http://www.3d-blurayrental.com/ - Page 37 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 171Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1081 of 1097 Old 08-15-2017, 02:29 PM
UHD Addict
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 31,028
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6234 Post(s)
Liked: 3864
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR_LaRRY_PEpPeR View Post
Hopefully that won't be true for long...
Meaning what?

My only major complaint is that it takes longer to receive my titles. But every week I receive two or three new releases to watch. Releases that don't have the lower quality audio like some titles on Netflix and Redbox have.

So the fact that I can get rentals with UHD BDs, 3D BDs, 2D BDs, and Xbox One and PS4 games makes the service well worth it. Since I get two to three discs each week in one of those formats.
sparky7 likes this.

53TB unRAID2--41TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
Sony 65x850C--Sony UBP-X800--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1082 of 1097 Old 08-22-2017, 11:26 AM
Senior Member
 
DR_LaRRY_PEpPeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: St. Louis area
Posts: 335
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Meaning what?
You/anyone can inquire within, but can't say anything else here! Except, "Don't worry, the end of Summer is coming."

And I'd love to say, "Welcome to the pah-ty, pal," shortly...
DR_LaRRY_PEpPeR is offline  
post #1083 of 1097 Old 08-23-2017, 05:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
nathan_h's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: O.A.S.I.S
Posts: 7,419
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1466 Post(s)
Liked: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Meaning what?
Don't feed the trolls.

***
My current setup.
My favorite movie review podcast, the Next Picture Show.
Don't suffer through Gamma D on your JVC. Optimize HDR Tone Mapping using Arve's tool & Masciola's test patterns instead (hints.)
nathan_h is online now  
 
post #1084 of 1097 Old 08-23-2017, 08:00 AM
Senior Member
 
DR_LaRRY_PEpPeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: St. Louis area
Posts: 335
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post
Don't feed the trolls.
Really?

@Bachelor made a statement, that as I said, "hopefully won't be true for long." How is that trolling...? I know some people viewing this thread have seen my earlier thread and know what I'm referring to -- but now my hands are tied to say any more.

I'll have to wait for someone else to start a thread about my service... Who knows whether that would happen in Sep. or when (depends on how fast word spreads). But then the only "feeding" that will be happening is you eating those words.

I don't get it... I'm just another user like everyone here that wants the same thing, and so want to do something helpful for myself and everyone else! Of course, I'm thoroughly disgusted with Netflix and Redbox. And 3DBR is just too expensive (there should at least be no delays if they're gonna charge what they do), and from what I've heard here, some shortcomings like no queue and such.
DR_LaRRY_PEpPeR is offline  
post #1085 of 1097 Old 08-23-2017, 08:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
nathan_h's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: O.A.S.I.S
Posts: 7,419
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1466 Post(s)
Liked: 955
No offense intended, but vagueposting is a form of trolling in this context.

From your post it was not clear that what you are are doing is promoting your own commercial service. Thanks for making that clear. If you had simply said, "I have a plan to start a service" that would not have been vagueposting.

I hope it's awesome and I'll sign up and try it if it is. I would love another source for "lossless" UHD content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR_LaRRY_PEpPeR View Post
Really?

@Bachelor made a statement, that as I said, "hopefully won't be true for long." How is that trolling...? I know some people viewing this thread have seen my earlier thread and know what I'm referring to -- but now my hands are tied to say any more.

I'll have to wait for someone else to start a thread about my service... Who knows whether that would happen in Sep. or when (depends on how fast word spreads). But then the only "feeding" that will be happening is you eating those words.

I don't get it... I'm just another user like everyone here that wants the same thing, and so want to do something helpful for myself and everyone else! Of course, I'm thoroughly disgusted with Netflix and Redbox. And 3DBR is just too expensive (there should at least be no delays if they're gonna charge what they do), and from what I've heard here, some shortcomings like no queue and such.
sparky7 likes this.

***
My current setup.
My favorite movie review podcast, the Next Picture Show.
Don't suffer through Gamma D on your JVC. Optimize HDR Tone Mapping using Arve's tool & Masciola's test patterns instead (hints.)
nathan_h is online now  
post #1086 of 1097 Old 08-23-2017, 08:28 AM
Senior Member
 
DR_LaRRY_PEpPeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: St. Louis area
Posts: 335
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Cool

I was actually worried that I wasn't being vague enough. There is no actual service, or even a website, to "promote" at this time, which I can't do anyway. (That shouldn't be true in 5-10 days.) Although this forum (not you posters) can't seem to understand that!

I've resisted posting in this thread for a long time (I've been monitoring it as part of my market analysis/research) with any criticism or such. But listening carefully to users as if they were my own. I didn't want to threadcrap at all, so I figured a little blurb was OK -- since @3BR promoted themselves outside of this thread...
DR_LaRRY_PEpPeR is offline  
post #1087 of 1097 Old 09-17-2017, 07:20 PM
Member
 
jodiuh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 167
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Alright, I'm going to give this a shot seeing as I REALLY LOVED Wonder Woman in the theater and would like to see it in UHD. Also, I'm a big Transformers nut.

