http://www.3d-blurayrental.com/ - Page 36 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 163Likes

post #1051 of 1076 Old 03-22-2017, 12:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by zubinh View Post
Just wanted to give a big thanks to 3DBR, I am on the two per month plan, only rent 4K UHDs and there have been many occasions where I've had to wait 2 weeks or more to receive the discs. However, without fail, each month, 3DBR sends me the two that I'm entitled to even if it means I have two discs out at a time which is not included in the subscription price. Thanks for the excellent customer service 3DBR and for being the only source in the country where I can rent 4K Blu Rays.
This has happened to me too, much appreciated!
sparky7 likes this.

Samsung 65JS9500
Philips BDP7501 UHD Blu Ray player
PS4/WiiU
Apple TV4
Onkyo TX-SR606
Harmony Ultimate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1052 of 1076 Old 03-23-2017, 09:42 AM
3BR

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse01 View Post
This has happened to me too, much appreciated!
Zubinh and Eclipse01...glad you are enjoying the service! We have recently changed our algorithm for buying inventory so hopefully you guys have seen shorter wait times.
aaronwt, zubinh, sparky7 and 1 others like this.

Last edited by 3BR; 03-23-2017 at 02:20 PM.
post #1053 of 1076 Old 04-11-2017, 12:45 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 366 Post(s)
Liked: 314
I am on the 1 out at a time and 2 maximum per month. The price just went up to $8.99 per month. Many of the rentals are only $3.99 so now I am paying extra to be on the monthly plan compared to paying as I go. How does this make sense?

post #1054 of 1076 Old 04-11-2017, 12:51 PM
3BR

Quote:
Originally Posted by gworrel View Post
I am on the 1 out at a time and 2 maximum per month. The price just went up to $8.99 per month. Many of the rentals are only $3.99 so now I am paying extra to be on the monthly plan compared to paying as I go. How does this make sense?
If all you are renting is the $3.99 titles, then it would make more sense to not be on the $8.99 plan. You should pay per/rental or try the $17.99 plan with 5 limit. Hope that helps.
sparky7 likes this.
post #1055 of 1076 Old 04-11-2017, 01:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1275 Post(s)
Liked: 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by gworrel View Post
Almost everything I rent are the $7.99 UHD titles, so the plan is better than renting singles to me.
sparky7 likes this.

Buy some Triad speakers.
Check out my current theater & gear.
Listen to the best movie review podcast, the /filmcast.
Don't suffer through Gamma D on your JVC. Optimize HDR Tone Mapping using Arve's tool & Masciola's test patterns instead (hints.)
post #1056 of 1076 Old 04-12-2017, 07:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
All the discs they sent me are mostly bad and have a lot of scratches. My Samsung 4K blu-ray player have a lot trouble reading these discs. The movie would play for 15 minutes then stopped plyaing because of the scratches. You have to skip over several chapters of the movies (at least 15 - 30 minutes) to get the movie to play again.

Be warned! Make sure you check your credit card account because they would charge other hidden fees to their service. Even after I cancelled my account, they would continue to charge your card. Avoid these scammers at all cost!

And yeah, the discs would take 7-10 days to arrive. You will NEVER be able to watch new movies within 6 months of release because they don't have those in stock to ship to you. Your selection is movies released at least a year ago.
post #1057 of 1076 Old 04-12-2017, 07:35 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 3176 Post(s)
Liked: 2461
Welcome to AVSForum.

Apart from USPS sluggishness, I've had a good experience. All good discs, no hidden charges.

-Bill
sparky7 and Eclipse01 like this.

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | 1990s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: UDP-203 | BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    
post #1058 of 1076 Old 04-12-2017, 08:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Yeah i guess I have been lucky too. I haven't had a disc that wouldn't play -- except for the usual finicky nature of the Oppo UHD player which has meant that a known difficult disk like Deepwater Horizon had a couple of hiccups before Oppo issued their firmware updates.

Getting new releases right away can be hit or miss. If I add them to my cart and check out a week prior to release date, that helps. Sometimes I get them within a week of release. Others take a while, like I am still waiting on Hacksaw Ridge, for example. Luckily there are other movies I can watch in the interim.

But of course I would love to get new releases sooner more consistently.

That said, they are the only rental service for UHD that I am aware of, so they are by default the best service out there.

Buy some Triad speakers.
Don't suffer through Gamma D on your JVC. Optimize HDR Tone Mapping using Arve's tool & Masciola's test patterns instead (hints.)

Last edited by nathan_h; 04-12-2017 at 09:04 AM.
post #1059 of 1076 Old 04-12-2017, 09:23 AM
3BR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedragonffx2 View Post
All the discs they sent me are mostly bad and have a lot of scratches. My Samsung 4K blu-ray player have a lot trouble reading these discs. The movie would play for 15 minutes then stopped plyaing because of the scratches. You have to skip over several chapters of the movies (at least 15 - 30 minutes) to get the movie to play again.

