post #511 of 594 Old 01-04-2014, 02:22 AM
3BR

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by agorena123 View Post

Just signed up to give it a try. I notice many of the popular titles are out of stock. Is this a temporary holiday thing or the usual state of availability?

Usually the first few weeks after a title releases is when its most popular. What we recommend you do with those titles is to order it to get on the wait list for it rather than wait for it to be in stock. Hope that helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #512 of 594 Old 01-13-2014, 11:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I have both www.3d-blurayrental and netflix.  I have to say 3d-blurayrental treats its customers like royalties whereas netflix treats them like garbage.  Sure 3d-blurayrental costs more to rent but they do provide you with titles that are not available at netflix.  On top of that, 3d-blurayrental listens.  I tried the 1-disc subscription plan to start with and even before the end of the month I opted to upgrade to 3-disc plan.  That's how impressed I am with them.  Most discs appear to be out of stock, sure, but they make every good effort to send it to you as soon as it is available and within reasonable time.  So far I haven't been disappointed.  They also take special care to protect their discs whereas many of the discs I receive from netflix are unplayable.  I was a little suspicious to start with but I thought, what the heck, if I don't like it I'll just cancel.  I'm glad I took the risk.

post #513 of 594 Old 01-14-2014, 03:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellylee20202 View Post

I have both [URL=http:]www.3d-blurayrental[/URL] and netflix.  I have to say 3d-blurayrental treats its customers like royalties whereas netflix treats them like garbage.  Sure 3d-blurayrental costs more to rent but they do provide you with titles that are not available at netflix.  On top of that, 3d-blurayrental listens. 

Totally agree. What's exceptional about them is that if they don't have a specific title in stock, if you request it, they'll add it almost immediately. And if you're like me and enjoy things like commentaries and extended cuts, that's usually what you get with their BDs. (unlike the bare-bones, stripped-down discs you are stuck with from NF and Redbox). That alone is worth a couple extra bucks for a desired disc. (And still usually less than what we would have paid for a rental back when Blockbuster was the sole option.)

post #514 of 594 Old 01-18-2014, 05:42 PM
IVB
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
A) Ditto to above, I have both NF & 3D, but in a few weeks i'm cancelling the NF DVD plan. There's a few wacky titles, simpler to just purge via NF.
B) feature request: If someone orders 2 discs at once, don't ship them in the same envelope. I got both Madagascar 3 & This Is The End. The kids watched Madagascar almost instantly, but it took the wife & I 2 weeks to get to ours. We couldn't ship back the kids one until we finished ours.

------------------------------------
I'm on Google Plus a lot more than online forums now, contact me there if you want something.

post #515 of 594 Old 01-19-2014, 01:35 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 793 Post(s)
Liked: 772
It seems like my issue is the opposite. I would rather have two titles in one envelope but they usually ship them separately.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #516 of 594 Old 01-19-2014, 07:35 PM
IVB
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

It seems like my issue is the opposite. I would rather have two titles in one envelope but they usually ship them separately.

Curious, what value do you see in getting them together? Is it faster? Or some other reason?

I'm on Google Plus a lot more than online forums now, contact me there if you want something.

post #517 of 594 Old 01-19-2014, 07:46 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVB View Post

Curious, what value do you see in getting them together? Is it faster? Or some other reason?

Just one less envelope for me to deal with. With Netflix they send them in separate envelopes but I usually put two discs in one envelope when I send them back. But I also usually send multiple discs back at the same time. I don't typically put a disc in the mail right after viewing it. I'll wait until the end of the weekend for 3DBD to send those titles back since I don't usually request a new title until Tuesday, when the new releases can first be ordered. A week before they are available.

LED DLP

post #518 of 594 Old 01-20-2014, 09:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 573 Post(s)
Liked: 896

I've posted this elsewhere, but the FIOS UI (that I maintain is bad, but better than comcast's) has a way of seeing all the first-run 3D releases for rent.  All of them AFAICT between $5.99 and $7.99.  A lot easier than waiting for a BD.  They had the major stuff too like Man of Steel, Star Trek, etc.

