AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug View Post

I did not see an option to use Pay Pal!

They (I'm assuming you mean 3dblurayrental.com) stopped taking Paypal some time ago. Concerned me at 1st but I've rented from them several times since with no problems & great service.

Ed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 576 Old 01-27-2012, 09:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps View Post

They (I'm assuming you mean 3dblurayrental.com) stopped taking Paypal some time ago. Concerned me at 1st but I've rented from them several times since with no problems & great service.

Ed

Thanks Ed. I'll continue registration.
post #213 of 576 Old 01-27-2012, 09:21 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post

While VUDU does have by far the best streaming PQ the 3D is side by side and 1/2 resolution. So while 2D PQ is close to BD quality the 3D isn't.

Also VUDU has a more limited selection though they do have some documentary types that aren't available on BD.

Vudu works the best if you have a PS3, so you can simply download the content and then watch it in HDX.

I recently signed up with them on my PS3, upon which they gave me a $5.99 , once I recieved my LG 3D TV, I signed it to my account on the LG TV and they gave me another $5.99!
So I used my $11.98 towards the purchase of the 3D version of "Sammy's Adventures" ($21.99 before be $12 credit! ) , one of the best 3D animated movies ( story and all isnt in Pixar class, but awesome 3D). Glad I got it this way and not through Amazon (Hong Kong US version for $46 !)

So if you have a PS3 and want this hidden gem, You know what to do !
post #214 of 576 Old 01-27-2012, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:

While VUDU does have by far the best streaming PQ the 3D is side by side and 1/2 resolution. So while 2D PQ is close to BD quality the 3D isn't.

Also VUDU has a more limited selection though they do have some documentary types that aren't available on BD.

Yep, and some of us don't have a Vudu app that allows for 3D titles yet. I stream via my Oppo player and they don't support 3D last I checked. I'm a huge fan of Vudu, though...the HDX streams look *fantastic* and I've yet to have any sort of buffering issue. But I have no intention to stop using 3D-bluray rental...I like having the physical BD for 3D material.
post #215 of 576 Old 01-27-2012, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summa View Post

Yep, and some of us don't have a Vudu app that allows for 3D titles yet. I stream via my Oppo player and they don't support 3D last I checked. I'm a huge fan of Vudu, though...the HDX streams look *fantastic* and I've yet to have any sort of buffering issue. But I have no intention to stop using 3D-bluray rental...I like having the physical BD for 3D material.

My sentiments are pretty much identical. Vudu HDX is outstanding but unfortunately I have no 3D option through my Panny 210 and no Vudu at all with my Sony 570. I don't rent a lot but have been pleased with 3dblurayrental.com , glad they're around!

Ed
post #216 of 576 Old 01-28-2012, 08:40 AM
3BR

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug View Post

I did not see an option to use Pay Pal!

We use to offer Paypal but do not anymore. The reason is because Paypal did not offer us the ability to charge a customer at a later time for movies that were not returned. There were a few customers that abused the system.
post #217 of 576 Old 01-28-2012, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3BR View Post

We use to offer Paypal but do not anymore. The reason is because Paypal did not offer us the ability to charge a customer at a later time for movies that were not returned. There were a few customers that abused the system.

Ain't that always the case.....

Ed
post #218 of 576 Old 01-29-2012, 03:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2D3D View Post

Vudu works the best if you have a PS3, so you can simply download the content and then watch it in HDX....

Not sure what this means. I have an LG BD690 (and even the original VUDU box) both of which have a HD to download to. There is no difference in PQ/data content from downloading (unless you have a slow or intermittent internet connection) or streaming playback.
post #219 of 576 Old 01-30-2012, 05:45 AM

Quote:

Not sure what this means. I have an LG BD690 (and even the original VUDU box) both of which have a HD to download to. There is no difference in PQ/data content from downloading (unless you have a slow or intermittent internet connection) or streaming playback.

Sorry for any confusion caused. My post was towards those with BD players without HD.
post #220 of 576 Old 02-02-2012, 03:08 PM

I am from Canada and tried to rent a few but got an error that they do not have a payment option for International customers. Is this only for US?
post #221 of 576 Old 02-03-2012, 01:48 AM
3BR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansammut View Post

I am from Canada and tried to rent a few but got an error that they do not have a payment option for International customers. Is this only for US?

