http://www.3d-blurayrental.com/ - Page 31 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 75Likes

Old 09-04-2016, 10:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 29
NO, but I only sign up in July, when did you sign up ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2016, 11:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al O View Post
NO, but I only sign up in July, when did you sign up ?
Quite a long time ago. Probably 2 years. Maybe more. Just seems odd. No announcement on their website.
Old 09-04-2016, 11:52 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by badboi View Post
Quite a long time ago. Probably 2 years. Maybe more. Just seems odd. No announcement on their website.
I believe "aaronwt" and "tomtastic" have been members longer, they will respond when they see your post.
Old 09-05-2016, 08:51 AM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 4836 Post(s)
Liked: 2855
I remember having some issue last year that required me to sign up again. I think it was at the end of the year term or something. Not sure but I just remember needing to sign up again.

53TB unRAID2--41TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
Sony 65x850C--Samsung UBD-K8500--Sony HT-NT3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
Old 09-05-2016, 09:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 665 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Never saw that email, been signed up since 1 '15 currently so might be for older accounts, I tried them for a couple months in 2014 but canceled.

This line intentionally left blank.
Old 09-08-2016, 07:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I emailed them to see if this is really them (never know today) and haven't heard anything. However, whenever I try to order anything it shows up that I have to pay for the rental. Not sure what the deal is but not going to worry about it. For the past few months I've been lucky to get 2 titles a month from them. Not really worth keeping the subscription at that pace.
Old 09-08-2016, 08:28 AM
UHD Addict

Really? Only two titles? For the months of July and August I had a total of 19 titles from them.

Old 09-08-2016, 09:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Really? Only two titles? For the months of July and August I had a total of 19 titles from them.
Never did get Snow White and the Huntsman. On the 5 a month plan and don't even get 5 per month.

Order date: 08/21/2016

Items Ordered: Price: Status: $0.00 See Details
Order date: 08/18/2016
Order date: 08/08/2016
Order date: 08/04/2016
Order date: 07/22/2016
Order date: 07/22/2016
Order date: 07/04/2016
Order date: 06/09/2016
Order date: 06/09/2016
Old 09-26-2016, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I placed a rental in the mail back to them about 3 weeks ago. Apparently they never got it and now say they will be charging me full retail price for the disk. This is unacceptable. If they want to be in the disk by mail business then they need to be prepared to have some disks get lost in the mail and not expect their customers to foot the bill for these losses. Anyone else have this happen?

Last edited by K_Thompson; 09-26-2016 at 02:23 PM.
Old 09-26-2016, 02:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 920 Post(s)
Liked: 395
I've recently signed up for 5 discs a month. I haven't had any issues yet.

If I'm ever charged for a disc that was put back in the mail and never received I'd drop them immediately (which would result in a larger loss to them than paying for a single lost disc).

Accounting for mail loss has to be factored into the business model. Never once did I have to pay Netflix for a screw-up with mailing in the 8+ years I've been with them.

Good luck to you.

Classifieds:
FS: DIY Sound Group Elusive 1099s - Michigan (HOLIDAY BONUS - Volt 6LX)
FS: NuPrime DAC-9
JTR 215RT/RM - SI HT D2 18" - Volt 10lx - AV7703 - XPA-7 G3 - FP10000Q - 65KS8000 - UBD-K8500 - HTPC/Jriver/MadVR - Chromecast Ultra - XBox One S - Shield TV - Roku Ultra
Old 09-26-2016, 05:10 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 67
I do not trust online rental disc providers. Why not try the RED BOX machines........at Super markets.....e.g. Shop Ride; H Mart; Wal Mart etc.

No rental disc received, after rental period and charge full price of the disc ..... disregarding complain of no show up of the disc at all.............unacceptable and nonsense. Stop renting there now.
Old 09-26-2016, 05:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 869 Post(s)
Liked: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Thompson View Post
I placed a rental in the mail back to them about 3 weeks ago. Apparently they never got it and now say they will be charging me full retail price for the disk. This is unacceptable. If they want to be in the disk by mail business then they need to be prepared to have some disks get lost in the mail and not expect their customers to foot the bill for these losses. Anyone else have this happen?
That's horrible. I haven't had this happen to me and I would be pretty upset.

I would hope that for any customer they have had for a while, they have a policy where the first lost disc is considered "the cost of doing business" and they only jump to charging for it if it happens multiple times or in the first month of service, since those factors might tip the scales towards possible user error rather than USPS error.

Current theater & gear: "Nathan's Theater in Search of....".
Old 09-26-2016, 06:12 PM
UHD Addict

Quote:
Why didn't you contact them? I respond to the email they send asking if I received a title. If it doesn't show as returned within a week, I respond to that email and tell them how long it's been since I put it in the mail. Then they typically go ahead and send me something else. Although I'm not sure if any of my returns have ever been lost by the USPS. I do know that over the last four years, several did get lost by the USPS being shipped to me.