Be warned! Make sure you check your credit card account because they would charge other hidden fees to their service. Even after I cancelled my account, they would continue to charge your card. Avoid these scammers at all cost!

And yeah, the discs would take 7-10 days to arrive. You will NEVER be able to watch new movies within 6 months of release because they don't have those in stock to ship to you. Your selection is movies released at least a year ago.
This is very unusual. Please email us and we will take care of your situation.
post #1060 of 1076 Old 04-18-2017, 07:20 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:

Your first post and your experience is strikingly different than what the vast majority including myself have posted. I have rented only 4K discs and while some titles do have a wait, it is rarely more than a couple of weeks. All of the discs I've received have zero scratches and play perfectly in the Samsung 4K player I had prior to the Oppo.
Rudy1 and sparky7 like this.

OLED B6, Yamaha RX-A2060
Oppo 203, Tivo Bolt +

Last edited by zubinh; 04-18-2017 at 07:56 AM.
post #1061 of 1076 Old 04-18-2017, 10:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Never had one problem with 3d-blurayrental & I have used them for years.

mark
VitE likes this.
post #1062 of 1076 Old 04-18-2017, 02:35 PM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 5961 Post(s)
Liked: 3666
Quote:

Just the opposite here. It's extremely rare that I have any rental discs with scratches on them. But they do have fingerprints on them half the time. But fingerprints are no big deal. They wipe right off.

I get new movies every week. Typically one to three. These are movies that were released the week I received them.

I've been using them since 2012 and they have consistently provided great service in the five years I've been using them.
VitE likes this.

53TB unRAID2--41TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
Sony 65x850C--Sony UBP-X800--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #1063 of 1076 Old 04-26-2017, 06:15 PM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I had the same movie shipped to me from two different locations which arrived on the same day. The one that traveled the farthest seems to have traveled a lot faster.

One, from 3d-blurayrental in Naperville, Ill, 980 miles away, took a week to get here, sent on April 18, got here on April 25.

The other disk, bought on Ebay, was shipped on April 21 from Long Island, NY, over 800 miles farther away, some 1,700 miles from here, but it moved way faster, and also arrived on April 25.

The 3d-bluray rental disk was sent USPS first class. The other one, from New York, was sent by USPS media mail rate, which I think is the cheapest rate for packages of this sort.

Despite the fact that two of my five disks this month took a week to get here, I did manage to get five rental disks shipped to me this month (the last one will probably get here next Tuesday) but these slow transit times do worry me.

Shipping times from Naperville to Laramie, Wyoming these days varies from four days to seven days. It keeps me guessing.
post #1064 of 1076 Old 04-26-2017, 06:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1191 Post(s)
Liked: 862
I've used the service for a couple of months and so far I've been happy with it. The wait time for new release UHD discs is long, I get that they aren't Netflix and don't have the same infrastructure in terms of shipping, but carrying more inventory would be a big plus. To their credit they do seem willing to get a second disc out if the initial disc has a long wait associated with it.

Perhaps buying up extra inventory at release for big titles and then selling off the extra copies after demand has gone down could be a way to meet subscriber requests faster while still controlling costs.

HT: Sony 940C, Oppo 203, Harman/Kardon DPR1001, Infinity Interlude IL40 x2, Infinity Interlude IL36C, Infinity MS-1 ii x2, Infinity MSW-1
Computer: Elac Uni-Fi UB5 x2, Elac Element EA101EQ integrated amp, SVS SB-12NSD
Dedicated 2-channel: Infinity Intermezzo 4.1t towers, Bluesound Node 2, Emotiva PT-100, Crown XLS 1502, Furman PL-8C
post #1065 of 1076 Old 04-27-2017, 05:59 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1288 Post(s)
Liked: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky7 View Post
Never had one problem with 3d-blurayrental & I have used them for years.

mark

Same here until recently. Other than slow to receive popular titles the service is pretty good for a small operation. I use them mainly for 3D disks as those are difficult to get for a decent price and since I rarely watch titles more than once, it just saves money to rent once. If I decide I want to watch a second time I will order one from Amazon. Usually by then the price is discounted. Only titles I will watch many times, I will order my own copy from the start, like Star Wars.

Recently, I got a bad disk. It played up to chapter 8 and then froze. Nothing I could do to unfreeze the disk except power down, back up and then eject. I tried the disk in 2 other players and it did the same thing every time. I sent the disk back with a note inside for them to examine it. I have not heard what they determined, not even a form email telling me the disk was received. This happens but usually you can see a scratch on the disk that can't be cleaned, but this one looked good with no scratches. Just didn't play past chapter 8.

My 3D videos and more
Don Landis HT System: Projector Sony VPL VW665ES Players: Samsung UBD K8500 OPPO BD93 Sony BDP S6200 All Regions Player Denon AVR 4311ci, 7.1 JBL Professional series and Klipsch PS3, XBOX360, Dish VIP722K; 3D Edit Suite: Edius7.53, Vegas Pro v13, Power Director15, i7-950, LG 3D TV DM2752
post #1066 of 1076 Old 04-27-2017, 06:22 AM
UHD Addict

I see they have a new feature that showed up on the email from the three rentals I placed this week. If you pay $3 extra, it will move you to the front of the line and they guarantee that the title will ship within 2 Business days.

