Blockbuster 3D - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 160 Old 02-24-2012, 06:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Wth are you guys doing to even get the Imax 3d movies -_-. I've had all of them in there for awhile and they have all said short wait forever. The only one I got was Dinosaurs Alive 3D. SEND them back already!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 160 Old 02-25-2012, 05:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 40
I've had every 3D bluray they have listed in my queue near the the top of my list for months and continue to add them as they become available. I'm on the "2 @ a time plan".

So far I've received:

Green Lantern

Cave of Forgotten Dreams

Arabia 3D (just yesterday)

Not very good but better than Netflix.......

Ed
post #123 of 160 Old 02-25-2012, 07:24 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Blockbuster is doing twice as good this month as last month. I got my second disk for February yesterday! It was the Dinosaurs of Patagonia 3D.

Good story but lots of divergence in the close ups as well as geometry distortion. Seems the director didn't understand the IMAX 3D minimum shooting distance for that camera. This is where using an over/under rig pays off but their game, I recognize, was to do an IMAX film, so therefore, they should have shot all scenes within the limit ranges of that camera.

The interesting thing about IMAX and IMAX 3D productions is they are billed as an IMAX icon. Unfortunately using the IMAX technology limits the director to telling the story the way the IMAX dictates. Most movies today, do not bill a movie by the brand of camera being used. IMAX is the exception. The last time in history Hollywood did this was during the early days of Panavision®, Cinemascope®, and Technicolor®

The medium long shots were pretty good as expected for a 65mm IA camera. The extreme long shots were flat 2D. Many of the bright shots were also a bit washed out. The production could have used a good colorist to fix the gamma in some of the scenes.

Bottom line, the story was good, but the 3D quality suffered in many of the scenes while other scenes were excellent.
post #124 of 160 Old 02-25-2012, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Apparently it seems both BD and 3D PUSS IN BOOTS has been removed from any availability via BB.

post #125 of 160 Old 02-25-2012, 06:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps View Post

I've had every 3D bluray they have listed in my queue near the the top of my list for months and continue to add them as they become available. I'm on the "2 @ a time plan".

So far I've received:

Green Lantern

Cave of Forgotten Dreams

Arabia 3D (just yesterday)

Not very good but better than Netflix.......

Ed

Whoops! I forgot that I also got Dinasaurs of Patagonia as well.
post #126 of 160 Old 02-26-2012, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema13 View Post

Apparently it seems both BD and 3D PUSS IN BOOTS has been removed from any availability via BB.

Yeah Blockbuster seems to be dropping more & more blu-rays as of late which was the main reason for leaving Netflix mail service in favor of BB in the 1st place,..I am seriously considering dropping this service now too, & in store carries even less blu-ray's then online does
post #127 of 160 Old 02-28-2012, 07:20 PM

puss in boots is available in bluray not 3d but it is and always has been via blu.

Where do you guys come up with this ****?
post #128 of 160 Old 02-28-2012, 08:40 PM

Maybe they are getting better I just got Dinosaurs 3D, then Ultimate Wave 3D, and the shipping took only one day for both of them this time. Then again I'd like to know how they decide which movies they get in 3D. Like how they have Green Lantern in 3D but not Hugo and others.
post #129 of 160 Old 03-12-2012, 11:56 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
We got Grand Canyon 3D in the mail 2 weeks ago, but it was cracked. So I asked for a replacement and it still says "shipping soon."

It's possible that was their only copy, I guess.

Also, we recevied "Dinosaurs Alive" but I'm pretty sure it was Giants of Patagonia. I would be able to tell the difference, right?
post #130 of 160 Old 03-12-2012, 12:02 PM
AVS Special Member

I just returned Ultimate Gs-Zacs Flying Dream 3d. It had been in my queue for at least 6 weeks before I got it though....