They have typically been very responsive to any emails I send them. Sometimes I get an email saying a title was received but it doesn't show that on my account. So I will email them when that happens. Either way they always seem to correct things pretty quickly.

Old 09-26-2016, 06:16 PM
UHD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwok lau View Post
I do not trust online rental disc providers. Why not try the RED BOX machines........at Super markets.....e.g. Shop Ride; H Mart; Wal Mart etc.

No rental disc received, after rental period and charge full price of the disc ..... disregarding complain of no show up of the disc at all.............unacceptable and nonsense. Stop renting there now.
Right?? I've had Redbox try to charge me a bunch of extra days for a disc saying it was never returned. When it actually was. One time, the system lost power in the middle of me putting it in the box. Another time, there was no power loss and their system screwed something up. IN both instances they eventually corrected the issues and I didn't get charged. But I did have to call them about it and spend a bunch of time on the phone. And be told at one point or another that I would owe them a bunch of money for the rentals or buying the title.

I've never had any issues with www.3d-blurayrental.com that weren't quickly rectified by sending an email or two.

Old 09-26-2016, 06:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwok lau View Post

I use this service because they offer hard to find titles you will never see at Red Box, Netflix, or probably anywhere else. They also carry the retail versions of titles, which means you will always get the HD lossless soundtracks instead of the stripped down lossy Dolby or DTS tracks. But if they screw me by charging late feels or making me pay to replace the lost disk, they will lose me as a customer.
mbw23air and kwok lau like this.
Old 09-26-2016, 06:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Why didn't you contact them? I respond to the email they send asking if I received a title. If it doesn't show as returned within a week, I respond to that email and tell them how long it's been since I put it in the mail. Then they typically go ahead and send me something else. Although I'm not sure if any of my returns have ever been lost by the USPS. I do know that over the last four years, several did get lost by the USPS being shipped to me.

They have typically been very responsive to any emails I send them. Sometimes I get an email saying a title was received but it doesn't show that on my account. So I will email them when that happens. Either way they always seem to correct things pretty quickly.
I pretty much take the same steps you do when letting them know when I place a title in the mail back to them. They haven't charged me yet and I did send them an email about this in response. I just have to wait to see how they respond. I haven't had any complaints about their customer service yet and I hope that continues, but we'll see. Losing me a customer would far exceed the cost of replacing the lost title.

I wonder if they still monitor this thread they way they used to.
kwok lau likes this.
Old 09-27-2016, 09:31 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
I pretty much take the same steps you do when letting them know when I place a title in the mail back to them. They haven't charged me yet and I did send them an email about this in response. I just have to wait to see how they respond. I haven't had any complaints about their customer service yet and I hope that continues, but we'll see. Losing me a customer would far exceed the cost of replacing the lost title.

I wonder if they still monitor this thread they way they used to.
Being naive, late to the party and not really knowing anything about 3d-blurayrental - Does the return mailer have a USPS tracking code ? I have had USPS lose stuff before. HOWEVER, if I have the tracking code, calling USPS always seems to solve the issue in the end.

Nothing in this posting/signature really means anything in the long run.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhvsfan View Post
Being naive, late to the party and not really knowing anything about 3d-blurayrental - Does the return mailer have a USPS tracking code ? I have had USPS lose stuff before. HOWEVER, if I have the tracking code, calling USPS always seems to solve the issue in the end.
That's a good point. I don't have any of their mailers to check for a tracking code at the moment, but I have several discs on the way to me so I'll check for that when they arrive. Thanks for the tip.
Old 09-27-2016, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Tragedy averted. After a few emails, they placed a note in my file to indicate that the disc is in the mail back to them and I will not be charged any late fees or the replacement cost of the disc. They've managed to maintain their track record of excellent customer service. I'm glad it worked out. I have a large number of titles in my wish list that I can't rent anywhere else.
aaronwt and dwaleke like this.
Old 10-03-2016, 02:04 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
I have had several disks that took weeks or months to get back to them. One took over a year to get back. I've never been charged for any of them.

Here is some correspondence on a missing disk, which eventually did show up:

Hello,
I have made this a missing disc, someday it might show up. Nothing more you need to do, I have taken care of it.

We thank you for your business.

orders@3d-blurayrental.com
Trade-in your 3D movies - email us!
www.3d-blurayrental.com
Buy Used & New Movies - http://3bruvsales.com
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/3Dblurayrental/

-----Original Message from me -----

I mailed Men In Black III 3D back to you last year, in July of 2015. If it didn't get back to you, maybe the postal service lost it.
dwaleke likes this.
Old 10-03-2016, 02:53 PM
AVS Special Member

A few days after my initial email exchange with them about the lost disc, I received another email stating the disc had been received. So all is now well.
Old 10-03-2016, 03:12 PM

Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 88
how long from the time you put in your mail from the time you get the new disk?

