http://www.3d-blurayrental.com/ - Page 22 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #631 of 807 Old 01-23-2015, 01:11 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 23,465
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1771 Post(s)
Liked: 1038
Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps View Post
I apologize for being off topic here but can you educate me on what these USPS changes are? My Netflix rentals have almost always been a one day wait. Lately they're 2-3 days.


BTW, I've only used 3dblurayrental for individual rentals, not a subscriber, but have had excellent service from them.


Ed
In the Netflix thread it was mentioned that the USPS has eliminated midnight sorting. Which ends up making the discs arrive later since they don't get sorted as quickly as they used to.

53TB unRAID2--38TB unRAID3--33TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #632 of 807 Old 01-23-2015, 02:03 PM
AVS Special Member
 
old corps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 1,606
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
In the Netflix thread it was mentioned that the USPS has eliminated midnight sorting. Which ends up making the discs arrive later since they don't get sorted as quickly as they used to.
Thanks Aaron. My latest bluray still hasn't arrived after 5 days. In this case, guess it's lost. NF is sending another.


Ed
old corps is offline  
post #633 of 807 Old 02-09-2015, 12:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
badboi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: East of the Sun, West of the Moon (Home Farm, Emmerdale, Yorks)
Posts: 1,643
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Anyone else having issues logging on to their site today? Can't seem to get access.

Quote:
An error has occurred. Please try your request again, or contact customer service for assistance. Thank you.
Please provide Reference #116826717 if contacting customer service.
badboi is offline  
post #634 of 807 Old 02-09-2015, 04:40 PM
Advanced Member
 
film113's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 926
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 58
No problem here. Are you putting in the hyphens? Try this link:

http://www.store-3d-blurayrental.com/default.asp
film113 is offline  
post #635 of 807 Old 02-09-2015, 06:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
badboi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: East of the Sun, West of the Moon (Home Farm, Emmerdale, Yorks)
Posts: 1,643
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 17
It is finally working now. I contacted them and apparently they had an issue with their website but fixed it. I thought it was my computer and Firefox. Hate that software.


badboi is offline  
post #636 of 807 Old 02-09-2015, 06:04 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 23,465
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1771 Post(s)
Liked: 1038
Quote:
Originally Posted by badboi View Post
Anyone else having issues logging on to their site today? Can't seem to get access.
I know I had an issue today. Whatever my bookmark was wouldn't load. But when I just typed in the regular address it worked. So I just changed the address of my bookmark to match it.

53TB unRAID2--38TB unRAID3--33TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline  
post #637 of 807 Old 02-10-2015, 02:15 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 23,465
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1771 Post(s)
Liked: 1038
What is going on with the 2/17 releases? Normally you can add them to your cart one week early. Which would be today, 02/10/2015.

But these nine, releases that come out on the 17th, still say to check back seven days before release.

Tale of The Princess Kaguya
The Interview
Dying of the Light
Birdman
An Autumn Afternoon
Dumb and Dumber To
St. Vincent
Munich
Homesman

53TB unRAID2--38TB unRAID3--33TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline  
post #638 of 807 Old 02-10-2015, 10:50 PM
3BR
Member
 
3BR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 108
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
What is going on with the 2/17 releases? Normally you can add them to your cart one week early. Which would be today, 02/10/2015.
They will be up by the morning of the 2/11. The outage with our web hosting provider on 2/9 pushed backed our ability to get these up. Thanks.
aaronwt likes this.
3BR is offline  
post #639 of 807 Old 05-08-2015, 01:30 PM
Advanced Member
 
Paul.R.S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hollywood, California
Posts: 815
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Received an (as usual, prompt) response to an e-mail I sent to the service recently confirming their move from Santa Clara to Naperville, Illinois. Faster delivery times to the East Coast but longer delivery times for me in L.A.

Using the service more than ever now; downgraded my Netflix sub by one disc per month. Good way to get at all those Twilight Time titles I want to see but not necessarily own.
old corps likes this.
Paul.R.S is offline  
post #640 of 807 Old 05-08-2015, 02:17 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 23,465
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1771 Post(s)
Liked: 1038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul.R.S View Post
Received an (as usual, prompt) response to an e-mail I sent to the service recently confirming their move from Santa Clara to Naperville, Illinois. Faster delivery times to the East Coast but longer delivery times for me in L.A.

