http://www.3d-blurayrental.com/ - Page 28 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 28Likes

post #811 of 840 Old 08-23-2015, 03:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 15
new subscription plan

I am tempted by this new 3dbrr subscription plan. It costs more per disk, but for me, it is seems like a lot less of a bother to only have to concern myself with getting two disks per month

I did get five or 10 per month on the more expensive one and two at a time plans, but it wasn't easy.

I was always running up against the end of the month, wondering if I was going to be able to get those last disks before time ran out.

With this new plan, two a month should be easy, even if it takes 10 days for the disks to get here from Illinois.

From the 3dbrr web page:

"Subscription Plan: 1 Disc at a time (2 limit per/month)

"Price: $6.99/1 month(s)

"This is for our One Disc at a time monthly Subscription Plan with a limit of 2 rentals shipped per/month. No late fees! You get to keep the rental as long as you wish when you are on an active subscription plan. Once you put your rental in the mail to us, place your next order and it will ship...you do not need to wait for us to receive your current rental before the next one ships! There is a limit of 2 rentals shipped per calendar month with this plan."

Last edited by rural scribe; 08-23-2015 at 04:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 840 Old 08-24-2015, 05:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al O View Post
Received email of new low cost subscription plan for just $6.99 per/month, limit of 2 rentals per/month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I see it on their subscription page.

http://www.store-3d-blurayrental.com...ory-s/1822.htm

So this includes 3D BDs and not just the 2D BDs right?
post #813 of 840 Old 08-24-2015, 06:57 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 2738 Post(s)
Liked: 1465
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural scribe View Post
I also had a 3dbrr disk shipped July 20 from Naperville that was delivered to me on August 1.

Several striking coincidences here.
Sounds like the post office might have issues. But then things like that occur everywhere with the USPS and other delivery companies.

53TB unRAID2--41TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #814 of 840 Old 08-24-2015, 10:25 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chere View Post
Yes 3D, someone here posted another rental website 3Dparty.org I have not used them.
post #815 of 840 Old 10-10-2015, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chere View Post
I've been on this plan for a month and a half now, and I did get a 3D blu-ray for my first rental. I don't rent 2D disks from this company, only 3D.

One got lost in the mail apparently, still waiting for the replacement disk, and for my next two ordered on Oct. 7 (short waits on a couple of these).

On the 3DBR one-at-a-time and two-at-a-time plans I was on before, I avoided those new-release "short wait" disks, because I was trying to get the maximum number of rentals per month, but now, since I'm only getting two per month on this plan, what's the rush? I'll just go ahead and wait three weeks longer.

They'll get here eventually, probably.

Last edited by rural scribe; 10-14-2015 at 01:35 PM. Reason: took out a typo
post #816 of 840 Old 10-14-2015, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Sounds like the post office might have issues. But then things like that occur everywhere with the USPS and other delivery companies.
Probably true, but I've found that a 10-day delivery period from Naperville, Ill. to my mailbox is not unusual. The longest wait I've had on a 3DBR rental was one I just got on Saturday, Oct. 10. It was reportedly mailed on Sept. 28. The fastest delivery time is 4 days.

The longest delay I've had on a Netflix shipment was more than 30 days. The ones mailed from the closest shipping point get here in two or three days, but ones shipped from other parts of the country can take two to three times longer to get here.
post #817 of 840 Old 10-21-2015, 12:29 PM

Quote:
That's what I thought too, but some strange stuff has been going on with disks shipped from Naperville, Ill. to me.

Last month, I rented a movie from 3DBR and it took so long to get here, 12 days, that they shipped me a replacement, just in case the first one did not arrive. The first one finally did arrive, so then I was checking the mailbox for the second one to arrive, and it was even slower getting here than the first one, 13 days in transit.

At the same time, I ordered some disks from Japan, and the package from Japan got here faster (delivered by USPS) than the package from Illinois did (also delivered by USPS).

This makes me wonder if these rental shipments are actually being shipped at a later date than the shipping date listed by the company.
post #818 of 840 Old 10-21-2015, 02:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1870 Post(s)
Liked: 1716
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural scribe View Post
That's what I thought too, but some strange stuff has been going on with disks shipped from Naperville, Ill. to me.