Yes, we only service US customers right now. Sorry.
post #222 of 576 Old 02-04-2012, 10:54 AM

Liked: 12
I don't know if it has been suggested here before but is it possible for 3DBR.com to add a comment and review feature for each of the movies on their site? Since this is not a monthly subscriptions, some of us would really want to make sure if we rent a movie there, that it would definitely be worth it, especially the documentary ones. Thank you.
post #223 of 576 Old 02-04-2012, 06:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edtorious View Post

I don't know if it has been suggested here before but is it possible for 3DBR.com to add a comment and review feature for each of the movies on their site? Since this is not a monthly subscriptions, some of us would really want to make sure if we rent a movie there, that it would definitely be worth it, especially the documentary ones. Thank you.

Seems to me if I was running a business that made it's profit by renting movies I wouldn't want any lousy reviews to discourage someone from renting one, lol.

Just a thought.........

Ed
post #224 of 576 Old 02-04-2012, 06:15 PM
3BR

Quote:
Originally Posted by edtorious View Post

I don't know if it has been suggested here before but is it possible for www.3D-Blurayrental.com to add a comment and review feature for each of the movies on their site? Since this is not a monthly subscriptions, some of us would really want to make sure if we rent a movie there, that it would definitely be worth it, especially the documentary ones. Thank you.

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll pass this to the team. Meanwhile, there are many good places to go for reviews. We recommend this site www.blu-ray.com/3d/. They seem to do a good job with thorough reviews. Hope that helps.
post #225 of 576 Old 02-12-2012, 09:32 PM

I just took the plunge into 3D at home, and was shocked to find that I can't rent the movies from Blockbuster, Netflix, Redbox, or... any of the usual places. I've checked out PSN and Vudu, but their rental selection is VERY limited (5 or 6 movies to rent, the rest only for digital purchase at $30-40!).

I stumbled onto 3D-blurayrental.com and was apprehensive, but after reading through this thread I took the chance and rented Journey to the Center of the Earth. Seems to be on backorder right now, but I can wait.

All that having been said, has anyone had any experience with 3dblurayrentals.com? Their rentals are much cheaper and the site says what they currently have in stock. For now I'm gonna stick with 3D-blurayrental.com because they seem to be gaining a reputation for spectacular customer service, and that's extremely important to me... but at roughly half the price for rentals at the other site, they may have some serious competition. I'm interested to find out if anyone has had any experience with them.

Edit; just noticed the other site charges for shipping, so it's not as significantly cheaper as it appears. Looks like the prices are about the same.

Edit again; The other site is also a 1 day rental, then they charge $0.99 a day after. 3d-blurayrental.com is apparently a MUCH better deal.
post #226 of 576 Old 02-13-2012, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Someone from their company post on here also and answers questions when they pop up. I just signed up with them a couple of weeks ago and like it very much. I can now preview the 3D movies I missed in a theater before deciding to buy.
post #227 of 576 Old 02-13-2012, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member

I wanted to apoligze for posting the WRONG website in a previous post! The site I have positive experience with is www.3d-blurayrental.com . I don't like the way the other site's addy is ALMOST the same to snare business and I wouldn't do business with them both because of that and the $.99 @ day charge. I think that smells.... What appears at first to be lower pricing is NOT with shipping charges and that per DAY charge! Could be a LOT MORE $$$ and I know NOTHING about the other site's service.
JMHO

Ed

Make sure to use the site with the hyphen (-) in the address!
post #228 of 576 Old 02-13-2012, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps View Post

I wanted to apoligze for posting the WRONG website in a previous post! The site I have positive experience with is www.3d-blurayrental.com . I don't like the way the other site's addy is ALMOST the same to snare business and I wouldn't do business with them both because of that and the $.99 @ day charge. !

My experience with www.3d-blurayrental.com has been so positive that I'm not even tempted to look for another service.

post #229 of 576 Old 02-16-2012, 11:49 AM

Liked: 15
Quote:

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll pass this to the team. Meanwhile, there are many good places to go for reviews. We recommend this site www.blu-ray.com/3d/. They seem to do a good job with thorough reviews. Hope that helps.

I enjoy the service you provide, but I do have one complaint. Your Ebay ads. Why are you posting rentals on Ebay? Not just a few either, but a lot of them.
post #230 of 576 Old 02-16-2012, 01:59 PM
3BR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOctober205 View Post

I enjoy the service you provide, but I do have one complaint. Your Ebay ads. Why are you posting rentals on Ebay? Not just a few either, but a lot of them.

