My Experience With 3D-BlurayRental.com - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 36 Old 11-28-2011, 12:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Just wanted to first of all thank you guys for helping me to learn about this company. I have rented three discs from them so far and the experience has been very positive. Today the experience hit a new level when I discovered just how excellent their customer service was.

I had the latest Narnia film here at home. I watched it about a week ago (enjoyed it very much) and then had set it aside to ship back. Right around the same time, the next disc - Pirates of the Caribbean - arrived, so I had both here. Well, as it turns out, although I had intended to send back Narnia and keep Pirates here to watch next, I mistakenly sent back Pirates and realized that I still had Narnia. So this meant 1) I didn't get a chance to see Pirates, and 2) I was likely going to end up paying a late charge for Narnia being returned after the due date.

I noticed that I had received one of their automatic emails asking if Pirates had arrived yet. I explained to them the situation and simply asked if I could have an extension on the Narnia film due to my error. They emailed me back very promptly and stated that they would not only be happy to extend the return date for Narnia, but they were also going to send me another copy of Pirates at no charge just so that I could see the movie that I missed out on.

Now obviously they didn't have to do this, because it was my own fault. The fact that they did really resonated with me, and I very much appreciate a company that takes care of its members in such a manner. I just wanted to share this story with you guys, cause I know there are not a lot of sources for 3D blurays, and I have seen others asking about the options that exist.

You can rent from these fine folks with confidence...I'm looking forward to my next rental(s) with them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 Old 11-28-2011, 07:53 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've rented around 10 moves from them so far and have had a great experience with them as well.
post #3 of 36 Old 11-29-2011, 06:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Do you know where they are based out of (since they start the 'clock' from the date of shipment) - what state/city?

"..where you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

post #4 of 36 Old 11-29-2011, 06:38 AM

Liked: 12
How bout a link to their web site; thank you
post #5 of 36 Old 11-29-2011, 06:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by bontrager View Post

How bout a link to their web site; thank you

I've discovered this miracle product.
post #6 of 36 Old 11-29-2011, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by william View Post

i've discovered this miracle product.:d

lol, I guess putting it in the title wasn't enough?
post #7 of 36 Old 11-29-2011, 04:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wryker View Post

Do you know where they are based out of (since they start the 'clock' from the date of shipment) - what state/city?

Santa Clara, CA
post #8 of 36 Old 11-29-2011, 05:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summa View Post

lol, I guess putting it in the title wasn't enough?

STOP giving away my search secrets.

Actually I use them all the time and have had nothing but positive experiences from 3D bluerayrental.com's customer service. It's likely a mom and pop operation and that the owner(s)/operator(s) are hands on responsive.
post #9 of 36 Old 11-29-2011, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post

STOP giving away my search secrets.

Actually I use them all the time and have had nothing but positive experiences from 3D bluerayrental.com's customer service. It's likely a mom and pop operation and that the owner(s)/operator(s) are hands on responsive.

I hate it when I do that
post #10 of 36 Old 11-30-2011, 01:08 AM

I just bought a 3d tv last week and have been struggling to find 3d movies.

I saw the rental site but wasn't sure about it. Seemed pricey, but am now realizing its the only real choice. Ive only found a couple at blockbuster.com in 3d, and in my area every single video store has gone out in the past couple years. I have 1 blockbuster store in a 20 mile radius, thats it.

The site didn't have much info on the service. Im concerned with what happens if a movie gets lost in the mail. I used netflix and blockbuster for years and only had 1 get lost. Any idea on what the policy is here?
post #11 of 36 Old 11-30-2011, 06:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Santa Clara, CA

Hmm - That is probably @4 days transit to Nashvegas, TN I'm guessing. How long does a movie take to get to you?

post #12 of 36 Old 11-30-2011, 09:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Bobby: They are very responsive via email...I"d shoot them off a message with your concerns and have them describe the policy to you.

wryker: I'm about 30 mi north of ATL and the transit time has been quicker than I expected. It's been 2-3 days from the time I got the "shipped" email until they showed up in my mailbox. I don't want to speak for the company, but based on my experience it would seem that as long as you don't abuse the system, so to speak, they are flexible with you. If something happens, just let them know and see what they say, you know?
post #13 of 36 Old 11-30-2011, 10:42 AM

I too have been a very happy customer with them....you guys may want to check out this thread for more feedback. So far everyone seems happy with them.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1322117
post #14 of 36 Old 11-30-2011, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Excellent experience with them as well, including their response when returned discs took forever to get there-twice!
And they answer their email...........QUICKLY.

Ed
post #15 of 36 Old 11-30-2011, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

It's really great hearing that others have had a positive experience just as I have...I love companies like this. Considering how Netflix has dropped the ball as of late (I've been with Netflix for 9 years), it's great to see a company sort of filling in a gap for those of us who have 3D needs.

I watched Pirates last night and enjoyed it quite a bit. That first Mermaid scene was great! lol
post #16 of 36 Old 12-01-2011, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Bobby: They are very responsive via email...I"d shoot them off a message with your concerns and have them describe the policy to you.

wryker: I'm about 30 mi north of ATL and the transit time has been quicker than I expected. It's been 2-3 days from the time I got the "shipped" email until they showed up in my mailbox. I don't want to speak for the company, but based on my experience it would seem that as long as you don't abuse the system, so to speak, they are flexible with you. If something happens, just let them know and see what they say, you know?

Thanks! I'm definitely going to give them a shot! Like the other poster in this threaed, Netflix continues to trip over itself - they should have added games to their offering years ago along with adult videos and now with 3D...

post #17 of 36 Old 12-01-2011, 10:28 PM

Seems they have a good reputation, so gonna give them a try next week.

