Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 594 Old 05-11-2011, 07:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiopho View Post

It looks like Paypal has been removed as one of the payment methods.
I was told they switch to a new company (Intuit) that handles the payment from now on.
And you have to be registered member to rent movies as well.

I dont think you have to register to rent. I was able to rent as a guest. I think you only have to register if you want to keep track of your rental history and store you customer info for quicker transactions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 594 Old 05-13-2011, 08:21 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

It looks like Paypal has been removed as one of the payment methods.
I was told they switch to a new company (Intuit) that handles the payment from now on.
And you have to be registered member to rent movies as well.

Can anyone confirm they removed PayPal payment option? If so, I'm done with them
post #93 of 594 Old 05-13-2011, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightman View Post

Can anyone confirm they removed PayPal payment option? If so, I'm done with them

Yes, no more Paypal option. I did notice that their new site is powered by "ProStores" which is an eBay company. You can see that at the bottom of the website. Paypal is also an eBay company. Not sure why they removed Paypal but for me, the security is still there since its affliated with eBay. My guess is that Paypal fees were costly.
post #94 of 594 Old 05-14-2011, 05:23 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by bachuka View Post

Not sure why they removed Paypal but for me, the security is still there since its affliated with eBay. My guess is that Paypal fees were costly.

PayPal is costly, and also has certain policies which allow buyers to tie up your money with questionable or fraudulent claims. Also it requires tracking and delivery confirmation to avoid those fraudulent claims, which is also costly.
post #95 of 594 Old 05-14-2011, 08:56 AM
Advanced Member

Prostores is an Intuit company, not eBay, or both?

Gen Coupe 3.8 Track w/ bolts-on tune: SRI , CBE

post #96 of 594 Old 05-14-2011, 10:51 AM

What are the available payment methods now?

I believe they couldn't charge late fee to PayPal account, that's why
post #97 of 594 Old 05-14-2011, 04:08 PM

ProStores is an eBay company...Intuit is probably their merchant provider on their backend that works with ProStores. Either way, both are big reputable companies so I'm not worried.

They now take Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and AMEX.

If what RDgrimes says is true, I dont blame them for switching from Paypal. I think Paypal are good for small businesses but if you grow, it probably does not make sense to use them. Netflix, Amazon, and other big e-commerce companies dont use them for a reason
post #98 of 594 Old 05-14-2011, 06:32 PM
Advanced Member

I think they should keep Paypal as one of the options.
Some consumers do not like the idea of exposing the c/c info.
They may end up losing a few customers this way.
I do hope they'll change their mind.

post #99 of 594 Old 05-14-2011, 06:42 PM

Quote:

I think they should keep Paypal as one of the options.
Some consumers do not like the idea of exposing the c/c info.
They may end up losing a few customers this way.
I do hope they'll change their mind.

Exactly! Specially after what happened to PSN.

They came up with a bright idea about 3D movies, then immediately made a mistake.
post #100 of 594 Old 05-14-2011, 07:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightman View Post

Exactly! Specially after what happened to PSN.

They came up with a bright idea about 3D movies, then immediately made a mistake.

+2!

I was so glad to have found them for 3D Bluray rentals but I'm VERY sorry to hear they have dropped the paypal option! I've had cc info compromised through Monoprice a year or so ago (they went out of their way to make things right) and now with Sony! I've only rented one movie from them and all went well but that may be my last.

Ed
post #101 of 594 Old 05-16-2011, 04:19 PM

I think it's a little unfair to blame these guys for other companies short-comings on security. Unfortunately, that happens to some companies from time to time and it's the unfortunate reality about the internet. I looked into Intuit which seems to be their payments provider now based off your guys messages and have not seen any security breaches with this company. They are a $3.5 Billion dollar company that's been around since the early 80's. Who is to say that Paypal could not be compromised?

3D-blurayrental has been treating their customers well and I'm sure they have a good reason to drop Paypal. I think it's unfortunate if customers stop supporting them because of "no paypal", I'll remain a customer for sure unless they all of a sudden have poor service....which I have not heard anyone complain about.
post #102 of 594 Old 05-17-2011, 11:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bachuka View Post

I think it's a little unfair to blame these guys for other companies short-comings on security. Unfortunately, that happens to some companies from time to time and it's the unfortunate reality about the internet. I looked into Intuit which seems to be their payments provider now based off your guys messages and have not seen any security breaches with this company. They are a $3.5 Billion dollar company that's been around since the early 80's. Who is to say that Paypal could not be compromised?

