Vince Pace Reveals How Martin Scorsese's 'Hugo' Is Changing the Future of 3D Filmmaki - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-20-2011, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Vince Pace Reveals How Martin Scorsese's 'Hugo' Is Changing the Future of 3D Filmmaking

Quote:

The co-chairman of the Cameron | Pace Group says the world's first "CPG Certified" 3D movie has already captured Hollywood studios' attention, surpassing even the work CPG did for James Cameron's "Avatar."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-avatar-275492
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-21-2011, 03:42 AM

Liked: 15
So I'm wondering how it was/is with ticket sales, both the total and the percentage from 3D. I'm hoping the numbers were huge... (I loved it) and I'm thinking we may have 2 or 3 "3D reference Blurays" in our libraries Christmas 2012 (Avatar, Hugo, and Titanic!?!)
post #3 of 3 Old 12-21-2011, 05:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVTrauma View Post

So I'm wondering how it was/is with ticket sales, both the total and the percentage from 3D. I'm hoping the numbers were huge... (I loved it) and I'm thinking we may have 2 or 3 "3D reference Blurays" in our libraries Christmas 2012 (Avatar, Hugo, and Titanic!?!)

Hugo (2011) - Box Office Mojo
75 Percent Of HUGO's Audience Is Choosing 3D

The film even got positive comments about 3d out of 3d curmudgeon Roger Ebert:

Quote:

"Hugo" is unlike any other film Martin Scorsese has ever made, and yet possibly the closest to his heart: a big-budget, family epic in 3-D, and in some ways, a mirror of his own life. We feel a great artist has been given command of the tools and resources he needs to make a movie about movies...

Not long ago, I saw a 3-D children's film about penguins. I thought it was a simpleminded use of the medium. Scorsese uses 3-D here as it should be used, not as a gimmick but as an enhancement of the total effect. Notice in particular his re-creation of the famous little film "Arrival of a Train at La Ciotat" (1897), by the Lumiere brothers. You've probably heard its legend: As a train rushes toward the camera, the audience panics and struggles to get out of its way. That is a shot which demonstrates the proper use of 3-D, which the Lumieres might have used had it been available.

Reply 3D Content

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page