Best 3d Bluray Movie so far????3d effects - Page 64 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
Reply
Thread Tools
post #1891 of 1906 Old 09-16-2014, 08:45 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,581
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 436 Post(s)
Liked: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by phildaant View Post
Did the snails look grosser in 3D? :P
Yes they did!
phildaant likes this.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Toe is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1892 of 1906 Old 09-16-2014, 08:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
phildaant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: An Ant Farm
Posts: 3,033
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 451 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
Yes they did!
I think I will pass.
phildaant is offline  
post #1893 of 1906 Old 09-22-2014, 07:35 PM
Member
 
Seihaku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 95
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I imported Mr. Peabody and Sherman in 3D for my cousin's kid who is a big fan (his birthday was at the beginning of this month) and that has some of the best 3D I've seen thus far on a home theater setup (projector, hd131xe) It's bright, vivid, colorful and the depth is absolutely astounding on it -- felt like I could walk into the movie, the roads look like they stretch forever.

Highly recommend checking it out once it hits BD in the states/uk next month.
mo949 likes this.
Seihaku is offline  
post #1894 of 1906 Old 02-10-2015, 03:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Chris Dotur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Greater Alaska
Posts: 445
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I appreciate this thread, even many years after it was begun, as I just finally upgraded my projector to a 3D capable model, and want to get a bunch of material to have fun with it.
Chris Dotur is online now  
post #1895 of 1906 Old 02-12-2015, 07:49 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Anthony1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Posts: 6,168
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Has there been any recent movies in 3D that are really impressive ? I haven't watch a 3D Blu Ray in a long time. The only place near me that rent's them charges like 6 bucks, and is spotty on the selection. I know there is some online rental places, but haven't tried them out yet..

I wish Redbox had more 3D versions. Sometimes they will have a 3D version by accident, heh..
Anthony1 is online now  
post #1896 of 1906 Old 02-12-2015, 07:54 PM
AVS Special Member
 
NODES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,162
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 337 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post
Has there been any recent movies in 3D that are really impressive ? I haven't watch a 3D Blu Ray in a long time. The only place near me that rent's them charges like 6 bucks, and is spotty on the selection. I know there is some online rental places, but haven't tried them out yet..

I wish Redbox had more 3D versions. Sometimes they will have a 3D version by accident, heh..

Maleficent and Hugo are the best ones I have seen.

Who needs 4K?... just go see your optometrist.
NODES is offline  
post #1897 of 1906 Old 02-12-2015, 07:55 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: florida
Posts: 192
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Gravity is amazing.
mars5l is online now  
post #1898 of 1906 Old 02-13-2015, 07:49 AM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,581
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 436 Post(s)
Liked: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post
Has there been any recent movies in 3D that are really impressive ? I haven't watch a 3D Blu Ray in a long time. The only place near me that rent's them charges like 6 bucks, and is spotty on the selection. I know there is some online rental places, but haven't tried them out yet..

I wish Redbox had more 3D versions. Sometimes they will have a 3D version by accident, heh..
Have you seen Guardians of the Galaxy? Best most recent 3d title I have seen.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Toe is online now  
post #1899 of 1906 Old 02-13-2015, 09:48 AM
Senior Member
 
Chris Dotur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Greater Alaska
Posts: 445
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Just got Gravity on 3D in the mail from Amazon today. The new version coming out next month has Atmos, but no 3D which is disappointing. Really wanted to try out both.
Chris Dotur is online now  
post #1900 of 1906 Old 02-13-2015, 10:15 AM
AVS Special Member
 
turls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Central IL
Posts: 4,771
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post
I wish Redbox had more 3D versions. Sometimes they will have a 3D version by accident, heh..
Its not an accident, it would be whenever there is no other choice such as when one disc has both 2D and 3D.

Matt
turls is offline  
post #1901 of 1906 Old Today, 02:48 PM
Senior Member
 
Chris Dotur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Greater Alaska
Posts: 445
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Last night I scored what I consider to be a MASSIVE home theater find. I'm adding 3D and some other capabilities to my theater. Found out that the Art of Flight was also released in 3D in limited markets. Can't find it here in the US. But I got on eBay and, following a hunch based on some research, ordered the German 3D Blu-Ray from Europe. Sure enough, it showed up last night in the mail, Region 2. The case, menus, and movie are all in German.

HOWEVER...

It can't be only Region 2 in reality, because it plays on my PS3 and PS4. (and those aren't region-free, unless I missed something) AND, a secondary audio track includes English DTS-MA 7.1.

