http://www.3d-blurayrental.com/ - Page 20 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #571 of 594 Old 08-15-2014, 02:27 PM
AVS Special Member
 
cinema13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,690
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
The same here in the DC area. I guess I need to look closer but I don't remember seeing 3D titles at Redox here.
RB has titles like DREDD and I, FRANKENSTEIN in 3D...but that is only because both the 2D and 3D are on one disc.

cinema13 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #572 of 594 Old 08-15-2014, 02:39 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 21,683
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 767 Post(s)
Liked: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema13 View Post
RB has titles like DREDD and I, FRANKENSTEIN in 3D...but that is only because both the 2D and 3D are on one disc.
I forgot about those titles.
aaronwt is offline  
post #573 of 594 Old 08-16-2014, 02:55 PM
AVS Special Member
 
cinema13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,690
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
That is a nice advantage for sure!
One more advantage...if there are new titles out that 3DBR is not carrying, just let them know. They'll make an effort to add them, when feasible. That's something that NF or RB will never do.

cinema13 is offline  
post #574 of 594 Old 08-16-2014, 03:15 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 21,683
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 767 Post(s)
Liked: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema13 View Post
One more advantage...if there are new titles out that 3DBR is not carrying, just let them know. They'll make an effort to add them, when feasible. That's something that NF or RB will never do.
Yes. I've done that once. There was an Anime title that was the third in a series. I had rented the first two from them but they didn't have the third one listed. So I asked them about it. And they just had me send them links of where it was available so I sent them a link from BestBuy and Amazon. And a short time later the rental had been sent to me. That was nice.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

aaronwt is offline  
post #575 of 594 Old 08-18-2014, 01:31 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 21,683
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 767 Post(s)
Liked: 758
Crap!! I guess the new site is blocked for me at work. I never had issues before with the old site.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

aaronwt is offline  
post #576 of 594 Old 08-19-2014, 10:04 AM
3BR
Member
 
3BR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Crap!! I guess the new site is blocked for me at work. I never had issues before with the old site.
Sorry to hear that. Please try one of these 2 urls: 1) www.3d-blurayrental.com or 2) www.store-3d-blurayrental.com. You can also try to clear your cookies and history on your browser and try different browsers. Hope that helps.
3BR is offline  
post #577 of 594 Old 09-30-2014, 02:52 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Just signed up today for this. Is there an easy way to see which movies on your Wish List are actually in stock and which are short wait?

Also, if you are looking for suggestions @3BR , perhaps making the "In Stock" icon a different color than the "Short Wait" icon...?

Last edited by sketch_turntable; 09-30-2014 at 06:02 PM.
sketch_turntable is offline  
post #578 of 594 Old 10-01-2014, 06:00 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tgm1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,638
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 553 Post(s)
Liked: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3BR View Post
Sorry to hear that. Please try one of these 2 urls: 1) www.3d-blurayrental.com or 2) www.store-3d-blurayrental.com. You can also try to clear your cookies and history on your browser and try different browsers. Hope that helps.
You might consider setting up your own router to be a VPN relay (or use a service, but that might also be blocked), and then you just VPN to it or your own router (which then connects to whatever you want elsewhere). Your company would literally have no idea what you were looking at because 1. the destination IP looks like yours or the service's, and 2. packet inspection doesn't work on encrypted data streams.

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. Unless, of course, it's to keep someone from creating a phone video in portrait mode, in which case it's a pretty good first step. Portrait mooks: KNOCK IT OFF.
tgm1024 is online now  
post #579 of 594 Old 10-01-2014, 06:16 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 21,683
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 767 Post(s)
Liked: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post
You might consider setting up your own router to be a VPN relay (or use a service, but that might also be blocked), and then you just VPN to it or your own router (which then connects to whatever you want elsewhere). Your company would literally have no idea what you were looking at because 1. the destination IP looks like yours or the service's, and 2. packet inspection doesn't work on encrypted data streams.
We aren't allowed to mess with anything at work. It's a good way to get fired if you do. No idea what changed. But when they changed to the new website it started getting blocked at worked. And since the website has nothing to do with work related activities I can't ask for it to be unblocked.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

aaronwt is offline  
post #580 of 594 Old 10-01-2014, 06:40 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tgm1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,638
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 553 Post(s)
Liked: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
We aren't allowed to mess with anything at work. It's a good way to get fired if you do. No idea what changed. But when they changed to the new website it started getting blocked at worked. And since the website has nothing to do with work related activities I can't ask for it to be unblocked.
You're stuck with cell phone then. Temporarily turn off the wifi access and use OTA cell data for it. Piece of cake, at least with samsung phones.

