Best 3d Bluray Movie so far????3d effects - Page 64 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
First ... 62  63  64 65  66  ... Last
3D Content > Best 3d Bluray Movie so far????3d effects
Toe's Avatar Toe 07:45 PM 09-16-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by phildaant View Post
Did the snails look grosser in 3D? :P
Yes they did!

phildaant's Avatar phildaant 07:46 PM 09-16-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
Yes they did!
I think I will pass.
Seihaku's Avatar Seihaku 06:35 PM 09-22-2014
I imported Mr. Peabody and Sherman in 3D for my cousin's kid who is a big fan (his birthday was at the beginning of this month) and that has some of the best 3D I've seen thus far on a home theater setup (projector, hd131xe) It's bright, vivid, colorful and the depth is absolutely astounding on it -- felt like I could walk into the movie, the roads look like they stretch forever.

Highly recommend checking it out once it hits BD in the states/uk next month.
Chris Dotur's Avatar Chris Dotur 02:25 PM 02-10-2015
I appreciate this thread, even many years after it was begun, as I just finally upgraded my projector to a 3D capable model, and want to get a bunch of material to have fun with it.
Anthony1's Avatar Anthony1 06:49 PM 02-12-2015
Has there been any recent movies in 3D that are really impressive ? I haven't watch a 3D Blu Ray in a long time. The only place near me that rent's them charges like 6 bucks, and is spotty on the selection. I know there is some online rental places, but haven't tried them out yet..

I wish Redbox had more 3D versions. Sometimes they will have a 3D version by accident, heh..
NODES's Avatar NODES 06:54 PM 02-12-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post
Has there been any recent movies in 3D that are really impressive ? I haven't watch a 3D Blu Ray in a long time. The only place near me that rent's them charges like 6 bucks, and is spotty on the selection. I know there is some online rental places, but haven't tried them out yet..

I wish Redbox had more 3D versions. Sometimes they will have a 3D version by accident, heh..

Maleficent and Hugo are the best ones I have seen.
mars5l 06:55 PM 02-12-2015
Gravity is amazing.
Toe's Avatar Toe 06:49 AM 02-13-2015
Quote:

Have you seen Guardians of the Galaxy? Best most recent 3d title I have seen.
Chris Dotur's Avatar Chris Dotur 08:48 AM 02-13-2015
Just got Gravity on 3D in the mail from Amazon today. The new version coming out next month has Atmos, but no 3D which is disappointing. Really wanted to try out both.
turls's Avatar turls 09:15 AM 02-13-2015
Quote:
Its not an accident, it would be whenever there is no other choice such as when one disc has both 2D and 3D.
Chris Dotur's Avatar Chris Dotur 01:48 PM 02-24-2015
Last night I scored what I consider to be a MASSIVE home theater find. I'm adding 3D and some other capabilities to my theater. Found out that the Art of Flight was also released in 3D in limited markets. Can't find it here in the US. But I got on eBay and, following a hunch based on some research, ordered the German 3D Blu-Ray from Europe. Sure enough, it showed up last night in the mail, Region 2. The case, menus, and movie are all in German.

HOWEVER...

It can't be only Region 2 in reality, because it plays on my PS3 and PS4. (and those aren't region-free, unless I missed something) AND, a secondary audio track includes English DTS-MA 7.1.

So, I just put up with the menus in German, (and ignore the outer case) and I get this movie now in 3D and lossless 7.1 audio! Only Dolby Atmos (or upcoming DTS format) would make it any better. Haven't given it the full run-through yet, but just checking out a few scenes, I'm ASTOUNDED. Incredible depth on outdoor mountain shots. You can see the individual snowboarder or helicopter drop off a cliff and track in 3D against the rocks.

This 2D Blu Ray movie was a must-buy, top demo material, for any serious home theater enthusiast before. But now, 3D has taken it to a whole new level. This is solidly my #1 demo disc, head and shoulders above anything else. Enthusiasts, ignore this one at your own loss.

(this picture is from the Australia release)
Toe's Avatar Toe 07:16 PM 02-24-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Dotur View Post
Last night I scored what I consider to be a MASSIVE home theater find. I'm adding 3D and some other capabilities to my theater. Found out that the Art of Flight was also released in 3D in limited markets. Can't find it here in the US. But I got on eBay and, following a hunch based on some research, ordered the German 3D Blu-Ray from Europe. Sure enough, it showed up last night in the mail, Region 2. The case, menus, and movie are all in German.

HOWEVER...

