AVS Forum banner

Avatar 3D Blu-ray free with DMP-BDT100 on Amazon

13K views 95 replies 30 participants last post by  javanpohl 
#1 ·
Like the title says, you get it via rebate. The deal expires 3/26/11 or while supplies last. It's a good deal for those who want a real copy of the 3D bluray, especially since the price is under $170 with free 2 day shipping. Just search amazon for DMP-BDT100 and look at the bonus under the price!

#77 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by destiny 21 /forum/post/19852906

bought a panasonic bdt 100 from east coast tv on sunday and got it today works perfect. the only thing they didnt send a reciept with it just came in the origanal panasonic box. my question is in order to get the avatar dvd movie can i just print a copy from my computer of the reciept they sent me in an e mail and send that in with the upc code

Which Sunday: two days ago, or just over a week ago? Did you pay extra for expedited shipping?

IMHO, you should log into your account with East Coast TVs and print the "invoice" or receipt - that is probably more official-looking than an email version (but I haven't seen an email version, so maybe that is indeed OK).

shinksma

#82 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinksma /forum/post/0

Wow, I ordered the same day, and mine is still "pending". Yeesh, some folks get all the nice treatment.

shinksma

I ordered from Amazon . Com and got my player yesterday. Love the ability to use AXP membership reward points.

Load times are significantly improved vs my Sony BDP-S300 and BDP-S350. Netflix actually looks better than my 2 TiVo HDs.

Rebate went via USPS today. On the verge of buying an Acer H5360 with an Optoma 3D-XL, so much potential...

#85 ·
At the moment you can't rent 3D from Vudu with a BDT-100 - any attempt to rent, buy or view preview of any 3D title offering immediately pops up a dialog box stating 3D service is not currently available on this device. This is obviously the software checking the device type against an approved list and failing.

I was able to view trailers for Alice, TS3 and one other by going to New on Vudu > New trailers and selecting them directly from there, but despite the fact that my player is set to checkerboard, they were output in SbS. Since my TV can't handle SbS I had to pipe it through my 3Da1 converter box to actually see 3D.

In other threads we have seen that Vudu do seem responsive to customer feedback, and give the appearance of being willing to get things working for everyone ASAP, so if a firmware update can resolve this I'm sure we will see it sooner than later. I'm guessing simply "turning on" the 3D service would be extremely trivial, but I don't know whether the checkerboard/SbS output thing might be a simple software change or a hardware limitation.

#86 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjroddy /forum/post/19857044

At the moment you can't rent 3D from Vudu with a BDT-100 - any attempt to rent, buy or view preview of any 2D title offering immediately pops up a dialog box stating 3D service is not currently available on this device. This is obviously the software checking the device type against an approved list and failing.

I was able to view trailers for Alice, TS3 and one other by going to New on Vudu > New trailers and selecting them directly from there, but despite the fact that my player is set to checkerboard, they were output in SbS. Since my TV can't handle SbS I had to pipe it through my 3Da1 converter box to actually see 3D.

In other threads we have seen that Vudu do seem responsive to customer feedback, and give the appearance of being willing to get things working for everyone ASAP, so if a firmware update can resolve this I'm sure we will see it sooner than later. I'm guessing simply "turning on" the 3D service would be extremely trivial, but I don't know whether the checkerboard/SbS output thing might be a simple software change or a hardware limitation.

Thanks for the post but to clarify--you ARE able to rent/view 2D movies, correct?

Ed

#90 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinksma /forum/post/19853315

Wow, I ordered the same day, and mine is still "pending". Yeesh, some folks get all the nice treatment.

shinksma

Yes, quoting myself, for update purposes:

I ended up calling and speaking to someone, and that seemed to prompt the "system" to process my order. I suspect if I hadn't called, I'd still be wondering and waiting.

I just got the player finally, and mail-in form for Avatar is all ready to go in the mail tomorrow.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone else who odered from East Coast TVs whether they received their copy of Avatar, and/or have checked online to see if their form has been processed and validated. Would help to give a nice warm and fuzzy - I'm sure I'll get my copy.

shinksma

#91 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps /forum/post/19856650

I'd jump on this IF I knew that you can rent 3D movies from Vudu with it. Sorry this is a bit off-topic but if any of you guys can confirm that Vudu 3D rentals are possible with the BDT-100 I'd sure appreciate it. Thanks!

Ed

Here is a link to a thread concerning VUDU 3D and the Panasonic 3D Blu-ray players:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1306194

#92 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoro /forum/post/19854014

Please keep us posted if you can see your rebates validated if purchased from eastcost tv

Sent out my rebate form on 17JAN11, It showed up on Panasonics website sometime last week, and received Avatar yesterday.

Also, it appears EastCoast no longer has anymore units of the DMP-BDT100

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.