YouTube Home 3D Videos section. - Page 6 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #151 of 166 Old 05-11-2014, 03:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13

My wee trip to The Magic Kingdom. Shot with the Sony TD30 enjoy ;0)

http://www.youtube.com/user/256daddycool
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 166 Old 05-11-2014, 05:34 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Hopefully, I'm doing the final render tonight. Part 2 ended up being 85 minutes due to all the short segments. If this were a commercial project it would have been cut back to about 40 minutes but I wanted more personal stuff in it as it is a home video. smile.gif

I'll check out your Disney review later tonight but I'm, getting the dinner call now. I'll have to watch in anaglyph or maybe if I can find it on my WDTV YT app, I watch it on the big screen. I look forward to seeing what you did with a familiar location. Ah... I see your YT name and maybe I can search using that.

Found you on my WDTV and wife and I watched several of your videos in our HT. Your Magic Kingdom looked real good. I liked how you just did a capsule quick preview of the attractions visited. I have not done one like that.

I also saw two of your older Las Vegas videos. What camera did you use on each? The first one looked like it had no Image stabilization. The second was so smooth it was like you were using a merlin or some other steadicam. Plus the second one had excellent image quality for 2D. For the nighttime shots of the fireworks, your location was nice! Even though it got blocked a bit by the trees, it was better to capture the entire castle and fireworks with good sizing. I know the location and decided not to shoot from there due to the trees.
guitarman512 likes this.
post #153 of 166 Old 05-12-2014, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Landis View Post

Hopefully, I'm doing the final render tonight. Part 2 ended up being 85 minutes due to all the short segments. If this were a commercial project it would have been cut back to about 40 minutes but I wanted more personal stuff in it as it is a home video. smile.gif

I'll check out your Disney review later tonight but I'm, getting the dinner call now. I'll have to watch in anaglyph or maybe if I can find it on my WDTV YT app, I watch it on the big screen. I look forward to seeing what you did with a familiar location. Ah... I see your YT name and maybe I can search using that.

Found you on my WDTV and wife and I watched several of your videos in our HT. Your Magic Kingdom looked real good. I liked how you just did a capsule quick preview of the attractions visited. I have not done one like that.

I also saw two of your older Las Vegas videos. What camera did you use on each? The first one looked like it had no Image stabilization. The second was so smooth it was like you were using a merlin or some other steadicam. Plus the second one had excellent image quality for 2D. For the nighttime shots of the fireworks, your location was nice! Even though it got blocked a bit by the trees, it was better to capture the entire castle and fireworks with good sizing. I know the location and decided not to shoot from there due to the trees.
Hi Don, thanks for your comments. The 2D Vegas video was shot with a Hitachi C20 - a basic 1080 model. I used 30fps on this. The steadicam effect was due to youtube stabalizer. Its no good for 3D though. It worked great for a lot of shots but its not great when people walk close to the camera. I like the steadicam look so I've just got a flycam 3. It should be fun. The 3D Vegas video was shot with a cheap Aiptek 720 3D camcorder. No zoom or stabalizer but fun at the time. I then got the 3D Bloggie a good wee cam that I still use for some things. The Benidorm tour was filmed on it in 2D. The Benidorm tribute acts video was a mix of the C20 and the Bloggie. The bloggie footage was far superior at low light levels. I was only at Magic Kingdom for one day this time so run and gun really was the theme here. ;0)
post #154 of 166 Old 05-12-2014, 08:07 AM
AVS Club Gold

Well don't toss that Hitachi, it shoots some good looking video.

I never tried the YT image stabilizer. Interesting look.

My Bloggie is collecting dust. Haven't used it since replacing with the Panasonic 3DA1. It does have a fair OIS built in.
post #155 of 166 Old 05-14-2014, 02:09 AM
AVS Club Gold

Panama Canal Cruise on Legend of the Seas Part 2
superleo likes this.
post #156 of 166 Old 05-14-2014, 08:13 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Don and Guitarman: Very cool. Thanks for sharing.
guitarman512 likes this.
post #157 of 166 Old 05-16-2014, 03:54 AM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Landis View Post

Panama Canal Cruise on Legend of the Seas Part 2
Don should receive an award for services to the community! I can imagine an elderly person, no longer able to travel, experiencing great delight viewing this non-commercial, yet very professional, travelogue cum extended home movie. The 3D helps the viewer imagine they were there themselves. Masterful choice of music. Sedate, comfortable pacing. Fades and slow pans, that seem just right.
post #158 of 166 Old 05-16-2014, 08:14 AM
AVS Club Gold

Thank you Jeff for the accolades. But my reward for the projects is to be able to see these memories myself. 3D has indeed made it real for us. I have so much fun putting together the stories that I am always sad when I do the final rendering. But only for a moment! Then I look at a bunch of raw video and photos for projects still waiting to be assembled.