Still, $4.50 per movie when I'm paying $.75 per movie for vanilla BluRay from Netflix seems excessive.
jodiuh is offline  
post #1088 of 1097 Old 09-17-2017, 09:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
dnoonie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Seattle, WA area
Posts: 1,040
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodiuh View Post
Alright, I'm going to give this a shot seeing as I REALLY LOVED Wonder Woman in the theater and would like to see it in UHD. Also, I'm a big Transformers nut.

Still, $4.50 per movie when I'm paying $.75 per movie for vanilla BluRay from Netflix seems excessive.
Have you looked at 3d's subscription plans? It's a similar model to Nefflix but slower shipping than Netflix so you can't turn as many disks through the system.

Cheers,

OPPO BDP-93, Pioneer Kuro Pro-150FD, Dynaudio 2x BM-12a Mk III Mains, 2x BM 6a Mk II surround, 2x BM 14s Subs, Allan and Heath MixWizard, room is 11'7"x 16'6"x 8" dedicated and treated.
dnoonie is offline  
post #1089 of 1097 Old 09-17-2017, 09:47 PM
Member
 
jodiuh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 167
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnoonie View Post
Have you looked at 3d's subscription plans? It's a similar model to Nefflix but slower shipping than Netflix so you can't turn as many disks through the system.

Cheers,
That's the $8.99 2 disc plan. :/

Tho I paid $25 for Logan 4K, have seen it twice and really have no desire to watch it again for a few years.

It's the best option currently available, so we will see how it goes. I do have a video store near me, but it's $4.27 per disc for a 1 night rental. This isn't much more, I don't have to go anywhere, and I'm not in a rush to see it in a day. It's just that I'm spoiled by a new disc everyday from Netflix.

Edit: Wonder Woman & Transformers discs also include HDR! Ok, this might be worthwhile. :-)

Last edited by jodiuh; 09-17-2017 at 09:53 PM.
jodiuh is offline  
post #1090 of 1097 Old 09-18-2017, 02:19 PM
UHD Addict
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 31,028
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6234 Post(s)
Liked: 3864
As long as you checkout with the new title a week before they release, you shouldn't have issues getting new titles most of the time. This is what I do and I typically have two or three new releases each week to watch. I'm on the three out plan obviously.

Last week I had the UHD BD titles E.T., Split, and Get out. This week I have on the way to me, the Wonder Woman 3D BD, and UHD BD titles Conan The Barbarian and Close Encounters.

But if I waited until release day to checkout with those titles, I would typically be on the wait list.
sparky7 likes this.

53TB unRAID2--41TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
Sony 65x850C--Sony UBP-X800--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is online now  
post #1091 of 1097 Old 09-18-2017, 11:40 PM
Member
 
jodiuh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 167
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
As long as you checkout with the new title a week before they release, you shouldn't have issues getting new titles most of the time. But if I waited until release day to checkout with those titles, I would typically be on the wait list.
Ok, thanks. I went to look @ a few movies and everything I want to see has a "short wait" attached to it.

From the email I received:
"The average wait time is about 5-10 days. We guarantee that it will ship within 20 days. We also guarantee that after the rental ships, you will receive it within 7 business days (M-F)."

That's very disappointing and the whole "short wait" on all these titles frustrates me as well. I was hoping to see Wonder Woman and Transformers this month, but it looks like I'll be waiting for quite awhile. Further, when I went to cancel an order, I have to EMAIL them.

I just really, really feel like their site's garbage, their turnaround time and shipping is hot trash, and their prices seem way too high.

I'll give it a month, but right now, I'm
jodiuh is offline  
post #1092 of 1097 Old 09-19-2017, 08:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
nathan_h's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: O.A.S.I.S
Posts: 7,419
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1466 Post(s)
Liked: 955
I too wish it were cheaper and faster. Who wouldn't?

If you find a service renting UHD blu ray via mail for cheaper and or quicker, please let us know. Right now they are the cheapest and quickest option for renting UHD blu ray.

That said, I find that I get to see most new releases within a month of release, and often the same week as release, if I order them as soon as they are available on the site. And they have a new "rush" feature where, if one is really in a hurry, one can pay a little more to have a particular title shipped sooner. (I don't know if they offer that to new subscribers immediately. You will know if that is possible since it will be part of that email saying that a title is on "short wait" and that you can reply back to authorize a small additional charge to get your copy shipped within a couple of business days if you don't want to wait for your turn in the queue.)
sparky7 likes this.

***
My current setup.
My favorite movie review podcast, the Next Picture Show.
Don't suffer through Gamma D on your JVC. Optimize HDR Tone Mapping using Arve's tool & Masciola's test patterns instead (hints.)
nathan_h is online now  
post #1093 of 1097 Old 09-19-2017, 08:40 AM
UHD Addict
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 31,028
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6234 Post(s)
Liked: 3864
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodiuh View Post
Ok, thanks. I went to look @ a few movies and everything I want to see has a "short wait" attached to it.

