http://www.3d-blurayrental.com/ - Page 30 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 44Likes

post #871 of 899 Old 08-10-2016, 01:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 582 Post(s)
Liked: 193
About 2 months from what I've seen on the 3D titles, sometimes more. Haven't rented UHD, but I would imagine it would be the same.

This line intentionally left blank.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #872 of 899 Old 08-10-2016, 01:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 719 Post(s)
Liked: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by atbroome View Post
How long do titles in "Short Wait" status tend to take to become available? I ask because I am considering a subscription plan strictly for access to UHD disks, but almost every title and every one I would want to rent are in "Short Wait" status.

I don't want to sign up for a subscription plan and then not be able to get my monthly quota if it takes a week+ for disks to become available.

I did a test rental of one of the UHD disks that was in stock and it only took a few days to arrive, so once they have the disk I am confident I would get it in a reasonable timeframe.
I've experienced typically a 10 to 20 day wait time on "short wait" titles. Never more than a month.

If one is ONLY interested in new releases, it might be hard to get five a month. But the two a month plan should be quite workable. If you want to also get some catalog new release titles (Criterion blu-rays, for example) then you can easily get five a month because those titles seldom entail a wait.

YMMV. Clearly other folks have a different experience:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
About 2 months from what I've seen on the 3D titles, sometimes more. Haven't rented UHD, but I would imagine it would be the same.

Current theater & gear: "Nathan's Theater in Search of....".
post #873 of 899 Old 08-10-2016, 08:30 PM
AVS Special Member

That's confusing. It says if the titles are on wait to pick something else so there doesn't appear to be a line system like Netflix so I see the new released titles on short wait for 2 months then order when they show "in stock". But it's not a big deal, the better titles I just buy anyway.

post #874 of 899 Old 08-11-2016, 06:35 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 4143 Post(s)
Liked: 2469
I've never had to wait two months for any titles. Although I did have a couple where I waited a little past twenty days. But they let me rent another title for those. Unfortunately they don't have a queue like Netflix has, but it does allow you to have a wish list. So when I need to get another title that is in stock, I just select the title from my wishlist which has a few dozen titles in it.

53TB unRAID2--41TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
Sony 65x850C--Samsung UBD-K8500--Sony HT-NT3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #875 of 899 Old 08-11-2016, 07:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Yeah, I've never had anything new under actually I would say closer to 3 months. But I can wait on titles that I'm not sure on, ones I can't, I buy anyway.

For instance Gods of Egypt has been showing "short wait" since it was added 4/20. I have not seen it come up as "In Stock" yet. Batman V. Superman, same added on 6/30. Jaws 3D I was able to get, but I imagine that is not a high priority title.

post #876 of 899 Old 08-11-2016, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Yeah, I've never had anything new under actually I would say closer to 3 months. But I can wait on titles that I'm not sure on, ones I can't, I buy anyway.

For instance Gods of Egypt has been showing "short wait" since it was added 4/20. I have not seen it come up as "In Stock" yet. Batman V. Superman, same added on 6/30. Jaws 3D I was able to get, but I imagine that is not a high priority title.
I think if you don't rent a short wait title (but just wait for the status to change) then you will wait a lot longer. If you rent a short wait title, they typically ship within two weeks.

And in the interim you can rent ANOTHER different in stock title.

post #877 of 899 Old 08-11-2016, 11:15 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

For new titles I order them when they have them first available to add to your cart. Which is one week before release. So I usually check out the coming soon list on Monday and then on Tuesday the titles being released in seven days are on the new release page. So I then place the order for the new titles I would like to see.

So typically they send it out on release day or sometimes a few days earlier. So it's rare that I don't get a new release. As long as I get my order in a week before it's released. If I wait until the actual release day to order a rental, then I will most likely be waiting awhile for it to be shipped.

Last edited by aaronwt; 08-11-2016 at 11:20 AM.
post #878 of 899 Old 08-11-2016, 01:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post
I think if you don't rent a short wait title (but just wait for the status to change) then you will wait a lot longer. If you rent a short wait title, they typically ship within two weeks.