Ed
post #131 of 160 Old 03-12-2012, 12:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippleman View Post

Maybe they are getting better I just got Dinosaurs 3D, then Ultimate Wave 3D, and the shipping took only one day for both of them this time. Then again I'd like to know how they decide which movies they get in 3D. Like how they have Green Lantern in 3D but not Hugo and others.

According to the manager at my local Blockbuster store, selection is based on demand and they are not getting a lot of requests for the 3D version of movies. I was told the same thing by a telephone customer service rep...if they get more requests, they will stock more titles.
post #132 of 160 Old 03-14-2012, 10:29 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy1 View Post

According to the manager at my local Blockbuster store, selection is based on demand and they are not getting a lot of requests for the 3D version of movies. I was told the same thing by a telephone customer service rep...if they get more requests, they will stock more titles.

I sent my request in to increase the 3d inventory.

Response: They are aware of the increased demand in 3D movies and hope that I will maintain my membership long enough to start seeing the new 3D titles.
post #133 of 160 Old 04-02-2012, 12:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I give up.1 movie in 1 month.Yes,they were all short wait,long wait.I cancelled.

WAP 16.

post #134 of 160 Old 04-02-2012, 03:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripod39 View Post

I give up.1 movie in 1 month.Yes,they were all short wait,long wait.I cancelled.

I always have some older movies in my queue that will be readily available, so there's always something that can be headed my way quickly. Once a disc is in hand, it's easy to swap it for a current release at the local Blockbuster retail store. (assuming you have some nearby, if not, I agree Blockbuster online is not likely to be worth it)

Not as good as having ready access to new releases all the time through the mail, but at least the in-store swaps make it worthwhile.
post #135 of 160 Old 04-03-2012, 11:22 AM

Liked: 13
Yeah, I've noticed that BB has been reducing the number of bluray's on new releases, which is not cool since I always prefer really good quality video and audio. I have a few 3D titles in my online queue but have never been able to get any in. I have waited for a week before and nothing, so it defeats the purpose of even having these is they only have a few out there. I would rather get a movie that has been out a few weeks online since they ship those out rather quickly vs. getting the new release right away b/c you will have to wait awhile. Then when I return it at my local BB, I try to find the least busy one and they usually have a good selection of new bluray's available. Much more so than others.

I have emailed and asked the clerks and they mention the 3D is similar to the bluray when it first came out and that is why they won't bring out more unless the demand goes way up. It would be nice, but until then, I guess we have to either find some cheap copies or go thru VUDU which is probably the best VOD service with the HD and audio. I would always rather watch from a bluray disc though.

post #136 of 160 Old 04-04-2012, 08:21 AM
AVS Club Gold

As soon as my latest disk is here and I can confirm it's return,I'm dropping this. I had hoped that BB@Home would be a good 3D source but it is way too frustrating. Even the exchange at my store would be great but unfortunately, it takes then 2-3 weeks now to send another disk, any old disk that has availability "NOW" listed.

What finally was the last straw here is I got email confirmation I returned my last disk on
March 20. Finally on Monday I got an e-mail they are sent my next disk. I'm still waiting to get that. If they really did send it, it should have been here yesterday.

I think they lie about when they send out the disks and I just can't trust them. I have gotten 2D version of titles and reg DVD version when I requested 3D and when I requested Blu Ray. The service is just plain poor and a waste of money as I had to pay extra to get it. Not "Free" like some have gotten it.
post #137 of 160 Old 04-04-2012, 01:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Landis View Post

As soon as my latest disk is here and I can confirm it's return,I'm dropping this. I had hoped that BB@Home would be a good 3D source but it is way too frustrating. Even the exchange at my store would be great but unfortunately, it takes then 2-3 weeks now to send another disk, any old disk that has availability "NOW" listed.

What finally was the last straw here is I got email confirmation I returned my last disk on
March 20. Finally on Monday I got an e-mail they are sent my next disk. I'm still waiting to get that. If they really did send it, it should have been here yesterday.