Using the service more than ever now; downgraded my Netflix sub by one disc per month. Good way to get at all those Twilight Time titles I want to see but not necessarily own.
They moved? Maybe this explains why I recently got an email about two titles being received that I mailed back two or three months ago.

53TB unRAID2--38TB unRAID3--33TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline  
post #641 of 807 Old 06-03-2015, 02:09 PM
Advanced Member
 
Paul.R.S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hollywood, California
Posts: 815
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Moving/growing pains perhaps. I was surprised how long it took for me to receive e-mail confirmation of a recent return. I'm also very surprised to not have received an e-mail regarding my very tardy return of another recent rental.
Paul.R.S is offline  
post #642 of 807 Old 06-16-2015, 08:59 AM
Member
 
rural scribe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Laramie, WY
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul.R.S View Post
Moving/growing pains perhaps. I was surprised how long it took for me to receive e-mail confirmation of a recent return. I'm also very surprised to not have received an e-mail regarding my very tardy return of another recent rental.
I've noticed the leisurely pace of their emails and service too. It takes five days for disks to arrive sometimes (to southeast Wyoming). They also don't work on weekends.

I recently ordered disks at 9 p.m. on Friday. They were finally shipped the following Monday.

I found that it pays to make my orders in the morning, the earlier the better, to have the best chance of disks being shipped on the same day. If you order in the afternoon, it may not be shipped until the following day.

I'm on the two disk at a time plan right now, and it looks like I'll get my 10 disks this month, with not much time to spare. I always ship them back the next business day after I get them, and I order immediately after I ship.

Netflix is much faster since they have a shipping center nearby in Denver, but they don't do 3D disks. Netflix emails are prompt, too.

Right now I'm on both Netflix and 3D-blurayrental, but only temporarily on both. I also rent from a Hastings store in town and check out disks from local libraries too.

If the postal service eliminates Saturday deliveries, this will have a significant impact on these kinds of services, and customers like me, who try to keep the cost per disk as low as possible.
rural scribe is offline  
post #643 of 807 Old 06-16-2015, 11:38 AM
Advanced Member
 
Paul.R.S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hollywood, California
Posts: 815
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural scribe View Post
I've noticed the leisurely pace of their emails and service too. It takes five days for disks to arrive sometimes (to southeast Wyoming). They also don't work on weekends. . . .

Netflix is much faster since they have a shipping center nearby in Denver, but they don't do 3D disks. Netflix emails are prompt, too.

Right now I'm on both Netflix and 3D-blurayrental, but only temporarily on both. I also rent from a Hastings store in town and check out disks from local libraries too.

If the postal service eliminates Saturday deliveries, this will have a significant impact on these kinds of services, and customers like me, who try to keep the cost per disk as low as possible.
Thanks for your comments.

Interesting that you're experiencing slowed delivery (and service): I attributed the slowed service in terms of e-mail to the change in vendors and the slowed mail delivery to L.A. being much farther from Naperville than San Jose. But in your case, Laramie is about equidistant between those cities so it appears there are other issues at work than just USPS delivery time regarding the slowed deliveries.

(FWIW although still prompt with shipment confirmation and returns acknowledgment, Netflix e-mails have changed over time, too. For instance, whenever they used to source a disc from a distribution center farther away due to it not being available locally, they would send an e-mail stating such. They ceased that and now just send you an additional disc. This happened to me recently: once the disc arrived, sure enough, it had come from New York. But I think Nf-to-3DBR comparisons are in some ways apples-to-oranges given how much larger and longer-running an operation the former is.)

Last edited by Paul.R.S; 06-16-2015 at 11:44 AM.
Paul.R.S is offline  
post #644 of 807 Old 06-16-2015, 11:56 AM
Member
 
rural scribe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Laramie, WY
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul.R.S View Post
Thanks for your comments.

Interesting that you're experiencing slowed delivery (and service): I attributed the slowed service in terms of e-mail to the change in vendors and the slowed mail delivery to L.A. being much farther from Naperville than San Jose. But in your case, Laramie is about equidistant between those cities so it appears there are other issues at work than just USPS delivery time regarding the slowed deliveries.
It hasn't really slowed, and the Illinois location is 200 miles closer than their California location. It has always been slow, continues to be slow, and hasn't sped up any.

The same can be said for USPS.