I used to have Blockbuster online and dropped them instantly to go back to Netflix due to them taking a full week to get my disk back (meaning I wouldn't get anther disk until the following tuesday usually)

Samsung 65JS9500
Philips BDP7501 UHD Blu Ray player
PS4/WiiU
Apple TV4
Onkyo TX-SR606
Harmony Ultimate
Old 10-03-2016, 03:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 920 Post(s)
Liked: 395
You order your next disk when you put the one you have in the mailbox. There is no waiting for them to get it back.

Shipping to me in MI takes longer than Netflix. However I am able to get 5 discs per month with the single disc plan so I'm getting my money's worth.
citsur86 likes this.

Classifieds:
FS: DIY Sound Group Elusive 1099s - Michigan (HOLIDAY BONUS - Volt 6LX)
FS: NuPrime DAC-9
JTR 215RT/RM - SI HT D2 18" - Volt 10lx - AV7703 - XPA-7 G3 - FP10000Q - 65KS8000 - UBD-K8500 - HTPC/Jriver/MadVR - Chromecast Ultra - XBox One S - Shield TV - Roku Ultra
Old 10-03-2016, 07:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhvsfan View Post
No USPS tracking code on the return mailer.
Old 10-03-2016, 07:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse01 View Post
how long from the time you put in your mail from the time you get the new disk?

I used to have Blockbuster online and dropped them instantly to go back to Netflix due to them taking a full week to get my disk back (meaning I wouldn't get anther disk until the following tuesday usually)
It usually takes about 5 days on average for them to get a disc to me in California. That's too long for it to be worthwhile to sign up for a subscription so I just order however many discs I want whenever I want. It's more expensive that way, but it doesn't bother me.
Steff3 and Eclipse01 like this.
Old 10-03-2016, 08:35 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 4
I was looking into their services for some time and refused to jump on the bandwagon due to the fact that they lack unlimited rental option. Maybe in the near future this option will be added but for now its netflix for me.
Old 10-04-2016, 06:55 AM
UHD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormTrooperz View Post
I was looking into their services for some time and refused to jump on the bandwagon due to the fact that they lack unlimited rental option. Maybe in the near future this option will be added but for now its netflix for me.
It's been this way for many years. I wouldn't expect it to change.

Old 10-04-2016, 08:27 AM

Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
It usually takes about 5 days on average for them to get a disc to me in California. That's too long for it to be worthwhile to sign up for a subscription so I just order however many discs I want whenever I want. It's more expensive that way, but it doesn't bother me.
that is what i was afraid of

Samsung 65JS9500
Philips BDP7501 UHD Blu Ray player
PS4/WiiU
Apple TV4
Onkyo TX-SR606
Harmony Ultimate
Old 10-04-2016, 08:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 869 Post(s)
Liked: 505
For volume renting, Netflix is impossible to beat.

For specialty renting, "3d blu ray rental.com" is hard to beat.

Netflix almost never has the Criterion, 3d, UHD, or foreign titles I am looking for, so regardless of how cheap the per disc price is, it's actually not a value for me since they don't have what I want.

With "3d blu ray rental.com" my price per rental is about $3.50 when I am on the 2 a month or 5 a month plan. That's cheaper per title than an iTunes or Vudu rental but requires a bit of patience.

But it will never be faster or as cheap as Netflix. I don't want it to be. I love the way they buy ANYTHING I ask about. See it on Amazon and not in their library? They'll buy it and you can rent it.

Current theater & gear: "Nathan's Theater in Search of....".
Old 10-04-2016, 02:36 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post
For volume renting, Netflix is impossible to beat.

For specialty renting, "3d blu ray rental.com" is hard to beat.

Netflix almost never has the Criterion, 3d, UHD, or foreign titles I am looking for, so regardless of how cheap the per disc price is, it's actually not a value for me since they don't have what I want.

With "3d blu ray rental.com" my price per rental is about $3.50 when I am on the 2 a month or 5 a month plan. That's cheaper per title than an iTunes or Vudu rental but requires a bit of patience.

But it will never be faster or as cheap as Netflix. I don't want it to be. I love the way they buy ANYTHING I ask about. See it on Amazon and not in their library? They'll buy it and you can rent it.
I am on the two disc plan and supplement with Redbox and the local library. Usually, the library will have stuff I don't mind seeing just on DVD or Blu-ray. Redbox is great for instant gratification when it comes to new releases -- and much cheaper than renting from iTunes, Vudu or Amazon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , Avatar Three Disc Extended Collectors Edition Bd Live Blu Ray , How To Train Your Dragon Two Disc Blu Ray 3d Dvd Combo , Tron Legacy Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo