YouTube Home 3D Videos section. - Page 8 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #211 of 227 Old 08-07-2015, 06:18 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Location: Canada - West Island: Vancouver, South Direction: Go East, dts:x Films: Under the Skin, 3D, Birdman, x_machina, The Zero Theorem, Interstellar
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5185 Post(s)
Liked: 2188
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
Easiest way is to put YT in fullscreen and enable side by side on your display. Some are top/bottom should have a mode for that too on your display.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Landis View Post
tom explained the Side By Side format for that format of 3D. All 3D TV's have that mode but you need to go in the menus to manually set it up. Just remember you will need to switch back to 2D after done viewing the SBS 3D on You Tube.
Thx. ...Three modes:
1. Two superimposed images almost on top of each other (not quite).
2. Two images side by side.
3. Top and bottom images.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 227 Old 08-07-2015, 06:31 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Location: Canada - West Island: Vancouver, South Direction: Go East, dts:x Films: Under the Skin, 3D, Birdman, x_machina, The Zero Theorem, Interstellar
Of note: The pages from this thread, like the previous page for example, takes longer time to be fully stabilized/downloaded and ready for navigation...scrolling down.
It must be because of all those 3D youtbe videos...they have more data...more 'dimensionality' to them. ...And the videos are also running longer...much longer than simple youtube music videos.

Also, AVSForum is the one that takes the longest to stabilize, because of its sheer size and data content...images, videos, etc.

But some Japanese high end audio websites with ultra high resolution larger photographs of ultra high end audio gear, also tales longer to download and get ready to navigate...and much slower than a normal audio site from a smaller group of members.

Do you guys also experience that?
post #213 of 227 Old 08-07-2015, 10:30 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 659 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Northsky-

I don't see that but then I have a very high speed internet service. With the latest offer from Comcast last winter, my web content access is as fast as off a regular hard drive, really! It runs a constant bit rate of 90Mbs. I can actually stream 4 Netflix videos in HD with no stuttering. It's much more than I need but it is their minimum tier now for broadband business account. The consumer Comcast account is high burst speed but varies slower as the sustained content such as a Netflix HD movie runs.

FWIW- My Business account costs $149 a month including our taxes. It includes no bandwidth caps at 90Mbs dn / 65Mbs up , domain name hosting and Microsoft Exchange server for e-mail.
post #214 of 227 Old 08-08-2015, 12:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Northsky-

I don't see that but then I have a very high speed internet service. With the latest offer from Comcast last winter, my web content access is as fast as off a regular hard drive, really! It runs a constant bit rate of 90Mbs. I can actually stream 4 Netflix videos in HD with no stuttering. It's much more than I need but it is their minimum tier now for broadband business account. The consumer Comcast account is high burst speed but varies slower as the sustained content such as a Netflix HD movie runs.

FWIW- My Business account costs $149 a month including our taxes. It includes no bandwidth caps at 90Mbs dn / 65Mbs up , domain name hosting and Microsoft Exchange server for e-mail.
I'm jealous!! Damn, that sounds nice

My- mostly 3D- YouTube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Tarnway/videos?view=0

Barry C
post #215 of 227 Old 08-08-2015, 01:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthSky View Post
Of note: The pages from this thread, like the previous page for example, takes longer time to be fully stabilized/downloaded and ready for navigation...scrolling down.
It must be because of all those 3D youtbe videos...they have more data...more 'dimensionality' to them. ...And the videos are also running longer...much longer than simple youtube music videos.

Also, AVSForum is the one that takes the longest to stabilize, because of its sheer size and data content...images, videos, etc.

But some Japanese high end audio websites with ultra high resolution larger photographs of ultra high end audio gear, also tales longer to download and get ready to navigate...and much slower than a normal audio site from a smaller group of members.

Do you guys also experience that?
Speaking just about web pages that have lots of video content, I use ClicktoFlash which blocks Flash from loading so the pages load quicker that have videos on them like this thread. I have HTML 5 set as default to load YT or anything that uses Flash. I have it set to not preload the videos so it doesn't have to pull that data down at all until I select it to. I can right click and load Flash if I need to after page is loaded but really no need. Some sites will have videos play automatically or that require flash to load first which requires data to be pulled down first which slows the loading of pages. They may not even be necessary to the site but advertising. I find the web is so much faster without flash and safer. Flash is obsolete.

This line intentionally left blank.
post #216 of 227 Old 08-08-2015, 06:31 AM
AVS Club Gold

These web sites like AVSForum that have features that automatically go out and access YT or Face Book or other 3rd Party web URL's and then load the players for videos or seek URL's for images to repost take time. That extra time can be observed if your connect speed is much lower. It doesn't have anything to do with the length of the videos in the players because you don't see the actual stream until you select play from the players.

I said I don't see the slowness here but when I travel on a cruise ship the internet connections are often too slow to play video and I do recall these threads taking extra time to load the players too.