So, I just put up with the menus in German, (and ignore the outer case) and I get this movie now in 3D and lossless 7.1 audio! Only Dolby Atmos (or upcoming DTS format) would make it any better. Haven't given it the full run-through yet, but just checking out a few scenes, I'm ASTOUNDED. Incredible depth on outdoor mountain shots. You can see the individual snowboarder or helicopter drop off a cliff and track in 3D against the rocks.

This 2D Blu Ray movie was a must-buy, top demo material, for any serious home theater enthusiast before. But now, 3D has taken it to a whole new level. This is solidly my #1 demo disc, head and shoulders above anything else. Enthusiasts, ignore this one at your own loss.



(this picture is from the Australia release)
Chris Dotur is online now  
post #1902 of 1906 Old Today, 08:16 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,581
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 436 Post(s)
Liked: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Dotur View Post
Last night I scored what I consider to be a MASSIVE home theater find. I'm adding 3D and some other capabilities to my theater. Found out that the Art of Flight was also released in 3D in limited markets. Can't find it here in the US. But I got on eBay and, following a hunch based on some research, ordered the German 3D Blu-Ray from Europe. Sure enough, it showed up last night in the mail, Region 2. The case, menus, and movie are all in German.

HOWEVER...

It can't be only Region 2 in reality, because it plays on my PS3 and PS4. (and those aren't region-free, unless I missed something) AND, a secondary audio track includes English DTS-MA 7.1.

So, I just put up with the menus in German, (and ignore the outer case) and I get this movie now in 3D and lossless 7.1 audio! Only Dolby Atmos (or upcoming DTS format) would make it any better. Haven't given it the full run-through yet, but just checking out a few scenes, I'm ASTOUNDED. Incredible depth on outdoor mountain shots. You can see the individual snowboarder or helicopter drop off a cliff and track in 3D against the rocks.

This 2D Blu Ray movie was a must-buy, top demo material, for any serious home theater enthusiast before. But now, 3D has taken it to a whole new level. This is solidly my #1 demo disc, head and shoulders above anything else. Enthusiasts, ignore this one at your own loss.



(this picture is from the Australia release)
So this will definitely play in region A players? I LOVE, LOVE the 2d disc which I have watched many times and would LOVE to get the 3d, but have never imported it due to the fact that I thought it was region locked. If this will play in my region A player I am all over it!

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Toe is online now  
post #1903 of 1906 Unread Today, 08:35 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: florida
Posts: 192
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 21
isnt that on netflix or ultraflix? I swear ultraflix had the 4k version
mars5l is online now  
post #1904 of 1906 Unread Today, 08:38 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,581
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 436 Post(s)
Liked: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5l View Post
isnt that on netflix or ultraflix? I swear ultraflix had the 4k version
I know Netflix had (has?) the 3d version available for streaming which I checked out part of, but would love to have this in full blu ray quality.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Toe is online now  
post #1905 of 1906 Unread Today, 10:47 PM
Senior Member
 
Chris Dotur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Greater Alaska
Posts: 445
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
So this will definitely play in region A players? I LOVE, LOVE the 2d disc which I have watched many times and would LOVE to get the 3d, but have never imported it due to the fact that I thought it was region locked. If this will play in my region A player I am all over it!
I can't make any guarantee for others. But I can definitely say that the German language "Region 2" 3D Blu Ray of Art of Flight I received plays on my Region 1/A Playstation 3 and Playstation 4. I see that the Italian 3D version is now available from third parties on Amazon.com. If I were still looking for this product, I'd consider taking a chance on it.
Chris Dotur is online now  
post #1906 of 1906 Unread Today, 11:43 PM
Senior Member
 
WheelHoss1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 294
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Some recommendations from a 3D fanatic (you should bear in mind that recent post-converted releases can rival almost any native 3D presentation):

• Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
• Pacific Rim
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
• Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2
• Man of Steel
• Hobbit Trilogy
• Life of Pi

All of these are great 3D experiences with great stories to boot.

Samsung UN60HU8550
Samsung LN46A650
WheelHoss1 is online now  
Reply 3D Content

Tags
Under The Sea Imax 3 D Blu Ray , Oz The Great And Powerful Blu Ray 3d Digital Copy , Rise Of The Guardians Blu Ray 3d , Star Trek Into Darkness Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , A Turtles Tale Sammys Adventures Blu Ray , Tron Legacy Tron The Original Classic Five Disc Combo Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Life Of Pi 3d Blu Ray , Jurassic Park 3d 3d Blu Ray Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy Ultraviolet , Blu Ray Movies , Ice Age Dawn Of The Dinosaurs Blu Ray 3d , Monsters Vs Aliens Blu Ray
Gear in this thread - Life by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off