http://www.3d-blurayrental.com/ - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 582 Old 10-28-2013, 03:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I just wanted to check in and say I've had no issues so far, only been a subscriber for month or two. Last Monday I a movie, received an email that said the status was waiting. I ordered another, same response. I ordered a third movie that shipped immediately, which I should receive today. I also received emails last Friday and today that my other two movies have shipped. So the wait time was not bad at all. The only thing that bugs me a little, is that it takes 4-5 days for me to get the movies, I'm in the Chicago area. Otherwise, no complaints at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 582 Old 10-28-2013, 04:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 104
I don't find the wait times for titles objectionable. I use the service to supplement my Comcast subscription, specifically to view my favorite genres (SciFi and Horror) at the highest possible resolution. I was a Blockbuster subscriber for years, and left only when service levels declined to the point where I would go weeks without getting a single movie of any genre. That, coupled with the fact that all of the BB stores in my area had closed, was enough to get me to try 3d-blurayrental.com. My only regret is not having done so sooner.
post #453 of 582 Old 10-28-2013, 07:21 PM

I left Blockbuster recently, wait time on newer movies was bad, I had problems with a lot of disks not playing properly, skipping etc...yes my firmware is up to date. And I also got tired of movies being "rental versions" that didn't have the lossless audio option. But as soon as I canceled my subscription, they were sending my movies at the top of my queue immediately, even though they were listed as "long wait." I thought that was funny, these are movies that they wouldn't send me for weeks, and now they start showing up? Plus the local stores closed too. So I made the switch.
Today I did receive two moves from 3dbr, one that shipped last Tuesday am done that shipped Friday, maybe the post office is getting faster?
post #454 of 582 Old 10-30-2013, 10:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I just received Game of Thrones Season 2 Disk 2... Unfortunately, it was disk 4 that was ordered, already had disk 2 a while back. smile.gif I'll return disk 2 today, hope to receive disk 4 soon. I hope I don't have to reorder it?

Can I please implore you once more to set up some kind of simple queue or want list on your website? It's really cumbersome and awkward to keep track the way it is now...
IVB likes this.
post #455 of 582 Old 11-01-2013, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: East of the Sun, West of the Moon (Home Farm, Emmerdale, Yorks)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Did anyone else get an email letting them know that their rental of the Hobbit Extended cut has been cancelled?
Quote:
We're writing to inform you we cancelled your order of Hobbit: An Unexpected
Journey Extended 3D. Rentals priced above $8 per/rental are the few exceptions
that are unavailable for our subscription customers. To rent this title, you
will need to check out as a guest and pay per/rental.

Given it costs us a lot more to obtain these exception movies, they are only
available on a pay per/rental basis.

Seriously?? Couldn't they have put this information somewhere when you click on it to place it in your cart? Or better yet, make it count as two rentals off your monthly limit?
post #456 of 582 Old 11-02-2013, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboi View Post

Did anyone else get an email letting them know that their rental of the Hobbit Extended cut has been cancelled?
Seriously?? Couldn't they have put this information somewhere when you click on it to place it in your cart? Or better yet, make it count as two rentals off your monthly limit?

Suggestion to 3D-BD-rental.com: Make your subscriber rates more of a matrix than it currently is. One Standard(and covert all existing subscriptions to it) and a higher cost "premium" subscription that allows any title to be checked out(or a certain number of premium titles each month).

Example(Based on current billing):

# of Discs Out Standard Premium
1 Disc $16 $22 (S+$6)
2 Discs $26 $34 (S+$8)
3 Discs $36 $46 (S+$10)

post #457 of 582 Old 11-02-2013, 10:35 AM

I have some suggestions for the site having worked in the rental business as a manager before and being very good at IT including support online businesses. However, much of what I would like to say/suggest likely should be said in a consumer forum as it's more business related.

post #458 of 582 Old 11-02-2013, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreationz View Post

Suggestion to 3D-BD-rental.com: Make your subscriber rates more of a matrix than it currently is. One Standard(and covert all existing subscriptions to it) and a higher cost "premium" subscription that allows any title to be checked out(or a certain number of premium titles each month).