And I can vouche for the quality being superb.  (IMO).

The problem is, it's hidden under an absurd place.  You don't need HBO or Showtime.

Main UI Menu -> Video On Demand -> Movies -> Collections -> 3D Movies

Annoyingly counter-intuitive place.  "Collections".  Good grief.

I believe it's on par with the 3d-blurayrental place cost, and "instant".

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. Unless, of course, it's to keep someone from creating a phone video in portrait mode, in which case it's a pretty good first step. Portrait mooks: KNOCK IT OFF.
post #519 of 594 Old 01-20-2014, 09:16 PM
IVB
AVS Special Member

question: I have a half dozen kids BluRays that I'd really like to get, but they're perpetually out of stock. Should I "order" it, then get something else while I wait? Or just wait for it to be in stock?

post #520 of 594 Old 01-20-2014, 09:49 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post

I've posted this elsewhere, but the FIOS UI (that I maintain is bad, but better than comcast's) has a way of seeing all the first-run 3D releases for rent.  All of them AFAICT between $5.99 and $7.99.  A lot easier than waiting for a BD.  They had the major stuff too like Man of Steel, Star Trek, etc.

The problem is, it's hidden under an absurd place.  You don't need HBO or Showtime.

Even if it is on par with cost it is nowhere near on par in quality for audio and video with a BD. While the streaming might look good on its own, if you compare them to a BD there is a huge difference between them. This goes for any streaming service.

LED DLP

post #521 of 594 Old 01-21-2014, 06:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

Even if it is on par with cost it is nowhere near on par in quality for audio and video with a BD. While the streaming might look good on its own, if you compare them to a BD there is a huge difference between them. This goes for any streaming service.

.........and this is generally true.  However, I do have to vouch for the quality I've seen these things at, and I notice everything.  I do not like the stream quality of netflix thus far for instance, and I absolutely can tell the difference between the ubercompressed 1080i from FIOS vs. the much less compressed blu-ray 1080p.  In fact I can see the 4K vs 2K differences on a 65" at 12 feet, despite that silly chart floating around.

However for 3D.....I'm just not convinced it's as big a deal in my case.  Perhaps it's because I'm a passive 3D guy and I'm already losing vertical resolution even with progressive.  So maybe the interlaced formats "match" the 3D better?  Each half-frame of 1080i is already 540.

The bottom line is that I've found the FIOS 3D quality to be great.  I'd say give it a try first before avoiding it on the idea that you might not like it.

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. Unless, of course, it's to keep someone from creating a phone video in portrait mode, in which case it's a pretty good first step. Portrait mooks: KNOCK IT OFF.
post #522 of 594 Old 01-21-2014, 06:58 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

.........and this is generally true.  However, I do have to vouch for the quality I've seen these things at, and I notice everything.  I do not like the stream quality of netflix thus far for instance, and I absolutely can tell the difference between the ubercompressed 1080i from FIOS vs. the much less compressed blu-ray 1080p.  In fact I can see the 4K vs 2K differences on a 65" at 12 feet, despite that silly chart floating around.

However for 3D.....I'm just not convinced it's as big a deal in my case.  Perhaps it's because I'm a passive 3D guy and I'm already losing vertical resolution even with progressive.  So maybe the interlaced formats "match" the 3D better?  Each half-frame of 1080i is already 540.

The bottom line is that I've found the FIOS 3D quality to be great.  I'd say give it a try first before avoiding it on the idea that you might not like it.

I'm not saying to avoid it. I stream 2D and 3D content as well as rent and buy 2D and 3D BDs. The BDs always look better. But it doesn't mean I don't want to watch streaming content. It is too convenient to avoid it.

LED DLP

post #523 of 594 Old 01-22-2014, 03:04 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Id like to see 3d blueray rental add run times on blueray sleeve always liked that netflix did this
post #524 of 594 Old 01-22-2014, 04:16 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwk2293 View Post

Id like to see 3d blueray rental add run times on blueray sleeve always liked that netflix did this

The running time info is on their webpage for each title.

