Legal Sources Of SBS material. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 12-30-2011, 07:38 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am looking for a legal source of SBS material. I know I can "find" it on the net, but that is not what I want. Any ideas?

Sailn...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 12-30-2011, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailn View Post

I am looking for a legal source of SBS material. I know I can "find" it on the net, but that is not what I want. Any ideas?

If the 3D video was originated by you, converting it to SBS would be legit.

Example: 3D Camcorder or still camera converted to SBS

Also, the HDMI output of the camcorder may have a mode that puts out SBS on HDMI, and that would be "legal."

If a video was copy protected, before you could convert it to SBS, the copy protection would need to be circumvented, to access and manipulate the files.

In some countries, removing the copy protection from a video, either 2D or 3D, may not be legal. This is a question requiring a legal opinion to answer, and there may be more than one opinion.

"With Liberty, HDTV and Justice for all."
Richard Adams
post #3 of 12 Old 12-30-2011, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Thanks for the answer...but it wasn't really what I was looking for. Let me restate my question. Where can i buy SBS versions of 3d movies? If it is in digital form that is fine...

Sailn...
post #4 of 12 Old 12-30-2011, 11:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 31
You can't download commercial 3D movies to your hard drive that I'm aware of. You can only stream them from your cable box, Vudu, Playstation 3 video store, etc.

My Videos

A movie with good 3D does not necessarily equal a good 3D movie!

post #5 of 12 Old 12-31-2011, 03:13 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:

Thanks for the answer...but it wasn't really what I was looking for. Let me restate my question. Where can i buy SBS versions of 3d movies? If it is in digital form that is fine...

I have found none but you can use a panasonic bdt110,210,310 bluray player.These are the only bluray players that allow you to change output formats via screen menu to sbs,checkerboard,from the standard frame packed so you can play 3d bluray and output it sbs.That's what I'm going to do with my projector.
post #6 of 12 Old 12-31-2011, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefoo View Post

You can't download commercial 3D movies to your hard drive that I'm aware of. You can only stream them from your cable box, Vudu, Playstation 3 video store, etc.

When I rented Cap America 3D on PSN for 99 cents, it downloaded the entire movie first.

I only had 24 hours to watch it (once started) but the file was on my hard drive, technically.
post #7 of 12 Old 12-31-2011, 12:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Schiller View Post

When I rented Cap America 3D on PSN for 99 cents, it downloaded the entire movie first.

I only had 24 hours to watch it (once started) but the file was on my hard drive, technically.

I guess what I meant is, you can't access those files any other way than from their intended playback devices that they are digitally signed for.

My Videos

A movie with good 3D does not necessarily equal a good 3D movie!

post #8 of 12 Old 12-31-2011, 01:14 PM

There are no legal ways, but there are ways, the price of 3d movies are insane 30 to 40 bucks for what Thor, really? When it comes to hacking, downloading, ect it is what it is I don't recommend it but its done and I will leave it at that. I matie, good luck.
post #9 of 12 Old 12-31-2011, 03:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcamm1966 View Post

There are no legal ways, but there are ways, the price of 3d movies are insane 30 to 40 bucks for what Thor, really? When it comes to hacking, downloading, ect it is what it is I don't recommend it but its done and I will leave it at that. I matie, good luck.

I'm sure we all know that if you want to go shoplifting at Walmart "there are ways", especially with the price of jeans. However the OP was very specific in asking about legal ways.
post #10 of 12 Old 01-02-2012, 08:27 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewis3845 View Post

I have found none but you can use a panasonic bdt110,210,310 bluray player.These are the only bluray players that allow you to change output formats via screen menu to sbs,checkerboard,from the standard frame packed so you can play 3d bluray and output it sbs.That's what I'm going to do with my projector.

That is close to the answer I was hoping for. I don't mind buying a bluray player, but I really didn't want to get the optima box to convert the video. I have been using the monoprice 3d converter to take sbs ( from youtube ) and make if FS so my 3d projector can play it.

Sailn...
post #11 of 12 Old 01-03-2012, 04:54 PM

Quote:

That is close to the answer I was hoping for. I don't mind buying a bluray player, but I really didn't want to get the optima box to convert the video. I have been using the monoprice 3d converter to take sbs ( from youtube ) and make if FS so my 3d projector can play it.

you don't need the optoma box..only the 3d creator and panasonic bluray player.
post #12 of 12 Old 01-04-2012, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
If you are willing to pay, get a Blockbuster subscription. Why watch SBS? There is 3D on Youtube also. My LG dm2350 does a great job of converting 2D to 3D. I can watch everything in 3D if I want to. This while others (mainly my wife) can watch it in 2D on the big TV.
Reply 3D Content

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page