Maybe once they were fast. I remember once getting a DVD I bought from a vendor in Virginia in only two days, but that was a rare thing.
rural scribe is offline  
post #645 of 807 Old 06-16-2015, 12:41 PM
Advanced Member
 
Paul.R.S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hollywood, California
Posts: 815
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural scribe View Post
It hasn't really slowed, and the Illinois location is 200 miles closer than their California location. It has always been slow, continues to be slow, and hasn't sped up any.
Okay thanks for clarifying/additional comments. 1,156 versus 983 miles says GoogleMaps. I'd just tend to think that difference is fairly negligible in the grander delivery scheme of things (which goes to your point about how things have neither slowed nor sped up).

I'm likely spoiled re Nf and USPS: With a distrib center in downtown L.A., at least 95% of my discs are return processed/delivered in one day (although, yes, their dropping Saturday processing sucks: there's basically no need to mail a disc back on a Friday). I think this is a classic "YMMV" situation in terms of one's proximity to a distrib center.

As far as 3DBR and delivery times, I by no means mean to minimize any criticisms/observations you have. But as my interests have shifted/grown and the BD market has changed in the past, oh, three years, I'm just super happy to have access to titles through this company that Nf doesn't have (and likely is not interested in acquiring given their massive original programming and streaming growth during this same timeframe).

In addition to all the BDs Nf doesn't bother to stock despite charging more for BD "access" (especially catalog titles, even something as mainstream as Eastwood's Tightrope), there's all the special interest stuff I'm more into as I get "older" (e.g., classical music titles). Twilight Time access is huge for me: TT has grown from more obscure (to me) stuff from the 40 and 50s (Demetrius and the Gladiators) into more "recent" stuff of greater interest to me (The Blue Max; To Sir, With Love; Guess Who's Coming To Dinner; Under Fire). These are all limited edition releases. And then there's all the Criterion stuff!

There's just no possible way I can buy everything I'm interested in even if it made sense to do so (and what's gonna happen with 4k / UHD BD?). So I guess part of what I'm saying is that title access that I would not otherwise have (absent the tedium of flipping these discs through my Amazon store) more than outweighs wait times for me. And I'm getting into a balanced groove wherein the wait times I sometimes experience with 3DBR are counterbalanced by the super promptness of Nf.

Last edited by Paul.R.S; 06-16-2015 at 12:54 PM.
Paul.R.S is offline  
post #646 of 807 Old 06-18-2015, 11:40 AM
Member
 
rural scribe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Laramie, WY
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul.R.S View Post
Okay thanks for clarifying/additional comments ...

As far as 3DBR and delivery times, I by no means mean to minimize any criticisms/observations you have. But as my interests have shifted/grown and the BD market has changed in the past, oh, three years, I'm just super happy to have access to titles through this company that Nf ... etc.
I don't disagree with anything you are saying, but what you are talking about is very different from what I wrote about, and quite different from my own goals, priorities and concerns, too.
rural scribe is offline  
post #647 of 807 Old 06-18-2015, 11:53 AM
Advanced Member
 
Paul.R.S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hollywood, California
Posts: 815
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural scribe View Post
. . . but what you are talking about is very different from what I wrote about, and quite different from my own goals, priorities and concerns, too.
Understood.

But it's not entirely "very different." The relationship as I see it between what you said and my response involves my gently trying to say that I find some of the grousing, opining or even casual observing about issues with 3DBR's service to be not unlike some (at Blu-ray.com) who have issues with how long it takes Screen Archives to deliver their Twilight Time purchases. To me these issues are dwarfed--perhaps to the point of not even being worth mentioning--by the fact that if it weren't for these companies, we wouldn't have access to these titles at all. Nf BD support and especially the studios' catalog support has become that awful IMO.

Of course we all have our own "goals, priorities and concerns." But if the titles and a way to rent them didn't exist, neither would those respective priorities. If I have to wait two+ weeks to get a disc from 3DBR, so be it. That beats the other options: Buying everything or missing out entirely.
Rudy1 likes this.
Paul.R.S is offline  
post #648 of 807 Old 06-19-2015, 09:54 AM
Member
 
rural scribe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Laramie, WY
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul.R.S View Post
I find some of the grousing, opining or even casual observing about issues with 3DBR's service to be not unlike some (at Blu-ray.com) who have issues with how long it takes Screen Archives to deliver their Twilight Time purchases. To me these issues are dwarfed--perhaps to the point of not even being worth mentioning--by the fact that if it weren't for these companies, we wouldn't have access to these titles at all.
The assumption you make that these companies cannot be replaced with other companies that provide better services is debatable. That's the debate we're having. Other companies like this have come and gone before, some quite recently.