For me, I have typically received two or three new releases each week without issues. So I wonder if this will now change that?

So far this month I have received ten releases. All newly released titles.

post #1067 of 1076 Old 04-27-2017, 08:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Landis View Post
... I have not heard what they determined, not even a form email telling me the disk was received. This happens but usually you can see a scratch on the disk that can't be cleaned, but this one looked good with no scratches. Just didn't play past chapter 8.
Strange. I have received a reply to every email I have ever sent them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I see they have a new feature that showed up on the email from the three rentals I placed this week. If you pay $3 extra, it will move you to the front of the line and they guarantee that the title will ship within 2 Business days.
That's interesting. I haven't been offered that yet, but I might make use of it when the wife is impatient. Much better than "giving in" to expediency and renting from iTunes....

Buy some Triad speakers.
post #1068 of 1076 Old 04-27-2017, 10:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

They used to have a page where they sold excess copies of disks -- i.e., after the "new release" rush of the first month or two. I cannot find that page on their site anymore. Anyone have that link?

Buy some Triad speakers.
post #1069 of 1076 Old 04-27-2017, 10:40 AM
UHD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post
They used to have a page where they sold excess copies of disks -- i.e., after the "new release" rush of the first month or two. I cannot find that page on their site anymore. Anyone have that link?
This was it.
http://3bruvsales.com/

But it looks like it's only UV sales now.
nathan_h likes this.

post #1070 of 1076 Old 04-27-2017, 07:03 PM
3BR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post
We sell those through ebay now - http://stores.ebay.com/DVD-and-Blu-ray-Store
nathan_h and aaronwt like this.
post #1071 of 1076 Old 04-27-2017, 11:14 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Why is it that you are selling these without the cover? Do you really throw away the cover when you buy for rental? Seems you would do well to just store the box and then you'd get more sales. Can't speak for everyone, but I found the lack of a cover a turn-off.

Anyway, I did bookmark your ebay store and will check back often to see what's being offered.
sparky7 and Eclipse01 like this.

My 3D videos and more
Don Landis HT System: Projector Sony VPL VW665ES Players: Samsung UBD K8500 OPPO BD93 Sony BDP S6200 All Regions Player Denon AVR 4311ci, 7.1 JBL Professional series and Klipsch PS3, XBOX360, Dish VIP722K; 3D Edit Suite: Edius7.53, Vegas Pro v13, Power Director15, i7-950, LG 3D TV DM2752
post #1072 of 1076 Old 04-27-2017, 11:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I'll bet they throw away the covers because it's way more efficient to not store them, put a disk back in one to sell, pay to ship a much bulkier item, etc -- and the lack of a cover appears to only lose them a buck (i.e., it would cost more to store, and ship) in terms of what they sell them for on eBay.

Buy some Triad speakers.
post #1073 of 1076 Old 04-28-2017, 05:31 AM
3BR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Landis View Post
Why is it that you are selling these without the cover? Do you really throw away the cover when you buy for rental? Seems you would do well to just store the box and then you'd get more sales. Can't speak for everyone, but I found the lack of a cover a turn-off.

Anyway, I did bookmark your ebay store and will check back often to see what's being offered.
Shipping is 4 times cheaper Plus storage became a problem given the volume we sell. Lastly, we can have the lowest price around at just 99 cents per/disc...sometimes people win the auctions at that price.
nathan_h, aaronwt and Steff3 like this.

Last edited by 3BR; 04-28-2017 at 05:35 AM.
post #1074 of 1076 Old 05-06-2017, 07:59 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Just got a replacement for Jungle Book and this one played fine. Thanks for doing that. Hope you guys locate the bad disk I sent back so no one else will get it. I put a note in the envelope your people had to notice.

My 3D videos and more
post #1075 of 1076 Old 05-08-2017, 10:55 AM

Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post
Welcome to AVSForum.

Apart from USPS sluggishness, I've had a good experience. All good discs, no hidden charges.

-Bill
same...

Samsung 65JS9500
Philips BDP7501 UHD Blu Ray player
PS4/WiiU
Apple TV4
Onkyo TX-SR606
Harmony Ultimate
post #1076 of 1076 Old 06-28-2017, 04:22 AM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Just signed up..... 10 disks a month.

Hoping for the best!
aaronwt likes this.

Denon X6300 H, 7.2 Infinity IL-40 Towers, Infinity IL-120 Subwoofer, Infinity Intermezzo 1.2s Subwoofer, Infinity IL 36 Center, LG OLED 65B6P, LG UP970 UHD Player
I can turn it up to "11"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Content

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , Avatar Three Disc Extended Collectors Edition Bd Live Blu Ray , How To Train Your Dragon Two Disc Blu Ray 3d Dvd Combo , Tron Legacy Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page