http://www.3d-blurayrental.com/ - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 594 Old 04-01-2012, 11:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 22
It's kind of common sense if there's a pretty recent huge/popular 3D movie release that it isn't likely to ship right away due to high demand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 594 Old 04-01-2012, 07:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by WynsWrld98 View Post

It's kind of common sense if there's a pretty recent huge/popular 3D movie release that it isn't likely to ship right away due to high demand.

eBay customers would say otherwise- the listing says the item is in stock and the shipping info says it usually ships in 1 day. The least 3DBR could do is add a disclaimer or faq in the auction description to clarify that popular titles do not typically ship that soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DR View Post

Most of our inventory is available to ship right away but that changes all the time. It's not scalable for us to change the description for all of our rentals on eBay everytime there is a change. Also, we notify the buyer immediately if there is a wait.

I'm not suggesting you update the auctions in realtime- just add something like the above in the template auction description.

Or don't, just saying that this is a justifiable complaint some negative feedback customers are leaving.

My Videos

A movie with good 3D does not necessarily equal a good 3D movie!

post #273 of 594 Old 04-02-2012, 11:20 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopLord View Post

To buy/rent first then get notified of a delay, well, that doesn't leave me any options and to be honest, it's not fair.

Seems to be pretty much standard procedure from all of the online movie rental places I've used. You add a movie to your queue, and they ship it out as soon as it's available. I'm not sure what the big deal is.

They're not going to have a disc in stock for every customer that signs up, that just wouldn't make any sense in a rental business model. It would probably be a good idea for the ebay listing to clearly state that, but I would have thought it was common sense.
post #274 of 594 Old 04-02-2012, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagg View Post

Seems to be pretty much standard procedure from all of the online movie rental places I've used. You add a movie to your queue, and they ship it out as soon as it's available. I'm not sure what the big deal is.

No, you add SEVERAL movies to your queue and the available title(s) ship(s) instantly.

They even SELL movies they don't have in stock:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...s=negative_365

Quote:

Sell'n item,giving it to higher bidders, then tell ya theyre sold out not honest

Quote:

tuk my money and never got product

Quote:

Seller cancelled due to out of stock, selling same thing in another auction

Quote:

bought a dvd and never got da product sold 2sum1 else and my money was takinout

Quote:

Lied about item. Then relisted it.

Quote:

AFTER 2 WEEKS I BOUGHT THE PRODUCT, NOW YOU SEND MONEY BACK??

My Videos

post #275 of 594 Old 04-02-2012, 05:56 PM

I'm trying to understand the late fee policy here. This seams to not add up. On one hand I have 7 days with the movie, but starting the next day I start to get charged $2 a day. However it takes 2 to 3 days for it to mail. Can anyone clarify or do I have it right (i.e. better mail it back after 3 days). Thanks

How long will it take the movie to get to me?

Answer:
We mail the movie to you via first class mail and the pre-paid envelope back to us will be via first class mail as well. Per the USPS website, the average ship time for first class mail domestically in the US is 2-3 business days.

Question #4:

How many days will I have with the movie before I need to return it?

Answer:
You will have 7 days / one full week with the movie. We will check in with you 5 days after the movie has shipped to see if you've received the movie. We will follow up again towards the end of your rental with a friendly reminder to send the movie back.

Question #5:

Where are the movies shipped from?

Answer:

The Blu-ray movies are shipped from and returned to Northern California.

Question #6:

What are your late fees?

Answer:
You must return the movie within 7 days (including weekends and holidays) from receiving it. Starting on the 8th day, a $2 per/day late fee will be charged to your credit card. If the movie is 10 days late, you will be charged the current manufacturer's suggested retail price or market value, and at this point, you do not need to return the movie.
post #276 of 594 Old 04-02-2012, 07:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Didn't it used to be that we had 14 days from the ship date to get it back to them?

Now I guess transit times are no longer necessary to calculate- you just keep the movie 7 days and mail it back, no questions.

But the way they make it sound at the very end is that if you mail it on day 7 like you're supposed to, and it doesn't get there for 3 days, you will have incurred 3 days of late fees.

Maybe they have realtime tracking?

My Videos

post #277 of 594 Old 04-02-2012, 09:17 PM
3BR

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Fcwdev, you have up to 7 days with the movie. You are not responsible for transit times. Hope that helps.