I think they lie about when they send out the disks and I just can't trust them. I have gotten 2D version of titles and reg DVD version when I requested 3D and when I requested Blu Ray. The service is just plain poor and a waste of money as I had to pay extra to get it. Not "Free" like some have gotten it.

AMEN Don! Out of 28 tiltles in my queue and up to 6 showing as "available" nothing shipped in close to 2 weeks.I did manage to snag a few 3D titles but it took FOREVER to get them. WAY too much aggravation! Finally pulled the plug today and went crawling back to NF. No 3D but MUCH better service.

See ya @ Sat Guys, lol.

Ed
post #138 of 160 Old 04-04-2012, 06:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Landis View Post

As soon as my latest disk is here and I can confirm it's return,I'm dropping this. I had hoped that BB@Home would be a good 3D source but it is way too frustrating.

I received my first disc today. Only 1 day wait, but Jeez:

However, when you said, "I'm dropping this", I'm assuming you have BB@home via Dishnetwork? Long story short, when they first made the transition, I noticed I had BB@home on my account and when I couldn't sync BB with my Dish account, I went ahead and removed BB from my programming. I never asked for it in the first place, they just added it to my account. That was a few months ago and I didn't realize until last week that Dish Platinum was rolled into the BB@home package. I always wondered what happened to 1/2 of my HD channels! Anyhow, I was looking forward to watching The Hunter (on right now and again at 7:15p) on HDNet Movies but I noticed I didn't have this channel anymore, so I had to add BB@home to my programming in order to get the Dish Platinum channels. Not bad since it's still $10 a month, but now I get blu-ray discs as well from BB. I'm not sure why I couldn't sync the two accounts previously, but this time it worked without issue. So just remember, if you cancel BB@home, you'll sacrifice all your Platinum channels as well. http://www.satellitesolutions.com/di...d-platinum.asp
post #139 of 160 Old 04-06-2012, 05:50 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
It seems that every new blu-ray title that becomes available is either short wait or long wait from Blockbuster. Getting tired of it.

One example; I ordered Bridesmaids a short while after it became available at BB. It had "long wait" associated with it. I was able to get it at Red Box without a problem however, the rental cost $1.49.00 + tax. It took about 4 months to finally get it from BB.

However, I do think that that both BB and NetFlix is limited to the amount that they can purchase per title. This is done not to destroy the retail business.
post #140 of 160 Old 04-06-2012, 07:17 AM

I cancelled blockbuster because the SUCK. I had 2 3D movies, number 1 and 2 in my que that were "available" but instead they sent normal blu rays that were 5 and 6 on my list. I called and BB said just because they say available doesn't mean they are available to me? WTF? F*** you BB. No wonder why your company sucks ass
post #141 of 160 Old 04-06-2012, 12:32 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bontrager View Post

It seems that every new blu-ray title that becomes available is either short wait or long wait from Blockbuster. Getting tired of it.

One example; I ordered Bridesmaids a short while after it became available at BB. It had "long wait" associated with it. I was able to get it at Red Box without a problem however, the rental cost $1.49.00 + tax. It took about 4 months to finally get it from BB.

However, I do think that that both BB and NetFlix is limited to the amount that they can purchase per title. This is done not to destroy the retail business.

They limit the number of discs they get for new releases because they don't want to have a bunch of worthless copies after the initial spike in interest is over.
post #142 of 160 Old 04-07-2012, 03:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhonzi View Post

They limit the number of discs they get for new releases because they don't want to have a bunch of worthless copies after the initial spike in interest is over.