From the email I received:
"The average wait time is about 5-10 days. We guarantee that it will ship within 20 days. We also guarantee that after the rental ships, you will receive it within 7 business days (M-F)."

That's very disappointing and the whole "short wait" on all these titles frustrates me as well. I was hoping to see Wonder Woman and Transformers this month, but it looks like I'll be waiting for quite awhile. Further, when I went to cancel an order, I have to EMAIL them.

I just really, really feel like their site's garbage, their turnaround time and shipping is hot trash, and their prices seem way too high.

I'll give it a month, but right now, I'm
As soon as you put a title back in the mail, you can order a new in stock title. Again for me, I get two to three new releases each week, But I make sure to order them when they are first available to order. Which is typically one week before release. So for releases that come out next Tuesday, I will place the order today.

Which I am going to do right now.
sparky7 likes this.

53TB unRAID2--41TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
Sony 65x850C--Sony UBP-X800--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is online now  
post #1094 of 1097 Old 09-19-2017, 10:54 AM
Senior Member
 
KK in CT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 440
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodiuh View Post
Ok, thanks. I went to look @ a few movies and everything I want to see has a "short wait" attached to it.

From the email I received:
"The average wait time is about 5-10 days. We guarantee that it will ship within 20 days. We also guarantee that after the rental ships, you will receive it within 7 business days (M-F)."

That's very disappointing and the whole "short wait" on all these titles frustrates me as well. I was hoping to see Wonder Woman and Transformers this month, but it looks like I'll be waiting for quite awhile. Further, when I went to cancel an order, I have to EMAIL them.

I just really, really feel like their site's garbage, their turnaround time and shipping is hot trash, and their prices seem way too high.

I'll give it a month, but right now, I'm
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post
I too wish it were cheaper and faster. Who wouldn't?

If you find a service renting UHD blu ray via mail for cheaper and or quicker, please let us know. Right now they are the cheapest and quickest option for renting UHD blu ray.

That said, I find that I get to see most new releases within a month of release, and often the same week as release, if I order them as soon as they are available on the site. And they have a new "rush" feature where, if one is really in a hurry, one can pay a little more to have a particular title shipped sooner. (I don't know if they offer that to new subscribers immediately. You will know if that is possible since it will be part of that email saying that a title is on "short wait" and that you can reply back to authorize a small additional charge to get your copy shipped within a couple of business days if you don't want to wait for your turn in the queue.)
I too am finding once again when I go on their site to rent my next movie that an overwhelming majority of what I have saved to my wish list (which is still a decent length) has a short wait. If they hadn't just raised their prices to correct this situation it wouldn't be such an annoyance, but they did. This is the best option out there currently for UHD discs, but with the short waits and the looong USPS shipping times, it's still very difficult to max out a 1 disc out at a time/5 max per month plan. Even to do that, I would have to be able to watch the movie the very night I received it in the mail to be able to turn it around the next day and start my next wait to have any shot. If I place an order today, typically if it's "in stock" it will ship the next day (at least I'll get the email the next day indicating it has shipped), and I will actually receive it in the mail typically after another 5 days. That's 6 days total for each disc not including Sundays. So based on that math there is no room for short waits in order to use what you pay for - there just aren't enough days in a month.

LG OLED65E6P | Oppo UDP-203 | Denon X5200W 7.2.4 | Darbee DVP-5000 | Emotiva XPA-3 | Sony PS4 | Xfinity X1
KK in CT is offline  
post #1095 of 1097 Old 09-19-2017, 05:30 PM
Member
 
jodiuh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 167
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13


jodiuh is offline  
post #1096 of 1097 Old 09-19-2017, 07:44 PM
UHD Addict
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 31,028
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6234 Post(s)
Liked: 3864
I got my rental copy of the Wonder Woman 3D BD today to take a look at. I purchased the UHD BD.(I wish they had a version that had both the 3D BD and UHD BD.)

I placed my rental order last Tuesday.

53TB unRAID2--41TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
Sony 65x850C--Sony UBP-X800--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

Last edited by aaronwt; 09-19-2017 at 07:49 PM.
aaronwt is online now  
post #1097 of 1097 Old 09-20-2017, 03:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
dnoonie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Seattle, WA area
Posts: 1,040
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 268
To me 3d-blu-ray rentals of UHD disks is a pretty fine deal! Consider that to rent a Amazon Video (streaming) version of a movies costs $8, that's only streaming quality.

Cheers,
sparky7 likes this.

OPPO BDP-93, Pioneer Kuro Pro-150FD, Dynaudio 2x BM-12a Mk III Mains, 2x BM 6a Mk II surround, 2x BM 14s Subs, Allan and Heath MixWizard, room is 11'7"x 16'6"x 8" dedicated and treated.
dnoonie is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply 3D Content

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , Avatar Three Disc Extended Collectors Edition Bd Live Blu Ray , How To Train Your Dragon Two Disc Blu Ray 3d Dvd Combo , Tron Legacy Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off