Don't give 'em any ideas. Besides, they don't have enough "premium" content to justify it. Still pissed over the Hobbit extended edition being classified as an "exception" movie. What malarkey. Ordered mine from Amazon. If I'm going to have to pay $9 or more just for one viewing, I'll pay a bit more and get to keep it.
post #459 of 582 Old 11-02-2013, 10:08 PM
3BR

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Thank you all for your suggestions and comments. We really dont have that many titles priced over $8 to justify a separate premium plan. Will make sure our leaders see all your comments though. Over time, a lot of these premium titles get lowered in price so then they no longer require an exception to rent. That happens as titles decrease in cost for us to obtain. For example, Creature from the Black Lagoon was originally only available as a big bundle, now it's cheaper and we've lowered the price.

Hope that helps. Thanks.
post #460 of 582 Old 11-03-2013, 06:46 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3BR View Post

Hi Don, our average wait time is in the 1-10 day window before the rental ships, however, the guarantee has always been 20 days since we've opened our doors smile.gif

Thanks. The day after my post questioning the delay, I got notice you were shipping some of my backorders and I received 3 of them on Saturday. Just in time for the weekend. I appreciate the excellent feedback you always give. I continue to promote 3D-Blurayrental here and on other forums.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Don Landis
post #461 of 582 Old 11-03-2013, 06:58 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarki View Post

I just wanted to check in and say I've had no issues so far, only been a subscriber for month or two. Last Monday I a movie, received an email that said the status was waiting. I ordered another, same response. I ordered a third movie that shipped immediately, which I should receive today. I also received emails last Friday and today that my other two movies have shipped. So the wait time was not bad at all. The only thing that bugs me a little, is that it takes 4-5 days for me to get the movies, I'm in the Chicago area. Otherwise, no complaints at all.

I guess the mail varies. I live farther than you in Florida and the mail time is 2-3 days. No complaints. I usually order the latest releases and mostly in a preorder, ie before release date. In other rental companies ( except Blockbuster), buying or renting preorder gets you the copy shipped or delivered on release date. My complaint was that with 3DBRrental, lately, I've been still waiting well beyond the release date even with a preorder. I would think preordering would get some sort of priority to get ship notice on release date and receipt 2-3 days later.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Don Landis
post #462 of 582 Old 11-07-2013, 03:56 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 705 Post(s)
Liked: 734
Quote:

Don't give 'em any ideas. Besides, they don't have enough "premium" content to justify it. Still pissed over the Hobbit extended edition being classified as an "exception" movie. What malarkey. Ordered mine from Amazon. If I'm going to have to pay $9 or more just for one viewing, I'll pay a bit more and get to keep it.

I see why it's a more expensive title. I forgot that it was on two discs. I just received the rental in the mail today. I plan on watching it this weekend. If the extended version had been like the original trilogy where they added alot of content I would have purchased it, but for only an extra 20 minutes or so I figure I will just rent it and try to purchase the extended BD sometime later when it's on sale. Hopefully around the holidays if I'm lucky.

