post #361 of 594 Old 02-27-2013, 07:31 PM
3BR

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtmaclean View Post

I noticed that you guys are offering more and more special feature discs which is great because some of them you can't rent anywhere and being a movie geek I am very interested in those discs.

Will you be offering the bonus disc from Wreck-it Ralph for rent?

If Wreck it Ralph comes with a bonus disc, we will definitely put it up smile.gif. We should know more in the next 24 hours.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 594 Old 02-28-2013, 11:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have rented all of their 3D videos as well as many blu-ray and have had the best service possible. They have traded me hundreds of dollar in rental fees for my previously viewed films. Overall. They are a solid firm to deal with. - David
post #363 of 594 Old 03-08-2013, 12:15 PM

Liked: 10
After reading a few posts on here I am a bit concerned-

I live in MA and just signed up for the 2 at a time 10 limit not knowing it was located in CA. Is there any reasonable way I can expect to get my money's worth with this plan? I saw someone say they order on Monday and it shows up on Friday....to me that seems like I'd only be able to get roughly 8 a month (in a short month maybe even 6).

Should I switch to the 1 at a time plan?
post #364 of 594 Old 03-08-2013, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: East of the Sun, West of the Moon (Home Farm, Emmerdale, Yorks)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by anelson3411 View Post

After reading a few posts on here I am a bit concerned-

I live in MA and just signed up for the 2 at a time 10 limit not knowing it was located in CA. Is there any reasonable way I can expect to get my money's worth with this plan? I saw someone say they order on Monday and it shows up on Friday....to me that seems like I'd only be able to get roughly 8 a month (in a short month maybe even 6).

Should I switch to the 1 at a time plan?

Give it a week or two and decide. That way you can see how fast you get your discs. But remember, as soon as you put your disc in the post to return it, you can order a new one without waiting for it to be checked in to your account (like Netflix and Ballbusters).

I'm in Florida and I just went from the 2 at a time to the 3 at a time plan.

Just as an FYI, I ordered Transformers on the 5th and it showed up today.

Overall great service. Just sometimes hit the "your selection is on back order" email but it isn't that often. And it usually comes within a few days of the notice.

Me likeee.
post #365 of 594 Old 03-11-2013, 03:36 PM

Liked: 11
Hi, I'm new here and new to the 3D scene as well--

It appears this thread has been basically about one 3D disc provider since the company rep came onto the discussion--

But I thought I'd give you guys a heads up on another "provider"--and I use the term loosely--so far--

I did join "3D by Mail" at their 1 month at a time rate of ~$25.00 per month--figuring even a at one a week thats ~$6 per, so why not?

Well I joined 8 days a go, paid with PayPal, put 6 movies in my queue-- and haven't heard a word--.

I e-mailed them--only way their "contact" page works-- Yesterday, yes a Sunday--but actually 30 hours later now and still no reply.

I've logged into their page several times and it just shows my six movies in the queue--no word on when--or IF they will ever send me anything.

Their content does seem a bit minimal, no MIB 3 -3D on their list yet.

I'll let you know when/If I hear from them, and what they have to say for themselves--

BUT if someone here knows any info on them please give me a heads up
post #366 of 594 Old 03-14-2013, 10:13 PM
3BR

Keith944T, if you are unhappy with them, come join us. Our subscription prices are much cheaper and library much bigger and we would never not respond to you smile.gif
Aaron Boyd likes this.
post #367 of 594 Old 03-16-2013, 07:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 111
I've also heard rumors that they may soon be offering Ultraviolet editions of movies (2D only) at some point in the future. Personally, I have no use for UV copies, but for those who do, it's yet another option that 3D BR Rental might be providing going forward, if true. For a young company, I feel that they have been innovating in their offerings, pricing, and options. Reminds me of Netflix when they first began. If I need to rent a 3D disc, I never even bother looking anywhere else. It is absolutely the best option for renting 3D discs. (Sorry if I sound effusive...I have no affiliation with the company. I'm just a very satisfied customer.)

post #368 of 594 Old 03-25-2013, 02:13 PM

I'm on my way !!

I NEVER heard back from them--much less received a disk !