LED DLP

post #525 of 594 Old 01-23-2014, 04:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:

+1
I have a 10 foot diagonal projector image. Bluray rocks whereas any streaming is watchable but flaws of compression shown plus I don’t see streaming doing DTS-HD MA or Dolby True HD soundtracks which Bluray does.
old corps likes this.
post #526 of 594 Old 01-23-2014, 10:41 PM
3BR

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVB View Post

question: I have a half dozen kids BluRays that I'd really like to get, but they're perpetually out of stock. Should I "order" it, then get something else while I wait? Or just wait for it to be in stock?

Hi, we recommend you order them to get on the wait list instead of waiting for them to be in stock. As for 2 discs in one comment you made earlier, you can return one of the two titles before the other in the provided envelope. Just order your next title and then you can return the 2nd disc with the return envelope that comes with the new title. Hope that makes sense.
post #527 of 594 Old 01-23-2014, 10:42 PM
3BR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwk2293 View Post

We recommend what AaronWT says by checking our website.
post #528 of 594 Old 02-26-2014, 10:14 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 509
Quick question. I have Gravity on order (I am on the one out at a time plan) which is currently out of stock. I am thinking about buying this title now locally and am curious how I cancel my order for the rental?

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
post #529 of 594 Old 02-27-2014, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

Quick question. I have Gravity on order (I am on the one out at a time plan) which is currently out of stock. I am thinking about buying this title now locally and am curious how I cancel my order for the rental?

Just send them an email. they usually respond very quickly. You'll enjoy the movie!

orders@3d-bluray.com

Ed
post #530 of 594 Old 02-27-2014, 10:27 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3BR View Post

Hi, we recommend you order them to get on the wait list instead of waiting for them to be in stock. .

While this is better than what you had before, I still experience long wait times until you ship titles that I ordered when they were listed as in stock. For about the past 5 months my wait times average 7-10 days. The last title I ordered took 11 days to ship and it was listed as "In Stock for 3 days after I placed my order.

While your service is the best we have and I enjoy your presence here and very good response by e-mail, the only complaint I have is the long wait times that got much worse since I started ordering. It doesn't appear to be a first come first serve anymore.

The reality is that, now when I decide to order, I don't expect to see the title for 3 weeks after CC is charged. When your service was new I typically got titles in 4-5 days from placing the order. Pre ordering new titles even on day one it is announced might take nearly a month to receive.
post #531 of 594 Old 02-27-2014, 12:21 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps View Post

Just send them an email. they usually respond very quickly. You'll enjoy the movie!

orders@3d-bluray.com

Ed

Thanks Ed, sounds good!

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
post #532 of 594 Old 02-27-2014, 01:09 PM
AVS Club Gold

I just send an email reply to the confirmation email they sent, asking them to cancel the title I ordered.
Toe likes this.

LED DLP

post #533 of 594 Old 02-27-2014, 05:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Landis View Post

The reality is that, now when I decide to order, I don't expect to see the title for 3 weeks after CC is charged. When your service was new I typically got titles in 4-5 days from placing the order. Pre ordering new titles even on day one it is announced might take nearly a month to receive.

I'd guess (hope) that it might be due to 3DBR starting to get more business as more people discover them. Sure, they could get more copies but they are (I assume) a small and relatively new company. So having a bunch of surplus copies after the initial "new release" surge dies down may not be financially practical. The longest I've ever had to wait is 10 days (and usually less than that) and I can live with that time-frame. Better than waiting months as Disney is doing with FROZEN!

post #534 of 594 Old 02-28-2014, 07:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema13 View Post

Quote:

I'd guess (hope) that it might be due to 3DBR starting to get more business as more people discover them. Sure, they could get more copies but they are (I assume) a small and relatively new company. So having a bunch of surplus copies after the initial "new release" surge dies down may not be financially practical. The longest I've ever had to wait is 10 days (and usually less than that) and I can live with that time-frame. Better than waiting months as Disney is doing with FROZEN!