It can't be only Region 2 in reality, because it plays on my PS3 and PS4. (and those aren't region-free, unless I missed something) AND, a secondary audio track includes English DTS-MA 7.1.

So, I just put up with the menus in German, (and ignore the outer case) and I get this movie now in 3D and lossless 7.1 audio! Only Dolby Atmos (or upcoming DTS format) would make it any better. Haven't given it the full run-through yet, but just checking out a few scenes, I'm ASTOUNDED. Incredible depth on outdoor mountain shots. You can see the individual snowboarder or helicopter drop off a cliff and track in 3D against the rocks.

This 2D Blu Ray movie was a must-buy, top demo material, for any serious home theater enthusiast before. But now, 3D has taken it to a whole new level. This is solidly my #1 demo disc, head and shoulders above anything else. Enthusiasts, ignore this one at your own loss.

(this picture is from the Australia release)
So this will definitely play in region A players? I LOVE, LOVE the 2d disc which I have watched many times and would LOVE to get the 3d, but have never imported it due to the fact that I thought it was region locked. If this will play in my region A player I am all over it!
mars5l 07:35 PM 02-24-2015
isnt that on netflix or ultraflix? I swear ultraflix had the 4k version
Toe's Avatar Toe 07:38 PM 02-24-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5l View Post
isnt that on netflix or ultraflix? I swear ultraflix had the 4k version
I know Netflix had (has?) the 3d version available for streaming which I checked out part of, but would love to have this in full blu ray quality.
Chris Dotur's Avatar Chris Dotur 09:47 PM 02-24-2015
Quote:
So this will definitely play in region A players? I LOVE, LOVE the 2d disc which I have watched many times and would LOVE to get the 3d, but have never imported it due to the fact that I thought it was region locked. If this will play in my region A player I am all over it!
I can't make any guarantee for others. But I can definitely say that the German language "Region 2" 3D Blu Ray of Art of Flight I received plays on my Region 1/A Playstation 3 and Playstation 4. I see that the Italian 3D version is now available from third parties on Amazon.com. If I were still looking for this product, I'd consider taking a chance on it.
WheelHoss1's Avatar WheelHoss1 10:43 PM 02-24-2015
Some recommendations from a 3D fanatic (you should bear in mind that recent post-converted releases can rival almost any native 3D presentation):

• Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
• Pacific Rim
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
• Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2
• Man of Steel
• Hobbit Trilogy
• Life of Pi

All of these are great 3D experiences with great stories to boot.
scotty144's Avatar scotty144 02:14 PM 03-12-2015
I watched Exodus: Gods and Kings last night and I have to say that it has some of the best 3D (before and after the screen) effects I have seen to date. I was hesitant as the movie has received some pretty bad reviews but was surprised how the entire effort sucked me in and held me thoroughly entertained.
steamboat's Avatar steamboat 02:04 AM 03-13-2015
Kung Fu Panda 1&2
film113's Avatar film113 10:26 AM 03-13-2015
You want pop-outs? The upcoming 3D RARITIES might just end up being the king of the hill. Below is an advance look (which I found on another site and reposting here.)

The breadth of material is remarkable - ranging from shorts as early as 1922 and going up to the animated Boo Moon, featuring Casper the Friendly Ghost. Some of these films have been shown at the 3-D Expos in California and Suffern, NY, but a lot of it is making its debut here. Having personally run some of these on dual-35mm projectors (and also having seen many of them on 35mm and earlier test video transfers) I can say with absolute confidence that they have never looked better. Bob's technical director Greg Kintz has performed, literally, miracles with some of the faded and mis-aligned footage. With so much on-board I can only recount a few highlights, one being a terrific "Pennsylvania Railroad" promotional piece, another being the best-ever version of the stop-motion "Motor Rhythm." Test footage from the Lumiere Brothers is here along with American pioneers, four Norman McLaren animated shorts licensed from the National Film Board of Canada (presented in stereophonic sound), "Sam Space," Marciano vs. Walcott title fight, trailers, "Doom Town," burlesque, Slick Slaven, Beany & Cecil, etc. etc. An embarrassment of riches.

Nearly 2 1/2 hours long, this program is an essential addition to the collection of anyone interested in vintage 3-D films. Plus there's bonus material including audio commentary by Jack Theakston and Thad K. on several shorts, ViewMaster reels, comics, and even footage directed by Francis Ford Coppola.

