I need some advice on getting a 3D Ready Projector to work with live stream... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 09-21-2010, 10:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys I am a newbie and would GREATLY appreciate some advice on hooking up a 3D Ready Projector (HD66) to D* ESPN3D...

I was advise to get an HDCP bypass box, a PC with a capture card (was recommanded the Xtreme video card), movie player software, HDMI detective plus, and the 3D vision kit along with a 3D ready display... I was told this had to be done because D* has in their signal only certain 3D TV's EDID's (only ones on it's recommanded list) that it allows to display 3D...

Does anyone have any info. regarding this process or how to view 3D TV with a 3D Ready Projector..?

Thank you in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2010, 11:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamsWoof10 View Post

Hi guys I am a newbie and would GREATLY appreciate some advice on hooking up a 3D Ready Projector (HD66) to D* ESPN3D...

I was advise to get an HDCP bypass box, a PC with a capture card (was recommanded the Xtreme video card), movie player software, HDMI detective plus, and the 3D vision kit along with a 3D ready display... I was told this had to be done because D* has in their signal only certain 3D TV's EDID's (only ones on it's recommanded list) that it allows to display 3D...

Does anyone have any info. regarding this process or how to view 3D TV with a 3D Ready Projector..?

Thank you in advance

Can be done fairly easily with Comcast but PITA for D*.

Like you said you will need HDMI HDCP stripper device (hundreds of dollars)+HDMI capture card.

I'd recommend waiting for an HDMI 1.4 compliant 720p projector later this month to be announce since you'd be spending the same amount of money anyway.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter0328 View Post

Can be done fairly easily with Comcast but PITA for D*.

Like you said you will need HDMI HDCP stripper device (hundreds of dollars)+HDMI capture card.

I'd recommend waiting for an HDMI 1.4 compliant 720p projector later this month to be announce since you'd be spending the same amount of money anyway.

Do you know who makes this projector and will it be ready for purchase later this month?

Thank you
Old 09-22-2010, 07:45 AM - Thread Starter

Does anyone know where I can buy an HDMI HDCP stripper device..?

Thanks
Old 09-22-2010, 09:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Old 09-22-2010, 12:47 PM

You can get a similar device on dealextreme for around 17.99. It's a cable, but it does the same thing. Yes, I tested it.

gravy
Old 09-22-2010, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravy View Post

You can get a similar device on dealextreme for around 17.99. It's a cable, but it does the same thing. Yes, I tested it.

Thank you sir, actually thank you both... This brings me to my next question and that is since I use an "ALL IN ONE (Touchsmart) can I use an external video capture card or do I have to buy a separte PC..?
Old 09-22-2010, 06:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thank you sir, actually thank you both... This brings me to my next question and that is since I use an "ALL IN ONE (Touchsmart) can I use an external video capture card or do I have to buy a separte PC..?

You need a separate PC since you need an HDMI capture card (only available in PCIe or USB3.0 format.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter0328 View Post

You need a separate PC since you need an HDMI capture card (only available in PCIe or USB3.0 format.

Hi Peter and thanks for your replies as I need all the help I can get..

I ran an external video card via USB to this touchsmart and it worked but it did not have a capture card in it so I took it back... Can I apply the same theory to the correct external card..?
Old 09-22-2010, 09:03 PM - Thread Starter

also can I use an HDMI/DVI adapter and use an external DVI card?

excuse me for sounding a bit green but I am quite new at this...
Old 09-23-2010, 12:01 AM
Advanced Member

The only HDMI capture devices are the BlackMagic Intensity/Intensity Pro (PCIe), Intensity Shuttle (USB 3.0), and AverTV HD capture card (PCIe).

The Intensity Shuttle maxes out at 1080p with 8 channel audio while the other two are 1080i60/720p60 and for the Intensity is 2 channel audio.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter

After more research I am beginning to question if this is even possible.

Is there a 3D projector that can play 3D broadcasting without the use of the computer setup..?

Thanks
Old 10-22-2010, 05:26 PM

Quote:

Thank you in advance

Optoma has announced a converter box, available in December for $399 that will convert 1080p 3D content to 720p checkerboard output for your projector. Here is a link to a recent news article:

http://www.electronichouse.com/artic...ideo_playback/

It's a bit more expensive that the Mitsubishi 3DA-1 converter, but it has 2 inputs (as opposed to just one), and it has to scale the image down to 720p, which the Mits did not have to do. This is going to be the easiest way to watch ESPN or other TV content as well as 3D from your PlayStation or other 3D Blu-Ray player. It should be available from the same dealer who sold you your projector.