3D-blurayrental has been treating their customers well and I'm sure they have a good reason to drop Paypal. I think it's unfortunate if customers stop supporting them because of "no paypal", I'll remain a customer for sure unless they all of a sudden have poor service....which I have not heard anyone complain about.

I 2nd.
Companies (big or small) do what they need to do in order to survive and compete.
This case it is no difference and i do hope it'll stick around long enough before 3d hit mainstream.

post #103 of 594 Old 05-18-2011, 11:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 74
I love this site, wish I knew about it in December when I got my 3D projector. Now I have all these 3D titles that I paid $25-35 for when I could have just rented them. Maybe ill stop being lazy and put them up for sale
post #104 of 594 Old 05-19-2011, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blee0120 View Post
I love this site, wish I knew about it in December when I got my 3D projector. Now I have all these 3D titles that I paid $25-35 for when I could have just rented them. Maybe ill stop being lazy and put them up for sale
What cha got, maybe we can make a deal or trade.
post #105 of 594 Old 05-19-2011, 06:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_lobos

What cha got, maybe we can make a deal or trade.
I'll pm you when I get home
post #106 of 594 Old 05-22-2011, 04:56 AM - Thread Starter

I have used just a regular credit card since I started renting from them. No problems at all. Can't see a reason to use Paypal?
post #107 of 594 Old 05-22-2011, 12:02 PM

This is interesting I'll definitely check it out. Just so everyone knows netflix has step up 3d, and hubble. I'd never buy step up but am interested and hope nf will be expanding their 3d catalog.

Tahiti,Dinosaurs,M-house, AIW , Tangled,7Wonders, HTTYD, Cloudy, Open Season, Goldberg Variations, Avatar, 3d triple, Lang Lang, Megamind,Yogi, G&J, shrek-complete.
post #108 of 594 Old 05-23-2011, 04:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjhythloday
This is interesting I'll definitely check it out. Just so everyone knows netflix has step up 3d, and hubble. I'd never buy step up but am interested and hope nf will be expanding their 3d catalog.
They only have the 2D version
post #109 of 594 Old 05-23-2011, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blee0120 View Post

They only have the 2D version

Bummer, looks like your right, it's in the description as 3d, but they don't have the 3d.

http://movies.netflix.com/Movie/IMAX...624#height1557

http://movies.netflix.com/Movie/Step...624#height1210

Tahiti,Dinosaurs,M-house, AIW , Tangled,7Wonders, HTTYD, Cloudy, Open Season, Goldberg Variations, Avatar, 3d triple, Lang Lang, Megamind,Yogi, G&J, shrek-complete.
post #110 of 594 Old 05-25-2011, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Tried to rent Gulliver's Travels with Visa - quick email receipt.

10 minutes later I got another email from them stating a wait of 8-10 days for Gulliver's Travels with a list of titles available right away - NICE!

Selected 'Ice Age - Dawn of the Dinosaurs 3D Blu-ray', however, it appears that link goes directly to their database.
Another quick email back from them explaining that (they may have fixed it by now). Also instructions on how to get Ice Age from their regular website.

Another order confirmation email and I got an original disk of Ice Age 3D in the mail about 2 days later.

Watched it with no problem, mailed the disk back in the pre-paid envelope.

Very good, fast service and I didn't have to buy Ice Age 3D

My Home Theater System
See my weather site at: Seattle
See my webcam at: Wunderground
post #111 of 594 Old 06-01-2011, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter

Still renting from this company and still very pleased.
post #112 of 594 Old 06-01-2011, 01:27 PM
Advanced Member

Very happy with their customer service, overall.
Only one minor complaint, some of the more popular titles are in some waiting pattern but I guess they do not stock up these titles due to budget issue?

post #113 of 594 Old 06-02-2011, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Very happy with their customer service, overall.
Only one minor complaint, some of the more popular titles are in some waiting pattern but I guess they do not stock up these titles due to budget issue?
I'm still a very happy customer. Yes, true there is a short wait on some titles but they have always made their commitment on timing with me. Not much different than the Netflix and Blockbuster online from my experience.
post #114 of 594 Old 06-02-2011, 09:25 AM

