Blockbuster 3D - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #61 of 160 Old 11-23-2011, 07:18 PM
Member
 
bruserinc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yes, it was a shipping mistake on Blockbusters end. Before I even sent the 2D version back they had shipped a 3D copy to me (only have 1 out at a time). Got it, and it was 3D.

It was sent back and I got Green Lantern 3D today.
bruserinc is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 160 Old 11-23-2011, 08:47 PM
Advanced Member
 
Billbofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Waukesha, WI
Posts: 538
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I got Ultimate Wave today on 3D blu ray.

WOW!! My wife and I had our jaws on the floor half the time.
Billbofet is offline  
post #63 of 160 Old 11-24-2011, 08:19 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Rudy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 3,057
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billbofet View Post

I got Ultimate Wave today on 3D blu ray.

WOW!! My wife and I had our jaws on the floor half the time.

I own this title and no matter how many times I watch it I'm still impressed by the 3D effects. It would make a great demo disc to show off one's 3D gear.
Rudy1 is offline  
post #64 of 160 Old 12-05-2011, 05:52 AM
Member
 
supermr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I signed up for the free 30 day trial after following this thread for awhile. I have Green Latern and Cave of Forgetton Dreams in my queue. If I can even get three of four movies a month that are in 3d from BlockBuster I will be extremely happy.
supermr2 is offline  
post #65 of 160 Old 12-22-2011, 06:01 AM
Member
 
supermr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Blockbuster is showing Smurfs in 3D and I have placed it in my queue but it is showing a very long wait. Has anyone received a copy of Smurfs 3D yet?
supermr2 is offline  
post #66 of 160 Old 12-22-2011, 08:24 AM
Senior Member
 
advocate2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vegas, baby
Posts: 391
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermr2 View Post

Blockbuster is showing Smurfs in 3D and I have placed it in my queue but it is showing a very long wait. Has anyone received a copy of Smurfs 3D yet?

I've had it at the top of my list for three or four weeks now.
advocate2 is offline  
post #67 of 160 Old 12-22-2011, 12:59 PM
AVS Special Member
 
lovingdvd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 8,818
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I am watching this thread with great interest. If the Blockbuster online service starts to have greater selection and inventory I will drop Netflix and sign up for sure. I am also watching Redbox - as that is even a better option IMO (instant gratification!).
lovingdvd is offline  
post #68 of 160 Old 12-22-2011, 01:10 PM
Advanced Member
 
Billbofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Waukesha, WI
Posts: 538
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I am giving Blockbuster a trial run to get the 3D blus. I have had it now for a month and I am kind of finding it difficult to get higher profile titles.

For example, I have had Yogi, Harry Potter, Smurfs, and Under the Sea at the top of my queue for the past few rentals, yet I end up getting titles lower in my list. I have been getting the Imax docs and Haunting in Salem (suck), so I really hope the availability of the more popular titles open up. I can only watch so many documentaries!!!!
Billbofet is offline  
post #69 of 160 Old 12-22-2011, 01:35 PM
AVS Special Member
 
lovingdvd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 8,818
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billbofet View Post

I am giving Blockbuster a trial run to get the 3D blus. I have had it now for a month and I am kind of finding it difficult to get higher profile titles.

For example, I have had Yogi, Harry Potter, Smurfs, and Under the Sea at the top of my queue for the past few rentals, yet I end up getting titles lower in my list. I have been getting the Imax docs and Haunting in Salem (suck), so I really hope the availability of the more popular titles open up. I can only watch so many documentaries!!!!

If you happen to have Comcast you may be able to get Yogi in 3D off of On Demand. I saw it listed there and watched some of it at one point a few weeks ago. Not going to be the same quality as the blu-ray but may suffice given the wait.
lovingdvd is offline  
post #70 of 160 Old 12-22-2011, 02:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
cinema13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,514
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billbofet View Post

For example, I have had Yogi, Harry Potter, Smurfs, and Under the Sea at the top of my queue for the past few rentals, yet I end up getting titles lower in my list. I have been getting the Imax docs and Haunting in Salem (suck), so I really hope the availability of the more popular titles open up. I can only watch so many documentaries!!!!

