Blockbuster 3D - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 160 Old 08-22-2011, 08:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Is there an easy way to search on the website for true 3D Blu Ray's? I've got Tahiti 3D in my queue, but can't really find anything else that I'm interested in. I was hoping that slowly but surely they would start adding some more titles like Tangled and stuff like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 160 Old 10-14-2011, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Lets keep this thread going ...

I joined BB a couple of days ago and should be receiving Grand Canyon 3D today.
post #33 of 160 Old 10-17-2011, 07:42 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by umenon View Post

Lets keep this thread going ...

I joined BB a couple of days ago and should be receiving Grand Canyon 3D today.

hope you enjoy Tara's music video lol
post #34 of 160 Old 10-17-2011, 07:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjs View Post

hope you enjoy Tara's music video lol

Disc was in 3D!! Tara has a great voice and she is tough!!
post #35 of 160 Old 10-19-2011, 03:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
I have been using Blockbuster Total Access for years and did not know they had any Blu-ray 3D's until coming across this thread. How do you search for them exactly? I searched Blu-ray 3D and a list of titles come up such as Priest, Monster House, etc, but none of them are actually Blu-ray 3D's (just 2D). I did find one or two, but the labeling they use is confusing.
post #36 of 160 Old 10-21-2011, 04:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 92
...I did, and made him aware that there IS a demand for 3D Blu-ray discs. The website doesn't always have accurate information regarding the format and availability...your best bet is to call your local store to find out if they stock them. I believe all Total Access members are allowed unlimited in-store exchanges, so there's no additional charge involved. The guy I spoke to was very knowledgeable (YMMV), and was committed to getting more titles in. I just returned "Green Lantern" this afternoon, and I'm looking forward to checking out other titles as soon as they get them in stock.
post #37 of 160 Old 10-21-2011, 05:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy1 View Post

...I did, and made him aware that there IS a demand for 3D Blu-ray discs. The website doesn't always have accurate information regarding the format and availability...your best bet is to call your local store to find out if they stock them. I believe all Total Access members are allowed unlimited in-store exchanges, so there's no additional charge involved. The guy I spoke to was very knowledgeable (YMMV), and was committed to getting more titles in. I just returned "Green Lantern" this afternoon, and I'm looking forward to checking out other titles as soon as they get them in stock.

My store has received any 3D Blu-rays. I asked and the store manager said there is no plans for 3D movies and is not expecting any of them anytime soon (or at least not to his knowledge). Maybe Blockbuster is testing them at certain stores and if they do well then hopefully other stores will get them.

How many Blu-ray 3D's did your store have? Did they just have Pirates and Green Lantern. I sort of wonder if they will get anymore in stock because I think the only reason they have the 3D versions of those 2 movies is because Warner and Disney never sent Blockbuster any copies. The rental availability date for Pirates 4 is in November, but from what I heard Disney gave Blockbuster permission to purchase copies so they can rent. The store manager had to go purchase copies which makes me think that your store manager must have purchased a couple of the 3D combo packs. They had to do the same thing with Green Lantern.
post #38 of 160 Old 10-21-2011, 06:24 PM

Liked: 12
From what I got ..

Stereo 3D Blu-Ray:

Dinosaurs Alive! [3D] [Blu-ray] (2007)
Grand Canyon Adventure: River at Risk [3D] [Blu-ray] (2008)

Anaglyph :

The Polar Express: 3-D [Blu-ray] (2004)

Just 2D :

Resident Evil: Afterlife [3D] [Blu-ray]

Enjoying Nissan Leaf as the primary car for over 6 months : MyNissanLeaf.com
post #39 of 160 Old 10-21-2011, 08:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evnow View Post

From what I got ..

Stereo 3D Blu-Ray:

Dinosaurs Alive! [3D] [Blu-ray] (2007)
Grand Canyon Adventure: River at Risk [3D] [Blu-ray] (2008)

Anaglyph :

The Polar Express: 3-D [Blu-ray] (2004)

Just 2D :

Resident Evil: Afterlife [3D] [Blu-ray]

and I also see ...
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti 3D [3D] [Blu-ray]
post #40 of 160 Old 10-22-2011, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Matt View Post

My store has received any 3D Blu-rays. I asked and the store manager said there is no plans for 3D movies and is not expecting any of them anytime soon (or at least not to his knowledge). Maybe Blockbuster is testing them at certain stores and if they do well then hopefully other stores will get them.