And in the interim you can rent ANOTHER different in stock title.
Not sure how you rent a short wait title. States if it's on "short wait" to pick something "in stock". If I add a short wait title to cart, it won't ship, right? So I just wait, but I'm not really in any hurry. But yes, that's what I've always done. Netflix since they have a queue I'm in line for it. 3Dblurayrental needs to upgrade to a queue system.

post #879 of 899 Old 08-11-2016, 01:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 19
When I sign up for my subscription this is part of a email they send. Renting a Movie: If the title you selected is in stock, it will ship one business day. If it is out of stock, please select another title that is in stock so you have something while you wait for that title. When the title you are waiting on becomes available, it will ship even if you have not returned you current title. After you complete your order, we will email you shortly the status of your order and when the title will ship. If there is a short wait, you may place another order while waiting for that title.
nathan_h and aaronwt like this.
post #880 of 899 Old 08-11-2016, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Not sure how you rent a short wait title. States if it's on "short wait" to pick something "in stock". If I add a short wait title to cart, it won't ship, right?
Yep, rent it and it ships much quicker than if you didn't

---

And I agree that a proper queue system would feel more "normal". Whether it would result in me getting the movies I want more quickly I am not sure.

It would be less to manage.

Last edited by nathan_h; 08-11-2016 at 03:30 PM.
post #881 of 899 Old 08-11-2016, 03:39 PM

On Privacy Policy page : #10- Our guarantee- we try and stock enough inventory to ship rentals within 1 business day. If there is a wait, the average wait time is about 1-10 days. We guarantee that the rental will ship within 20 days, or it is FREE (if you paid per/rental) or $2.50 off your next month subscription ( for active subscribers ) The exceptions to this guarantee are limited quantity titles above $8 per/rental, import titles outside the US and video game rentals.
nathan_h and aaronwt like this.
post #882 of 899 Old 08-11-2016, 08:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Hmm, guess I've been doing it wrong. I'll have to give this a try. I read that same thing but I understood that as "Pick another title" and wait for it to show in stock.

post #883 of 899 Old 08-11-2016, 08:37 PM
AVS Special Member

We may be doing it wrong but it works, wrong

post #884 of 899 Old 08-12-2016, 05:59 PM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Anyone know of an alternative service that rents retail discs besides gamefly? I tried this service and for the first month it was great (rented 5 out of 5 discs) and the second month has been terrible. Everything out of stock, disc lost in mail, made me wait 8 business days to get another one, now it's taking 4 business days for each disc to get to the west coast and previously they were arriving on the 2nd or 3rd business day.

Plus no queue system so everything is a cluster****. The wishlist is a joke, it sorts everything semi-alphabetically so if you want to add a movie series in the proper watch order then you are SOL since the wish list will jumble them up by alphabetized name.
post #885 of 899 Old 08-12-2016, 10:33 PM
AVS Special Member

None that are better, but yes, all the issues you mention are real. But the last serious competitor was GreenCine and they closed in 2015.

post #886 of 899 Old 08-13-2016, 07:47 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerninja View Post
Anyone know of an alternative service that rents retail discs besides gamefly? I tried this service and for the first month it was great (rented 5 out of 5 discs) and the second month has been terrible. Everything out of stock, disc lost in mail, made me wait 8 business days to get another one, now it's taking 4 business days for each disc to get to the west coast and previously they were arriving on the 2nd or 3rd business day.

Plus no queue system so everything is a cluster****. The wishlist is a joke, it sorts everything semi-alphabetically so if you want to add a movie series in the proper watch order then you are SOL since the wish list will jumble them up by alphabetized name.
You have nowhere else to go. If you want access to rentals that are from UHD BDs, 2D BDs, 3D BDs, XBOne and PS4 games then this is the only place. While their rental user interface is far from perfect, I can overlook it because of the wide range of content I can rent from them. I have been very pleased with them over the last four years of use. Because I have been able to rent content that I would not have been able to rent anywhere else. So they continue to get at least $36 a month from me.

post #887 of 899 Old 08-13-2016, 08:42 AM

www.3Dparty.org , They are from NY so your wait time might be longer to CA.
post #888 of 899 Old 08-13-2016, 01:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Good to know there is an alternative, though it looks like they don't have UHD, import/retail 2D, specialty discs like Criterion, etc. Do they have a queue system?

post #889 of 899 Old 08-13-2016, 02:56 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al O View Post
www.3Dparty.org , They are from NY so your wait time might be longer to CA.
It doesn't look like much is going on there. It's only a few dollars cheaper and they don't have anywhere close to the number of titles that 3d-blurayrental has.