Don't blame me...I returned my3D copies of POTTER as well as GREEN LANTERN.

cinema13 is offline  
post #71 of 160 Old 12-22-2011, 04:03 PM
Advanced Member
 
Billbofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Waukesha, WI
Posts: 538
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema13 View Post

Don't blame me...I returned my3D copies of POTTER as well as GREEN LANTERN.

Well, I wish you had returned them a bit faster so I could have avoided Haunting in Salem. Some things just cannot be un-watched and now I have to live with that for the rest of my life.
Billbofet is offline  
post #72 of 160 Old 12-22-2011, 04:23 PM
Member
 
amoney805's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was a little disappointed when I received Resident Evil Afterlife in 2D even though its clearly stated as 3D. They insisted that they don't carry 3D movies even though I received Green Lantern 3D. I have a feeling Smurfs will be mislabeled as well.
amoney805 is offline  
post #73 of 160 Old 12-22-2011, 05:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
lovingdvd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 8,818
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoney805 View Post

I was a little disappointed when I received Resident Evil Afterlife in 2D even though its clearly stated as 3D. They insisted that they don't carry 3D movies even though I received Green Lantern 3D. I have a feeling Smurfs will be mislabeled as well.

Yes before I found this thread a couple weeks ago I wrote to them asking if they did any 3D movies and the rep responded that they do not. But of course we know that not to be the case.
lovingdvd is offline  
post #74 of 160 Old 12-22-2011, 06:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
cinema13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,514
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingdvd View Post

Yes before I found this thread a couple weeks ago I wrote to them asking if they did any 3D movies and the rep responded that they do not. But of course we know that not to be the case.

Reps are clueless. I recently saw CAVE OF FORGOTTEN DREAMS in 3D via BB.

cinema13 is offline  
post #75 of 160 Old 12-22-2011, 06:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
old corps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 1,222
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema13 View Post

Reps are clueless. I recently saw CAVE OF FORGOTTEN DREAMS in 3D via BB.

So did I. Rented and watched Green Lantern in 3D from them as well.

Ed
old corps is offline  
post #76 of 160 Old 12-23-2011, 05:41 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
Don Landis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 10,743
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 101
My local BB B&M store just got their first 3DBD in this week. It is Piranha in 3D. This is one I chose not to buy so It will be on my list to rent as soon as it is returned.
Don Landis is online now  
post #77 of 160 Old 12-23-2011, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member
 
old corps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 1,222
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Landis View Post

My local BB B&M store just got their first 3DBD in this week. It is Piranha in 3D. This is one I chose not to buy so It will be on my list to rent as soon as it is returned.

Don't get too excited Don. IMHO it really stinks!

Ed
old corps is offline  
post #78 of 160 Old 12-23-2011, 02:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
lovingdvd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 8,818
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema13 View Post

Reps are clueless. I recently saw CAVE OF FORGOTTEN DREAMS in 3D via BB.

What I don't understand is how hard is it for companies to send an email blast to all representatives that says "Hey we know have some 3D movies available for rent in case anyone asks"? Amazing how disconnected some companies can be from their customers and their needs. It seems though that Blockbuster is starting to understand they can win some customers via 3D...
lovingdvd is offline  
post #79 of 160 Old 12-23-2011, 03:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
cinema13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,514
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps View Post

Don't get too excited Don. IMHO it really stinks!

Ed

Aw, c'mon...how can you hate a movie that begins with Matt Hooper (from JAWS) getting eaten by piranhas? Dumb, goofy fun...and a few very nasty deaths! I've got it in my queue for 3d Rental.

cinema13 is offline  
post #80 of 160 Old 12-24-2011, 03:24 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
Don Landis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 10,743
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Yeah that's what I heard but I'll check it out anyway.

Whoops- It's only for retail sale! My mistake.

