.

I watched this at home this afternoon and didn't find the movie too dark at all. I found the conversion to be a bit overdone for my taste. It was like they wouldn't let you get into the movie and force fed you the unnatural looking 3D. Fortunately they weren't poking crap at you constantly. As far as the movie, I'm a fan of sci-fi and I almost could not finish the movie. For this movie you can't just check your brain at the door, you need a lobotomy and then check it at the door.

ferl is offline  
post #1553 of 1882 Old 10-20-2013, 04:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
TonyDP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,846
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 50
I watched Pacific Rim on 3D BluRay as well. I've posted more extensive impressions over in the the film's own 3D thread (http://www.avsforum.com/t/1495526/pacific-rim-wow-get-this) but I had no issues at all with brightness or quality of 3D on my displays. I never had trouble making out what was happening on screen and the 3D exhibited outstanding depth and composition for nearly all of its running time. I hate "subtle" 3D and happily (for me at least) Pacific Rim never lets you forget that you are watching a 3D movie.

As to the film itself, its a summer popcorn film who's premise is giant robots duking it out with giant monsters. Nothing particularly high concept here and as such I think the story and acting are just fine given the subject matter.
Rudy1 likes this.
TonyDP is offline  
post #1554 of 1882 Old 10-22-2013, 07:02 AM
Member
 
hyperslug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Interesting story on Gravity in 3D. As I previously posted, seeing it in Imax 3D was my best 3D experience ever.

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2013/10/gravity-future-3d-movies/
hyperslug is offline  
post #1555 of 1882 Old 10-22-2013, 07:19 AM
Advanced Member
 
tuffluck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 519
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cla55clown View Post

Tuffluck where can I get a copy of the art of flight in 3D? Im not seeing it on Amazon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi2016 View Post

It's on Netflix 3D, isn't it? I might have to check that one out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJones410 View Post

I started watching this last night but only got through the first 5-10 minutes. It just seemed like a long intro - at what point would you say the best 3D scenes occur?

You can buy it here, don't know anything about this site, but it came up on a google search:

http://www.grooves-inc.com/morgan-curt-art-flight-version-ksm-gmbh-blray-pZZa1-1898191545.html?language=en&currency=USD&utm_source=froogle_us&utm_campaign=froogle_us&gclid=CKCz5JrQqroCFYxAMgoddWYAaA

Also I am not sure I've finished the entire Art of Flight movie myself either, ha. But it really is fun to watch for 30 minutes or so. Most people that I show it to enjoy that one more than several other 3d films I have because the music is pretty cool, snowboarding is always fun, and it is visually quite stunning both in terms of the real landscape and the 3d. It's not going to have a movie's intensity or anything, but you could probably fast forward through it (if you own it) and see that there are some really fun parts to watch. I could see how it would be hard to find the cool parts on Netflix since their fast forwarding isn't simple.
tuffluck is offline  
post #1556 of 1882 Old 10-22-2013, 08:06 AM
Member
 
Cla55clown's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Durham, North Carolina
Posts: 155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffluck View Post



You can buy it here, don't know anything about this site, but it came up on a google search:

http://www.grooves-inc.com/morgan-curt-art-flight-version-ksm-gmbh-blray-pZZa1-1898191545.html?language=en&currency=USD&utm_source=froogle_us&utm_campaign=froogle_us&gclid=CKCz5JrQqroCFYxAMgoddWYAaA

Also I am not sure I've finished the entire Art of Flight movie myself either, ha. But it really is fun to watch for 30 minutes or so. Most people that I show it to enjoy that one more than several other 3d films I have because the music is pretty cool, snowboarding is always fun, and it is visually quite stunning both in terms of the real landscape and the 3d. It's not going to have a movie's intensity or anything, but you could probably fast forward through it (if you own it) and see that there are some really fun parts to watch. I could see how it would be hard to find the cool parts on Netflix since their fast forwarding isn't simple.

