AVS Forum banner
7K views 39 replies 22 participants last post by  cinema13 
#1 ·
Just wanted to first of all thank you guys for helping me to learn about this company. I have rented three discs from them so far and the experience has been very positive. Today the experience hit a new level when I discovered just how excellent their customer service was.

I had the latest Narnia film here at home. I watched it about a week ago (enjoyed it very much) and then had set it aside to ship back. Right around the same time, the next disc - Pirates of the Caribbean - arrived, so I had both here. Well, as it turns out, although I had intended to send back Narnia and keep Pirates here to watch next, I mistakenly sent back Pirates and realized that I still had Narnia. So this meant 1) I didn't get a chance to see Pirates, and 2) I was likely going to end up paying a late charge for Narnia being returned after the due date.

I noticed that I had received one of their automatic emails asking if Pirates had arrived yet. I explained to them the situation and simply asked if I could have an extension on the Narnia film due to my error. They emailed me back very promptly and stated that they would not only be happy to extend the return date for Narnia, but they were also going to send me another copy of Pirates at no charge just so that I could see the movie that I missed out on.

Now obviously they didn't have to do this, because it was my own fault. The fact that they did really resonated with me, and I very much appreciate a company that takes care of its members in such a manner. I just wanted to share this story with you guys, cause I know there are not a lot of sources for 3D blurays, and I have seen others asking about the options that exist.

You can rent from these fine folks with confidence...I'm looking forward to my next rental(s) with them

See less See more
#3 ·
Do you know where they are based out of (since they start the 'clock' from the date of shipment) - what state/city?

#8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summa /forum/post/21277114

lol, I guess putting it in the title wasn't enough?

STOP giving away my search secrets.

Actually I use them all the time and have had nothing but positive experiences from 3D bluerayrental.com's customer service. It's likely a mom and pop operation and that the owner(s)/operator(s) are hands on responsive.

#9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by William /forum/post/21277500

STOP giving away my search secrets.

Actually I use them all the time and have had nothing but positive experiences from 3D bluerayrental.com's customer service. It's likely a mom and pop operation and that the owner(s)/operator(s) are hands on responsive.

I hate it when I do that

#10 ·
I just bought a 3d tv last week and have been struggling to find 3d movies.

I saw the rental site but wasn't sure about it. Seemed pricey, but am now realizing its the only real choice. Ive only found a couple at blockbuster.com in 3d, and in my area every single video store has gone out in the past couple years. I have 1 blockbuster store in a 20 mile radius, thats it.

The site didn't have much info on the service. Im concerned with what happens if a movie gets lost in the mail. I used netflix and blockbuster for years and only had 1 get lost. Any idea on what the policy is here?

#11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summa /forum/post/21277131

Santa Clara, CA

Hmm - That is probably @4 days transit to Nashvegas, TN I'm guessing. How long does a movie take to get to you?

#12 ·
Bobby: They are very responsive via email...I"d shoot them off a message with your concerns and have them describe the policy to you.

wryker: I'm about 30 mi north of ATL and the transit time has been quicker than I expected. It's been 2-3 days from the time I got the "shipped" email until they showed up in my mailbox. I don't want to speak for the company, but based on my experience it would seem that as long as you don't abuse the system, so to speak, they are flexible with you. If something happens, just let them know and see what they say, you know?

#15 ·
It's really great hearing that others have had a positive experience just as I have...I love companies like this. Considering how Netflix has dropped the ball as of late (I've been with Netflix for 9 years), it's great to see a company sort of filling in a gap for those of us who have 3D needs.

I watched Pirates last night and enjoyed it quite a bit. That first Mermaid scene was great! lol

#16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summa /forum/post/21280131

Bobby: They are very responsive via email...I"d shoot them off a message with your concerns and have them describe the policy to you.

wryker: I'm about 30 mi north of ATL and the transit time has been quicker than I expected. It's been 2-3 days from the time I got the "shipped" email until they showed up in my mailbox. I don't want to speak for the company, but based on my experience it would seem that as long as you don't abuse the system, so to speak, they are flexible with you. If something happens, just let them know and see what they say, you know?

Thanks! I'm definitely going to give them a shot! Like the other poster in this threaed, Netflix continues to trip over itself - they should have added games to their offering years ago along with adult videos and now with 3D...

#17 ·
Seems they have a good reputation, so gonna give them a try next week.

Supposedly have green lantern 3d version coming tomorrow from blockbuster, will be first 3d movie on my tv. Want to see how that is first

Also Just got my blu-ray burner so I want to make sure thats working properly.

Im just used to using redbox so the $6-$8 a rental made me stop. But it would cost you like $5 to just walk into blockbuster and get a movie so not that bad.

#18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyd3 /forum/post/21288696

Seems they have a good reputation, so gonna give them a try next week....

Also Just got my blu-ray burner so I want to make sure thats working properly.

Im just used to using redbox so the $6-$8 a rental made me stop. But it would cost you like $5 to just walk into blockbuster and get a movie so not that bad.

Using a BD burner should be unrelated to a rental thread. You should ONLY burn non copyrighted material or copies of BD's you own.

#21 ·
I ordered a 'bunch' and most are on 'backorder' but they did ship @3 of them!

#23 ·
First ones arrived yesterday! It's like christmas - an envelope, with an envelope, with a cardboard sleeve, with another cardboard sleeve to open up! I didn't expect to get two at once (I'm used to Netflix) so it was a nice surprise (and makes sen$e)

#24 ·
This is the worst company I've ever rented from. When my order didn't arrive after 5 days I contacted them. I received the most rude, low quality customer service I have EVER received. I demanded a refund from them and they said they wouldn't rent to me anymore if they gave me refund.

After about a week they sent me some letter from their law firm saying I wasn't allowed to rent from them anymore and that any attempt to retaliate by leaving bad reviews would result in a lawsuit... Let them sue!

STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS!

#25 ·
Guess I held out too long on this. Just registered and selected 5 titles today and we'll see how long it takes for all to come in. Looking forward to trying this out.

#26 ·

Kind of hard to judge from my limited experience, but I recently ordered 2 3D movies from them, including Titanic 3D on its opening day.  I got both in the mail within a couple of days.  Small sample, I know, but I will try them again based on my experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.