However, yesterday, they got in a bunch of Smurfs in 3D as a special rental package. Even though I own this one, I'll rent it anyway just to add the ratings. I'm hoping I can soon stop buying the disks and just rent them first.
Don Landis is online now  
post #81 of 160 Old 12-25-2011, 06:49 PM
AVS Special Member
 
old corps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 1,222
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema13 View Post

Aw, c'mon...how can you hate a movie that begins with Matt Hooper (from JAWS) getting eaten by piranhas? Dumb, goofy fun...and a few very nasty deaths! I've got it in my queue for 3d Rental.

LOL, yeah it'd be fine for a rental but this old fart actually bought that stinker! I wasn't expecting much and it delivered much less......
Hope you enjoy it!

Ed
old corps is offline  
post #82 of 160 Old 01-07-2012, 08:15 AM
Member
 
tripod39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Blandon.Pa.
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Listed 8 3D's on my queue @ BlkBr anxious to see what comes.Was a 10 year user then it went to h*ll.Give it another try.

WAP 16.

tripod39 is offline  
post #83 of 160 Old 01-07-2012, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member
 
T-Bone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 1,529
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripod39 View Post

Listed 8 3D's on my queue @ BlkBr anxious to see what comes.Was a 10 year user then it went to h*ll.Give it another try.

Unfortunately, some titles are listed as 3D, but are not. I had that experience with Resident Evil Afterlife. Oh well. At this point, BB Online has 3D and BD for no for extra charge compared to Netflix. Shipping times are reasonable so far. It is the only 3D game in town for me... unless I want to purchase 3D movies... but that is an expensive option.

Please keep us posted if a 3D BD shows up at your house as a 2D. Thanks.

-T
T-Bone is offline  
post #84 of 160 Old 01-07-2012, 09:48 AM
Member
 
makinbiscuits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
just a heads up but for anyone who is on the blockbuster free trial and is on the fence about keeping or canceling their subscription. When I went to cancel my account I was offered a discount subscription of 16.99 for 3 discs at a time.
makinbiscuits is offline  
post #85 of 160 Old 01-07-2012, 02:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
T-Bone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 1,529
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by makinbiscuits View Post

just a heads up but for anyone who is on the blockbuster free trial and is on the fence about keeping or canceling their subscription. When I went to cancel my account I was offered a discount subscription of 16.99 for 3 discs at a time.

Is the discount rate a teaser rate that expires after some amount of time? And thanks... that's good to know they are willing to discount to keep customers.

-T
T-Bone is offline  
post #86 of 160 Old 01-07-2012, 04:13 PM
Member
 
makinbiscuits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post

Is the discount rate a teaser rate that expires after some amount of time? And thanks... that's good to know they are willing to discount to keep customers.

-T


nothing I read says it expires after a certain amount of time. I'll check my account again just for clarification.
makinbiscuits is offline  
post #87 of 160 Old 01-08-2012, 09:58 AM
Advanced Member
 
luismanrara's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 966
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Just got Resident Evil Afterlife but no 3D

Do not steal, The powers that be do not like the competition.
luismanrara is offline  
post #88 of 160 Old 01-08-2012, 02:55 PM
Newbie
 
xponxe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
where can i find free 3d streaming to test out my tv. i have been on youtube 3d so far, checked a few sample trailers. any one know of any good sites which stream stuff..

thanks.
xponxe is offline  
post #89 of 160 Old 01-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Member
 
amoney805's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by xponxe View Post

where can i find free 3d streaming to test out my tv. i have been on youtube 3d so far, checked a few sample trailers. any one know of any good sites which stream stuff..

thanks.


If you have a ps3 there are some free demos you can download from the playstation store.
amoney805 is offline  
post #90 of 160 Old 01-08-2012, 11:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
cinema13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,514
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoney805 View Post

If you have a ps3 there are some free demos you can download from the playstation store.

Aside from Vudu, there are also 3D offerings on HBO and STARZ OnDemand via your cable or satellite system. The Pay-Per-View OnDemand section also has 3D movies, including some that are not available on Blu (SHARK NIGHT, etc.)

cinema13 is offline  
Reply 3D Content

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off