EDIT:eek.gif I also just looked at the coming soon list. I see that there is going to be a 3D version of Predator released:D. I need to make sure I remember to rent that in December. I haven't seen that in while. The holidays will be a good time for me to watch it.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #463 of 582 Old 11-07-2013, 05:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
I have a question regarding the service. I signed up for the 1 disc out at a time per month plan over the weekend and received my first disc in the mail today. I also ordered Monsters University 3D Blu-ray, but from the e-mail I received there is a waiting time for this disc. I was under the impression I could order a disc as I am waiting for the other one to arrive in the mail, but I may have misread a thing or two. From my understanding now, I would have been able to order a second disc if there was a waiting time for the disc I had previously ordered and not while the first disc was actually being shipped to me. I found this out after I had ordered the second disc which is Monsters University 3D Blu-ray. I am going to watch the disc I received in the mail tonight and then put it in the mail to return tomorrow. At this time, am I allowed to order another disc while there is a wait time for Monsters University or do I simply have to wait until I put Monsters University back in the mail to return?
post #464 of 582 Old 11-08-2013, 10:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Ok. Is it me, or has the "list of available titles for rent' gone AWOL?
post #465 of 582 Old 11-08-2013, 10:53 AM
IVB
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Gone, I can't seem to log in, and it claims I don't have an account.

(Never cancelled my account, other than initial hiccups, currently going ok)

------------------------------------
I'm on 
a lot more than online forums now, contact me there if you want something.

post #466 of 582 Old 11-08-2013, 12:07 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 705 Post(s)
Liked: 734
Everything seemed fine for me around 20 minutes ago when I was logged in and browsing the site.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #467 of 582 Old 11-08-2013, 12:43 PM
AVS Special Member

I just signed up for the subscription plan! My new 60" panny plasma arrives next week, hoping to try out some 3D!
post #468 of 582 Old 11-09-2013, 08:34 PM
3BR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Matt View Post

I have a question regarding the service. I signed up for the 1 disc out at a time per month plan over the weekend and received my first disc in the mail today. I also ordered Monsters University 3D Blu-ray, but from the e-mail I received there is a waiting time for this disc. I was under the impression I could order a disc as I am waiting for the other one to arrive in the mail, but I may have misread a thing or two. From my understanding now, I would have been able to order a second disc if there was a waiting time for the disc I had previously ordered and not while the first disc was actually being shipped to me. I found this out after I had ordered the second disc which is Monsters University 3D Blu-ray. I am going to watch the disc I received in the mail tonight and then put it in the mail to return tomorrow. At this time, am I allowed to order another disc while there is a wait time for Monsters University or do I simply have to wait until I put Monsters University back in the mail to return?

Hi, if I understand your situation correctly, yes, you can order another title while you are waiting on a disc. We recommend this other title as something that would be in stock. In your case, when Monsters University 3D becomes available, it will ship too even though you might have something else outstanding. So in this example, you can two discs out at a time even though you're on a 1 disc plan....that's ok and is a perk to our plans.
post #469 of 582 Old 11-09-2013, 08:35 PM
3BR

Quote:

Ok. Is it me, or has the "list of available titles for rent' gone AWOL?

Our website now contains inventory directly on each title. You will now notice “in stock” or “out of stock” for each title. For out of stock title, you can still order it and will just be put in a waiting queue for the title.
post #470 of 582 Old 11-09-2013, 08:37 PM
3BR

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVB View Post

Gone, I can't seem to log in, and it claims I don't have an account.

(Never cancelled my account, other than initial hiccups, currently going ok)

Hopefully you were able to log in now...if not, feel free to private message me or send our customer care group an email.
post #471 of 582 Old 11-09-2013, 08:37 PM
3BR

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymaid520 View Post

I just signed up for the subscription plan! My new 60" panny plasma arrives next week, hoping to try out some 3D!

Cool, hope you enjoy the service!
post #472 of 582 Old 11-10-2013, 09:51 PM

Liked: 11
I know a few people have brought up the idea of having a queue for users to keep track of titles they would want. While I would also like to see this implemented, I understand it is probably a bigger programming change than you would like to make. I would be happy if I could see a listing in my account of all titles I currently have waiting or outstanding. Something similar to what the emails look like but visible on the user account page.

Thanks,
Fred

post #473 of 582 Old 11-10-2013, 10:01 PM
IVB
AVS Special Member

FYI to folks given my above posts: I'm now contemplating a different test, which I admit is a HUGE shift: I might drop my Netflix service to 1 DVD out at a time (saves $5/month) and move 3DBR to 2 DVDs at a time (add'l $10/month). I can use Netflix to house the queue but keep the 3D stuff at the bottom so it never gets serviced.

