Looks Like BlockBuster Added A Bunch Of 3D Movies - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 45 Old 01-03-2012, 06:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I Was just on Blockbuster and it looks like they added a bunch of 3D copies of movies.Frightnight,Final Destination 5,Resident Evil Afterlife,Kungfu Panda 2,Just to name a few that I have found.They were not availablelast week when I checked anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 Old 01-03-2012, 07:11 AM

i searched "blu ray 3d" and yes it list those movies but there isn't anywhere i saw that specifically said they were 3d blu rays.
post #3 of 45 Old 01-03-2012, 07:52 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chums View Post

i searched "blu ray 3d" and yes it list those movies but there isn't anywhere i saw that specifically said they were 3d blu rays.

You have to go to list formats or something like that.
post #4 of 45 Old 01-03-2012, 08:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by radh1 View Post

I Was just on Blockbuster and it looks like they added a bunch of 3D copies of movies.Frightnight,Final Destination 5,Resident Evil Afterlife,Kungfu Panda 2,Just to name a few that I have found.They were not availablelast week when I checked anyway.

Awesome. About time!

post #5 of 45 Old 01-03-2012, 08:29 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Thanks for the heads up OP.

I just threw Final Destination 5 in my queue. Now, maybe I'll get it in a few weeks as I've burned through all the Imax docs trying to get Smurfs, Yogi, and other popular titles for my daughter.
post #6 of 45 Old 01-03-2012, 12:56 PM

This will be huge news, if it holds to be true.

A haunting in salem was the only 3d bluray ive been able to get from them.
post #7 of 45 Old 01-03-2012, 05:13 PM

Blockbuster just confirmed with me they do NOT carry "any" 3d bluray titles for rental. They only carry a few selected 3d titles for sale in some of their stores. The confusion is all due to Blockbuster's. When you do a search for 3d bluray, you'll see quite a few titles that were made in 3d, but Blockbuster chose not to carry any 3d titles, just the non 3d blurays.

Also note, Blockbuster is closing more and more retail stores. They seem to be stuggling for a cash infusion through 30-day free rental trials, etc. I cancelled as soon as they confirmed no 3d title availability.
post #8 of 45 Old 01-03-2012, 06:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by skatze View Post

Blockbuster just confirmed with me they do NOT carry "any" 3d bluray titles for rental. They only carry a few selected 3d titles for sale in some of their stores. The confusion is all due to Blockbuster's. When you do a search for 3d bluray, you'll see quite a few titles that were made in 3d, but Blockbuster chose not to carry any 3d titles, just the non 3d blurays.

Also note, Blockbuster is closing more and more retail stores. They seem to be stuggling for a cash infusion through 30-day free rental trials, etc. I cancelled as soon as they confirmed no 3d title availability.

Unfortunately, you were given INCORRECT information. They don't have a lot of 3D blurays but they DO have some including the ones mentioned at the beginning of this thread (some are still showing as ORDERED). I've rented 2 from them so far. You need to click on "View all versions to rent or buy" after clicking on a title. Too bad you received info from them that was WRONG.

Ed
post #9 of 45 Old 01-03-2012, 07:42 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps View Post

Unfortunately, you were given INCORRECT information. They don't have a lot of 3D blurays but they DO have some including the ones mentioned at the beginning of this thread (some are still showing as ORDERED). I've rented 2 from them so far. You need to click on "View all versions to rent or buy" after clicking on a title. Too bad you received info from them that was WRONG.

Ed

ditto! I started to set my queue for all the BB titles stated for 3D. Just finished watching Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D. Some are available now, some stated to be unavailable and some long wait. BB needs to see that 3D disks are in demand so everyone should load up the queue with all the titles.

skatze- You need to find a more knowledgeable information source. My store now has quite a few titles for rent and for sale. When I checked today, they were all checked out except for one copy of Smurfs 3D. They got Final Destination 5 in 3D but they said only 6 copies and they go out as soon as they come back in.

I also discovered that Netflix has all the 3D titles available for rent as well. So, I just filled up my queue with those titles.
post #10 of 45 Old 01-03-2012, 07:42 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
As Ed noted, and as also noted in another BB 3D thread, the on-line division of BB do have some 3D Bluray titles for rent. I've personally rented roughly 10 or so. These are true 3D Blurays, although their selection can be a bit odd at times.

GRAND CANYON ADVENTURE
ARABIA
ULTIMATE WAVE TAHITI
MUMMIES, SECRETS OF THE PHARAOHS
GREEN LANTERN
JOURNEY INTO AMAZING CAVES
KENNY CHESNEY SUMMER IN 3D
WILD OCEAN

Plus a couple of Dino IMAX titles that escape me at the moment.

There are some 3D BluRay titles that have been listed for months, but if you are a member, they show up as unavailable once you select them. (JOURNEY OF MAN, SEA REX, PIRANHA etc etc) This is a bad ongoing Blockbuster issue with a number of their 2D titles as well.
post #11 of 45 Old 01-03-2012, 07:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Do these have a "long" wait time? I swear, everytime I receive a disc it is something that is 15th or more in my queue.
post #12 of 45 Old 01-03-2012, 08:29 PM

Resident evil I can confirm as being listed incorrectly. Although its clearly listed as 3d they only carry 2d. The only full length 3d movie ive received is green lantern. I have a feeling that the majority of movies they list are mislabled as well.
post #13 of 45 Old 01-03-2012, 09:04 PM
AVS Club Gold

Different areas have their own mail centers for distribution and stores. Maybe your area is still in the last century. So your store and centers don't carry what others do.
post #14 of 45 Old 01-03-2012, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Landis View Post

Different areas have their own mail centers for distribution and stores. Maybe your area is still in the last century. So your store and centers don't carry what others do.