Coincidentally, I was just spending some time yesterday looking for the 3DBD of Frozen, and trying to find out just what the Disney "plan" was there.  No one knows other than some vague reference to a recent quote (Jan-2014) from them that it's held off "indefinitely".  Frankly, I hate this 3D shenanigans....it sure doesn't help any.

post #535 of 594 Old 02-28-2014, 08:33 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema13 View Post

A good business will ramp up as necessary when the business grows. UI agree with you that they are growing and appear to be successful. To cause customers to wait longer and longer times for product delivery as the demand increases is a sign of a flaw in the business plan. This same problem was demonstrated in both Blockbuster and Netflix. Netflix ramped up and improved as the business grew. Blockbuster never did and look what happened to them. The only reason I dropped my BB mail order account is because of their 2-4 week delivery. I now use Red Box and it is very fast and low cost. I have a dozen kiosks within 5 minutes of my house and over 30 within 15 minutes. All Redbox needs to do is begin to offer 3D titles and see if I wait for 3Dblurayrentals. You can come to their defense but this is not personal. I have been a huge, huge supporter of their 3D rentals here and on other forums helping to spread the word. It is business and businesses have success or failure based on their ability to compete. It appears the only thing that will kill Redbox is their own failure to deliver or digital download and they are already in the digital download business.

As for Disney- They are still in the theatrical phase of their release of Frozen throughout the world. The movie, both 2D and 3D has been released according to the announced schedule in secure digital form only. I have it here and plan to watch it for the second time tonight with the grandkids. The 2D and 3D was initially released for home viewing in digital download on Feb 25. If you choose to not buy that it is not Disney to blame. It is your choice. There are other announced release dates for various formats of the movie over the next several months. Disney nor any other production company follows your desired release schedule and prices. They carefully plan these to maximize profits and those profits are important to have the resources to make the next huge production that you will be complaining is not soon enough and not cheap enough.
post #536 of 594 Old 02-28-2014, 08:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The 2D and 3D was initially released for home viewing in digital download on Feb 25. If you choose to not buy that it is not Disney to blame. It is your choice.

Most of your post I agree with, but this ^^^ just doesn't connect.  Of course it is my choice if I choose not to buy it.  But I am still free to complain about the availability of it; and that is Disney's decision, not mine.  All decisions by companies are subject to scrutiny whether they make economic "sense" or not.

post #537 of 594 Old 02-28-2014, 09:08 AM
AVS Club Gold

You are correct! You have a right to complain and it should be considered just that. The best complaint is to write to the company and express your displeasure to them. Likely you will receive a response you will not like but I'm sure your letter will not be ignored. If you wish to protest, the best way is to not purchase but it takes a lot of protesters and boy-cotters to counter the supporters. I hope I didn't give you the impression you don't have a right to complain. I do enough complaining myself. But I do try to be constructive in my complaining. That is, suggest what is needed to resolve a problem either with my own suggestion or an example of what others ( competitors) are doing.
post #538 of 594 Old 02-28-2014, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You are correct! You have a right to complain and it should be considered just that. The best complaint is to write to the company and express your displeasure to them.

Ok.

However, I'm of the firm belief that the best way to complain are "open letters" to the company.  And that's precisely what forums provide a vehicle for.  Such posts/threads serve 2 purposes.  1. It makes it clear what bothers us....and they'd be silly to not monitor the pulse of the chatter in the internet.  And 2. it informs others of the issue.

For example, I would never have known that the BD release of the latest Star Trek movie had different "exclusives" granted to different retail outlets for their extra content.  Apparently Amazon had the least of it, Target had 1 exclusive set of extras, and Walmart another.  Caused quite a stir, and gave me a starting point to do research on it.