Here's what's in the works:

Disneyland and California Adventures tour.
Monument Valley off road tour.
Valley of the Gods and Gooseneck overlook.
Canyon de Chelly
Kings Palace tour in Carlsbad Caverns.

All shot and waiting to be edited.

Death Valley National Park in 3D
Have one more area to shoot and then ready for editing scheduled for January 2015

Future scheduled trips:
Allure of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruise Jamaica and Cozumel September 2014
Disney Dream Cruise November 2014
post #159 of 166 Old 05-20-2014, 12:02 PM

Hi Guys, heres my latest video upload - Seaworld, Orlando best 3D part at around 23:40 fishes flying about!! I tried some colour corrections on the underwater parts though and they dont all work out well. Check it out and let me know what you think ;0)

https://www.youtube.com/user/256daddycool
post #160 of 166 Old 05-23-2014, 12:03 PM
AVS Club Gold

Here is Disneyland's California Adventure World of Color in 3D:
post #161 of 166 Old 05-24-2014, 11:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I have been there but never saw this, so thanks for saving me $96x2. Are those holographs in the sky? Amazing.
post #162 of 166 Old 05-24-2014, 02:26 PM
AVS Club Gold

There are plenty of videos on this attraction on YT but few that are 3D and mine seems to be the only one that is the full show.

The images are not holograms but just high powered video projectors using the wall of water spray as a screen. Since the pool of water jets is a large stage, the images appear to be 3 dimensional but you can't see that from one viewing location.
post #163 of 166 Old 05-25-2014, 09:36 AM

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Been catching up on some SBS 3D over the last week since I finally have that figured out from computer to TV now.

Watched Don's Bryce Canyon and Valley of Fire, both really nice productions. Valley.." the audio wasn't quite right between music and dialog, it seemed a little too heavy on music and was harder to understand. Bryce... sounded very good and balance between music/dialog. Very good images on both though. I haven't been to either place so it was nice to see these. I want to say one of these locations, I think it was Bryce canyon I have some footage of it recorded off of 3Net on their National Monument series. Unfortunately I have no way of getting the content off of there in 3D.

I'm hoping to get a vacation in next year and do some filming out of state. Filming locally right now. Had a really nice day yesterday filming Steam Punk Day, lots of neat costumes and attire and the people were just fantastic and willing to pose for shots and talk about their costumes, I really enjoyed going. The weather could have been better, it rained here and there but there were places to get out of the rain, right at the end I was setting up both cameras for firing of the Howitzer canon, then it started to downpour.

Luckily I had my bag covering the Z10k which was setup in front on the ridge and didn't get too wet. I got both under the tent just in time where we were all huddled up for awhile. Both of these cameras are fairly watertight but I think I'll stick them in front of the dehumidifier today, just to be sure. Got set back up after it cleared about 15 mins. later, they weren't sure if they were going to still do it, but they had the powder and they even made reference to me, "hey, we got a guy with the 3D camera here, so maybe we'll go ahead and fire it." Sounds like nothing you've heard before if you've been right at 20 feet from one when they go off. Good shots of it from the front from the Z10k, I had that one running in 2D @60p and my main 3D rig running that one @24p, I probably should have had both setup for 3D but I wanted one good shot in 2D, next year I'll probably do both in 3D.

I wish I could get some footage up, but I don't have an editing tool yet. Been putting funds aside for some gear but I might just pull the trigger on Vegas Pro instead. And, I think I'll make some rain covers and bring them along from now on. It was a little nerve racking being stuck in the open and no way to protect your equipment.

This line intentionally left blank.
post #164 of 166 Old 05-25-2014, 10:51 AM

I'd give Sony Movie Studio a go nice and cheap, works just like vegas and has'nt crashed on me yet ;0) you can download the trial version to see if you like it.
post #165 of 166 Old 05-25-2014, 03:48 PM
AVS Club Gold

I have a Portabrace rain jacket for my Z10K and keep it handy in my tripod case. Used it for the first time in Panama when entering the canal at 6AM. It began to rain so I put it on until about 8AM when it cleared off. Keeps the camera dry but playe heck with the audio. Crackling sound as the rain hits the cover.
post #166 of 166 Old 06-05-2014, 11:56 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15

I'm looking forward to checking out the site later.  Thanks for the uploads.

Reply 3D Content

Tags
Sony , Sanyo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page