I filed a paypal claim against them for my $25
Aaron Boyd likes this.
post #369 of 594 Old 03-28-2013, 02:35 PM

I beg to differ, 3BR. I placed on order on 03/20 and never received a confirmation email.......or the movie. I sent emails on 03/24 and 03/26 asking for a status and have yet to receive any response from your company. My first three movies arrived with no issues and I was extremely pleased. Now I'm getting a little p*ssed off and ready to cancel my subscription.
post #370 of 594 Old 03-28-2013, 06:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahogrider View Post

I beg to differ, 3BR. I placed on order on 03/20 and never received a confirmation email.......or the movie. I sent emails on 03/24 and 03/26 asking for a status and have yet to receive any response from your company. My first three movies arrived with no issues and I was extremely pleased. Now I'm getting a little p*ssed off and ready to cancel my subscription.

Hey, I'd be p.o. too but are you SURE you're dealing with the correct company??? This is the right one. http://stores.3d-blurayrental.com/StoreFront.bok Just asking 'cause there's another 3d rental outfit with almost the same addy that's NOT the same place and your experience doesn't sound right. They usually answer emails FAST.

Ed
post #371 of 594 Old 03-29-2013, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps View Post

Hey, I'd be p.o. too but are you SURE you're dealing with the correct company??? This is the right one. http://stores.3d-blurayrental.com/StoreFront.bok Just asking 'cause there's another 3d rental outfit with almost the same addy that's NOT the same place and your experience doesn't sound right. They usually answer emails FAST.

Ed

Yep.....same company, I'm afraid. Nothing in my spam folder, either. Nine days later, still no movie.
post #372 of 594 Old 03-29-2013, 09:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yep.....same company, I'm afraid. Nothing in my spam folder, either. Nine days later, still no movie.

Sorry to hear that! Seems very strange because they've always been outstanding for customer service. Sure hope you get taken care of and there's an explanation.confused.gif

Ed

I just sent them an email on your behalf. Here's hoping this gets resolved!
post #373 of 594 Old 03-29-2013, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps View Post

Sorry to hear that! Seems very strange because they've always been outstanding for customer service. Sure hope you get taken care of and there's an explanation.confused.gif

Ed

I just sent them an email on your behalf. Here's hoping this gets resolved!

Very nice of you, Ed! Thanks smile.gif
post #374 of 594 Old 03-29-2013, 12:05 PM
3BR

Quote:

We're sorry to hear about your experience. I assure you there is got to be a good reason. Please shoot me a private message with your account information and I'll look into this for you. There has been rare instances where our emails are not reaching customers and it's related to your ISP thinking we are spam. Sometimes it does not even reach your spam folder. You may need to contact them just to make sure.
post #375 of 594 Old 03-29-2013, 12:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I got a reply from them almost immediately. I KNEW something was wrong! I'm sure it'll get resolved now.

Yer welcome!smile.gif

Ed
post #376 of 594 Old 03-29-2013, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

They told me they tried to email you 4 times and even tried to call you but couldn't get a phone number.

Ed
post #377 of 594 Old 03-29-2013, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3BR View Post

We're sorry to hear about your experience. I assure you there is got to be a good reason. Please shoot me a private message with your account information and I'll look into this for you. There has been rare instances where our emails are not reaching customers and it's related to your ISP thinking we are spam. Sometimes it does not even reach your spam folder. You may need to contact them just to make sure.

Thank you for your reply.......and here is where I EAT CROW. I did confirm that your emails were not reaching my spam folder. I would like to take this opportunity to extend my sincere apologies for jumping the gun and laying instant blame. You have proven to be a reputable company that I look forward to continue doing business with.
Aaron Boyd likes this.
post #378 of 594 Old 03-29-2013, 01:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thank you for your reply.......and here is where I EAT CROW. I did confirm that your emails were not reaching my spam folder. I would like to take this opportunity to extend my sincere apologies for jumping the gun and laying instant blame. You have proven to be a reputable company that I look forward to continue doing business with.

+1!!!smile.gif
post #379 of 594 Old 03-29-2013, 04:03 PM
3BR

Quote:

No apologies needed....I'd be mad too smile.gif. Glad we were able to help smile.gif
post #380 of 594 Old 03-29-2013, 09:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Folks might want to also consider renting 2D discs from them as well. Yeah, it might cost a few bucks more than Redbox or Netflix...but its worth it to rent the fully-loaded editions.

post #381 of 594 Old 03-30-2013, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter

Having posted the original thread on this subject, I am pleased to advise that I am now starting my 3rd year with them and nary a problem yet. Their communications and responses are impeccable and timely. And yes, they are shipping from CA so plan accordingly.
post #382 of 594 Old 03-30-2013, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 54
Quote:

Glad to see this got resolved.