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. Unless, of course, it's to keep someone from creating a phone video in portrait mode, in which case it's a pretty good first step. Portrait mooks: KNOCK IT OFF.
tgm1024 is online now  
post #581 of 594 Old 10-01-2014, 08:36 AM
3BR
Member
 
3BR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sketch_turntable View Post
Just signed up today for this. Is there an easy way to see which movies on your Wish List are actually in stock and which are short wait?

Also, if you are looking for suggestions @3BR , perhaps making the "In Stock" icon a different color than the "Short Wait" icon...?
Hi, our team is working on this right now. Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA on resolution sorry. The best way for now is to click on each individual title in your wish list and it will then tell you if in stock or not.
3BR is offline  
post #582 of 594 Old 10-01-2014, 09:52 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 21,683
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 767 Post(s)
Liked: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post
You're stuck with cell phone then. Temporarily turn off the wifi access and use OTA cell data for it. Piece of cake, at least with samsung phones.
I never turn off wifi access. But my phone also only uses wifi at home. I have unlimited data with Verizon Wireless. I typically just access the website from home instead. If I forget to do it in the morning then I might use my phone.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

aaronwt is offline  
post #583 of 594 Old 10-05-2014, 10:13 PM
Advanced Member
 
nightfly85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 959
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I've been using 3DBR now for a number of months. Overall it's good and seems to be getting better.

Usability could be improved and I would love to see these simply improvements:

1) ability to add title to wish list directly from movie list (i.e. search or "new releases" or "popular titles").
2) ability to order the wish list.

And drum roll please...the holy grail of features:

3) auto ship from the top of the wish list.

Regarding #3 . I understand that one can get a title shipped to them without 3DBR getting the previous - that's great. But say I have no titles out and I have a rental available and titles in my wish list, well then, send the top one out!

Thanks
nightfly85 is offline  
post #584 of 594 Old 10-08-2014, 04:39 PM
3BR
Member
 
3BR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfly85 View Post
I've been using 3DBR now for a number of months. Overall it's good and seems to be getting better.

Usability could be improved and I would love to see these simply improvements:

1) ability to add title to wish list directly from movie list (i.e. search or "new releases" or "popular titles").
2) ability to order the wish list.

And drum roll please...the holy grail of features:

3) auto ship from the top of the wish list.

Regarding #3 . I understand that one can get a title shipped to them without 3DBR getting the previous - that's great. But say I have no titles out and I have a rental available and titles in my wish list, well then, send the top one out!

Thanks
Glad you are enjoying the service. We are working on #1 ...not sure what you mean by #2 . As for #3 , our current systems allows for movies to ship before we get them back. If we implement something like this, we would only be able to ship once we get the current title back. Hope that helps. Thanks.
3BR is offline  
post #585 of 594 Old 10-08-2014, 07:14 PM
Advanced Member
 
nightfly85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 959
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3BR View Post
Glad you are enjoying the service. We are working on #1 ...not sure what you mean by #2 . As for #3 , our current systems allows for movies to ship before we get them back. If we implement something like this, we would only be able to ship once we get the current title back. Hope that helps. Thanks.
re #2 : prioritize them; change the order of the movies in the list. They seem to be ordered by date added only.
PatrynXX likes this.
nightfly85 is offline  
post #586 of 594 Old 10-09-2014, 12:52 PM
3BR
Member
 
3BR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfly85 View Post
re #2 : prioritize them; change the order of the movies in the list. They seem to be ordered by date added only.
Got it...will run that by our tech team as well. Thanks.
3BR is offline  
post #587 of 594 Old 10-17-2014, 06:41 AM
Advanced Member
 
Skrill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Vienna, VA
Posts: 558
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Well -- I signed up last night for the 1 disk at a time rental. Looking forward to my first disk.

BTW -- I just want to make sure I follewed the instructions correctly. It said to put a disk in cart (I put in Live Die Repeat 3D) and check out. Since it had a short wait, I then repeated the process with something that was in stock (Amazing Spider Man 2 3D).

Did I do it right?

CT
PatrynXX likes this.

_____________________________________________

My Bargain Basement Theater
Skrill is offline  
post #588 of 594 Old 10-18-2014, 06:55 AM
Newbie
 
PatrynXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema13 View Post
One more advantage...if there are new titles out that 3DBR is not carrying, just let them know. They'll make an effort to add them, when feasible. That's something that NF or RB will never do.
yeah nothing like seeing movies from other countries make it in. provided of course they run on zero regions or Region 1/A

trying to find a copy of Hogfather thats region free so I can point it out England don't think so and Germany looks like thats a no now. at least for Hogfather. and Michelle Dockery is young and hot and not totally black haired in there :P It's an odd Holiday movie but rather good in an odd laughing sort of way only on their $17 one out at a time. only downside is finding out something is on short wait. a week later still on short wait. smh and now they tell me it's okay to rent something else. Think more or less if it's 5 max a month , thats the max I should rent at once. or it'll overlap eventually and they don't allow that. But odds are at least with the blu rays I'll be getting them. DVD's anyone know besides Netflix who carries them especially tv shows. I've had Mork & Mindy in since Robin died in August. still on "Very Long Wait"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrill View Post
Well -- I signed up last night for the 1 disk at a time rental. Looking forward to my first disk.