Thank you for your feedback. We try to advertise/market where people go to look for 3D Blu-ray content. eBay is a great channel for these type of transactions. We have cleared this with eBay that it is ok to have our rentals on there. Before we send out a rental on eBay, we make sure the customer understands it is a rental first and get their confirmation that they understand. Hope that helps.
post #231 of 576 Old 02-16-2012, 02:27 PM

I tried 3d-blurayrental.com because of this thread, and had a great experience. They sent me Harold and Kumar the week it was released.
post #232 of 576 Old 02-16-2012, 05:17 PM

I aboslutely love being able to rent 3d before buying them....its saved me a lot of money!!!!
I wish they would give the frequent renters a free movie...say every 10th movie free.I rent atleadt 1 movie from them each week.
post #233 of 576 Old 02-18-2012, 04:26 PM
3BR

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickfire View Post

I aboslutely love being able to rent 3d before buying them....its saved me a lot of money!!!!
I wish they would give the frequent renters a free movie...say every 10th movie free.I rent atleadt 1 movie from them each week.

We do run promotions from time to time where you get a discount if you rent so many movies at a time. But like you said, we do not have a program where you get a free rental after so many rentals...if we do, I'll post it here.
post #234 of 576 Old 02-19-2012, 08:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickfire View Post

I just wish they would start selling some of their overstocked used 3D rentals. I would definitely be interested

post #235 of 576 Old 02-19-2012, 09:49 PM
3BR

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamermwm View Post

I just wish they would start selling some of their overstocked used 3D rentals. I would definitely be interested

We really dont have much overstock right now...luckily they're flying off the virtual shelves
post #236 of 576 Old 02-20-2012, 08:54 AM

There site is hard to follow: Just wondering how it works:

It says:

Starting at $2.99 to rent, 99¢ for each additional day!

How many days do you get it for before they charge the additional days?

Thanks.
post #237 of 576 Old 02-20-2012, 11:36 AM
3BR

Quote:
Originally Posted by shred5 View Post

There site is hard to follow: Just wondering how it works:

It says:

Starting at $2.99 to rent, 99¢ for each additional day!

How many days do you get it for before they charge the additional days?

Thanks.

I think you are visiting the wrong url....try this one www.3d-blurayrental.com. We do not charge a per day charge or shipping charges.
post #238 of 576 Old 02-20-2012, 11:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I think you are visiting the wrong url....try this one www.3d-blurayrental.com. We do not charge a per day charge or shipping charges.

+1!!!

Use 3d-blurayrental.com , note the -/hyphen in the address. My advice, stay away from the other site that does NOT have the hyphen. A rip off IMO!

Ed
post #239 of 576 Old 03-06-2012, 06:09 AM

Liked: 16
Quote:

Hi AVS members. I am a rep with 3D-Blurayrental.com and we thought it would be helpful if we start participating in this thread. We hope that's ok. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Hi, I have a question, I joined last week and ordered 2 movies and received email saying the 2 I ordered were not in stock and may take 1-10 days to ship. Also, the email included list of movies that were in stock, so I ordered 2 more that were available but so far nothing has been shipped. Is there some way the availability of each movie could be included in the movie listing? The other question, the 2 I ordered were suppose to be in stock so how long would it take before they may ship?

Bill
post #240 of 576 Old 03-06-2012, 11:59 AM
3BR

Quote:
Originally Posted by billymerritt View Post

Hi, I have a question, I joined last week and ordered 2 movies and received email saying the 2 I ordered were not in stock and may take 1-10 days to ship. Also, the email included list of movies that were in stock, so I ordered 2 more that were available but so far nothing has been shipped. Is there some way the availability of each movie could be included in the movie listing? The other question, the 2 I ordered were suppose to be in stock so how long would it take before they may ship?

We are happy to hear that you joined our site and rented movies. Unfortunately our website is not currently integrated with our back-end system, so you will not see shipping status when you log into your account. We ask that you please reference our e-mail communication in regards to your movies being shipped. With that said, we were able to look up your file and it seems that both of your movies did ship out to you the day you ordered them. Hopefully you will receive those soon. You should have received an e-mail confirmation that they had shipped.
Hope this information helped.
Reply 3D Content

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , Avatar Three Disc Extended Collectors Edition Bd Live Blu Ray , How To Train Your Dragon Two Disc Blu Ray 3d Dvd Combo , Tron Legacy Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo
Gear in this thread - Avatar by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page