Cakefoo, we do not sell movies we do not have in inventory. In rare instances, there are administrative errors in which we did not have the inventory. That is not by design....99% success is pretty good in our opinion. I dont think we can solve for 100%.
post #278 of 594 Old 04-20-2012, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3BR View Post

Fcwdev, you have up to 7 days with the movie. You are not responsible for transit times. Hope that helps.

Cakefoo, we do not sell movies we do not have in inventory. In rare instances, there are administrative errors in which we did not have the inventory. That is not by design....99% success is pretty good in our opinion. I dont think we can solve for 100%.

I have made many 3dbr rentals through eBay and I have been very pleased with them. I am sorry that eBay is giving them difficulties. I will continue to rent through 3d-blurayrental and enjoy their great service. I would highly recommend them.

And cake foo if you read the negative reviews you can see they sound pretty pathetic with quotes such as "tuk my money" and "sell'n". I'd say over 3000 positive is pretty good and again I'm sorry eBay isn't cooperating.
post #279 of 594 Old 04-30-2012, 04:23 PM

I have been using them for last 3 weeks and have rented over 15 3d movies from them and have not had a single problem. They generally arrive 2-3 days after I place the website order and I may return them in 7 days from the receipt day. They have excellent communication and send out frequent progress update e-mails. I rented the $5.99 disks and the recent 20% off sale has been an added bonus.
One of the disks had freezing problems and I forgot to tell them and when I did over 2 weeks later, they still sent out me a replacement at no cost. JUST AWESOME.
This service allows me to view expensive 3d movies I would rather not buy.
I don't think anybody will be disappointed with the service.
post #280 of 594 Old 05-01-2012, 04:17 AM

I've used this service a couple of times and thought they were great. I did receive one movie with a crack in it so I took a pic of the defect and emailed it to them. I received an almost immediate apology and a replacement bluray within a couple of days.
post #281 of 594 Old 05-02-2012, 07:13 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I signed up for HBO just to watch Game of Thrones. I didn't realize they have for free on demand and 3-D the following titles:

This month:
Despicable Me
Green Lantern
Megamind
The Chronicals of Narnia
Legends of the Guardians

Last month they had Gulivers Travels and a few others. With 18 3-D Imax titles for free On Demand, that's not bad.
post #282 of 594 Old 05-03-2012, 08:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolandL View Post

I signed up for HBO just to watch Game of Thrones. I didn't realize they have for free on demand and 3-D the following titles:

This month:
Despicable Me
Green Lantern
Megamind
The Chronicals of Narnia
Legends of the Guardians

Last month they had Gulivers Travels and a few others. With 18 3-D Imax titles for free On Demand, that's not bad.

Broadcast TV 3D is SideBySide (SBS) format which is much more poor quality 3D than BluRay 3D, right?
post #283 of 594 Old 05-05-2012, 08:38 AM
3BR

Quote:
Originally Posted by WynsWrld98 View Post

Broadcast TV 3D is SideBySide (SBS) format which is much more poor quality 3D than BluRay 3D, right?

Yes, Cable and Satellite is generally SBS (Side by side) or TNB (Top and Bottom) which is 1280 x 720 picture divided by two so you only get 1280 x 360 (TNB) per eye or 640 x 720 (SBS) per eye. 3D Blu-ray you get 1920 x 1080 per eye which is true 1080P which is 4.5 times the resolution. Not to mention you get uncompressed sound up to 7.1....which I'm not sure how many times is better but a lot
post #284 of 594 Old 05-05-2012, 06:59 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2D3D View Post

Vudu works the best if you have a PS3, so you can simply download the content and then watch it in HDX.

I recently signed up with them on my PS3, upon which they gave me a $5.99 , once I recieved my LG 3D TV, I signed it to my account on the LG TV and they gave me another $5.99!
So I used my $11.98 towards the purchase of the 3D version of "Sammy's Adventures" ($21.99 before be $12 credit! ) , one of the best 3D animated movies ( story and all isnt in Pixar class, but awesome 3D). Glad I got it this way and not through Amazon (Hong Kong US version for $46 !)

So if you have a PS3 and want this hidden gem, You know what to do !