It made me slightly apprehensive about signing up, but now it's a no-brainer. biggrin.gif
post #383 of 594 Old 04-04-2013, 12:22 PM

Hello. I have been a customer for a month now. I just got my second recurring bill/payment to you guys. I have enjoyed the movies I have received but I am not 100% satisfied.

I read that for the 2 movies a month, you can get up to 10 Blu-Rays in that month. Now, I want to take full advantage of that. But sadly I cant. Why? Because it takes over 6 days for me to receive anything from you guys. I don't seem to understand why it takes so long. You use the same service as BLOCKBUSTER uses, that is USPS. But they seem to get their products to customers house, me, and they take 1 to 2 days. So, why does your mailing of a DVD take so long?

Thanks, and have a good day.
post #384 of 594 Old 04-04-2013, 04:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 52
I also find it odd that it takes 5 or 6 days to ship DVD's. I do no that I am on the east coast and you are on the west coast but when I return a Disc to you I get an email that you received it in 2 days (3 at the most). Assuming you are sending a disc when you say you are I guess USPS is not very kind to your mass shipments and getting them out in a timely manor..

Smart enough to know better, to old to care
post #385 of 594 Old 04-04-2013, 05:38 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 792 Post(s)
Liked: 771
I'm on the East Coast(DC area) and it typically takes 3 days for me to get the 3D BDs. And they typically receive mine in three days. I'm on the three out plan. I sent three back on Monday and ordered three more the same day. I received all three today and 3D BD Rental received my returns today.

Since they cross ship the titles it works out very well. So I'll typically get three each week. Unless I watch some of the titles before the weekends. Then I can hit the 15 title per month limit.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #386 of 594 Old 04-04-2013, 06:31 PM

That is awesome.. wish I could get that much. I live in FLORIDA.
post #387 of 594 Old 04-04-2013, 11:42 PM
AVS Special Member

I got a note letting me know THE HOBBIT had shipped (a Saturday) and I received it on Tuesday. Not bad. Sometimes it takes a day longer. Again, not too bad...and I'm in NJ. It may just be variances with different post offices around the country. Netflix has some kind of special set-up with USPS that gets the discs to people faster. But I don't expect a smaller company like 3D-BR to be able to do the same...anymore than I'd want the company to be ham-strung by the studios' 28-day (or more) delays and stripped-down rental discs. The movies get to me in one piece, undamaged (so far) and that's all that matters to me..

post #388 of 594 Old 04-05-2013, 08:08 AM
3BR

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan71287 View Post

Hello. I have been a customer for a month now. I just got my second recurring bill/payment to you guys. I have enjoyed the movies I have received but I am not 100% satisfied.

I read that for the 2 movies a month, you can get up to 10 Blu-Rays in that month. Now, I want to take full advantage of that. But sadly I cant. Why? Because it takes over 6 days for me to receive anything from you guys. I don't seem to understand why it takes so long. You use the same service as BLOCKBUSTER uses, that is USPS. But they seem to get their products to customers house, me, and they take 1 to 2 days. So, why does your mailing of a DVD take so long?

Thanks, and have a good day.

Thank you for your feedback. Shipping times with the USPS can be very inconsistent. It should take 3-5 business days to go from coast to coast. That's why we allow our subscription customers to place an order for the next title to ship as soon as they place their current rental in the mail to us. You do not have to wait for us to receive your current rental before your next one ships. I suspect that your average delivery time will decrease. Please note weekend orders are generally not shipped until Monday.

Blockbuster may have a location closer to your mailing address but you want to check with them to see if they ship your next title before they receive your current one back. Hope this helps.
post #389 of 594 Old 04-05-2013, 08:10 AM
3BR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekbones View Post

I also find it odd that it takes 5 or 6 days to ship DVD's. I do no that I am on the east coast and you are on the west coast but when I return a Disc to you I get an email that you received it in 2 days (3 at the most). Assuming you are sending a disc when you say you are I guess USPS is not very kind to your mass shipments and getting them out in a timely manor..

My answer above should address your comment too...let us know if it does not.
post #390 of 594 Old 04-23-2013, 04:08 PM

Hello. I have not been able to see movies lately... and I would like to cancel my service till I can get it again. How do i do this? I need to do this TODAY.

Thanks.
Reply 3D Content

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , Avatar Three Disc Extended Collectors Edition Bd Live Blu Ray , How To Train Your Dragon Two Disc Blu Ray 3d Dvd Combo , Tron Legacy Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo
Gear in this thread - Avatar by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page