Best 3D Game on PS3? - AVS Forum
1 2 
3D Content > Best 3D Game on PS3?
Decrypticshadow's Avatar Decrypticshadow 08:21 AM 03-17-2011
So far I have played Superstardust HD, Wipeout, Motorstorm Pacific, and Killzone 3.

IMO Superstardust HD was the best in 3D.

pjb16's Avatar pjb16 09:01 AM 03-17-2011
Tumble maybe, though SSHD is great.
reubensitos's Avatar reubensitos 09:01 AM 03-17-2011
I agree with you... Stardust was awesome. The tech is still in its infancy with a low adoption rate... however I have some high hopes for Uncharted 3. Did you watch the 3D video? The depth is pretty sick... I hope it turns out well...
Decrypticshadow's Avatar Decrypticshadow 09:34 AM 03-17-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by reubensitos View Post

I agree with you... Stardust was awesome. The tech is still in its infancy with a low adoption rate... however I have some high hopes for Uncharted 3. Did you watch the 3D video? The depth is pretty sick... I hope it turns out well...

I'm going to have to download the trailer. I haven't seen it. I wasn't too impressed with the Socom 4 trailer. I'm pretty sure it was in 3D.
nickels55's Avatar nickels55 09:50 AM 03-17-2011
For me, Motorstorm is the hands-down top notch game where 3D is useful and more then a gimmick. I put this at a 10 for 3D effect, the game seems to go into my TV forever.

Black-ops is pretty cool and Mortal Kombat demo is underwhelming for 3D effect. Gran Turismo 5 is OK, but the game is boring for me so I returned it.
shazza's Avatar shazza 10:32 AM 03-17-2011
Currently have the following 3D games for the PS3:

Killzone 3, Black-Ops, Gran Turismo, Motorstorm demo, Top Spin 4

Motorstorm is definitely my favorite with 3D, and can't wait til the full version is out. I like GT, but the 3D effect doesn't look like much (at least to me). The shooters are nice in 3D, but perhaps not my genre. Top Spin 4 is a nice game - but 3D adds no enhancements to gameplay.
Decrypticshadow's Avatar Decrypticshadow 10:54 AM 03-17-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by shazza View Post

Currently have the following 3D games for the PS3:

Killzone 3, Black-Ops, Gran Turismo, Motorstorm demo, Top Spin 4

Motorstorm is definitely my favorite with 3D, and can't wait til the full version is out. I like GT, but the 3D effect doesn't look like much (at least to me). The shooters are nice in 3D, but perhaps not my genre. Top Spin 4 is a nice game - but 3D adds no enhancements to gameplay.

Are you talking about Motorstorm Apocolypse Demo? Because in the USA it isn't available to download yet. Are you in another country? I have the Motostorm Pacifc Rift Demo which is pretty cool, and the full game is only like $9.99 on PSN
nickels55's Avatar nickels55 02:26 PM 03-17-2011
I got lucky and got the full MotorStrorm Rift game for $5 a few months ago. Why doesn't PSN let us know when stuff is on sale?
shazza's Avatar shazza 03:10 PM 03-17-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decrypticshadow View Post

Are you talking about Motorstorm Apocolypse Demo? Because in the USA it isn't available to download yet. Are you in another country? I have the Motostorm Pacifc Rift Demo which is pretty cool, and the full game is only like $9.99 on PSN

I'm talking about Motorstorm 3D Rift ... it's a download with only a few tracks. But enough to give a good idea of what Apocalypse will be like.
timtationx's Avatar timtationx 03:52 PM 03-17-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decrypticshadow View Post

Motorstorm Apocalypse has been delayed indefinitely in the UK and Japan for obvious reasons. US release is still up in the air but Im sure it will get delayed here as well.
Decrypticshadow's Avatar Decrypticshadow 06:00 PM 03-17-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtationx View Post

Motorstorm Apocalypse has been delayed indefinitely in the UK and Japan for obvious reasons. US release is still up in the air but Im sure it will get delayed here as well.

That sucks to hear. I was looking forward to that game. I wonder if the hardcopy version would be delayed in the US due to the horrible circumstances, but if they could still release a dependable version on PSN if production has already concluded..
shazza's Avatar shazza 11:42 PM 03-17-2011
Quote:
Your copy of Motorstorm Apocalypse will arrive on 12-Apr-11.

This just arrived in my mailbox from Amazon about 10 minutes ago.
Anthony1's Avatar Anthony1 11:57 PM 03-17-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickels55 View Post

For me, Motorstorm is the hands-down top notch game where 3D is useful and more then a gimmick. I put this at a 10 for 3D effect, the game seems to go into my TV forever.

Yep, it's amazing how you can see so far into the TV... You can see so far ahead of where the track is, more so than any racing game I've ever played. It almost makes the game too easy, because it's like you have an unfair advantage.