Supposedly have green lantern 3d version coming tomorrow from blockbuster, will be first 3d movie on my tv. Want to see how that is first

Also Just got my blu-ray burner so I want to make sure thats working properly.

Im just used to using redbox so the $6-$8 a rental made me stop. But it would cost you like $5 to just walk into blockbuster and get a movie so not that bad.
post #18 of 36 Old 12-02-2011, 04:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyd3 View Post

Seems they have a good reputation, so gonna give them a try next week....

Also Just got my blu-ray burner so I want to make sure thats working properly.

Im just used to using redbox so the $6-$8 a rental made me stop. But it would cost you like $5 to just walk into blockbuster and get a movie so not that bad.

Using a BD burner should be unrelated to a rental thread. You should ONLY burn non copyrighted material or copies of BD's you own.
post #19 of 36 Old 12-12-2011, 11:29 AM

Being the one who started the original thread on this company I can still advise that I find them to be very professional and very accomodating. I have yet to have a bad experience with them and still highly recommend them.
post #20 of 36 Old 12-12-2011, 11:36 AM
Advanced Member

Early adopter here too.
Five stars all the way!

Gen Coupe 3.8 Track w/ bolts-on tune: SRI , CBE

post #21 of 36 Old 12-12-2011, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member

I ordered a 'bunch' and most are on 'backorder' but they did ship @3 of them!

post #22 of 36 Old 12-12-2011, 03:41 PM

I have ordered over 10 BD's from them without any problems. They are a great merchant.
post #23 of 36 Old 12-13-2011, 07:45 AM
AVS Special Member

First ones arrived yesterday! It's like christmas - an envelope, with an envelope, with a cardboard sleeve, with another cardboard sleeve to open up! I didn't expect to get two at once (I'm used to Netflix) so it was a nice surprise (and makes sen$e)

post #24 of 36 Old 08-24-2012, 08:12 PM

This is the worst company I've ever rented from. When my order didn't arrive after 5 days I contacted them. I received the most rude, low quality customer service I have EVER received. I demanded a refund from them and they said they wouldn't rent to me anymore if they gave me refund.

After about a week they sent me some letter from their law firm saying I wasn't allowed to rent from them anymore and that any attempt to retaliate by leaving bad reviews would result in a lawsuit... Let them sue!

STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS!
post #25 of 36 Old 09-16-2012, 10:31 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Guess I held out too long on this. Just registered and selected 5 titles today and we'll see how long it takes for all to come in. Looking forward to trying this out.
post #26 of 36 Old 09-20-2012, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27

Kind of hard to judge from my limited experience, but I recently ordered 2 3D movies from them, including Titanic 3D on its opening day.  I got both in the mail within a couple of days.  Small sample, I know, but I will try them again based on my experience.

Ray
"You cannot reason a person out of a position he did not reason himself into in the first place." -Jonathan Swift
post #27 of 36 Old 09-21-2012, 01:26 AM
AVS Club Gold

I ordered 5 3D disks and 4 arrived in 3 days. The other was shipped yesterday according to email.

One disk has a defect. First time I experienced this with any rental. The title is DolphinTale 3D. It gets to about 11 minutes and then stutters and then quits playing. The disk doesn't appear to be scratched. I wonder if anyone else had trouble with this title.

So far I am pleased with the experience. I was planning on buying these 3D titles and now I get to watch them at 1/6 the price. They seem to have an excellent selection.
post #28 of 36 Old 11-15-2012, 04:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Great company to work with. Much cheaper alternative that buying every 3D disc you view.

Responsive, straight shooters. Great selection! Quality discs including full soundtrack and extras.

Highly recommended.

Home Theater Setup
Samsung UN65ES8000 LCD/LED
BenQ W1080ST Projector
Pioneer SC65 (Pre-Amp)
Wyred4Sound MMC-7 Channel Amplifier, 221wpc
OPPO 103, Directv GENIE
Darbee Darblet
ALL Paradigm - 7.1 - Studio 60's, V.2 (FL/FR)
CC-690, V.5 (C)
ADP 590 V.5 (SS)
MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub
post #29 of 36 Old 11-16-2012, 07:45 AM

Liked: 13
Just recently signed up since I can't afford constantly buying all 3D movies. From the library that I have, I watch the movie say only once, so it makes sense to just rent vs. buying some of them. I do wish I had not bought a couple, but with 3D so limited, I went to buy them anyway (Underworld, John Carter, Chimpanzee...). So this is a good alternative to watch all 3D movies not worth purchasing, and maybe if I like it enough, I'll have to purchase them. I will only buy 3D movies $19.99 or less and with black friday next week, hopefully a few will go a little cheaper and I'll pick up as well.

I was wondering, when a new 3D movie comes out, how long do you usually have to wait before they ship and are they backordered often? I assume it won't be as bad as Netflix on regular blurays back then, which took too long, so I only use their streaming service, and use BB to rent my blurays now. So this will cover my 3D rentals with a monthly subscription.

From what I've read, it should be a good experience.

post #30 of 36 Old 11-17-2012, 12:16 PM
AVS Club Gold

I buy a la carte rather than a monthly subscription. Reason is I ONLY want 3D titles from them. At this time I don't want to go a period of time where no new titles come out. Besides, the turn around time means that I could only get 1 per week anyway. a la carte is equal to or cheaper than a monthly because when there are plenty in one week I can order up all at once and they ship. The longest wait for a new release has been 10 days, much better than Netflix and extremely better than BB from DishNetwork which can take months. IMO, the pricing for 3D is worth it but the cost for BD 2D is not since I have movie passes from BB store, 2 out at a time.
Reply 3D Content

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , Chronicles Of Narnia Prince Caspian Blu Ray , Pirates Of The Caribbean At Worlds End Three Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page