So what 3D movies have you received?
post #15 of 45 Old 01-03-2012, 09:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 32
It looks like they have Cave of Forgotten Dreams... am I seeing that right?

My Videos

A movie with good 3D does not necessarily equal a good 3D movie!

post #16 of 45 Old 01-04-2012, 06:03 AM

Liked: 14
Yes I received cave of forgotten dreams from Block Buster.
post #17 of 45 Old 01-04-2012, 06:11 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Received "Arabia" in 3D from blockbuster about a week ago, very little wait time.

However I have been waiting as much as 6 weeks for newly released titles in blu-ray in standard 2D. This is getting a little tiresome!

Also have Conan (3d) in my que.
post #18 of 45 Old 01-04-2012, 06:37 AM - Thread Starter

I talked to blockbuster a few weeks ago and the guy told me to wait after the 1st of the yr.because they will be adding more and more 3D titles..He couldnt tell me what ones he said just check the"see all versions" link and see if one says 3D and add that to your Queue.If it isnt available they are either all out for rent or they will be getting them.Now if that is true or not who knows.Time will tell...
post #19 of 45 Old 01-04-2012, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefoo View Post

It looks like they have Cave of Forgotten Dreams... am I seeing that right?

YES. That's one I've received and watched from them and it IS 3D bluray.

Ed
post #20 of 45 Old 01-04-2012, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoney805 View Post

Resident evil I can confirm as being listed incorrectly. Although its clearly listed as 3d they only carry 2d. The only full length 3d movie ive received is green lantern. I have a feeling that the majority of movies they list are mislabled as well.

GGRRRR.... My copy is being shipped today and I wouldn't have ordered it if it hadn't shown as 3D under "See all versions"!

Ed
post #21 of 45 Old 01-04-2012, 08:00 AM - Thread Starter

I noticed that after you add a movie to your queue and then view it in there if it says 3d in your queue then you will get 3d??? Res.evil doesnt say 3d in my queue but thats what I added..Like I said time will tell..Maybe we can start a thread on which ones we get in 3d and the ones we dont...
post #22 of 45 Old 01-04-2012, 08:38 AM
AVS Club Gold

What Blockbuster needs on their web page is a preference selection for "3D" priority, i.e. if available in 3D send in 3D or wait. Similar to what they have for simple Blu Ray now.

I think there are more 3D now than the website acknowledges.

Since the start of availability of 3D for me around Christmas, I have only received 2 disks and both have been 3D as requested and listed. Kenny Chesney and Smurfs 3D. The third should be here tomorrow, Cloudy with chance of Meatballs. Believe it or not I never saw this when it was first released.
post #23 of 45 Old 01-04-2012, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:

What Blockbuster needs on their web page is a preference selection for "3D" priority, i.e. if available in 3D send in 3D or wait. Similar to what they have for simple Blu Ray now.

I think there are more 3D now than the website acknowledges.

Since the start of availability of 3D for me around Christmas, I have only received 2 disks and both have been 3D as requested and listed. Kenny Chesney and Smurfs 3D. The third should be here tomorrow, Cloudy with chance of Meatballs. Believe it or not I never saw this when it was first released.

You can also add the latest HARRY POTTER in 3D, which I did receive from BB by mail.

post #24 of 45 Old 01-04-2012, 09:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema13 View Post

You can also add the latest HARRY POTTER in 3D, which I did receive from BB by mail.

And Green Lantern.

Ed
post #25 of 45 Old 01-04-2012, 11:39 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:

ditto! I started to set my queue for all the BB titles stated for 3D. Just finished watching Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D. Some are available now, some stated to be unavailable and some long wait. BB needs to see that 3D disks are in demand so everyone should load up the queue with all the titles.

skatze- You need to find a more knowledgeable information source. My store now has quite a few titles for rent and for sale. When I checked today, they were all checked out except for one copy of Smurfs 3D. They got Final Destination 5 in 3D but they said only 6 copies and they go out as soon as they come back in.

I also discovered that Netflix has all the 3D titles available for rent as well. So, I just filled up my queue with those titles.

Where are you seeing Netflix 3D titles? I am not seeing them and just spoke to their customer service and was told they don't have any. I know these reps often don't have the latest info, so if there is some place to find them I would love to know about it.

Can you post a link to a few of them or a 3D category or something for losers like me that can't find it?
post #26 of 45 Old 01-04-2012, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by radh1 View Post

..Maybe we can start a thread on which ones we get in 3d and the ones we dont...

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1342843

post #27 of 45 Old 01-04-2012, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I've been saying for the past few years that Netflix is missing the boat by not having 3D BD titles (that and games and adult titles).

"..where you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

post #28 of 45 Old 01-04-2012, 02:21 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowlinWolf View Post

Where are you seeing Netflix 3D titles? I am not seeing them and just spoke to their customer service and was told they don't have any. I know these reps often don't have the latest info, so if there is some place to find them I would love to know about it.

Can you post a link to a few of them or a 3D category or something for losers like me that can't find it?

Yes, that's the first I've heard of Netflix carrying anything 3D, so I'm curious about that too. I don't have a clue how you'd even find or add 3D titles via their web site.
post #29 of 45 Old 01-04-2012, 02:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tack View Post

Yes, that's the first I've heard of Netflix carrying anything 3D, so I'm curious about that too. I don't have a clue how you'd even find or add 3D titles via their web site.

Yeah Don, enlighten us!

Ed
post #30 of 45 Old 01-04-2012, 02:54 PM

I think he is a Netflix fanboy.... As there is no 3d blurays coming from Netflix. Verified via a employee, who also stated that it was a licensing issue with studios.
Reply 3D Content

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page