Forum Jump: 

post #211 of 215 Old 01-06-2014, 10:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobytwo1 View Post

The part that threw me is that my wife basically reported the same finding as me when we watched 3D. Possibly for unknown reasons we have both become immune to 3D Pop.

It's all too strange for me. I need to rest my head.

Again, thank you for all your input.

I have witnessed this in early beginning watching 3D and found that the images were switched--ie. L/R was R/L. I had to select that the images be switched back. That said, sometimes it's in the glasses themselves. Some will work fine, while others are always out of sync. Could this be your problem?

The other thing to try is to measure the distance between your pupils. It should be about 2.5". It's the separation for infinity that is used by cinematographers. If your separation is much greater or less, then you might not see 3D the same way that the average person does. Either way, it should not be something to worry about. Just enjoy what you can and be thankful you have two eyes and not one cool.gif.

Another influence is the size of your screen and how far you sit from it. A smaller screen will have less separation and change the window. Or try increasing or decreasing the separation in your bluray player if that is a feature--my Sony player does this. Also, sitting closer will compress the 3D decreasing depth between objects and sitting further away will elongate it--adds more depth between objects. Try moving your watch zone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 215 Old 01-07-2014, 04:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by batsonm View Post

i manage to enhance the pop out effect,
try to put something between you and the tv screen to have a reference point.

for example,
if you are lying on your bed, put a chair between you and the tv in a way that the upper chair edge will be more or less in the height of the lower edge of the tv screen,
that way you no longer have to "guess" how much the imaged "popped".

"imax under the sea" fishes looks floating above and in front of the screen this way,
you can see them swim before the chair and you cant be mistaken about the pop out here.
I think we've trained ourselves to ignore the screen's existence, and just get immersed in the various layers of separation inside the movie worlds themselves.

My Videos

A movie with good 3D does not necessarily equal a good 3D movie!

post #213 of 215 Old 01-07-2014, 05:17 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefoo View Post

I think we've trained ourselves to ignore the screen's existence, and just get immersed in the various layers of separation inside the movie worlds themselves.

there is some training in my opinion because i cant seem to get the effect as before,

but i cant ignore the fact that when i see the movie on the big imax screen, i can see the effect close to my eyes as in millimeters.

when a dinosaur open its mouth in the big screen, i can see his holes in is teeth.

havent seen this effect at home, last thing for me to check is putting the magnifying glass clip on over the 3d glass,

i ordered a pair, i dont know if it will work on polarized glasses,

and i dont know if the clip on i ordered will be good.(i ordered the one with lever that clips to your glass and the lenses are couple of inches in front of the 3d glass lenses)

anyway, i will check it out and update here.

post #214 of 215 Old 01-07-2014, 08:17 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by batsonm View Post

there is some training in my opinion because i cant seem to get the effect as before,
but i cant ignore the fact that when i see the movie on the big imax screen, i can see the effect close to my eyes as in millimeters.

when a dinosaur open its mouth in the big screen, i can see his holes in is teeth.
havent seen this effect at home, last thing for me to check is putting the magnifying glass clip on over the 3d glass,
i ordered a pair, i dont know if it will work on polarized glasses,
and i dont know if the clip on i ordered will be good.(i ordered the one with lever that clips to your glass and the lenses are couple of inches in front of the 3d glass lenses)

anyway, i will check it out and update here.

You're messing with us, right?
On the "big screen" that tooth is probably the size of a small car. You can't compare a home display to a 75' screen.
Maybe you need a bigger TV instead of a magnifying glass. You're not sitting 20' away from a 40" display are you?

post #215 of 215 Old 01-07-2014, 09:14 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferl View Post

You're messing with us, right?
On the "big screen" that tooth is probably the size of a small car. You can't compare a home display to a 75' screen.
Maybe you need a bigger TV instead of a magnifying glass. You're not sitting 20' away from a 40" display are you?

well, i read it in some forum but it was regarding active glasses.

im sure it wont be like in the movies, but i can not know till i try it myself.

you also got my point that is the size of the screen that matters here.

Reply 3D Content

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page