http://www.3d-blurayrental.com/ - Page 25 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #721 of 722 Old Today, 02:00 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 85
That is strange, particularly given one of the selling points is you don't have to wait 28 days like Netflix or Redbox...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 722 Unread Today, 11:45 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post

Most of the titles I wanted to see were on wait. This would probably be the most common among all subscribers but I think for subscription service there really needs to be an improvement here overall. As a result I would only rent from in stock titles.

The other issue was that certain titles were priced higher than the included membership price which as I understand it, the cost is higher to purchase these titles such as Lion King or Noah.
I believe that some titles like NOAH, BEOWULF, SEVENTH SON, etc. are priced higher because they are not available in the US. So the company would have to import them from Italy (or wherever) at higher costs (including shipping). Given that, I expect those to cost more to rent. (It IS a business, after all.) I do wish they carried BOOGIE, but that is the only import title I miss. I'm actually quite content that I can see those movies without the hassle/cost of buying the imports.

I think folks should also keep in mind that everyone wants to see the new releases first, so those can be on a WAIT status. But the rental price drops after demand subsides, going down to about $4.99 - $5.99. And of course, the wait times are shorter at that point. It's just the whole supply-and-demand thing, that's all. Doesn't anyone else remember the days when Netflix subscribers would be screaming about new releases always being on a long-wait status, and that sometimes it would take months for a new release sitting in their queue to be shipped!? There were even a few times that a movie would hit cable and NF still hadn't shipped me one. I've never had to wait that long for a 3DBR title.
Reply 3D Content

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , Avatar Three Disc Extended Collectors Edition Bd Live Blu Ray , How To Train Your Dragon Two Disc Blu Ray 3d Dvd Combo , Tron Legacy Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo
Gear in this thread - Avatar by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page