Be careful, PS3 treats VUDU 3D content same as 3D games and reduces the resolution to 720p. Sammy's looked blurry on PS3 but looks crisp on my Samsung 6700 3d player.
post #285 of 594 Old 07-15-2012, 02:02 AM

3br, is there a chance 3d-blurayrental.com could offer a subscription service for $20 or less a month with unlimited rentals and 1 disc out at a time? Also can you keep the disc as long as you want until you watch it before you return it? If you offered a plan like that, I would subscribe. If not I will subscribe to http://www.3dbymail.com.
post #286 of 594 Old 07-16-2012, 12:29 PM
3BR

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSoLateD1 View Post

3br, is there a chance 3d-blurayrental.com could offer a subscription service for $20 or less a month with unlimited rentals and 1 disc out at a time? Also can you keep the disc as long as you want until you watch it before you return it? If you offered a plan like that, I would subscribe. If not I will subscribe to http://www.3dbymail.com.

Thank you for your request. We are in process of starting a small pilot to test out a subscription model. Please email us via our website to inquire about how to sign up for the pilot.
post #287 of 594 Old 07-16-2012, 07:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 110
I personall prefer the 3BR model. The problem with subscription and keeping the disc as long as you want is that it becomes more difficult for other members to get a title, particularly latge-demand or new releases. With a limted supply, a person might have to wait months for such a title. I think a week (as 3BR allows) is more than enough time to watch a film. If it isn't, maybe it should be rented at another, more convenient time. When I've used 3BR, I've nevre had to wait more than a few days before a new, high-profile title is shipped to me. I can deal with that better than having to wait weeks/months for a title to be returned by some folks who need to hang on to them for unlimted time frames.

post #288 of 594 Old 07-16-2012, 11:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema13 View Post

I personall prefer the 3BR model. The problem with subscription and keeping the disc as long as you want is that it becomes more difficult for other members to get a title, particularly latge-demand or new releases. With a limted supply, a person might have to wait months for such a title. I think a week (as 3BR allows) is more than enough time to watch a film. If it isn't, maybe it should be rented at another, more convenient time. When I've used 3BR, I've nevre had to wait more than a few days before a new, high-profile title is shipped to me. I can deal with that better than having to wait weeks/months for a title to be returned by some folks who need to hang on to them for unlimted time frames.
IDK. I get more value watching 5 movies 1 time, versus watching 1 movie 5 times.

My Videos

post #289 of 594 Old 07-17-2012, 08:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefoo View Post

IDK. I get more value watching 5 movies 1 time, versus watching 1 movie 5 times.

In my case, I watch the movie once (twice if there is a commentary)and return it. If I need to see it more than that, I just buy it.

post #290 of 594 Old 07-18-2012, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 31
For 3D BD's I don't want a 'subscription' since the number of 3D BD's is no where near the number of BDs released each month. I'll keep ordering them 'one-off' from www.3d-blurayrental.com

"..where you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

post #291 of 594 Old 07-20-2012, 02:39 PM
3BR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wryker View Post

For 3D BD's I don't want a 'subscription' since the number of 3D BD's is no where near the number of BDs released each month. I'll keep ordering them 'one-off' from www.3d-blurayrental.com

Many of our customers have the same opinion you do. Recently though, we've seen more requests for a subscription plan because we've added 2D Blu-ray titles to our library. We carry 2D Blu-ray titles that no other rental disc by mail service provides (i.e. Jurassic Park, Aliens 1-4, and Timescapes), as well as the regular hot 2D Blu-ray titles with no rental delay on new releases (it ships on the same day as the Blu-ray release), and of course 3D Blu-ray. With this selection now, we think it could make sense for a subscription plan thus we are piloting that now. If the pilot goes well, we will not get rid of the pay per rental model but instead just add subscription plans as another option. Our guarantee that movies will ship within a time frame will not be affected.
post #292 of 594 Old 07-21-2012, 01:41 AM
AVS Special Member

I'd pay $15 a month if I could squeeze 5 movies out of you guys in a month smile.gif

My Videos

post #293 of 594 Old 07-22-2012, 10:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefoo View Post

I'd pay $15 a month if I could squeeze 5 movies out of you guys in a month smile.gif

I'd pay $15 a month if I was guaranteed to be able to see 3 movies, maybe 4, during that period of time.

