AVS Forum banner

Avatar 3D Blu-ray free with DMP-BDT100 on Amazon

13K views 95 replies 30 participants last post by  javanpohl 
#1 ·
Like the title says, you get it via rebate. The deal expires 3/26/11 or while supplies last. It's a good deal for those who want a real copy of the 3D bluray, especially since the price is under $170 with free 2 day shipping. Just search amazon for DMP-BDT100 and look at the bonus under the price!

#53 ·
Similar boat A26.

Got a Panny BDT350 to go with my Mits TV last year which relegated my old Sony BDP-S300 to my bedroom. I've been thinking about upgrading everything there to 3D as well so I might as well start here.

My living room 3D home theater is often out of my control even though the small fotune invested came out of my pocket. Oh well, got to keep 'em happy so I can stay happy.

Just watch. Now that I've just purchased Avatar 3D (w/bonus 3DBD player) there will be a change of heart to those of us who purchased the 300/350's in the last year.

#56 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls729 /forum/post/19787362

Thats where I ordered my player from, it was the cheapest deal, hence why I shared, shipped yesterday arrives on the 11th through FedEx, I'll let you all know when I get it. They have an " A-" with the BBB The company seems legit though, I live in their free shipping area so I figured why not.

So...did you or anyone else get their player from East Coast TVs? Was the box missing the barcode/UPC? (I keed, I keed...
)

I was half-way through the order process to doublecheck shipping etc charges, and stopped when I realized no-one had made any kind of report (successful or not) regarding receipt of the player.

shinksma

#59 ·
Very sorry guys, been caught up with a lot of things. Anyways I just got home from a long week away, the package from EastCoastTV's did arrive on time. It was dropped off late on the 6th at the FedEx location in NJ, shipped on the 7th, and arrived on the 11th to FL. FedEx I do not believe ships on the weekends so if you order close to the end of the week expect a two day delay. Someone was home to accept the package. Last night I opened the package and was surprised to see they did not use any sort of packing peanuts or any shock protection at all, it was pretty much the DMP-BDT100 box inside the brown box, that was it. The brown box did however fit around the player box perfectly. Anyways it wasn't the end of the world as I know that the products themselves are shock protected with foam for shipping reasons from the distributor, plus the actual box wasn't nicked and arrived in perfect condition. I opened it up, powered on the player, everything works perfectly. The specific model is the DMP-BDT100P

PROS: Arrived Quick, Cheap Price, Free Shipping, Everything Works, No Damage, Knicks, or Scratches.

CONS: No Package Padding or Protection

Overall nothing is wrong and I would definitely give the go ahead on the company. I then went on their website, printed off my invoice, cut out the UPC that has the serial number as per Panasonic's instructions and will be mailing it out today. Their are 3 UPC codes on the box, make sure you cut out the one WITH the serial, I did double check with Panasonic's Rebate website .

Picture Album:

Opinion so far of the player (compared to SAM BD-C6900): IMO while watching "A Christmas Carroll in 3D" their was much more of a "Pop-out" effect and the quality of the 3D is better than with the Sammy. Feature wise, the Sammy definitely has this player beat in capability's. If you are a Netflix user, unlike the Sammy version of the app, you can not browse on the Panasonic and must add to your queue online. MKV is not supported unless you use the modified firmware for this player as this is a "Divx HD Certified" device, while as the Sammy is "Divx HD+" which does support MKV. The good news is is that since I have a Samsung TV (PN50C7000 w/8000 Tweak) I still maintain all of the features of the Blu-ray player including MKV support directly with the TV and get to use a better 3D playback engine with the Panasonic player.

In Short:

3D Playback: Panasonic

Features: Samsung

#60 ·
Thanks for the update Bulls729!

Now the question is whether and how I want to jump into 3D: via the Panny (to get Avatar), or some other route where I get an Oppo or other dual-HDMI output player (since my AVRs are HDMI 1.3).

Hmm, need to think about that some more.

shinksma

#62 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytehoven /forum/post/19833874

Shink...

You might be able to get both the Panny/Avatar and your dual HDMI output player. Keep the AVATAR 3D BD disc and sell the Panny, or put in another room.

Oh, I've got enough BD players I suppose (Oppo 83, LG BH200, and a Sammy 5K at a "remote site"), but maybe selling it would be a worthwhile path.

I suppose I could get the Panny for 3D only, and "live with" audio via optical for now when using the Panny.