Thanks, I finally found it on my Sony S5100 Blu-Ray player Netflix app in glorious 3D. I thought the quality was exceptional and done very well for the genre. Being a Colorado and winter sports person I'm sure I enjoyed it more than others. I'm used to seeing a live screening of Warren Miller's yearly release so this flick is right up my alley (would only be better if it were skiers instead of "knuckle-draggers"). I recommend anyone check it out if only to demo their 3D set-up for 15 minutes or so.
Cla55clown is offline  
post #1557 of 1882 Old 10-22-2013, 08:44 AM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,994
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cla55clown View Post

Thanks, I finally found it on my Sony S5100 Blu-Ray player Netflix app in glorious 3D. I thought the quality was exceptional and done very well for the genre. Being a Colorado and winter sports person I'm sure I enjoyed it more than others. I'm used to seeing a live screening of Warren Miller's yearly release so this flick is right up my alley (would only be better if it were skiers instead of "knuckle-draggers"). I recommend anyone check it out if only to demo their 3D set-up for 15 minutes or so.


Hey, hey, HEY!!!!!!! I'm a Colorado "knuckle-dragger"..........we can all be friends bro! tongue.gif

Warren Miller films are great. The year I went and worked as a lift op up in Big Sky Montana which was the 96-97 season I believe, the WM film that came out that year featured Big Sky in one of the segments and the new Lone Peak Tram that was brand new and went to the top of the main peak. My boss was interviewed in the film which was a trip to see!

It is fun seeing AoF in 3d and it makes me want to pick up the actual 3d blu ray at some point if I ever get around to doing the region free mod on my Oppo. The quality is very good on Netflix and better than I expected, but still is not quite up to par with the actual blu I am sure. It would be great to have the full lossless audio as well which we cant get from Netflix.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Toe is online now  
post #1558 of 1882 Old 10-22-2013, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
cakefoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 1,825
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperslug View Post

Interesting story on Gravity in 3D. As I previously posted, seeing it in Imax 3D was my best 3D experience ever.

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2013/10/gravity-future-3d-movies/
Read the user comments. Wired readers are idiots.

My Videos

A movie with good 3D does not necessarily equal a good 3D movie!

cakefoo is offline  
post #1559 of 1882 Old 10-22-2013, 11:19 AM
Member
 
Cla55clown's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Durham, North Carolina
Posts: 155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

Hey, hey, HEY!!!!!!! I'm a Colorado "knuckle-dragger"..........we can all be friends bro! tongue.gif

No offense intended Toe. Half of my friends are 'boarders and my fiancee even snowboards AND skis. We always kid each other about what platform we choose. It's all good just hate waitin' on you guys to fasten your bindings when we get off the lift. I've seen some snowboarders really rip it up in the backcountry!

Saw Avatar, Jurassic Park, and Prometheus all 3D for $20 a piece at BB the other day. Is that a good price for those titles?
Cla55clown is offline  
post #1560 of 1882 Old 10-22-2013, 11:21 AM
Member
 
Cla55clown's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Durham, North Carolina
Posts: 155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefoo View Post

Read the user comments. Wired readers are idiots.

Hey, HEY!!! I'm a Wired reader!
phildaant likes this.
Cla55clown is offline  
Reply 3D Content

Tags
Under The Sea Imax 3 D Blu Ray , Oz The Great And Powerful Blu Ray 3d Digital Copy , Rise Of The Guardians Blu Ray 3d , Star Trek Into Darkness Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , A Turtles Tale Sammys Adventures Blu Ray , Tron Legacy Tron The Original Classic Five Disc Combo Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Life Of Pi 3d Blu Ray , Jurassic Park 3d 3d Blu Ray Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy Ultraviolet , Blu Ray Movies , Ice Age Dawn Of The Dinosaurs Blu Ray 3d , Monsters Vs Aliens Blu Ray
Gear in this thread - Life by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off