I currently have a Blockbuster Online plan, where I get 3 movies at a time, with exchanges at the store, and it's a great service, but unfortunately, they only have like one or two 3D movies (if that). If only Blockbuster or Netflix would realize that there are quite a few people out there that would love to RENT 3D movies, but have zero interest in buying them.
post #294 of 594 Old 07-23-2012, 06:34 PM
3BR

You should be ablet to get 3-5 movies per/month on the 1 disc subscription plan. We cannot guarantee that though based off the titles selected as well as "not knowing" how long a customer will keep the rental. You can find out more information now on our website.
post #295 of 594 Old 07-23-2012, 09:39 PM
AVS Special Member

What would most matter to me is title selection. You can get the high-profile (SHERLOCK HOLMES, AMERICAN REUNION, THOR, etc. etc. etc) titles anywhere...Redbox, Vudu, OnDemand, Blockbuster, and so on. But for more low-profile or indie films on Blu...good luck! If the site had THOSE titles, I'd go for a disc rental plan. Some examples: SUPERMAN VS THE ELITE, THE FIELDS, BRAKE, THE PERFECT FAMILY, 4:44 LAST DAY ON EARTH, ad infinitum). The big titles I can get anywhere (or with the click of a button)...the small, more obscure titles...not so much. Most outlets (including Netflix) only get them on standard DVD and don't bother with BD.

post #296 of 594 Old 07-26-2012, 10:50 AM
3BR

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema13 View Post

What would most matter to me is title selection. You can get the high-profile (SHERLOCK HOLMES, AMERICAN REUNION, THOR, etc. etc. etc) titles anywhere...Redbox, Vudu, OnDemand, Blockbuster, and so on. But for more low-profile or indie films on Blu...good luck! If the site had THOSE titles, I'd go for a disc rental plan. Some examples: SUPERMAN VS THE ELITE, THE FIELDS, BRAKE, THE PERFECT FAMILY, 4:44 LAST DAY ON EARTH, ad infinitum). The big titles I can get anywhere (or with the click of a button)...the small, more obscure titles...not so much. Most outlets (including Netflix) only get them on standard DVD and don't bother with BD.

We do carry specialty blu-ray titles. We add them on a request basis...please go to our website for more information.
post #297 of 594 Old 08-24-2012, 08:11 PM

This is the worst company I've ever rented from. When my order didn't arrive after 5 days I contacted them. I received the most rude, low quality customer service I have EVER received. I demanded a refund from them and they said they wouldn't rent to me anymore if they gave me refund.

After about a week they sent me some letter from their law firm saying I wasn't allowed to rent from them anymore and that any attempt to retaliate by leaving bad reviews would result in a lawsuit... Let them sue!

STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS!
post #298 of 594 Old 08-27-2012, 07:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I've rented over 70 3d titles from them and have never had a single problem. I would highly recommend them to anyone.
post #299 of 594 Old 08-28-2012, 12:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhq View Post

This is the worst company I've ever rented from. When my order didn't arrive after 5 days I contacted them. I received the most rude, low quality customer service I have EVER received. I demanded a refund from them and they said they wouldn't rent to me anymore if they gave me refund.

After about a week they sent me some letter from their law firm saying I wasn't allowed to rent from them anymore and that any attempt to retaliate by leaving bad reviews would result in a lawsuit... Let them sue!

STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS!

The balance of comments about this service are largely positive. I'm skeptical/curious about the fact pattern here. You didn't receive your disc, but you did receive a letter from a law firm--really? Care to share a PDF of that?

And from a new member, joined this month, with two posts--both essentially identical and critical of 3D Blu-ray Rental?
post #300 of 594 Old 08-28-2012, 02:50 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 19
^^ Yeah, certainly not my experience with customer service. I received a bad disc, sent them an email, immediately received a response with an option of a new disc or a credit to my account. Easy and without fuss.

I noticed soon after that they are now using hard plastic protective sleeves for shipping, so hopefully damaged discs are no longer a problem.
Reply 3D Content

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , Avatar Three Disc Extended Collectors Edition Bd Live Blu Ray , How To Train Your Dragon Two Disc Blu Ray 3d Dvd Combo , Tron Legacy Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo
Gear in this thread - Avatar by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page