100.00% of the reason for my thought despite my earlier frustration is the stellar customer service. I'm hoping that I just ran into a bad few issues or lack of understanding of the system (which could still be addressed via a queue), and using 2 3D titles keeps the family movie nights in full effect.

------------------------------------
I'm on 
a lot more than online forums now, contact me there if you want something.

post #474 of 582 Old 11-10-2013, 10:09 PM
3BR

Hi members, we are close to launching a wish list functionality which is similar to the queue feature. You will be able to add as many movies you wish to your wish list. For subscribers, when you return your current rental, go to your wishlist and you can then check out your next title. For those with multiple family members, you can all add to the same wish list smile.gif We think you'll like it....more to come soon. Thanks for all the feedback.
mmarki likes this.
post #475 of 582 Old 11-11-2013, 01:20 PM

Liked: 12
I have been doing business with this firm for a year, since purchasing my 55" LG 3D TV. They have provided perfect service by promptly shipping rentals to me and accountability for every disc I have sent them to exchange for rental credit. They are very generous in their credit allowances and post immediately to my account.
post #476 of 582 Old 11-11-2013, 02:15 PM

Quote:

Hi members, we are close to launching a wish list functionality which is similar to the queue feature. You will be able to add as many movies you wish to your wish list. For subscribers, when you return your current rental, go to your wishlist and you can then check out your next title. For those with multiple family members, you can all add to the same wish list smile.gif We think you'll like it....more to come soon. Thanks for all the feedback.

Great!! I have used the service for a few months without any complaints. Can't wait for the wishlist. Great news!!
post #477 of 582 Old 11-12-2013, 02:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:

Our website now contains inventory directly on each title. You will now notice “in stock” or “out of stock” for each title. For out of stock title, you can still order it and will just be put in a waiting queue for the title.
Sounds good and thanks for the reply. I returned Epic in the mail on Friday and immediately ordered my next title right away which was listed in stock as I wait for Monsters University. I wanted to ensure I was using the service the correct way.
post #478 of 582 Old 11-19-2013, 09:02 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:

How does the new wish list function work? What happens when I select reserve on a title in my wish list?

Cheers

post #479 of 582 Old 11-19-2013, 10:33 PM
3BR

Quote:
Originally Posted by igboo View Post

How does the new wish list function work? What happens when I select reserve on a title in my wish list?

Cheers

Hi, the best response is probably from our FAQ page. See below. The reserve button really does not apply unless you share the list with a friend....it just lets "your friend" know you're interested in that title.

Answer:
Our wish list feature is similar to queue system but is slightly differently. You can add as many titles as you like to your wish list. Unlike a queue system, we do not automatically send titles from your wish list.

For subscribers, what we recommend is to add all the titles you want to your wish list. For example, if you are on a 1 Disc at a Time Plan, choose just one title from your wish list and check out. Once you return that title, select your next title from your wish list you want and then check out. Remember, you can place your next order as soon as you put your rental in the mail to us....you do not need to wait for us to receive the rental before placing your next order.

Only if there is a short wait / "out of stock" for a rental that you choose should you select another title from your wish list.
post #480 of 582 Old 11-19-2013, 11:55 PM
AVS Club Gold

3BR-

I just went to my account because I received an e-mail that my password has been changed. I tried to log in with my old password and it would not allow me in. I tried the new one you sent me and it allowed me in but all my account history info has been deleted.

What's going on? Has there been a security breach? Is my CC info secure?

Don Landis
Reply 3D Content

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , Avatar Three Disc Extended Collectors Edition Bd Live Blu Ray , How To Train Your Dragon Two Disc Blu Ray 3d Dvd Combo , Tron Legacy Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo
Gear in this thread - Avatar by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page