History indicates that those who are satisfied with the argument "something is better than nothing" soon find themselves having to do with less and less as time goes by. Eventually that "something" vanishes completely.

This does bring up another thought, though. Maybe I should stick with this service a bit longer, flawed as it is, just because it may not last much longer.

3D fans like myself who insist on the quality of disks over streaming, seem to be in a narrowing niche market that is about to disappear completely.
rural scribe is offline  
post #649 of 807 Old 06-19-2015, 10:37 AM
Advanced Member
 
Paul.R.S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hollywood, California
Posts: 815
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I didn't realize that "that's the debate we're having," or that we were even debating. I'm largely making a case for perspective and appreciation, in this case, of a boutique operation that caters to our niche/enthusiast consumer needs in an increasingly commoditized marketplace.

That said, I'd like to know what other company like 3DBR has come and gone recently. To be equivalent, it would amongst other things need to be a company that responds to e-mailed requests for titles to be added to their rental inventory within a few hours, always in the affirmative. Otherwise, your response is even more hypothetical and academic than my comments which elicited said reply.

Last edited by Paul.R.S; 06-19-2015 at 11:37 AM.
Paul.R.S is offline  
post #650 of 807 Old 06-19-2015, 12:11 PM
Advanced Member
 
film113's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 926
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural scribe View Post
The assumption you make that these companies cannot be replaced with other companies that provide better services is debatable. That's the debate we're having. Other companies like this have come and gone before, some quite recently.

History indicates that those who are satisfied with the argument "something is better than nothing" soon find themselves having to do with less and less as time goes by. Eventually that "something" vanishes completely.

This does bring up another thought, though. Maybe I should stick with this service a bit longer, flawed as it is, just because it may not last much longer.

3D fans like myself who insist on the quality of disks over streaming, seem to be in a narrowing niche market that is about to disappear completely.
Personally, I am thrilled that 3DBR exists and have zero complaints with their service. Yes, shipping takes a bit longer than NF but so what? They are a smaller company and can't make the deals with USPS that NF does regarding next-day shipping. But really, I don't mind waiting a few days for the discs to arrive. Heck, people who are ordering 3D discs from overseas sometimes have to wait over a month in some cases to receive them. A few days is no big deal, especially since the titles they stock are almost completely inclusive (even offering titles available only as imports). The only 3D disc I might have wanted them to carry was BOOGIE, but they have everything else.

Even on the 2D side, they offer the retail editions for those who want to rent a disc that contains the extended versions, commentaries, etc...neither NF or Redbox offers that. And if there's a title that they don't carry, they are very good at getting it if you let them know.

Their rates are very reasonable as well, offering 3D discs that are priced the same (or usually lower) than Vudu or OnDemand.

And, in my experience, their customer service is exceptional as well. For what they provide, I consider the service to be unparalleled. In the years I've been using them, I can't think of a single negative experience to offer. Even their mailers are top-notch! With all that I've mentioned, if I have to wait a few days for the USPS to get the discs to me, that's a very small price to pay...I don't even consider it as an inconvenience. And no, I don't work for them...I'm just a very satisfied customer who will be using them for the long haul. Between them and NF (and even Redbox if I need an immediate fix), I have access to more than enough product to be able to view nearly everything I want. In a time of more and more limited access to movies on Blu-Ray, 3DBR is a ray of sunshine.
sparky7 likes this.
film113 is offline  
post #651 of 807 Old 06-19-2015, 12:36 PM
Advanced Member
 
kmhvball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Mason, Ohio
Posts: 543
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by film113 View Post
Even on the 2D side, they offer the retail editions for those who want to rent a disc that contains the extended versions, commentaries, etc...neither NF or Redbox offers that. And if there's a title that they don't carry, they are very good at getting it if you let them know.

Their rates are very reasonable as well, offering 3D discs that are priced the same (or usually lower) than Vudu or OnDemand.
I just wish they offered a 2D subscription option at a lower price than their 3D. I don't personally watch 3D, but definitely am interested in the 2D Retail Editions vs NF/Redbox. I am about to complete my home theater and want full audio quality/channels, etc. They offer the 2D 'by disc' rentals at a discount, but no 2D monthly plan discount.
kmhvball is online now  
post #652 of 807 Old 06-19-2015, 01:44 PM
Member
 
rural scribe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Laramie, WY
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by film113 View Post
Personally, I am thrilled that 3DBR exists and have zero complaints with their service.
Jeez. Come up for some air, will you?