BTW -- I just want to make sure I follewed the instructions correctly. It said to put a disk in cart (I put in Live Die Repeat 3D) and check out. Since it had a short wait, I then repeated the process with something that was in stock (Amazing Spider Man 2 3D).

Did I do it right?

CT
the way I understand it yes thats exactly it. I just learned that (blush)

Last edited by PatrynXX; 10-18-2014 at 06:57 AM. Reason: added the other quote. learned from other forums it's better this way
PatrynXX is offline  
post #589 of 594 Old 10-18-2014, 06:58 AM
Newbie
 
PatrynXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfly85 View Post
re #2 : prioritize them; change the order of the movies in the list. They seem to be ordered by date added only.
I do miss the pictures. but yes that part has messed me up before
PatrynXX is offline  
post #590 of 594 Old 10-18-2014, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Anthony1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Posts: 6,025
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 155
I know Dredd and Frankenstein are both 3D at RedBox, has anybody noticed anything else accidentally supporting 3D as well (via RedBox ) ?

I really miss Blockbuster Video. Can't believe I'd ever say that. Still, it's nice to feel like you want to watch a specific thing in 3D, and then just drive somewhere locally and rent that particular movie in 3D. If Blockbuster was still around, I would imagine they would have a small 3D section, and I'd be able to drive there on a whim, and grab a 3D movie.


3D-blurayrental is a great, no disrespect intended, but I just hate being locked into a continual service. I end up with "renter's guilt", when I'm on one of those plans.
Anthony1 is offline  
post #591 of 594 Old 10-19-2014, 08:39 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tgm1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,638
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 553 Post(s)
Liked: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post
I know Dredd and Frankenstein are both 3D at RedBox, has anybody noticed anything else accidentally supporting 3D as well (via RedBox ) ?

I really miss Blockbuster Video. Can't believe I'd ever say that. Still, it's nice to feel like you want to watch a specific thing in 3D, and then just drive somewhere locally and rent that particular movie in 3D. If Blockbuster was still around, I would imagine they would have a small 3D section, and I'd be able to drive there on a whim, and grab a 3D movie.


3D-blurayrental is a great, no disrespect intended, but I just hate being locked into a continual service. I end up with "renter's guilt", when I'm on one of those plans.
Are there any no-service-contract places that rent 3DBD's?

Seems like there should be.

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. Unless, of course, it's to keep someone from creating a phone video in portrait mode, in which case it's a pretty good first step. Portrait mooks: KNOCK IT OFF.
tgm1024 is online now  
post #592 of 594 Old 10-20-2014, 06:53 AM
Newbie
 
PatrynXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post
I know Dredd and Frankenstein are both 3D at RedBox, has anybody noticed anything else accidentally supporting 3D as well (via RedBox ) ?

I really miss Blockbuster Video. Can't believe I'd ever say that. Still, it's nice to feel like you want to watch a specific thing in 3D, and then just drive somewhere locally and rent that particular movie in 3D. If Blockbuster was still around, I would imagine they would have a small 3D section, and I'd be able to drive there on a whim, and grab a 3D movie.


3D-blurayrental is a great, no disrespect intended, but I just hate being locked into a continual service. I end up with "renter's guilt", when I'm on one of those plans.
well we have Family Video so it's not quite the end of the world. although the old store is a bit smaller now. they added a pizza store on the end of it but being smart there's a window in the wall so you can order while looking for movies.
PatrynXX is offline  
post #593 of 594 Old 10-20-2014, 11:25 AM
AVS Special Member
 
cinema13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,690
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post
Are there any no-service-contract places that rent 3DBD's?

Seems like there should be.
Well, no contract is needed for 3DBR. I rent both 3D and 2D, with no service plan. It's great that you can utilize whichever process best fits your needs

cinema13 is offline  
post #594 of 594 Old 10-20-2014, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tgm1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,638
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 553 Post(s)
Liked: 881
Is it technically legal for, say, 2 people to buy a movie, and share watching it between them? If so, can 5 people do it?

(No copying; just shuttling the same 3DBD back and forth)...

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. Unless, of course, it's to keep someone from creating a phone video in portrait mode, in which case it's a pretty good first step. Portrait mooks: KNOCK IT OFF.
tgm1024 is online now  
Reply 3D Content

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , Avatar Three Disc Extended Collectors Edition Bd Live Blu Ray , How To Train Your Dragon Two Disc Blu Ray 3d Dvd Combo , Tron Legacy Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo
Gear in this thread - Avatar by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off