AVS Forum banner

An Octopuss tried to get me! *SOS PLANET*

2K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  bravia3D 
#1 ·
People have said it before, but let me tell you.... SOS Planet is awesome 3D.

This has the craziest 3D in your face pop out so far. It is an animated documentary, so its pretty kid friendly unless they frighten from the 3D. Specifically the Octopuss and Boa Snake literally in your face. The illusion is WOW worthy.

You know its good when you have others in your living room cringing back in their seats lol! GOOOOOOD FUN INDEED!

Comcast has this on demand, check it out.. its about 45 minutes long and overall is worth your time
If people want in your face fun, this is it.

See less See more
#5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by insman1132 /forum/post/20182340

I have read reviews of it, however, that indicate it might not play on the new 3D TV's, but rather is in something called Sensio 3D. Several purchasers on Amazon complain they cannot get the 3 D to work.

Anyone know if it works on the new 3D tv systems?

I just mentioned this title in another thread - LOL. I have a field sequential DVD of SOS Planet - and for 3D pop out effects, it is a keeper. I believe a Sensio Side by Side version is also out there.

I'm using a US Playstation 3 slim as my 3D player and also have an all region Sherwood BDP-5004 (non 3D player), Optoma 3D-XL converter and an Optoma HD66 DLP projector.

To play Field Sequential DVD's, I bypass the 3D-XL and run a good old fashioned yellow video cable from my PS3 direct to the projector. I then adjust the video output settings of the PS3 to 480i and it plays the discs perfectly.

I also have two old Sensio side by side DVDs - Jaws 3d and and Taza, Son of Cochise. I could not get either of these to play correctly using the playstation and the 3D-XL - even after fiddling with output settings. However - when I put them into my non-3D Blu-ray player and activated the SBS button on the 3D-XL, they display perfectly.

#8 ·
See, this is what I don't understand. How come more movies don't have pop out that really pops out? It's like in that Terminator 2 show at Universal, the 3D is amazing, the stuff gets so close that you feel like you can touch it...but I haven't gotten that effect watching 3D movies at the theater. It's still cool and all but it would be even more awesome if more films would have pop out that really pops out.

#9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLC1843 /forum/post/20296956

See, this is what I don't understand. How come more movies don't have pop out that really pops out? It's like in that Terminator 2 show at Universal, the 3D is amazing, the stuff gets so close that you feel like you can touch it...but I haven't gotten that effect watching 3D movies at the theater. It's still cool and all but it would be even more awesome if more films would have pop out that really pops out.

Two reasons: 1 James Cameron basically told the industry that it is not the way 3D is supposed to be done. These movie studio's care about money and if the man that has grossed more money than EVERYONE with a 3D movie called Avatar says pop out effects are cheap tricks then the industry/directors will follow. Now IMO I think he is just saying that so that no one can make a better 3D movie than him but hey, im just one person.

2.) In order to get a movie with Terminator like 3D effects, these movies need to be built with 3d in mind from the ground up, I think the problem is that the directors/studios don't trust the whole 3D concept so they play the safe route.

I believe that the problem with 3d right now is the fact that most of it is too subtle (James Cameron said that it should be this way) and there are absolutely NO movies with Terminator 3D type effects. The problem with that is that the average movie go'er expects to be WOWED by 3D but in actuality its so subtle that you might as well save your $5 or $10 ($10 for 2 people) and watch it in 2d.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.