Last month, I rented a movie from 3DBR and it took so long to get here, 12 days, that they shipped me a replacement, just in case the first one did not arrive. The first one finally did arrive, so then I was checking the mailbox for the second one to arrive, and it was even slower getting here than the first one, 13 days in transit.

At the same time, I ordered some disks from Japan, and the package from Japan got here faster (delivered by USPS) than the package from Illinois did (also delivered by USPS).

This makes me wonder if these rental shipments are actually being shipped at a later date than the shipping date listed by the company.
Yeah, that's gotta be the case. I haven't seen that kind of slow-boat nonsense in the states since the 80's.

We've had a lot of evaluation with this, and it's time to consider wiping out all mosquitoes. We can do that with carefully crafted GMO. It's just not an insect that is worth having around. Mother nature will adapt, just as she always has with the millions of other species that have vanished on their own. In fact, the impact will be remarkably minor.
post #819 of 840 Old 10-22-2015, 12:31 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I got an email from 3D-blurayrental.com on 10/18/15 saying that my rental of "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" shipped on 10/18. My order was confirmed on 10/16. I received the movie today - 10/22. I know that fellow posted about the slow delivery times he's experienced, and I was quite concerned about it, but it hasn't affected me.

I would love to see others post about their experiences - date of confirmed order to date of notification of shipping and date received. Can't hurt to have a record of that kind of information!

It might help the Vendor, knowing that customers are watching.

Rural Scribe - that is a beautiful part of this Country you live in! I love the West!

Last edited by Bepaof8; 10-23-2015 at 07:16 PM.
post #820 of 840 Old 10-22-2015, 06:27 PM
AVS Club Gold

My last few titles took a while to get here. They showed up on the day the email came asking if I received them. Usually I get the titles a few days before that email shows up.

Although the Home Alone disc I received today, showed up two days quicker than the previous titles.

LED DLP
post #821 of 840 Old 12-02-2015, 11:47 AM
3BR

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Hope this is ok to post...if not, please feel free to delete. We now sell used 3D Blu-ray discs that were former rentals at the lowest prices around. Please visit our site at www.3d-blurayrental.com and click on "buy used movies" tab.

Happy shopping!
Rudy1 likes this.
post #822 of 840 Old 12-06-2015, 11:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I looked but only saw 10 maybe 15 items listed.
post #823 of 840 Old 12-07-2015, 01:03 PM
3BR

Quote:
Originally Posted by whotony View Post
I looked but only saw 10 maybe 15 items listed.
Please check again....we have 27 3D titles listed now (it was 40 a few days ago...supplies are going fast)...we have over 300 listed total including DVD and 2D Blu-rays.
post #824 of 840 Old 12-17-2015, 09:31 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Anyone know if they are going to do the 20% off subscription promo again this year?
post #825 of 840 Old 12-17-2015, 08:23 PM
3BR

Quote:
Originally Posted by thediorunner View Post
Anyone know if they are going to do the 20% off subscription promo again this year?
We do not have any plans for that promotion this year. We do have a new $6.99 subscription plan you may like. Please check out the subscription page.
aaronwt likes this.
post #826 of 840 Old 12-18-2015, 03:13 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well just placed my order for the very first time. Let see the turn around time and I will post back on shipping time frame.
post #827 of 840 Old 12-25-2015, 11:49 AM

Quote:
My last few titles took a while to get here. They showed up on the day the email came asking if I received them. Usually I get the titles a few days before that email shows up.

Although the Home Alone disc I received today, showed up two days quicker than the previous titles.
I've had several that showed up several days after the email, but lately, deliveries have been faster.

This month, for the first time, I pre-ordered a disk, "Ant-Man", before it was released, and was very pleased that it shipped on the same day it first became available. I was expecting a long wait for it, but there was no wait time at all.

Both disks came pretty fast this month. I am on the two disk per month plan these days, and am happy with this plan.
post #828 of 840 Old 01-11-2016, 03:39 PM
AVS Club Gold

I just noticed that 3d-blurayrental will be renting UHD BD titles. I see they have some titles up that will be available to rent once released.

http://www.store-3d-blurayrental.com...ory-s/1868.htm

Sweet!!!