At least the prices are finally dropping. Still too expensive for me to justify renting over buying. $20 to rent HTTYD, i just paid $45 to own it on ebay. Worth $25 extra to own it over just renting it for 14 days, for me at least. Paid $8 on ebay for Cloudy, same as it would cost to rent. Just doesn't make economic sense to me, if they made it more affordable i would be all over it.
post #115 of 594 Old 06-07-2011, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

I have great respect for persons like you, go lobos. If the film is so good that you will be watching it over and over, buying it is the only intelligent option. You are absolutely right! However for many of us our desire to see a film more than twice diminishes greatly and quickly for most films. I have more than 400 regular DVD's in my collection and I can count on one hand the films I have watched more than 1 or 2 times. I would love to have all that I invested in DVD's, now just dust collecting on my shelves, back in my bank account!! Most movies are, at best, a "look or two" and then move on. So renting offers our best "bang for our buck!"

The whole point of this thread, however, is to express to the readers of these boards that it seems, based on readers experiences, that we can trust this source for 3D rental videos. They do what they say they are going to do and they communicate!! That makes them better than 90% of the others selling things over the internet.

I still continue to be happy with these persons and their services, and I have now rented approx 20 videos from them.
post #116 of 594 Old 06-08-2011, 08:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by insman1132 View Post

I have great respect for persons like you, go lobos. If the film is so good that you will be watching it over and over, buying it is the only intelligent option. You are absolutely right! However for many of us our desire to see a film more than twice diminishes greatly and quickly for most films. I have more than 400 regular DVD's in my collection and I can count on one hand the films I have watched more than 1 or 2 times. I would love to have all that I invested in DVD's, now just dust collecting on my shelves, back in my bank account!! Most movies are, at best, a "look or two" and then move on. So renting offers our best "bang for our buck!"

The whole point of this thread, however, is to express to the readers of these boards that it seems, based on readers experiences, that we can trust this source for 3D rental videos. They do what they say they are going to do and they communicate!! That makes them better than 90% of the others selling things over the internet.

I still continue to be happy with these persons and their services, and I have now rented approx 20 videos from them.

Well my DVD collection is no where near as many but I know how you feel.
I way back then started out by buying DVD (time frame 1997-99) until Netlflix was born and that's was a game changer for me. Since then I've purchased a few here and there only when I think the movie itself deems a masterpiece or collection worthiness such as Saving Private Ryan or alike.
I'm now even more careful when making decision buying BR movies since they tend to cost more than their predecessor DVD ones.
Netflix though is vastly improving its BR titles but still no where near its DVD capacity so I end up buying a few BR titles here and there as well.
Now with 3D titles, so far I've purchased only a handful and mostly I'm sticking with 3d BR rental company like this.
Thus far I've easily gone well over 20 or even close to 30 rentals by the end of this week. (I've rented 3 this week alone)
I'm extremely happy with their service as well as their responsiveness or sensitiveness when movies do arrive late or get lost in my pile of junk mail.

post #117 of 594 Old 06-09-2011, 10:19 PM

Just received Polar Express 3D and noticed a small title/bar code label on the disc. This is not good practice - increases vibration levels in the player - bad for the transport. Anyone else have an issue with this? I am tempted to remove the label, but I would like the OK from the rental company.

John DeG
post #118 of 594 Old 06-13-2011, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by degroof View Post

Just received Polar Express 3D and noticed a small title/bar code label on the disc. This is not good practice - increases vibration levels in the player - bad for the transport. Anyone else have an issue with this? I am tempted to remove the label, but I would like the OK from the rental company.

I have not had any problems with these labels being on the disc. I've rented quite a few movies from them in total. I think given the size of the label....about 1 inch since I'm looking at a rental now that it should not cause any problems.
post #119 of 594 Old 06-13-2011, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter

Good thing to point out, Degroof. Why not email them and let them know?

Like Bachuka I have not noticed anything as I watch the movies. However if it can possibly damage the transport, it is important that they know.
post #120 of 594 Old 06-13-2011, 04:49 PM

I did e-mail them. They said they have not had any complaints, but that I could remove the label if it bothered me, as long as I returned the disc in the original sleeve so they could track the return. Sounds reasonable i suppose.

John DeG
Reply 3D Content

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , Avatar Three Disc Extended Collectors Edition Bd Live Blu Ray , How To Train Your Dragon Two Disc Blu Ray 3d Dvd Combo , Tron Legacy Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo
Gear in this thread - Avatar by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page