How many Blu-ray 3D's did your store have? Did they just have Pirates and Green Lantern. I sort of wonder if they will get anymore in stock because I think the only reason they have the 3D versions of those 2 movies is because Warner and Disney never sent Blockbuster any copies. The rental availability date for Pirates 4 is in November, but from what I heard Disney gave Blockbuster permission to purchase copies so they can rent. The store manager had to go purchase copies which makes me think that your store manager must have purchased a couple of the 3D combo packs. They had to do the same thing with Green Lantern.

From what I was told by the manager, his store is only allotted enough money to purchase 60 titles at a time, including 3D titles. They had "Tangled" and "Green Lantern", as well as a couple of other titles (I forget the names). He wasn't able to get "Pirates" this time around, but he intends to get it, "Thor" and "Captain America" the next time he orders. The manager mentioned something about the contractual agreements with the movie studios, and from what I gathered they weren't exactly being cooperative as far as the rental market is concerned.
post #41 of 160 Old 10-22-2011, 04:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

From what I was told by the manager, his store is only allotted enough money to purchase 60 titles at a time, including 3D titles. They had "Tangled" and "Green Lantern", as well as a couple of other titles (I forget the names). He wasn't able to get "Pirates" this time around, but he intends to get it, "Thor" and "Captain America" the next time he orders. The manager mentioned something about the contractual agreements with the movie studios, and from what I gathered they weren't exactly being cooperative as far as the rental market is concerned.

I sort of heard the same thing about the studios. I think Warner is the one that is being tough nails right now and it all has to do with the 90 day window they want to implement.
post #42 of 160 Old 10-23-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:

From what I was told by the manager, his store is only allotted enough money to purchase 60 titles at a time, including 3D titles. They had "Tangled" and "Green Lantern", as well as a couple of other titles (I forget the names). He wasn't able to get "Pirates" this time around, but he intends to get it, "Thor" and "Captain America" the next time he orders.

Interesting - I'll mention this to my local BB (now there are 2 - instead of the 20 we had a couple of years back). May be they will consider doing this.

post #43 of 160 Old 10-27-2011, 12:22 PM

I got Green Lantern [Blu-ray] [3D] yesterday. This is the first movie 3D blu-ray disc I've got from Blockbuster.

post #44 of 160 Old 10-27-2011, 07:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:

I got Green Lantern [Blu-ray] [3D] yesterday. This is the first movie 3D blu-ray disc I've got from Blockbuster.

And it really was Bluray 3d??? If so, was this by mail or in store? I have it in my "Q" (by mail) but was pretty sceptical as to whether it was truly a 3D Bluray although that's what it shows as. Thanks!

Ed
post #45 of 160 Old 10-28-2011, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps View Post

And it really was Bluray 3d??? If so, was this by mail or in store? I have it in my "Q" (by mail) but was pretty sceptical as to whether it was truly a 3D Bluray although that's what it shows as. Thanks!

Yes - this was true BD 3D and by mail.

Make sure you go to "View all versions" and add the correct version which specifically says 3D in the title to the queue.

BTW, I should note, the current verbiage says "Green Lantern [Blu-ray/DVD] [3D Blu-ray] [Includes Digital Copy]" - slightly different from what I put in the queue and shows as at home - "Green Lantern [Blu-ray] [3D]".

post #46 of 160 Old 10-28-2011, 06:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Interesting! I think you are the first person to mention to have actually received the 3D version of Green Lantern. I wonder if this will now be a trend. Lets hope it will be. Perhaps they will get Deathly Hallows part 2 in 3D as well. I am really hoping to see some true 3D movies though. By that I mean something that was actually filmed in 3D or rendered such as Cars 2.
post #47 of 160 Old 10-29-2011, 09:55 AM

Quote:

Interesting! I think you are the first person to mention to have actually received the 3D version of Green Lantern. I wonder if this will now be a trend. Lets hope it will be. Perhaps they will get Deathly Hallows part 2 in 3D as well. I am really hoping to see some true 3D movies though. By that I mean something that was actually filmed in 3D or rendered such as Cars 2.

Hope so. I returned the disc to local store (hoping to exchange for games - which apparently is not possible) - and mentioned I actually got a 3D movie. He was surprised as well. Hoping to get atleast the store buy some 3D movies.

post #48 of 160 Old 10-29-2011, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:

Yes - this was true BD 3D and by mail.