LED DLP
post #829 of 840 Old 01-18-2016, 08:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 393 Post(s)
Liked: 181
About to sign up with these guys, when my 3d emitter arrives, and have a question -- just to set my expectations correctly.

What's the typical wait time on new releases? Reading the thread, it looks like I might be waiting a few weeks after release date to receive a new release disc. That's workable (not ideal of course in this instant gratification culture we live in). But if it were often MONTHS, like that OTHER rental service often was when I subscribed to them, that would be a deal breaker.

Build thread & current gear: "Nathan's Theater in Search of....".
Looking to buy more Triad speakers. Got some to sell? Hit me up.
post #830 of 840 Old 01-18-2016, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 424 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Yeah, I've been waiting over a month for new releases. They always show on wait and it says to add a different title to cart if that's the case so I don't know how you get in line. With Netflix queue it will pull in order somewhat. Still, I have plenty of other titles to watch, so not a big deal.

This line intentionally left blank.
post #831 of 840 Old 01-18-2016, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
Yeah, I've been waiting over a month for new releases. They always show on wait and it says to add a different title to cart if that's the case so I don't know how you get in line. With Netflix queue it will pull in order somewhat. Still, I have plenty of other titles to watch, so not a big deal.
Interesting. Well, I may try it with the 2-a-month plan and see how it goes. Seems like getting 1 movie every two weeks, that was released sometime in the last four weeks, is a pretty reasonable expectation.

post #832 of 840 Old 01-18-2016, 12:16 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
The titles are available to order one week before release. Titles are typically released on a Tuesday. So the Tuesday before release, I go to www.3d-bluyrayrental.com, add the title to my cart and check out. Most of the time the titles get sent to me either on release day or a few days before release day. And titles that don't get sent to me then, are sent to me within three weeks.

EDIT: So for instance, Everest 3D, The Intern, and Straight Outta Compton get released tomorrow, 01/19/2016. Last Tuesday I ordered all three titles. Everest 3D was already shipped to me on 01/14/2016.

LED DLP

Last edited by aaronwt; 01-18-2016 at 12:22 PM.
post #833 of 840 Old 01-18-2016, 01:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Now you told everyone the secret!

post #834 of 840 Old 02-04-2016, 11:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 31
3D-Blurayrental.com are they from Northern Cali? I am in So Cali and still haven't receive my first movies in the mail. Been 3 days now and still nothing....Hopefully they are not walking it down to me....
post #835 of 840 Old 02-04-2016, 11:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Their warehouse seems to be in Illinois.

Typically, a movie shows up on the west coast 4 days after the email notifying you that they are shipping it out. For example, I got a notice on Monday morning that my movie has shipped. And it arrived Thursday evening.

post #836 of 840 Old 02-05-2016, 09:20 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post

Typically, a movie shows up on the west coast 4 days after the email notifying you that they are shipping it out. For example, I got a notice on Monday morning that my movie has shipped. And it arrived Thursday evening.
That's usually the same for me here on the East Coast too.

LED DLP
post #837 of 840 Old 02-05-2016, 11:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post

Oic. I thought it was coming from N.Cali. Hopefully it will be here by Sat then... They are somewhat pricey but their selection is pretty great. Alot of movies that are not available on netflix, redbox and my local rental store.
post #838 of 840 Old 02-05-2016, 12:15 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazz87 View Post
A lot of movies that are not available on netflix, redbox and my local rental store.
You've got a local rental store They're extinct in my area!

Nothing in this posting/signature really means anything in the long run.
post #839 of 840 Old 02-05-2016, 01:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhvsfan View Post
You've got a local rental store They're extinct in my area!
Well I had 4 stores within 5 miles of my place. 3 of them went under within weeks of each other..... The last one is still there and hopefully they will last. The great thing with local rental shop they rent out new bluray movies 2 weeks before street date.
post #840 of 840 Old Today, 06:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazz87 View Post
Oic. I thought it was coming from N.Cali. Hopefully it will be here by Sat then... They are somewhat pricey but their selection is pretty great. Alot of movies that are not available on netflix, redbox and my local rental store.
I use the two a month plan. Cheaper than any alternative I have found.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Content

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , Avatar Three Disc Extended Collectors Edition Bd Live Blu Ray , How To Train Your Dragon Two Disc Blu Ray 3d Dvd Combo , Tron Legacy Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo