Drive Angry - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 68 Old 09-28-2011, 08:09 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I stand behind my assessment of this movie from both a 3D perspective, and as a film...

The 3D is AWESOME.
the movie is crap of the highest order, but SO enjoyably tongue in cheek and stupid, that I loved it. My wife and I laughed the whole way through as this film is innapropriate, silly, and cheesy. But FUN!

Play nice. It's just an online forum :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 68 Old 09-28-2011, 08:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by wired1 View Post

I stand behind my assessment of this movie from both a 3D perspective, and as a film...

The 3D is AWESOME.
the movie is crap of the highest order, but SO enjoyably tongue in cheek and stupid, that I loved it. My wife and I laughed the whole way through as this film is innapropriate, silly, and cheesy. But FUN!

Well said, I liked this movie also. It knows it's place and doesn't try to aspire to anything other than a straight forward non plausible story with all the cliché lines/effects/scenes with entertaining 3D to boot. Also like Cage's deadpan sarcastic humor.
post #63 of 68 Old 09-30-2011, 10:22 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post

If the display is causing the crosstalk, you're going to continue to see the crosstalk even if you close one eye. The picture information intended for one eye's view has been mixed into the other.

Ok, Thanks. I assumed it was because there were elements of both the right and left images in the source which the TV couldn't separate, particularly as I had a Panasonic Vierra ST30 3D Plasma which are supposed to be one of the best as far as ghosting is concerned.

I have since replaced it with a higher spec GT TV so will have to check the same scene again.
post #64 of 68 Old 09-30-2011, 04:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcdesign View Post

I agree with Josh Z though that the overall sense of depth really is very good indeed and so far, many if not every single scenes exhibits the most natural looking 3D I have seen in any film to date.

This is good to know. My favorite adjective when it comes to 3d is "natural".
post #65 of 68 Old 11-03-2011, 06:20 AM

Liked: 10
This movie was crazy fun for me. Take it for what it is. Not supposed to be a thinking movie or political statement, but just energized-raw-kickass movie. I saw the 2d version on Vudu. I'm broke right now because of all my purchases at Amazon, but will definitely be my next 3d purchase.
post #66 of 68 Old 11-29-2011, 07:52 PM

Just finished watching it... What a fun ride. My Brother and I really enjoyed it. It is what it is. Anyone expecting "Gone with the wind" did not read the synopsis of the film before buying.... This was a great 3D movie. the 3D was good and campy. Images looked great on my HD33, not ghosting a blast.... You can really tell it was shot in 3D... Nicholas Cage was great in it. He always plays these querky roles, and does a great job at it. I thought it would be total crap and bought it because, as someone one mentioned above, it was not a cartoon, and it was onsale at amazon.ca for $22.00... I was pleasantly surprised how fun a movie it was. It fires on all cylinders. I don't think anyone was trying for an oscar with this one... but I have to say it was well worth the money.

I enjoyed it more than most of my other non animated 3d films, Except Avatar which was awesome.

Better than Conan the Barbarian
Better than Resident Evil
Better than Priest <- that's not even fair, Priest was total crap...
better than Piranha .... ok that isn't fair either...
Better than Pirates of the Caribean ( which managed to put me to sleep twice )....

take the plung, if you don't enjoy it, well heck sumbich needs a beer.

PSN:Waltermixxx
Live:Whitby Wildcat
Shsssshshhhhhhhhh the movie's started....and it's in 3D...
post #67 of 68 Old 11-30-2011, 06:18 AM

"Better than Pirates of the Caribean ( which managed to put me to sleep twice )...."

Me too!!!
post #68 of 68 Old 11-30-2011, 07:43 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
"Just finished watching it... What a fun ride. My Brother and I really enjoyed it. It is what it is. Anyone expecting "Gone with the wind" did not read the synopsis of the film before buying.... This was a great 3D movie. the 3D was good and campy. Images looked great on my HD33, not ghosting a blast.... You can really tell it was shot in 3D... Nicholas Cage was great in it. He always plays these querky roles, and does a great job at it. I thought it would be total crap and bought it because, as someone one mentioned above, it was not a cartoon, and it was onsale at amazon.ca for $22.00... I was pleasantly surprised how fun a movie it was. It fires on all cylinders. I don't think anyone was trying for an oscar with this one... but I have to say it was well worth the money. "

This was my very first 3D movie. I bought it about four months back when Amazon had it for $10.99 before I even had my 3D projector.

I had some buds over to watch it and we all thought it was just awesome. Dumb fun, great 3D, and doesn't take itself too serious. One of my friends had already seen it in 2D and he said the 3D made it about 10 times more entertaining.
Reply 3D Content

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page