Make sure you go to "View all versions" and add the correct version which specifically says 3D in the title to the queue.

BTW, I should note, the current verbiage says "Green Lantern [Blu-ray/DVD] [3D Blu-ray] [Includes Digital Copy]" - slightly different from what I put in the queue and shows as at home - "Green Lantern [Blu-ray] [3D]".

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it! Yep, that's the version I have in my queue. Hopefully that's what I'll get!

Ed
post #49 of 160 Old 10-29-2011, 03:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Anyone who has Blu-ray 3D should send Blockbuster an e-mail. I e-mail them once every 2 months and request it. The more requests the better chance it is they will get more 3D movies.

Quote:

Hope so. I returned the disc to local store (hoping to exchange for games - which apparently is not possible) - and mentioned I actually got a 3D movie. He was surprised as well. Hoping to get atleast the store buy some 3D movies.

You can exchange for games, but it has a to be a 99 cent game. They changed their policy on games. Used to be discounted price of $4.99, but games are $1.99 per day or 99 cents per day depending on how long the game has been out.
post #50 of 160 Old 10-29-2011, 06:22 PM

Quote:

You can exchange for games, but it has a to be a 99 cent game. They changed their policy on games. Used to be discounted price of $4.99, but games are $1.99 per day or 99 cents per day depending on how long the game has been out.

Yes - from what I could search on BB, I can't see what the current policy is. Also I think it depends on the policy of each store.

Some of the newer movies won't be available on BB online for months to come (Batman not until 1/31/12 !). So, if I can't exchange for games locally - I'll have to subscribe to gamefly.

post #51 of 160 Old 10-29-2011, 08:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yes - from what I could search on BB, I can't see what the current policy is. Also I think it depends on the policy of each store.

Some of the newer movies won't be available on BB online for months to come (Batman not until 1/31/12 !). So, if I can't exchange for games locally - I'll have to subscribe to gamefly.

Yeah, not to derail this thread from 3D, but Blockbuster never has new games available through the by mail program. You always have to end up waiting 3 months after release date. They should add the brand new games, even if there is a slight price increase. Let the customer decide. To be fair, Blockbuster may lose money if they offered the new games upon release date. They would have to purchase way more copies of the games and if they went ahead and did this there for sure would be a price increase.
post #52 of 160 Old 10-30-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:

Yeah, not to derail this thread from 3D, but Blockbuster never has new games available through the by mail program.

Well, not deviating too much from 3D - since I was actually trying to rent 3D games - esp. Batman.

post #53 of 160 Old 11-07-2011, 12:22 PM

I got Scar 3D from BB. But it is in Anaglyph.

post #54 of 160 Old 11-11-2011, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:

I also got GL in 3D and HP Pt 2 is also available.

post #55 of 160 Old 11-11-2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema13 View Post

I also got GL in 3D and HP Pt 2 is also available.

I just put HP 2 3D - hope to get it soon (and it is a 3D disk).

post #56 of 160 Old 11-12-2011, 10:04 PM

I put Deathly Hallows 3D in my queue and got it today. Was super excited to finally get a 3D rental. Came in the mail today, opened it up, 2D.
post #57 of 160 Old 11-13-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruserinc View Post

I put Deathly Hallows 3D in my queue and got it today. Was super excited to finally get a 3D rental. Came in the mail today, opened it up, 2D.

Is that part 2 or the part 1 ?

post #58 of 160 Old 11-13-2011, 11:44 AM

Quote:

Is that part 2 or the part 1 ?

Part 2.

Sent a email to Blockbuster today to see whats up. Because in my queue it says "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2 [Blu-ray] [3D]" The sleeve I got with the disc says "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2 [Blu-ray]", could be a shipping mistake.
post #59 of 160 Old 11-15-2011, 02:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruserinc View Post

Part 2.

Sent a email to Blockbuster today to see whats up. Because in my queue it says "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2 [Blu-ray] [3D]" The sleeve I got with the disc says "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2 [Blu-ray]", could be a shipping mistake.

You're probably right. I've received my PT 2 disc and it definitely is 3D. (Even says so both on the sleeve and right on the disc!)

post #60 of 160 Old 11-21-2011, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema13 View Post

You're probably right. I've received my PT 2 disc and it definitely is 3D. (Even says so both on the sleeve and right on the disc!)

Yes - I got the correct 3D disc as well.

Reply 3D Content

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page