Super Stardust is a VERY close second.
stuup1dmofo's Avatar stuup1dmofo 12:55 AM 03-18-2011
Crysis 2.
timtationx's Avatar timtationx 06:07 AM 03-18-2011
Quote:

This just arrived in my mailbox from Amazon about 10 minutes ago.

I'd still cross my fingers if i were you. Gamestop's exclusive demo (which they sent me a code for) was supposed to be available earlier this week, but even that was delayed.
shazza's Avatar shazza 09:15 AM 03-18-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtationx View Post

I'd still cross my fingers if i were you. Gamestop's exclusive demo (which they sent me a code for) was supposed to be available earlier this week, but even that was delayed.

I know ... not too worried. Lots of other games to play. And, if this is in part due to the tragedy in Japan, I have no call to complain over a delay.
MilkMint's Avatar MilkMint 05:11 AM 03-21-2011
There are some "3D" scores for games on the site 3dtested.com and a couple of reviews with good 3D details. The top 3D games are GT5, Super Stardust HD and MotorStorm Apocalypse.

I think that Killzone 3 is very good, and liked GT5 and Wipeout HD.
Robert311's Avatar Robert311 02:11 AM 03-22-2011
Here's hoping that Uncharted 3 will be the best PS3 3D game.
delt31's Avatar delt31 09:06 AM 03-22-2011
guys - once you get your hands on motorstorm apocolypse prepared to be amazed. It is by far and away the best looking 3d game period and I tried them all. It is absolutely fantastic and well worth the import cost.
pjb16's Avatar pjb16 09:38 AM 03-22-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by delt31 View Post

guys - once you get your hands on motorstorm apocolypse prepared to be amazed. It is by far and away the best looking 3d game period and I tried them all. It is absolutely fantastic and well worth the import cost.

Good to know. Thanks!
Decrypticshadow's Avatar Decrypticshadow 02:41 PM 03-22-2011
Quote:

How did you get your hands on it already?
bcrigler's Avatar bcrigler 03:01 PM 03-22-2011
Crysis 2/Killzone 3 best 3d games.
nickels55's Avatar nickels55 03:01 PM 03-22-2011
No shock, as MotorStorm Rift has the best 3D I've seen on my set to date. I see plenty of comments about people having MotorStorm Apocalypse so it must have been released somewhere in small quantities. Search for it on Ebay - plenty of listing of it in stock:

Quote:

Version ASIA VERSION - REGION FREE (NO REGION PROTECTION)
Compatibility COMPATIBLE WITH WORLDWIDE PS3 CONSOLES
Voice (Audio) ENGLISH
Subtitle & Menu ENGLISH
Availability IN STOCK & READY TO SHIP

bd2003's Avatar bd2003 07:41 AM 03-23-2011
Quote:

Agreed. Motorstorm apocalypse looks absolutely amazing in 3D. Even though I was sitting alone in a dark room, I couldn't help myself from blurting out "man, that was awesome!".

It doesn't seem like resolution or framerate is adversely affected in a major way, so if you have 3D it's a no brainer. The depth is really impressive, and its real stereoscopy, not fake hackery like crysis.
shazza's Avatar shazza 07:53 AM 03-23-2011
Now you guys have me anxious for Motorstorm Apocalypse to arrive! Motorstorm is one of my all time favorite games - when the Grandkids visit they beg Grandma to play it just so they can watch the spectacular crashes. They're going to love it in 3D !!!
bd2003's Avatar bd2003 07:58 AM 03-23-2011
Quote:

Now you guys have me anxious for Motorstorm Apocalypse to arrive! Motorstorm is one of my all time favorite games - when the Grandkids visit they beg Grandma to play it just so they can watch the spectacular crashes. They're going to love it in 3D !!!

Not only is it the best 3d I've seen, it's by far the best motorstorm. I was iffy on the first two, but the destruction of the levels is just amazing. There is one part where you're on an elevated highway that just crumbles to pieces right in front of you and it just looks incredible.

I can understand why they delayed it. The real time destruction is very convincing...never seen anything on it's level.

The story mode is kinda retarded, but the racing is spot on.
delt31's Avatar delt31 10:17 AM 03-23-2011
Totally agreed - best Motorstorm if not best racer I've ever played. Music is really amazing too and the 3d (like someone mentioned) really doesn't seem to have an impact on the resolution. The destruction is insane.
rastie's Avatar rastie 11:37 AM 03-23-2011
hey guys just wanted to let you know that you can download the demo of motorstorm ap if you just make a UK account. I have a seperate account I always use for downloading demos, betas etc that UK people get first.
timtationx's Avatar timtationx 08:33 PM 03-23-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastie View Post

hey guys just wanted to let you know that you can download the demo of motorstorm ap if you just make a UK account. I have a seperate account I always use for downloading demos, betas etc that UK people get first.

I think they removed it from the store. Couldnt find it anywhere
Decrypticshadow's Avatar Decrypticshadow 09:42 AM 03-24-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastie View Post

I also tried to sign up for a UK account and it was absolutely nowhere to be found..
1 2 

Up
Mobile  Desktop