I'm getting a little irritated with blockbuster. I switched from netflix because it offered blu rays, 3D blu rays, and video games. I got 3 at a time for $20. I cancelled my netflix immediately. However, I have to wait 10 days to get anything new. Even tho I get 3 at a time, I probably get 4 movies in a month. It sucks, I'm ready to cancel.
post #143 of 160 Old 04-09-2012, 04:29 PM

I'll give it a go again they sent me a code for another free month so. ~.~
Wow just now the sorry suckers sent me another email for a free month for 2 discs but since I just used the other one I can't upgrade to that one. I wonder if it will still work in a month lol.
post #144 of 160 Old 04-10-2012, 09:00 AM
AVS Club Gold

I cancelled on Monday after the confirmed the receipt of my last mailed disk. I did get a few 3D titles but some that were supposed to be 3D were really sent as 2D. I never did cancel Netflix so BB @ Home was just a test run that failed for me.
post #145 of 160 Old 04-10-2012, 09:52 AM

They must be getting desperate because I have now received three more emails in two days after I already came back for a free month. Its only good for old movies though since I added 5-6 new movies and 4 of them were long wait and the other 2 are short wait, along with all the 3D movies in my queue.
post #146 of 160 Old 04-12-2012, 05:49 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
BB just closed their last store in my county,30 x 40 mi.Maybe a total shutdown forthcoming.NE Pa.

WAP 16.

post #147 of 160 Old 04-12-2012, 06:26 AM
Advanced Member

During my one month free trial I was able to get Grand Canyon: River at Risk, Dinosaurs Alive and Arabia all in the 3D format. Make sure you select the 3D version (hit versions available for each title.) Wait times were usually a few days. That said I've cancelled but will probably re-enroll if I get another offer and/or Blockbuster 3D selection improves. Right now my Netflix account is also on hold. If they continue to not offer 3D blu-rays I'm cancelling Netflix. RedBox will probably become my single rental outlet for the near future.

Derek
post #148 of 160 Old 04-12-2012, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek View Post

During my one month free trial I was able to get Grand Canyon: River at Risk, Dinosaurs Alive and Arabia all in the 3D format. Make sure you select the 3D version (hit versions available for each title.) Wait times were usually a few days. That said I've cancelled but will probably re-enroll if I get another offer and/or Blockbuster 3D selection improves. Right now my Netflix account is also on hold. If they continue to not offer 3D blu-rays I'm cancelling Netflix. RedBox will probably become my single rental outlet for the near future.

There's always www.3d-blurayrental.com but they're expensive.

I have yet to have a single 3D BR delivered from BB, despite having them all at the top of my queue for months now. I've had other things in my queue sent, but I'm seriously considering canceling as well. Haven't decided for sure... in-store swaps are still very convenient for me, with two reasonably-close stores (although not as close as before as a closer one closed down ) and it's a great way to get the new releases, but I'm starting to wonder if I can simply rent the new releases I actually want regularly, without bothering with the continuous account delivering movies that I'm only vaguely interested in from much lower on my queue. One or two new releases, plus one or two RedBox rentals (which I sometimes have to do anyway to get the new releases that are always already taken at the BB stores), and I'd be spending less per month, and no "penalty" if I get lazy about keeping up the viewing pace.
post #149 of 160 Old 04-12-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalani View Post

There's always www.3d-blurayrental.com but they're expensive.

I have this and Netflix for now but I'm thinking of cancelling my Netflix and just switch to Redbox and then just rent 3D from the site you mentioned. I have no experience with Redbox, how are they when it comes to independent, classic, foreign, documentary, anime and other non-new release movies? I know Redbox has new release movies but how are they when it comes to stock? Do you they have enough titles?
post #150 of 160 Old 04-12-2012, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edtorious View Post

I have this and Netflix for now but I'm thinking of cancelling my Netflix and just switch to Redbox and then just rent 3D from the site you mentioned. I have no experience with Redbox, how are they when it comes to independent, classic, foreign, documentary, anime and other non-new release movies? I know Redbox has new release movies but how are they when it comes to stock? Do you they have enough titles?

Redbox is lousy at that, IMO.

But old titles like that are only $1 to rent at BlockBuster, usually, so no big loss, for me. If you have no nearby BBs, that would be less effective for you.
Reply 3D Content

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page