I'm a 3DBR customer too, but I wouldn't gush this much about the service unless I got paid to be an apologist for it.

My latest experience, three blurays reported shipped Monday from 3DBR. None of them arrived on Thursday as expected.

On the Netflix side, ordered LOTR extended blurays (on the two-at-a-time bluray plan) all with long waits. Got part one of Fellowship of the Ring, but not part two. Guess it is too much to ask to be able to watch an entire rental movie in one night.

Oh, I'm just so thrilled to be sending $40 per month to these businesses.
rural scribe is offline  
post #653 of 807 Old 06-19-2015, 01:58 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 23,465
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1771 Post(s)
Liked: 1038
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmhvball View Post
I just wish they offered a 2D subscription option at a lower price than their 3D. I don't personally watch 3D, but definitely am interested in the 2D Retail Editions vs NF/Redbox. I am about to complete my home theater and want full audio quality/channels, etc. They offer the 2D 'by disc' rentals at a discount, but no 2D monthly plan discount.
They do have a per title rental. And since there are very few titles that basterdize the audio for rentals, the per title rental should work well for those few retail titles.

53TB unRAID2--38TB unRAID3--33TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline  
post #654 of 807 Old 06-19-2015, 02:43 PM
Member
 
rural scribe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Laramie, WY
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Just wanted to update what happened this week with 3d-blurayrental and Netflix that I mentioned in an earlier post.

I got two of the three disks on Friday that were reportedly shipped from 3DBR on Monday.

I finally did get part two of Fellowship of the Ring from Netflix that was supposed to have arrived earlier, I think (also reported to have shipped on June 15).

Funny thing was, the guy I talked to on the phone today at Netflix did not seem to know about Fellowship part two being sent on June 15. But it finally arrived on June 19, which is the main thing.

I ordered "Captain America the First Avenger" 3D from 3DBR on June 1, so they are getting very close to their "20 day guarantee" deadline for delivery on this "short wait" bluray, but I will probably get this one tomorrow (it was supposedly shipped on June 15) and that would honor their 20 day guarantee, which they haven't failed to deliver on yet.

My experience has been with 3DBR is that "short wait" usually means at least two weeks, with one exception.

I know I should be grateful they exist at all, according to film113, but this sort of delay should count as slow service, or at least a major annoyance.

Hey, I just want to get my 10 movies worth this month from 3DBR, but that's been a struggle so far.

Next, I'm going to try 3D streaming from Netflix to see how that goes, but I don't have much hope for it.

Last edited by rural scribe; 06-19-2015 at 02:48 PM.
rural scribe is offline  
post #655 of 807 Old 06-19-2015, 02:58 PM
Advanced Member
 
film113's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 926
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural scribe View Post
Jeez. Come up for some air, will you?

I'm a 3DBR customer too, but I wouldn't gush this much about the service unless I got paid to be an apologist for it.

My latest experience, three blurays reported shipped Monday from 3DBR. None of them arrived on Thursday as expected.

On the Netflix side, ordered LOTR extended blurays (on the two-at-a-time bluray plan) all with long waits. Got part one of Fellowship of the Ring, but not part two. Guess it is too much to ask to be able to watch an entire rental movie in one night.

Oh, I'm just so thrilled to be sending $40 per month to these businesses.
If I'm "gushing". it's because when a company goes above-and-beyond, I feel they deserve just as many kudos as the criticisms a company may get for doing nothing. For example. I can easily fault Netflix for having a 3D section but keeping it a big secret, with zero info on it for consumers and then...barely updating it. Then they'll try to claim there's no interest when its Netflix themselves that've been hiding it since Day One!! Or I could bitch that NF is not carrying BDs of titles like the DCU animated titles (and other films as well)...just standard DVDs, even though I pay extra to have BD access. But of course, they are still a great deal for what they do offer and the turnaround times are great.

I just believe that, in this age of the home video biz screwing or short-changing consumers every chance they get, 3DBR has done a terrific job and I appreciate that. If a certain disc takes a little longer than usual to arrive, I can deal with it. After all, I've probably already waited months to order it by then anyway. I'm just thankful that we have a 3D rental option, that they listen to their consumers, and their efforts should be noted. If that makes me a gusher...well "Thar she blows!"

That doesn't mean that those having issues shouldn't make them known. That helps everyone. We're all in it together! lol!