Complaints in public forums (actual forums, facebook, reviews, etc.) are very powerful in this regard.  As an aside though, social media (facebook/twitter/etc.) are not what I'm a fan of: they are absurdly powerful sources of immediately passed-around misinformation.  In forums, there is at least a chance for the conversation to exist.

post #539 of 594 Old 02-28-2014, 02:12 PM
AVS Club Gold

What's up with the pre-order for the Hunger Games: Catching Fire Blu-ray (Rental)? Usually titles are released on Tuesdays and we can pre-order the Tuesday before. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire Blu-ray (Rental) shows a release date of Friday 3/7. But today is one week before and I'm still unable to pre-order it.

LED DLP

post #540 of 594 Old 02-28-2014, 08:39 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Ok.

However, I'm of the firm belief that the best way to complain are "open letters" to the company.  And that's precisely what forums provide a vehicle for.  Such posts/threads serve 2 purposes.  1. It makes it clear what bothers us....and they'd be silly to not monitor the pulse of the chatter in the internet.  And 2. it informs others of the issue.

For example, I would never have known that the BD release of the latest Star Trek movie had different "exclusives" granted to different retail outlets for their extra content.  Apparently Amazon had the least of it, Target had 1 exclusive set of extras, and Walmart another.  Caused quite a stir, and gave me a starting point to do research on it.

Complaints in public forums (actual forums, facebook, reviews, etc.) are very powerful in this regard.  As an aside though, social media (facebook/twitter/etc.) are not what I'm a fan of: they are absurdly powerful sources of immediately passed-around misinformation.  In forums, there is at least a chance for the conversation to exist.

If you know the company is monitoring posts made in a forum then we agree that posting a complaint in the forum is very powerful. However, I do feel there is a courtesy due if the complaint is of a personal nature such as a billing issue. If of a general nature, such as mine where timing between when a title is ordered and when it gets sent is being experienced by most then I felt the need to post mine here.

But when you do not know if a company is represented in a forum, posting a complaint may never be seen by anyone who can do anything about it. That's when a direct letter to those in charge, in my experience, always gets a response. But that letter is just a single complaint.

Agreed that social media is more of a battle of anger, fanboys, and people who just love a good fight. I have a face book page but rarely use it and put it up mainly for my relatives who use it often. I never got into Twitter. It seems it wants to take over your life following celebrities. I feel good about facebook as a business and have made some good money on its stock since they bottomed after the IPO. But having agreed with you on the social media side, I also find that AVSForum can be a den of negativity and often unsatisfying for veteran members. There was a time when the 3D section was made up of only enthusiasts and then the trolls invaded. Some weak enthusiasts began to suffer from FUD as to the future of 3D and even took up sides. They violated the cardinal rule in life, don't bite the hand that feeds you. If any company is a good supporter of 3D I really want them to succeed. So when I read posts that put opinionated lies about a 3D supplier, I will dig to find the facts and post them. Of course, I then get accused of posting 'BS" called a liar etc. The only salvation is time and soon history in almost all cases proves what I posted correct.

Anyway, I sincerely hope 3BR is looking into this timing for shipping problem and can find a good business solution for it. I don't know his business but can imagine the risk of a new title peaking out and then needing to be sold off. If I were in his business, I would look at a web page to advertise older titles for sale and post the sales prices. Blockbuster B&M stores did rather well turning dead inventory into cash that way. 3BR already has this declining rental price after so much time If they put up a web page of non-moving titles and constantly updated the prices with sales as the inventory aged, the cash raised would help buy more of the new releases on day one. They should have the experience to make these calls on how many to order by now, how many to keep in rental after 3 months, when to retire the title altogether. At what price would you pay to buy a used 3D BD?
When BB B&M had those sales I was buying classic titles in BD at 3 for $10. I certainly would pay $5 each for a dead title. How about you?
Reply 3D Content

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , Avatar Three Disc Extended Collectors Edition Bd Live Blu Ray , How To Train Your Dragon Two Disc Blu Ray 3d Dvd Combo , Tron Legacy Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo
Gear in this thread - Avatar by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page