Must cogitate further...

shinksma

#63 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls729 /forum/post/19832788

Very sorry guys, been caught up with a lot of things. Anyways I just got home from a long week away, the package from EastCoastTV's did arrive on time. It was dropped off late on the 6th at the FedEx location in NJ, shipped on the 7th, and arrived on the 11th to FL. FedEx I do not believe ships on the weekends so if you order close to the end of the week expect a two day delay. Someone was home to accept the package. Last night I opened the pack and was surprised to see they did not use any sort of packing peanuts or any shock protection at all, it was pretty much the DMP-BDT100 box inside the brown box, that was it. The brown box did however fit around the player box perfectly. Anyways it wasn't the end of the world as I know that the products themselves are shock protected with foam for shipping reasons from the distributor, plus the actual box wasn't nicked and arrived in perfect condition. I opened it up, powered on the player, everything works perfectly. The specific model is the DMP-BDT100P

PROS: Arrived Quick, Cheap Price, Free Shipping, Everything Works, No Damage, Knicks, or Scratches.

CONS: No Package Padding or Protection

Overall nothing is wrong and I would definitely give the go ahead on the company. I then went on their website, printed off my invoice, cut out the UPC that has the serial number as per Panasonic's instructions and will be mailing it out today. Their are 3 UPC codes on the box, make sure you cut out the one WITH the serial, I did double check with Panasonic's Rebate website .

Picture Album:

Opinion so far of the player (compared to SAM BD-C6900): IMO while watching "A Christmas Carroll in 3D" their was much more of a "Pop-out" effect and the quality of the 3D is better than with the Sammy. Feature wise, the Sammy definitely has this player beat in capability's. If you are a Netflix user, unlike the Sammy version of the app, you can not browse on the Panasonic and must add to your queue online. MKV is not supported unless you use the hacked firmware for this player as this is a "Divx HD Certified" device, while as the Sammy is "Divx HD+" which does support MKV. The good news is is that since I have a Samsung TV (PN50C7000 w/8000 Tweak) I still maintain all of the features of the Blu-ray player including MKV support directly with the TV and get to use a better 3D playback engine with the Panasonic player.

In Short:

3D Playback: Panasonic

Features: Samsung

Thanks Man!

All the best.

Where is this hacked firmware?

#69 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpy /forum/post/19844372

I see the Panny 42" plasma for a fair price and thinking about getting one. I should be able to redeem the Avatar offer on that as well as the BDT100, right?

I would be ordering with the same name and address.

According to the stipulations on the form to receive the Avatar Movie the BDT-100 needs to be bought separately and not received with a bundled deal. If that is what you are getting.

#70 ·
So tempting to JUMP on this deal.......BUT......am holding self back because I know Panasonic is just trying to clear out their xxx100 models for when their NEW xxx110 models go on sale this Spring......the 110's will do 2D to 3D and ALOT more [just can't find out if they will still do Checkerboard].

#71 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberized
So tempting to JUMP on this deal.......BUT......am holding self back because I know Panasonic is just trying to clear out their xxx100 models for when their NEW xxx110 models go on sale this Spring......the 110's will do 2D to 3D and ALOT more [just can't find out if they will still do Checkerboard].
According to a reliable source who works for Panasonic, the 2011 models will support Checkerboard.

Here is a link to the information:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1304600

#73 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpy /forum/post/0

I already ordered the player but if I can order the tv and get a second copy of Avatar that would really sweeten the deal. The tv would be from a second vendor.

I don't want to have to ask a friend to order it for me and claim the disk for me.

I just saw in another thread penny are refusing offer claims
without avatar Sony dvp-s570 for 130$ @ Costco is a way better deal IMHO

#74 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoro /forum/post/19847101

I just saw in another thread penny are refusing offer claims
without avatar Sony dvp-s570 for 130$ @ Costco is a way better deal IMHO

Link? I have not heard this... And are you referring specifically to the current Avatar promo with the DMP-BDT100 from Amazon? It's still posted on Amazon's website and just started on 1/2/2011, I've never heard of ANY rebate in the history of mankind to receive such a speedy response (of any kind).

#75 ·
May be referring to the loyalty offer for tv's purchased before Nov. 30. Which was the offer I was hoping to use to get a second copy of Avatar.

That is, until I read it closer.
I was reading it like I could buy one before the Jan. 31 deadline to redeem the offer. Duh. Even then it was for a model that didn't qualify. Double duh.

Oh well, at least I'll have Avatar and the first piece of my smaller, private 3D system.

#76 ·
bought a panasonic bdt 100 from east coast tv on sunday and got it today works perfect. the only thing they didnt send a reciept with it just came in the origanal panasonic box. my question is in order to get the avatar dvd movie can i just print a copy from my computer of the reciept they sent me in an e mail and send that in with the upc code

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.