(And I will reiterate, I do NOT work for 3DBR, nor do I know anyone who does, nor do I get any discounts!)

Last edited by film113; 06-19-2015 at 03:16 PM.
film113 is offline  
post #656 of 807 Old 06-19-2015, 04:37 PM
Senior Member
 
marine92104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 430
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just tried out the service. A couple of observations. It took 4 days to receive the discs.

Everything I placed an order a week ago that said short wait is still in short wait status. None of them have shipped.

I like the service but if a movie has come out within the last 30 days & you're still waiting over a week to get it shipped to you???

In their FAQ it said they try to stock movies so they ship out within 1 day. The only ones I received so far have been over 30 days old.

Does it always take so long to get the movies & so long for them to ship them out to you?

So far it's certainly not up to speed with Netflix. REALLY SLOW SERVICE!
marine92104 is offline  
post #657 of 807 Old 06-19-2015, 05:41 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tgm1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 8,211
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1459 Post(s)
Liked: 1416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural scribe View Post
Just wanted to update what happened this week with 3d-blurayrental and Netflix that I mentioned in an earlier post.

I got two of the three disks on Friday that were reportedly shipped from 3DBR on Monday.

I finally did get part two of Fellowship of the Ring from Netflix that was supposed to have arrived earlier, I think (also reported to have shipped on June 15).

Funny thing was, the guy I talked to on the phone today at Netflix did not seem to know about Fellowship part two being sent on June 15. But it finally arrived on June 19, which is the main thing.

I ordered "Captain America the First Avenger" 3D from 3DBR on June 1, so they are getting very close to their "20 day guarantee" deadline for delivery on this "short wait" bluray, but I will probably get this one tomorrow (it was supposedly shipped on June 15) and that would honor their 20 day guarantee, which they haven't failed to deliver on yet.

My experience has been with 3DBR is that "short wait" usually means at least two weeks, with one exception.

I know I should be grateful they exist at all, according to film113, but this sort of delay should count as slow service, or at least a major annoyance.

Hey, I just want to get my 10 movies worth this month from 3DBR, but that's been a struggle so far.

Next, I'm going to try 3D streaming from Netflix to see how that goes, but I don't have much hope for it.
Though the selection is very low, I would suggest testing out both HBO3D and Starz 3D especially if you're already subscribing. I have this theory brewing that Stars 3D is far better, at least on FIOS, but it's worth a look.

What do you call a Harley that doesn't leak oil?
Out of oil.
tgm1024 is offline  
post #658 of 807 Old 06-20-2015, 01:48 PM
Advanced Member
 
Paul.R.S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hollywood, California
Posts: 815
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by film113 View Post
For example. I can easily fault Netflix for having a 3D section but keeping it a big secret, with zero info on it for consumers and then...barely updating it. Then they'll try to claim there's no interest when its Netflix themselves that've been hiding it since Day One!!
Wow--elaborate please on how one can find these 3D listings at the Nf site?!
Paul.R.S is offline  
post #659 of 807 Old 06-20-2015, 04:00 PM
Advanced Member
 
film113's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 926
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul.R.S View Post
Wow--elaborate please on how one can find these 3D listings at the Nf site?!
Wish I could but, as I said, Netflix (as well as the studios, content providers, and hardware mfgrs) do everything in their power to make sure you don't know that 3D is available in any way, shape, or form. (Which is why it's a friggin' miracle that some 3D discs can account for 20% - 30% of combined BD/DVD sales, regardless!)

Hopefully, this thread might help:

Netflix 3D Streaming is live
film113 is offline  
post #660 of 807 Old 06-20-2015, 04:28 PM
Advanced Member
 
Paul.R.S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hollywood, California
Posts: 815
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by film113 View Post
Wish I could but, as I said, Netflix (as well as the studios, content providers, and hardware mfgrs) do everything in their power to make sure you don't know that 3D is available in any way, shape, or form. (Which is why it's a friggin' miracle that some 3D discs can account for 20% - 30% of combined BD/DVD sales, regardless!)

Hopefully, this thread might help:

Netflix 3D Streaming is live
Oh so in your original comments you were referring to streamed content not 3D BDs? If so, I don't care then.
Paul.R.S is offline  
Reply 3D Content

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , Avatar Three Disc Extended Collectors Edition Bd Live Blu Ray , How To Train Your Dragon Two Disc Blu Ray 3d Dvd Combo , Tron Legacy Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo
Gear in this thread - Avatar by PriceGrabber.com



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off