NOTE: Fans of 3-D "Pop-Out" should play portions of this disc every single time they fire up their systems: tons of off-screen effects are present. And almost all of it better than anything you'll see in a modern 3-D film.
pixel8's Avatar pixel8 06:23 PM 03-16-2015
Finally got myself a 3D display ... LG 55" 3D LED (55LA6200)

Quickly demo'ed few movie scenes and the following are my immediate reviews :

Beautiful PQ and clean 3D :
Pacific Rim
Guardians of the Galaxy
Hobbit 1, 2, 3
Gravity
Epic (just about all animation movies)
Transformers age of extinction
Avengers
Life of Pi
Man of steel
Tron Legacy
Sin city dame to kill for

Average 3D:
Toy story 3
Frozen
Big hero 6

Not impressed PQ and dizzying 3D depth/details :
Edge of Tomorrow
Thor 2
How to train a dragon 2
ki11abee's Avatar ki11abee 12:17 AM 03-17-2015
Just saw flying swords of dragons gate. Wow the 3D is just jaw dropping. And that sword fighting genre is my fav to top it off!! Must see!!
Toe's Avatar Toe 04:59 AM 03-17-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by ki11abee View Post
Just saw flying swords of dragons gate. Wow the 3D is just jaw dropping. And that sword fighting genre is my fav to top it off!! Must see!!
Agreed! Still probably the best live action movie 3d I have seen.

The Lichtmond series has fantastic 3d. Tons of pop out and excellent depth as well. Some of the most aggressive 3d out there and the audio is well recorded/mixed on top of it(although it is a LOT of fun to put your own music to these).
NorthSky's Avatar NorthSky 03:46 PM 03-17-2015
Quote:
Just saw Flying Swords of Dragons Gate. Wow the 3D is just jaw dropping. And that sword fighting genre is my fav to top it off!! Must see!!
Quote:
Agreed! Still probably the best live action movie 3d I have seen.

The Lichtmond series has fantastic 3d. Tons of pop out and excellent depth as well. Some of the most aggressive 3d out there and the audio is well recorded/mixed on top of it(although it is a LOT of fun to put your own music to these).
Thank you thank you thank you! <<< It's now on my Must Have list of 3D BR. >>>

______

You Tube

grubadub's Avatar grubadub 08:21 AM 03-19-2015
Quote:
i'll have to check it out then. i just watched The Desolation of Smaug. outside of some pretty good scenes with the dragon, nothing too special there.
Larry Geller's Avatar Larry Geller 12:43 PM 03-19-2015
Kiss Me Kate is now out & takes the prize as best ever.
old corps's Avatar old corps 07:22 PM 03-19-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Geller View Post
Kiss Me Kate is now out & takes the prize as best ever.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion Larry but for the wife & I it was pretty poor and she loves musicals. LONG way from "Best 3D Bluray Movie So Far". They did an outstanding job overhauling it but it was plain boring & we do appreciate older classic movies. JMHO
Nothing personal, glad you enjoyed it!

Ed
Larry Geller's Avatar Larry Geller 12:26 AM 03-20-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps View Post
You are certainly entitled to your opinion Larry but for the wife & I it was pretty poor and she loves musicals. LONG way from "Best 3D Bluray Movie So Far". They did an outstanding job overhauling it but it was plain boring & we do appreciate older classic movies. JMHO
Nothing personal, glad you enjoyed it!

Ed
I didn't mean best MOVIE. I meant best quality 3-D. I do, however, love the movie, also.
NorthSky's Avatar NorthSky 12:36 AM 03-20-2015
Kate Perry?
old corps's Avatar old corps 05:17 AM 03-20-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthSky View Post
Kate Perry?

Uh, no...............

Kate is a character in the movie, released in 1953.

Ed
old corps's Avatar old corps 05:20 AM 03-20-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Geller View Post
I didn't mean best MOVIE. I meant best quality 3-D. I do, however, love the movie, also.

Ahh, I agree the 3D was excellent as well as the overall picture quality!

Ed
Tags: Under The Sea Imax 3 D Blu Ray , Oz The Great And Powerful Blu Ray 3d Digital Copy , Rise Of The Guardians Blu Ray 3d , Star Trek Into Darkness Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , A Turtles Tale Sammys Adventures Blu Ray , Tron Legacy Tron The Original Classic Five Disc Combo Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Life Of Pi 3d Blu Ray , Jurassic Park 3d 3d Blu Ray Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy Ultraviolet , Blu Ray Movies , Ice Age Dawn Of The Dinosaurs Blu Ray 3d , Monsters Vs Aliens Blu Ray
First ... 62  63  64 65  66  ... Last

Up