Plus they only rent 3D titles. Which makes it very limiting.

Last edited by aaronwt; 08-13-2016 at 03:01 PM.
post #890 of 899 Old Yesterday, 04:11 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 22
new rental record

I got an email from 3D-Blurayrental last June that my copy of "Men in Black III" had finally been returned, almost a year after I had mailed it back to them.

I've seen delays in the mail before, sometimes several months, but never this long.

I shipped that movie back to 3D Bluray around July 22, 2015, but they didn't receive it until June 21, 2016, according to company records.

On a related note, I sent an important letter to the IRS by certified mail. I live in Laramie, WY, the letter was sent to an IRS office in Ogden, UT on July 14.

I never did get confirmation that the letter was delivered (apparently you are only guaranteed confirmation with registered mail, and whatever service is even more expensive than that) but get this, the letter went to Cheyenne, WY, then back to Laramie, then to Ogden, back to Cheyenne, back to Laramie, on to Denver, then to Salt Lake City, where it has been "in transit to the destination" limbo since July 22.

I did get an apology from the US Postal Service. They said the letter may have been delivered, maybe not. They've got a lot of mail to keep track of. They did not know the fate of the letter.

I finally had to call the IRS to get this straightened out. I was waiting on hold for an hour, listening to IRS music, but, once I got to talk to a person, the IRS was very helpful, unlike the Post Office.
post #891 of 899 Old Yesterday, 04:20 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post
Good to know there is an alternative, though it looks like they don't have UHD, import/retail 2D, specialty discs like Criterion, etc. Do they have a queue system?
There is some info on 3Dparty in this thread:
Blockbuster Online and Netflix.... any word on 3D Blu Ray rental?
post #892 of 899 Old Yesterday, 05:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Anyone ever have the wrong movie sent to them? If so, how did you deal with it? I ordered The Wolverine Unrated Extended Edition, but they sent the theatrical cut instead. If I wanted the theatrical cut I could have gotten it from Netflix. My sole purpose for using this service is to get movies that are unavailable from Netflix. It's an honest mistake and I emailed them about it but have yet to receive a response.
post #893 of 899 Old Yesterday, 07:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Happened to me once. I didn't want to wait for the right one to get shipped so I rented the movie elsewhere. I think they would have sent me a replacement. instead I just rented an extra movie that month.

post #894 of 899 Old Yesterday, 10:14 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Thompson View Post
Anyone ever have the wrong movie sent to them? If so, how did you deal with it? I ordered The Wolverine Unrated Extended Edition, but they sent the theatrical cut instead. If I wanted the theatrical cut I could have gotten it from Netflix. My sole purpose for using this service is to get movies that are unavailable from Netflix. It's an honest mistake and I emailed them about it but have yet to receive a response.
Just email them about the problem. They will take care of it.

post #895 of 899 Old Today, 05:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Just email them about the problem. They will take care of it.
I emailed them about it two days ago, but have yet to receive any response. I guess I'll try again.
post #896 of 899 Old Today, 05:55 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
I emailed them about it two days ago, but have yet to receive any response. I guess I'll try again.
DID you respond to the email they sent you about the title? This is how I email them if I have an issue. I always respond to the email they sent me asking if I received the title or it being shipped.

post #897 of 899 Old Today, 06:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 621 Post(s)
Liked: 765
Quote:
I usually get a response within 24 hours.

We, The Unwilling, led by The Unknowing, are doing the impossible for The Ungrateful.
post #898 of 899 Old Today, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
DID you respond to the email they sent you about the title? This is how I email them if I have an issue. I always respond to the email they sent me asking if I received the title or it being shipped.
That's exactly how I responded to them - via the email they sent asking if I had received the title. I also emailed them this morning using the link on their Contact Us page, which is the same address they use to send out delivery inquiries.
post #899 of 899 Old Today, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member

^ Update: They responded to my second email and will be sending the correct movie shortly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Content

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , Avatar Three Disc Extended Collectors Edition Bd Live Blu Ray , How To Train Your Dragon Two Disc Blu Ray 3d Dvd Combo , Tron Legacy Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo
Gear in this thread