What is Walmart doing with their 3D Blu Ray discs? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 12-29-2011, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I stopped in a Walmart today to get Smurfs 3D on Blu-Ray for my kids, but couldn't find it--or ANY 3D discs--in any of the displays. I asked an employee, who informed me that they have been told to keep every shipment of 3D discs in the stockroom away from customers AND then send all units back to corporate every few days. He said he knew they had just gotten a shipment of the Smurfs disc, so he was able to get one for me.

What is this all about? An misinformed employee, a strange inventory-shifting scheme, or what? It's odd to me that they're not putting any out on the sales floor (and even more odd that they have a protocol for shipping the discs elsewhere quickly) unlike other stores near me, such as Best Buy, that have a dedicated area for 3D discs...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 12-29-2011, 01:24 PM
Advanced Member

My local Walmart has a small selection over by the 3d Blu ray players
post #3 of 9 Old 12-29-2011, 02:12 PM

Liked: 18
my local walmart only had smurfs and fright night 3d on display
post #4 of 9 Old 12-29-2011, 03:51 PM
AVS Special Member

I imagine that the combination of uneducated customers and employees at Walmart has resulted in a higher than average return rate from people who have purchased a 3D disc without realizing what it was, or what was needed to view it. I can picture the average Walmart worker telling a confused buyer that the red and blue glasses from home or the black glasses from the theater will all work fine on their old TV with this fancy 3D Blu-DVD.

PETER JACKSON: The theatrical versions are the definitive versions.
post #5 of 9 Old 12-29-2011, 04:01 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Your telling me there are people who are smart enough to find and research information on the AVS forum that also shop at Walmart?
post #6 of 9 Old 12-29-2011, 04:43 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 38
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!

X-Box Live name: OGgamer1974

If you want to be friends on through xbox network, just send me a request through X-Box Live and mention AVS in the request.

Cheers
post #7 of 9 Old 12-29-2011, 04:48 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaylightSM View Post

I stopped in a Walmart today to get Smurfs 3D on Blu-Ray for my kids, but couldn't find it--or ANY 3D discs--in any of the displays. I asked an employee, who informed me that they have been told to keep every shipment of 3D discs in the stockroom away from customers AND then send all units back to corporate every few days. He said he knew they had just gotten a shipment of the Smurfs disc, so he was able to get one for me.

What is this all about? An misinformed employee, a strange inventory-shifting scheme, or what? It's odd to me that they're not putting any out on the sales floor (and even more odd that they have a protocol for shipping the discs elsewhere quickly) unlike other stores near me, such as Best Buy, that have a dedicated area for 3D discs...

I visited two local Walmarts near my home looking for Despicable Me 3D and I did not find a single 3D movie. This is strange because I just purchased Pirates 4 and Cars2 in 3D at Walmart when these movies came out. At that time both Walmart's had dozens of 3D movies sitting on the shelves. I did go to Best Buy and they priced matched the movie using my smart phone while showing Walmart's price.

X-Box Live name: OGgamer1974

If you want to be friends on through xbox network, just send me a request through X-Box Live and mention AVS in the request.

Cheers
post #8 of 9 Old 12-30-2011, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by man4mopar View Post

Your telling me there are people who are smart enough to find and research information on the AVS forum that also shop at Walmart?

They're also smart enough to shop for the best prices.
post #9 of 9 Old 12-30-2011, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member

My local Walmart usually gets the 3d disk a few weeks after release, then once they sell out they never restock the older releases.
Reply 3D Content

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page