post #61 of 64 Old 02-06-2012, 11:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by tory40 View Post

I've not yet seen a TV that ups the color saturation in 3D.

Both my JVC projector and Vizio passive TV were set out of the box to default to the equivalent of "Vivid" mode when receiving a 3D signal. I had to calibrate both to bring them down to watchable levels. (The JVC also cranked the Sharpness setting up to maximum for some reason.)

Josh Z
Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
Curator, Laserdisc Forever

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 64 Old 02-08-2012, 01:52 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 410
Watched this last night. The only issue I noticed, which is a significant one, is that the brightness does indeed seem to drop off somewhere in the 40-50 minute area and stays this way for the rest of the film. There is some info in the main blu ray forum Transf 3 thread for anyone interested.

Besides that issue (which is no good), the 3d looked great IMO. It was a bit inconsistent due to the different techniques used, but overall I thought it worked well. The colors seemed fine as did sharpness and detail.

The brightness issue is a bummer though and it is a big enough problem to my eyes that I would choose the 2d version if I were to watch this again. Sure looks like a mistake happened putting this onto disc somewhere in the chain

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
post #63 of 64 Old 02-11-2012, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

Watched this last night. The only issue I noticed, which is a significant one, is that the brightness does indeed seem to drop off somewhere in the 40-50 minute area and stays this way for the rest of the film. There is some info in the main blu ray forum Transf 3 thread for anyone interested.

Besides that issue (which is no good), the 3d looked great IMO. It was a bit inconsistent due to the different techniques used, but overall I thought it worked well. The colors seemed fine as did sharpness and detail.

The brightness issue is a bummer though and it is a big enough problem to my eyes that I would choose the 2d version if I were to watch this again. Sure looks like a mistake happened putting this onto disc somewhere in the chain

And the irony that they delayed this 3D version release specifically to perfect it for home viewing! Very, very disappointing.

As for Josh's post, the JVC projectors default to 30 sharpness (not maximum). JVC do this because increased sharpness helps improve the sense of depth. However +15 is sufficient to do this rather than +30.
post #64 of 64 Old 02-20-2012, 07:36 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post

So are brahby and I the only ones with the color saturation issue? I don't have the dark image problem, but the saturation is almost unwatchable. I've tried it with 2 players (PS3 and Samsung) and with 2 different kinds of glasses, it's all the same. 2D version looks great, as do other 3D blu-rays.

I'm having color saturation issues as well. None of my other 3D blu rays have the problem. I'm going to tinker with the settings tonight and see if it looks better, but right now it's unwatchable for me.
Reply 3D Content

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page