More and more, web designs are moving to html5 which is faster but also supports so many more features and if the web pages are using them it can still be slow. You Tube is moving away from Flash and this causes some additional problems with the players for 3D display. html5 does not support 3D controls. The older Flash player did. A disadvantage to us 3D enthusiasts, with html5 player you no longer have the option to set your YT playback for different 3D modes. YT engineers said they are working on trying to develop a player with those controls but as with most things You Tube, there is low priority for anything 3D because it does not have an ad revenue stream. Plus, since Google hired the new CFO, who is a budget slasher, I suspect anything that does not generate revenue for Google will get the axe and that includes 3D.
post #217 of 227 Old 08-08-2015, 07:04 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 67
I use 4K Video Downloader to save any YouTube videos I have a particular interest in, such as 3D side by side clips on this forum. The downloader allows you to select which file size version you want. I normally select "original resolution". It may take a little while to download, but then you have the whole file available to play back, without any risk of pauses for buffering, and at high quality.
Don Landis likes this.
post #218 of 227 Old 08-08-2015, 12:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Thank you all gentlemen, I am learning interesting stuff, related to 3D and youtube and computers.
post #219 of 227 Old 08-08-2015, 06:47 PM
AVS Club Gold

North Sky-

My opinion is that You Tube on a computer browser is in constant change. So, what you learn today may be different tomorrow. On a device app the changes are much slower so that they work one way for much longer time frames.
post #220 of 227 Old 08-08-2015, 07:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
North Sky-

My opinion is that You Tube on a computer browser is in constant change. So, what you learn today may be different tomorrow.
Or, maybe even an hour later with YT

Barry C
post #221 of 227 Old 08-08-2015, 07:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Thx Don; I rarely watch youtube so for me it's no big deal. But that's where you guys can share your 3D videos, then it is more interesting now. ...It adds more 3D content.

Don, in my sig is my real name...Bob is fine.

♦ 3D question of the day: Did any of you watch The Art of Flight Documentary in 3D? ...About snowboarders.
Also, another Documentary; Pina in 3D? ...About modern dance.

If you like snow, mountains, high altitude, extreme sports, dance, body language, arts in general...those are two good 3D spots to explore.

About space? ...IMAX: Hubble 3D

I know I know...they're not on youtube...they're on Blu. ...Just wanted to add some good suggestions, of mine.

♥ I love this thread, because it is your own creative 3D Art, and I'm glad it's here, and I'm glad I'm here. ...Keep on doing it...many people love it.

Last edited by NorthSky; 08-09-2015 at 03:56 PM. Reason: small typo
post #222 of 227 Old 08-08-2015, 10:52 PM
Advanced Member

Tried to watch Pina but it wasn't for me. The dance style a little too European and just weird.

post #223 of 227 Old 08-09-2015, 06:30 AM
AVS Club Gold

I saw Art of Flight on Netflix 3D and liked it so much I bought it on BD. I believe it's still on Netflix. The Cube, another snow skiing 3D was good too but I believe it is gone now from Netflix 3D.

I bought PINA and like tom it wasn't for me but my daughter who took ballet lessons through school liked it for a one time view. She much rather preferred the Nutcracker in 3D which I have off Vudu in 3D. And now, thanks to some work tom and I have been doing for the past 5 months I have the Nutcracker 3D preserved on disk as well, in case Vudu ever goes dark. The Nutcracker in 3D is a great Holiday movie that is timeless.
post #224 of 227 Old 08-09-2015, 08:48 AM
Advanced Member

I was just looking at titles there that aren't on BD that are on VUDU, I came up with:

Tinker Bell The Pirate Fairy
Tinker Bell The Legend of the Neverbeast
The Nutcracker (2011)
Toy Story Toons Haiwaiian Vacation (short)
Toy Story Toons Small Fry (short)
Tangled Ever After (short)

Not sure if these shorts are on 3D BD, I don't have them to check. Maybe they're included on the disc in 3D. Anything else I missed?

Last edited by tomtastic; 08-10-2015 at 03:11 PM.
post #225 of 227 Old 08-09-2015, 04:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I understand...modern dance from Europe is not for everyone...still...it's well done in 3D. ...And me, I love modern dance, so...Pina in 3D on Blu was a very nice addition to my 3D Blu collection.

And The Art of Flight in 3D on Blu is one of my top 3D favorites...the cinematography from the air is simply awesome.

That's the thing I love the most about humanity; we all have more or less different/similar taste when it comes to everything...3D. ...I dig it.
post #226 of 227 Old 08-11-2015, 10:05 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hi Folks, It's been a while but here's another wee travel video -
post #227 of 227 Old Today, 04:07 PM
Advanced Member

I put this up yesterday but took it down due to color irregularities on YouTube. This is a corrected version which should, hopefully, compensate for any YouTube issues. It is a 5 minute piece featuring sharks. These were taken at the same time as the ones in the video I put up last week, in chapter one, but this was primarily taken with the narrow FOV JVC-TD1, which makes the sharks look much bigger in the frame and has some great negative parallax/ 3D popout.

Barry C
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Content

Tags
Sony , Sanyo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page